NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

Mulvy
    Mulvy

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3 - Page 37 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:21 am

Trajan wrote:

Yeah Wolfie, even if he does not start you have to have him regardless. Latu looks dodgy now
    but Kikau may be more viable as a EMG.This will make Evans more popular as well. I refuse to have him
    as a long suffering Roosters supporter.

Latu was dodgy anyway. Kikau looking good. What does it have to do with Evans??
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3 - Page 37 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

Post by standard-issue Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:22 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:
    Milchcow wrote:Another name to consider.

Luke Brooks averaged 25 in games with Moses, and 43 once Moses left.
    Will he finally hit his potential? 

Partly depends who he defends next to as well - misses a lot of tackles, so hopefully he can sort that out (as a Tigers fan I especially hope this)

I was actually looking at him a week or two ago. f he could get his defence into order he'd go alright much like Elgy. What put me off Brooks is not knowing how the Tigers halves will play. Jrey has already said that he is going to be popping up on both sides and does this take away from Brooks or would Jrey be used as a running half and Brooks to organise and get all the long kicking
    Haha, great minds.

And have you had a few or are their crumbs under your keyboard?

Post by Guest Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:24 am

SI wrote:
    Haha, great minds.

And have you had a few or are their crumbs under your keyboard?

Hahaha I went back and fixed my spelling up hoping I got away with it lol!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:43 am

Channel Nine reporting that Carty's move to the Titans has shocked fans because it is "on eve of season"...
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:46 am

SI wrote:Channel Nine reporting that Carty's move to the Titans has shocked fans because it is "on eve of season"...

Here I thought that fans were shocked because Cartwright is moving to the Cocaine Capital of Australia...

Post by Guest Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:48 am

Is it really the capital? I've lived here my whole life and I would have no clue where to get the booger sugar from
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:50 am

I know it depends on overall make-up, but to spend money or not, on a centre gun, I am divided. I remember last year being livid I spent money on a semi-gun (D Walker) when there were a hundred base price guys out-scoring him and when I got rid of him he finally figured out how to kick goals Bang I don't even think I'm exaggerating that much, missed like four goals in a row, I traded him out and he becomes a (relatively) superstar goal kicker. Anyways, centres, Latrell or Maubbs, or just cheap out?
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:54 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:Is it really the capital? I've lived here my whole life and I would have no clue where to get the booger sugar from

Oh really? Razz

NSFW:

Post by Guest Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:57 am

mulvy wrote:I know it depends on overall make-up, but to spend money or not, on a centre gun, I am divided. I remember last year being livid I spent money on a semi-gun (D Walker) when there were a hundred base price guys out-scoring him and when I got rid of him he finally figured out how to kick goals Bang I don't even think I'm exaggerating that much, missed like four goals in a row, I traded him out and he becomes a (relatively) superstar goal kicker. Anyways, centres, Latrell or Maubbs, or just cheap out?  

I too had D Walker and had him for majority of the year because I had other fires to put out. Then he'd score a 50 and id think hmmm.. I can keep him for another week and ofcourse he would let me down again. I had Aubbs but with him having mumps I've put in a fullback and made two cheapies in the centres and I think I will stick to that
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:58 am

Nothing worse in this game than forking out for a gun centre and having basement price pricks you decided against score just as well
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:03 am

mulvy wrote:I know it depends on overall make-up, but to spend money or not, on a centre gun, I am divided. I remember last year being livid I spent money on a semi-gun (D Walker) when there were a hundred base price guys out-scoring him and when I got rid of him he finally figured out how to kick goals Bang I don't even think I'm exaggerating that much, missed like four goals in a row, I traded him out and he becomes a (relatively) superstar goal kicker. Anyways, centres, Latrell or Maubbs, or just cheap out?  

Even with the game changing in regards cash cows and the bench/AE positions, it still feels like Centre is the position to go light on.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:04 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:

I too had D Walker and had him for majority of the year because I had other fires to put out. Then he'd score a 50 and id think hmmm.. I can keep him for another week and ofcourse he would let me down again. I had Aubbs but with him having mumps I've put in a fullback and made two cheapies in the centres and I think I will stick to that

I guess the lesson learnt is:

1. Don't spend money on a gun in the centres, or
    2. Make sure you spend money on the RIGHT gun in the centres.

And go!

MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:09 am

Tossing up between Jordan McLean and JBrom, McLean stepped it up last year and I think will go well at the Cows while JBrom had a below average season but we all know what he is capable of.
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:13 am

MrCashman wrote:Tossing up between Jordan McLean and JBrom, McLean stepped it up last year and I think will go well at the Cows while JBrom had a below average season but we all know what he is capable of.

I spent the extra few thousand and went RCG instead. Think he is in for a big year.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:16 am

MrCashman wrote:Tossing up between Jordan McLean and JBrom, McLean 'stepped it up last year and I think will go well at the Cows while JBrom had a below average season but we all know what he is capable of.

I honestly think both are a gut call. You can look at the stats but I can't help but feel that McLean will do well but I don't think I can justify taking him, and I was burnt by JBrom last year and watching him I just felt like he wasn't the same as old, will improve, but not enough for me to take him again.
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:22 am

Moose wrote:

I spent the extra few thousand and went RCG instead. Think he is in for a big year.

RCG will have a big year, rep player now and basically carries that forward pack as Tamou does SFA

You are on to something with him Cheers
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:23 am

mulvy wrote:

I honestly think both are a gut call. You can look at the stats but I can't help but feel that McLean will do well but I don't think I can justify taking him, and I was burnt by JBrom last year and watching him I just felt like he wasn't the same as old, will improve, but not enough for me to take him again.

I'm thinking the same with JBrom
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:29 am

Has anyone seen how much weigh Sam Kasiano has lost down at the Storm, dam he could play halfback the way he is going
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:31 am

MrCashman wrote:Has anyone seen how much weigh Sam Kasiano has lost down at the Storm, dam he could play halfback the way he is going

Pretty sure he did that last preseason too (his wedding I think?). He'll be fat again soon. Although different team who knows?
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:35 am

mulvy wrote:

Pretty sure he did that last preseason too (his wedding I think?). He'll be fat again soon. Although different team who knows?

I think this time it might stay off a bit longer though I don't think he will have any impact being that lite

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:35 pm