NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

Welshy
    Welshy

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3 - Page 22 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

Post by Welshy Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:46 pm

mulvy wrote:

I agree but he's cheap and all it takes for those extremes is a couple of big games and ride him to a gun, and the dpp is handy. That said he is currently out of my team, and given there should be several hookers to choose from the only appeal might be if I need cover in the halves. Hopefully Cartwright or Cleeland or a bolter is named and I don't have to.

If Watson stays in the 6 shirt I reckon he goes around the 35 average with potential to push 40 if he attacking threat running the ball translates into TBs
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3 - Page 22 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

Post by Mulvy Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:59 pm

Welshy wrote:

If Watson stays in the 6 shirt I reckon he goes around the 35 average with potential to push 40 if he attacking threat running the ball translates into TBs

I had him down for about 37-38, the latest planner suggests that Milchy thinks 36, and you're saying 35-40, sounds about right. But not only is his mid-rangedness an issue, like you say IF he stays in the 6 shirt. Due to his versatility, could easily end up back on the bench at some stage.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:03 am

I reckon if we're saying Watson will score 35-40 then imo starting L. Croker will just about match that score as I am expecting DCE & T-Trbo to concentrate on attacking teams & Croker will amass the kick metres with the odd attacking play.
    Just to add there was an article posted on sc addicts saying Barrett wants DCE to run the ball more this year.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:09 am

mulvy wrote:

I had him down for about 37-38, the latest planner suggests that Milchy thinks 36, and you're saying 35-40, sounds about right. But not only is his mid-rangedness an issue, like you say IF he stays in the 6 shirt. Due to his versatility, could easily end up back on the bench at some stage.

Priced at 27 so I'd take 35 all day long and the cash he will make

Just the versatility with a decent half waiting like Lamb is troubling me
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:11 am

White Lightning wrote:I reckon if we're saying Watson will score 35-40 then imo starting L. Croker will just about match that score as I am expecting DCE & T-Trbo to concentrate on attacking teams & Croker will amass the kick metres with the odd attacking play.
    Just to add there was an article posted on sc addicts saying Barrett wants DCE to run the ball more this year.

I will be starting Croker alongside someone like Watson/JRey/Croft and bulk up elsewhere even Carty if named to start
    I have no problem running cheaper halves because its a position where points come freely
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:11 am

Welshy wrote:

Priced at 27 so I'd take 35 all day long and the cash he will make

Just the versatility with a decent half waiting like Lamb is troubling me

Agreed. Value but risk.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:18 am

White Lightning wrote:I reckon if we're saying Watson will score 35-40 then imo starting L. Croker will just about match that score as I am expecting DCE & T-Trbo to concentrate on attacking teams & Croker will amass the kick metres with the odd attacking play.

Yep WL, like Welshy I will also be running Croker in my starting 13.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:56 am

Why not both? I mean surely you aren't running just two HLF's and while there are options, L. Croker starting is a must pick at basement price.

Then you have the likes of Croft, Reynolds, Watson. I mean there is merit in choosing just one of those guys and picking up a gun HALF. However as mentioned points in the HLFs are easy to come buy and it's easy to jump to a gun in a form slump.

I know you might have Cartwright, but his position is up in the air, so just having him as your only back up half planned at the moment seems silly.

BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:05 am

Righto, first team post for the year. Appreciate your thoughts peoples:

Macca
    Lodge; JBrom
    Brown; Elliot; Harris
    JRey; Croker
    BJ; Milne
    Ponga; Isaako; Nofo

NAS
    Watson
    Murray
    Arrow

Cartwright
    Latu
    Havilli / Garvey
    Kennar

The bit I don't like is only $11K in the bank. I'm banking on a few bounce backs too.
    OrganisedChaos

Post by OrganisedChaos Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:51 am

BroncHose sorry mate, but there are 3 players as it stands that I've picked my side around, Smith, LoLo, Teddy, you need at least 1 preferably 2 better still all 3.. all set and forgets as it stands, seeing enough sides without Teddy, look at the kids draw alone, do yourself a favour and get him in, I'm all for backing yourself but that side isn't going to make you smile to often.. far to many speculative picks.. BJ is a burn man on my never again list, but I do like the Raiders early season draw as well.. JRey needs to go, JBrom I'm not sure about, I like Alvaro from the Eels as a speculative bookend instead.. ive watched young Cam Murray come thru our Rabbitohs system and I rate that kid at least as highly as Crichton, picking him is a wise move, he will be our 13 before long and rotate thru the edges if need be.. good luck mate, a lot of water to go under the bridge before season proper..
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:54 am

BroncHose wrote:Righto, first team post for the year. Appreciate your thoughts peoples:

Macca
    Lodge; JBrom
    Brown; Elliot; Harris
    JRey; Croker
    BJ; Milne
    Ponga; Isaako; Nofo

NAS
    Watson
    Murray
    Arrow

Cartwright
    Latu
    Havilli / Garvey
    Kennar

The bit I don't like is only $11K in the bank. I'm banking on a few bounce backs too.

Who is your captain?
    Brown / Macca are a little down on some of the other options around
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:32 am

New team. Tried to get a gun/semigun in the 2rf.

Smith
    Eseese, Lodge
    McGuire, Murray, Arrow
    Croft, Croker
    Aubbs, Milne
    Teddy, Inglis, Ponga

Cook
    Garvey
    NAS
    RFM

Cartwright
    Issako
    Kennar
    Wright

What do you guys think. This exercise is good for the brain.

I'm also contemplating a backline of Mitchell, Ponga, Inglis as another experiment

RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:47 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:New team. Tried to get a gun/semigun in the 2rf.

Smith
    Eseese, Lodge
    McGuire, Murray, Arrow
    Croft, Croker
    Aubbs, Milne
    Teddy, Inglis, Ponga

Cook
    Garvey
    NAS
    RFM

Cartwright
    Issako
    Kennar
    Wright

What do you guys think. This exercise is good for the brain.

I'm also contemplating a backline of Mitchell, Ponga, Inglis as another experiment

Feels light especially if Ese'ese doesn't get a starting spot.
    What is with the McGuire love, is he likely to improve on last year?

The rest is about right.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:51 am

Random wrote:

Feels light especially if Ese'ese doesn't get a starting spot.
    What is with the McGuire love, is he likely to improve on last year?

The rest is about right.

Was all I could afford, Eseese can become Latu but im not overly convinced he will be useful, then McGuire becomes Brown I suppose
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:04 am

I was down on Kane Evans but he is very cheap. FRF looks like a bad position this year unless you gamble on a mid ranger jumping to gun status or Fifita/Graham/Bromwich returning to form. I will more than likely only have 3 in my 21. At this stage it's looking like Latu/Evans/Lodge
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:24 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Was all I could afford, Eseese can become Latu but im not overly convinced he will be useful, then McGuire becomes Brown I suppose

I would go Brown/Latu over McGuire/Ese'ese purely because you won't have to trade Brown out for first bye. The others you would be cashing out by then anyway.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:26 am

What is everyone's infatuation with Teddy ? Not saying he wont score well.but his average is playing in a dud side where he di all the fancy stuff. Sure he will get better ball in this side, but the attack is wider spread. If anything I see his average dropping.
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:26 am

I haven't changed my team much at all. I'm pretty happy with it but feel free to rip it to shreds

Smith
    Latu, Lodge
    Brown, Murray, Arrow
    Munster, Watson
    Aubbs, Milne
    Tedesco, Ponga, Hiku

Cook, Evans, Cartwright, RFM
    Garvey, Croker, Opacic, Kennar
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:42 am

No Worries wrote:What is everyone's infatuation with Teddy ? Not saying he wont score well.but his average is playing in a dud side where he di all the fancy stuff. Sure he will get better ball in this side, but the attack is wider spread. If anything I see his average dropping.

I think the theory is teddy in a dominate team will get plenty of opportunities for attacking stats to go along with his standard tbs. If you dont pick him and he pulls out a couple of monster scores you'll be playing catch up.

Flipside is if you dont pick him in theory you should have a stronger pack and if your cheaper wfb can jag a couple of tries early then you will be away laughing
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:53 am

No Worries wrote:What is everyone's infatuation with Teddy ? Not saying he wont score well.but his average is playing in a dud side where he di all the fancy stuff. Sure he will get better ball in this side, but the attack is wider spread. If anything I see his average dropping.
    TBs are TBs and he will still get plenty of them, will probably have more chance to run the ball back with plenty of space as well when the roosters pack pins teams deep often. He’s the best WFB in the game and a rare fantasy player who can get near the tonne. I’ve learnt my lessons not getting Ted in early and being conservative in the backs

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:47 am