NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    Official Wests Tigers 2018 The Contenders thread

    Share
    avatar
    Krump

    Posts : 3620
    Reputation : 1024
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Official Wests Tigers 2018 The Contenders thread

    Post by Krump on Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:44 pm

    @Pieman wrote:After the start to the year that they had, it would be such a shame if the tigers end up in the same position they always end up on - missing the 8 on points or there abouts
    Our fate is in our own hands at least. One of those teams on 24 points will give us a chance if were good enough to take it.
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 12570
    Reputation : 2930
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: Official Wests Tigers 2018 The Contenders thread

    Post by SI on Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:20 am

    The Stats from the game were as crazy as it gets:

    Possession 58%/42% in favour of the Rabbits-how often do you NOT see a reasonably square possession rate by fulltime, let alone that amount against the winning team.

    Penalties 12-6 against the Tigers. That is pretty much unheard of in any game, let alone going against the winners.

    Not to mention the record 5 HIA's (which started to tell in our structure towards the back end of the game).

    That was as good a win against the number 1 team as you will ever see in my book. If we've turned a corner we will beat the Dogs convincingly. If we don't, then it's the same old shit unfortunately.




    avatar
    MrCashman

    Posts : 455
    Reputation : 100
    Join date : 2017-02-13
    Location : Leichhardt Oval

    Re: Official Wests Tigers 2018 The Contenders thread

    Post by MrCashman on Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:55 am

    If we miss the 8 by 2 to 4 points we only have ourselves to blame, team went missing for 6 weeks or so

    avatar
    Krump

    Posts : 3620
    Reputation : 1024
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Official Wests Tigers 2018 The Contenders thread

    Post by Krump on Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:14 am

    @SI wrote:The Stats from the game were as crazy as it gets:

    Possession 58%/42% in favour of the Rabbits-how often do you NOT see a reasonably square possession rate by fulltime, let alone that amount against the winning team.

    Penalties 12-6 against the Tigers.  That is pretty much unheard of in any game, let alone going against the winners.

    Not to mention the record 5 HIA's (which started to tell in our structure towards the back end of the game).

    That was as good a win against the number 1 team as you will ever see in my book.  If we've turned a corner we will beat the Dogs convincingly.  If we don't, then it's the same old shit unfortunately.




    Has anyone told you that it's been decided that you're a mock and no longer welcome at Tigers games yet?
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 12570
    Reputation : 2930
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: Official Wests Tigers 2018 The Contenders thread

    Post by SI on Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:05 pm

    @Krump wrote:
    @SI wrote:The Stats from the game were as crazy as it gets:

    Possession 58%/42% in favour of the Rabbits-how often do you NOT see a reasonably square possession rate by fulltime, let alone that amount against the winning team.

    Penalties 12-6 against the Tigers.  That is pretty much unheard of in any game, let alone going against the winners.

    Not to mention the record 5 HIA's (which started to tell in our structure towards the back end of the game).

    That was as good a win against the number 1 team as you will ever see in my book.  If we've turned a corner we will beat the Dogs convincingly.  If we don't, then it's the same old shit unfortunately.




    Has anyone told you that it's been decided that you're a mock and no longer welcome at Tigers games yet?
    I think someone just did!

    Ice

    Posts : 1289
    Reputation : 103
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: Official Wests Tigers 2018 The Contenders thread

    Post by Ice on Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:40 am

    Same old shit evidently. Season over.
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 12570
    Reputation : 2930
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: Official Wests Tigers 2018 The Contenders thread

    Post by SI on Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:22 pm

    @Ice wrote:Same old shit evidently. Season over.

    Yep. Not much else to say really.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2884
    Reputation : 299
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Official Wests Tigers 2018 The Contenders thread

    Post by Pieman on Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:54 pm

    yep. same old shit.
    Was hard to watch, had a fair bit riding on that game too as the last leg of a multi.

    They played about as bad as any team has played in the last few years last night.
    They were fucking dreadful. So sad considering they were playing for a change to play in the finals and the dogs were playing for nothing.
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 5059
    Reputation : 2069
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Official Wests Tigers 2018 The Contenders thread

    Post by No Worries on Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:01 pm

    The Matulino hit the only highlight.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2884
    Reputation : 299
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Official Wests Tigers 2018 The Contenders thread

    Post by Pieman on Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:05 pm

    That was just about the hit of the year... such a brilliant shot

    leaguegod

    Posts : 1080
    Reputation : 125
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: Official Wests Tigers 2018 The Contenders thread

    Post by leaguegod on Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:50 pm

    The hit kind of showed the lack on intensity of squad imo, usually a hit like that fires up the whole team but it felt like the other 12 tigers players didn’t even know it hppened
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 5059
    Reputation : 2069
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Official Wests Tigers 2018 The Contenders thread

    Post by No Worries on Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:49 pm

    Everything is awesone. Everything is cool when you're part of a team
    avatar
    Krump

    Posts : 3620
    Reputation : 1024
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Official Wests Tigers 2018 The Contenders thread

    Post by Krump on Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:17 am

    Come on the mighty Red V!
    avatar
    MrCashman

    Posts : 455
    Reputation : 100
    Join date : 2017-02-13
    Location : Leichhardt Oval

    Re: Official Wests Tigers 2018 The Contenders thread

    Post by MrCashman on Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:34 am

    Never rely on The Dragons, they choke this time every year
    avatar
    bluetige

    Posts : 1957
    Reputation : 636
    Join date : 2015-12-13

    Re: Official Wests Tigers 2018 The Contenders thread

    Post by bluetige on Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:16 am

    @MrCashman wrote:Never rely on The Dragons, they choke this time every year

    Well said Cashy, Tigers well on their way to their customary 9th position.
    avatar
    MrCashman

    Posts : 455
    Reputation : 100
    Join date : 2017-02-13
    Location : Leichhardt Oval

    Re: Official Wests Tigers 2018 The Contenders thread

    Post by MrCashman on Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:25 pm

    @bluetige wrote:

    Well said Cashy, Tigers well on their way to their customary 9th position.

    I honestly think if we did make the 8 we would give a few teams a shake, problem is we won't get there lol

    Still think the toothless Rabbitohs will be mighty hard to beat and it fkn hurts me saying that, don't want the Rorters winning it either or the $torm, Broncos, Sharks, Dragons and Warriors so I'm hoping Penrith so Cleary is cherry ripe when he arrives with us )
    avatar
    bluetige

    Posts : 1957
    Reputation : 636
    Join date : 2015-12-13

    Re: Official Wests Tigers 2018 The Contenders thread

    Post by bluetige on Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:14 am

    Big chance the attempted hijacking of our coach will derail our season. Already fighting for a semi finals position the Panthers have just put the first nail in our coffin for the year, thanks Gus you f**kwit.

    I have 2 views on the Panthers now, one, they can rot in hell and lose every match from now on, or they can win the Premiership in hope they keep Ciraldo as head coach from now on and forget about Cleary.

    Clubs may have until 2020 to get under the "football dept salary cap" but it hasn't stopped the Panthers from spending willy-nilly yet. Maybe Gus needs to be reminded there is a cap.

    Anyway, I would like to see Uncle Harry come to the party and up the offer to Ivan and poach Nathan from under the Panthers noses. It probably won't happen like that but I can dream.
    avatar
    Shanbon

    Posts : 2166
    Reputation : 263
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: Official Wests Tigers 2018 The Contenders thread

    Post by Shanbon on Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:35 am

    I can’t believe the NRL doesn’t have an anti tampering law, must be the only sport in the world you can approach a coach to entice him to break the contract. The NRL needs to follow the US lead and enforce a strong end of season deadlines and have a mid season trade window

    I’d love to see the Tigers make him sit out 2 years if he requests a release.
    avatar
    Krump

    Posts : 3620
    Reputation : 1024
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Official Wests Tigers 2018 The Contenders thread

    Post by Krump on Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:45 am

    @Shanbon wrote:I can’t believe the NRL doesn’t have an anti tampering law, must be the only sport in the world you can approach a coach to entice him to break the contract. The NRL needs to follow the US lead and enforce a strong end of season deadlines and have a mid season trade window

    I’d love to see the Tigers make him sit out 2 years if he requests a release.
    Well said.
    I felt the same way about sitting him out but realistically it may be the best thing for the game long term but it's not the best for the club short term.

    leaguegod

    Posts : 1080
    Reputation : 125
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: Official Wests Tigers 2018 The Contenders thread

    Post by leaguegod on Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:34 pm

    tigers have got to look after themselves rather taking a stance like that, should look at a huge compensation amount

    i'm not sure how it works with penrith football dept cap but it should be counted

    That would mean

    griffin pay out
    Cleary wage
    Cleary compo

    defs gonna be paying that extra 37% on a truck load


    from where i sit, the tigers have all the cards when it comes to compensation negotiations. i think they'll take penny to the cleaners cash wise atleast


    as for derailing the tigers season, maybe their form drops off, maybe it doesn't, but they had already played themself out of the finals

      Current date/time is Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:00 am