NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1 - Page 32 Empty Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:36 pm

Concussed wrote:

So what does it leave us as POD options then? It’s going to take a roll of the dice to catch them by the looks eh...

It’s really early days, I probably care across too pessimistic! It only takes a bit of luck to get a 100 point swing (last week a good example). Taupau isn’t owned by first, Fifita by second. Having both of them could be gold. Gutherson at C could b a good POD. The. Perhaps the likes of Mannering, Gallen, Chrichton and Surgess could all put up numbers and therefore be Great PODs . That being said, At this point though it’s so early that just playing the best game u can, without worrying about what everyone else has is probably still the best strategy!
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1 - Page 32 Empty Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Post by Jele Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:46 pm

Concussed wrote:How we travelling team? 680 with only 3 to play, quite down on the last few weeks scores, and with the two games on Wednesday and only 3 to go this whole round is feeling a little weird.

Hopefully everyone else is scoring great and have avoided any carnage to your teams

711 with Fifita, Arrow, JT and Cartwright to go.

Too early to be worried about PODs - just pick the team/players you think are going to score best. We're only 8 rounds in, which means another 18 rounds worth of injuries, suspensions, unexpected origin call-ups, inspired captaincy picks, and bye pickups. Let alone running out of trades when a gun goes down with a couple of rounds to play.

RnT - jealous of your Taupau pick-up.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:27 pm

jelejasof wrote:

711 with Fifita, Arrow, JT and Cartwright to go.

Too early to be worried about PODs - just pick the team/players you think are going to score best.   We're only 8 rounds in, which means another 18 rounds worth of injuries, suspensions, unexpected origin call-ups, inspired captaincy picks, and bye pickups.  Let alone running out of trades when a gun goes down with a couple of rounds to play.  

RnT - jealous of your Taupau pick-up.

711 with 4 to play should be nice, especially if JT fires.

I've had Taupau all season. He's been about average until this week where he basically shifted his season average from 50 to 55 in one go. So in one week he went from average to pretty good Wink

Good luck for tonight games lads!
    Concussed
    Concussed

Post by Concussed Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:50 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

711 with 4 to play should be nice, especially if JT fires.

I've had Taupau all season. He's been about average until this week where he basically shifted his season average from 50 to 55 in one go. So in one week he went from average to pretty good Wink

Good luck for tonight games lads!

867 all done for me....bit of a rocks and diamonds week, so hoping for a more stable 900+ next week
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:48 am

Was out yesterday and missed the game I gather ET didnt start ? ended up getting Adam Doueihi,s 10
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:00 am

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:Was out yesterday and missed the game I gather ET didnt start ? ended up getting Adam Doueihi,s 10

ET was ruled out on Saturday.

This is where Fantasy's ranked subs is such an improvement.

I forgot about Tohu Harris in this comp so I'm copping Doueihi's score as well.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:06 am

Concussed wrote:

867 all done for me....bit of a rocks and diamonds week, so hoping for a more stable 900+ next week

914 for me mate. Interested to how many big scores there are this week. A few people would have taken the punt on Rein so perhaps some big scores from outside of the top 5?

Interestingly 2nd swapped Havili for Rein, Seemed like a Master stroke but then Havili outscored him lol.

Trades getting tougher and tougher to decide on now!
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:12 am

Milchcow wrote:

ET was ruled out on Saturday.

This is where Fantasy's ranked subs is such an improvement.

I forgot about Tohu Harris in this comp so I'm copping Doueihi's score as well.

Cheers mate I have been busy with visitors so missed nearly all games this weekend but thats ok.
    Concussed
    Concussed

Post by Concussed Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:04 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

914 for me mate. Interested to how many big scores there are this week. A few people would have taken the punt on Rein so perhaps some big scores from outside of the top 5?

Interestingly 2nd swapped Havili for Rein, Seemed like a Master stroke but then Havili outscored him lol.

Trades getting tougher and tougher to decide on now!

Yeah you will jump me by about 40 points eh? Will be very interesting to see who makes up some huge ground having Rein or Havili etc...

Do you have $ in the bank? You got any trades penciled in for this week yet? More players injured and a group to come back, will certainly shake things up
    TheWeapon
    TheWeapon

Post by TheWeapon Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:30 am

929 for me this round, my team finally starting to turn around and move up the rankings! Equal top score in L1....of course with the team I was against in my matchup!!!!

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:58 am

Concussed wrote:

Yeah you will jump me by about 40 points eh? Will be very interesting to see who makes up some huge ground having Rein or Havili etc...

Do you have $ in the bank? You got any trades penciled in for this week yet? More players injured and a group to come back, will certainly shake things up

Yeah, it's opened now and Im in 4th and 39 ahead of you.

Big mover was 2nd with 975 - now he's in first by 3 points.

Outside of that the guy who is now in 9th scored 991, 13th 974, and that's about all above 950 that are relevant I reckon.

I've got ~$100k and no clue about trades this week.

I have guys like Maloney Doueihi & Isaako that have probably peaked in price; Gosiewski and Croker with injuries; and Merrin taking up too much cap space. So I could do a whole heap of stuff based on that. I just need to do some analysis on who's out there to buy.

How bout you? Anyone you are looking at brining in?

@TheWeapon I saw your score there mate - nice work!
    TheWeapon
    TheWeapon

Post by TheWeapon Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:17 pm

Cheers mate! Plus I have 415k in the bank and am ready to spend up! haha! Pretty happy with my team at the moment though:

Cook (Rein)
    Fifita Taupau (JFH, Kikau)
    Arrow, J Turbo, Murray (RFM)
    DCE, Jacks
    Mitchell, Ferguson
    Tedesco, Ponga, Mbye

Could go Issako to Matterson....Jacks or Maloney...or Mbye to SJ...so many options

Only problem is my first few rounds were injury riddled disasters and I'm waaaay behind!
    Concussed
    Concussed

Post by Concussed Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:19 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Yeah, it's opened now and Im in 4th and 39 ahead of you.

Big mover was 2nd with 975 - now he's in first by 3 points.

Outside of that the guy who is now in 9th scored 991, 13th 974, and that's about all above 950 that are relevant I reckon.

I've got ~$100k and no clue about trades this week.

I have guys like Maloney Doueihi & Isaako that have probably peaked in price; Gosiewski and Croker with injuries; and Merrin taking up too much cap space. So I could do a whole heap of stuff based on that. I just need to do some analysis on who's out there to buy.

How bout you? Anyone you are looking at brining in?

@TheWeapon I saw your score there mate - nice work!

Awesome work &TheWeapon! Where does that put you now overall?

I have the same guys peaking in Maloney and Isaako who have to go really... even before last round I had Maloney to Johnson as this weeks trade, so if he is named I think I will stick with that. Burgess being out makes him a no-go, and just can’t see anyone REALLY jumping out saying “pick me”...

Croker can wait until someone pops up in the halves, not like he will lose anymore cash
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:57 pm

Rank change of 1, F*ck yeah.

Was going to bring in connor watson for dufty but watson sure likes a missed tackle...
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:02 pm

Break evens

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1 - Page 32 KLq8XhI
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:02 pm

Guys, apart from the obvious low BE players, have a look at 2 that I'm thinking of, Shaun Lane and Christian Welsh. Maybe Shaun Lane will take over the 80 min 2nd row spot replacing Gosiewski while he's injured and Christian Welsh looks like he might play more minutes now with the injuries to Bromwich, Glasby, and maybe Finucane is out one more week. We'll know more after TLT tomorrow.
    Neither of these 2 are keepers, but both could make some serious coin in the next few weeks.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue May 01, 2018 7:48 am

Pacey's Best wrote:Guys, apart from the obvious low BE players, have a look at 2 that I'm thinking of, Shaun Lane and Christian Welsh. Maybe Shaun Lane will take over the 80 min 2nd row spot replacing Gosiewski while he's injured and Christian Welsh looks like he might play more minutes now with the injuries to Bromwich, Glasby, and maybe Finucane is out one more week. We'll know more after TLT tomorrow.
    Neither of these 2 are keepers, but both could make some serious coin in the next few weeks.

Hi Pacey, thanks for the tips mate. Lane in particular I reckon if he gets that starting edge spot. Big boy who can run through gaps, could score well and plays 13.

Cause I've burned through so many trades Im not sure either works for me though. Im feeling like the players I trade in have to fit into one of the following categories:
    1) value keeper
    2) <200 cash out that will play one of the bye rounds (preferably 13) and hopefully one or two of those will make some good coin on their way to round 13 (Sorenson maybe?)

I think others, who have saved some trades can afford to take a punt on someone like Lane

I'd potentially chuck TPJ into the mix of cash making guys who are worthy of a starting spot in the 17 too. If the kid continues to get ~50 minutes he looks like a ppm type player to me. But again, I can't afford to take the punt on him, particularly seeing as he doesn't play 13. Others could use him as a 17th man who will make you some coin in the meantime if you believe he will ave 45-50.

Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Tue May 01, 2018 9:47 am

Up 3 spots to 21st with an even 900.

Agree Welsh and Lane look good, as does TPJ. My problem is the absence of obvious trade out candidates in the forwards. I am not keen to let Kikau, Murray, RFM or Griffin go yet, so neither Lane, Welsh nor TPJ represent a decent cash grab or a big improvement in points for me...

Will be looking for bottom priced cash cows this round to kick start some more cash generation. Croker, Carty and Isaako on the chopping block.
    quicksand
    quicksand

Post by quicksand Tue May 01, 2018 10:48 am

Only 1 trade for me this week - Gosiewski to Sorensen for only $177k and a B/E -63 he will make some serious cash !!
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue May 01, 2018 11:25 am

quicksand wrote:Only 1 trade for me this week - Gosiewski to Sorensen for only $177k and a B/E -63 he will make some serious cash !!

Yeah, he's likely on my trade list this week too. Ideally I'd like to see him have a role through to round 13 but looking likely at best he just gets minutes while Lewis and Gallen are out which might just be 2 more weeks right?

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:05 pm