NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1 - Page 17 Empty Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Post by StuDogg101 Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:39 pm

Right so I'm thinking Cartwright to RTS and Merrin to Murray... I think the first one is a lock but I'm so unsure about trading Merrin.

Edit: Might actually go Nicholls/Merrin to RTS/Murray. Carty's BE is only 8 whereas Nicholls has peaked/chumped out
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1 - Page 17 Empty Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:25 pm

I don't see Carty as an urgent trade, in fact, unless he makes money, I see him likely sitting in my team for a while, perhaps even the season.

Nicholls is an obvious trade out for most given the amount of money to be made with other players in the forwards. I think, unless you have other big issues to deal with, trading Nicholls out is a priority because I don't think you'll be able to afford to lag too far behind in the money making stakes.

Merrin is a wait and see for me, and thankfully he's due to play on Thursday. If he is out, then I'll trade him.

Murray will basically be in all serious players teams I reckon by this round - gotta have him.

Im resisting messing with my back three for now. Its a bit of a lottery. I agree RTS looks really good, but I still believe if the Warriors revert to old form, his scores will drop by 10 points or so on average. That being said, in this comp I think most people have 3 guns in the back right now, so if you are one short then RTS would be the guy to pick up IMO.

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:28 pm

code delta wrote:

Halves weak this round. Played SJ (20) and Cody Walker (41).
    Teddy is a worry.

Nice! I was just wondering how you managed to score so highly given most halves were rubbish last week. But I see you have a few good POD scorers in there, notably Fergusson. Whats your plan this round?
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:29 pm

jelejasof wrote:

Agree Murray is a must have. I'll be trading Merrin or Whitehead out to get him probably.  Nicholls is the obvious one to go from your lineup.  But given you need about $230k, cant see how you can do it without downgrading a gun (or semi-gun).  Its a shame you don't have a couple more weeks to allow some of those 2RF/FRF cows to mature.

Thanks mate, good to feel like Im on the right track. Looks like it'll be Merrin or JDB to get the boot. Merlin's injury status will determine that I think.

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:36 am

Anyone up for a conversation on the C position? Im trying to look ahead to alternatives to Doueihi should he get benched - won't actually pull the trigger for a couple weeks though.

But C is a really tough one this year. Last year we had the likes of Ma'u, Crichton, and Aubs who were, to some extent, set and forgets. But this year you really do have to take a punt on attacking stats huh!

I've started making a lit of the guys Im gonna consider - some of them are value based, others just trying to seek out the best scorer:
    C Scott (price is tumbling and you'd think he'll improve)
    Cotric (I just think the guy is a rally good player and tends to translate that to fantasy points)
    GI (value?)

They are probably the three that stand out to me. Then I guess you have to throw in to the mix: Ferguson, Mitchel, Aitken, and perhaps just start Issako and not spend any more money and wait and see if someone else comes along?

Thoughts?

code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:08 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Nice! I was just wondering how you managed to score so highly given most halves were rubbish last week. But I see you have a few good POD scorers in there, notably Fergusson.  Whats your plan this round?

Always like to wait for TLT, but Nicholls and Manu probably go. Not making enough money.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:37 am

I'm running Matterson and Inglis as CTR for the moment, with Isaako and Lomax on the bench. Might bring in Doueihi

Otherwise not going to bother chopping and changing the flavour of the week.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:10 am

Milchcow wrote:
    I'm running Matterson and Inglis as CTR for the moment, with Isaako and Lomax on the bench. Might bring in Doueihi

I like this pairing, I want Matterson but have opted to wait a week as other trades take preference, GI did a bit off the ball last weekend and I dont think he is to far off an explosive play so on that I will be running with a pairing of AD and GI this week.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:36 am

I want to trade Nicholls - Arrow
    But Nicholls trapped in FRF with noone to swap with.

If I want Arrow it really has to be for Merrin, which I am not sure is worth it.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:09 am

Milchcow wrote:

Yup, 100% agree with this. One of my biggest takeaways from my first season.

The reason for my post was thinking 2 or so rounds ahead. Perhaps when Im forced to trade out Doueihi.

I'm running with Matterson and Doueihi this week. Im going with the later cause I think his floor is higher than GIs who I also a have.

As it happens TLT threw up Will Matthews as a C/2RF DPP player. I know his position might not be very solid, but otherwise he'd be worth keeping an eye on I guess.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:57 am

Milchcow wrote:
    I want to trade Nicholls - Arrow
    But Nicholls trapped in FRF with noone to swap with.

If I want Arrow it really has to be for Merrin, which I am not sure is worth it.

Yeah, TLT was music to my ears today. I've had Arrow from the beginning and he's gone well, but I had always hoped he'd get the starting lock spot and probably up his average by 5 points or so.

TLT and rumours of a rib injury have me a little uncertain as to what to do this week with Merrin. I was more than happy to have him in my team given his scores so far, but the injury talk and his lack of minutes last week (which you'd imagine are related) have me questioning who I should get rid of for Murray: JDB or Merrin? Neither ideal, but it has to be one...
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:52 am

Top 3 Leagues if it hasnt been mentioned, 4 in the Top 10, great work guys and girls.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:34 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:Top 3 Leagues if it hasnt been mentioned, 4 in the Top 10, great work guys and girls.

Is the 3rd league actually ours? I know it has fanatics in the title, but is anyone from this site actually in it
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:57 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Is the 3rd league actually ours? I know it has fanatics in the title, but is anyone from this site actually in it

I am, and it was from someone on here...just can't remember who
    Trajan
    Trajan

Post by Trajan Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:16 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:

I am, and it was from someone on here...just can't remember who

I made that team up and put fanatics in the title in the hope that I could fill the league up

with players that cared and would go the distance. So far so good guys.
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:22 am

Bryce gets one more week, nicholls to rochow and merrin murray. Hopefully I can keep on with the rise through the ranks.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:20 am

In this format we can afford to sit on Bryce to see what happens.
    Gone Manu > Doueihi and Nicholls > Rochcow.

First is a bit counter-intuitive. doughy might find a place on the bench to see further increases in price after this week. It also gives me the finances to get a starter in for bad original choice Nicholls.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:42 am

Yeah I agree, Carty will sit in my team for at least another week.

Doueihi, I think is a good move, he'll make 100k Id say minimum, but his upside is pretty significant and you would struggle in this comp if you missed it...

Nicholls to Rochow I like too as Rochow makes another $150k I reckon.

Im gonna play Merrin tonight, and Kikau, and pull the trigger on JDB to Murray and Nicholls to Rochow tomorrow.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:54 am

It's Kikau starting to become a genuine gun? If he starts and plays 60+ he's gonna rack up a decent average I reckon.

I've been watching him pretty closely tonight. D looks good, has hit Tolo a number of times.

Is gonna rack up attacking stats every game he plays by the looks.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:15 pm

I'm up against Badbetter. poor bastard has played JT and benched Kikau. Still going to be close though.

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 12:27 pm