NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Share
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 11861
    Reputation : 2333
    Join date : 2015-09-17
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Welshy on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:18 am

    @Mighty Fishes wrote:Can I say that Foran will be a rubbish signing for the doggies!

    Every time he switched clubs I see that he headlines the clickbait sites "biggest signings for your club"

    I saw it for the eels he did fuck all I saw it for the warriors he did even less. I really can't see the love affair for him. Even when he was at Manly I always thought that DCE was the superior player I just don't get it.

    WOW!!

    Mate i love you and your contributions but this is a hell of a statement!

    Foran is incredible, injuries have bad the best of him lately and a sometimes his head isn't in the right place but he is an immense talent, one of the best 6s i have seen play no doubt


    Last edited by Welshy on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 3191
    Reputation : 798
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by mulvy on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:18 am

    @Mighty Fishes wrote:Can I say that Foran will be a rubbish signing for the doggies!

    Every time he switched clubs I see that he headlines the clickbait sites "biggest signings for your club"

    I saw it for the eels he did fuck all I saw it for the warriors he did even less. I really can't see the love affair for him. Even when he was at Manly I always thought that DCE was the superior player I just don't get it.

    Haha, couldn't agree more, and I was just looking at a SC site that described him as "just don't". Was signed before Pay had any say IIRC
    avatar
    Goodnight Kiwi

    Posts : 98
    Reputation : 50
    Join date : 2018-01-10
    Age : 31
    Location : Kiwi in London

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Goodnight Kiwi on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:22 am

    If Fatality-Mariner is named to start Round 1, he goes in my team. At 389 I'm happy to take the risk he keeps his spot (if no injuries to 2RFs for the Dogs at the time).
    avatar
    mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 3191
    Reputation : 798
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by mulvy on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:24 am

    @Goodnight Kiwi wrote:If Fatality-Mariner is named to start Round 1, he goes in my team. At 389 I'm happy to take the risk he keeps his spot (if no injuries to 2RFs for the Dogs at the time).

    avatar
    mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 3191
    Reputation : 798
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by mulvy on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:26 am

    Can't help but feel there's gonna be a party tonight and I have nothing prepared!
    avatar
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 5098
    Reputation : 1495
    Join date : 2015-08-01
    Age : 29

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:29 am

    @Welshy wrote:

    WOW!!

    Mate i love you and your contributions but this is a hell of a statement!

    Foran is incredible, injuries have bad the best of him lately and a sometimes his head isn't in the right place but he is an immense talent, one of the best 6s i have seen play no doubt

    I know its hard to judge a/any player with the mental anguish he has gone through but in the last three years I don't remember once thinking to myself. "Wow Foran had a cracker of a game"

    To be honest Welshy I hope he proves me wrong but I think the dogs and their fans will put too much pressure on him to perform and it'll mount up again
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 11861
    Reputation : 2333
    Join date : 2015-09-17
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Welshy on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:35 am

    @Mighty Fishes wrote:

    I know its hard to judge a/any player with the mental anguish he has gone through but in the last three years I don't remember once thinking to myself. "Wow Foran had a cracker of a game"

    To be honest Welshy I hope he proves me wrong but I think the dogs and their fans will put too much pressure on him to perform and it'll mount up again

    Problem with Foran is last few years he has had injuries and off field issues, kid is still only 27 and been playing full time in the NRL since he was 18, minus the last 2 years that's almost 7 years where he was one of the best 6s in the game, funny the latest issues can mask just how good he is, he has everything.
    avatar
    rhinoceroo

    Posts : 2530
    Reputation : 579
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by rhinoceroo on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:41 am

    Couple of players I think are undervalued but haven't been discussed:

    Cooper Cronk (plenty of attacking stats on offer at the Roosters, no reason he doesn't replicate/better Pearce's scoring, plus points for forced drop-outs and no SOO)

    Elliott Whitehead (about five points underpriced from 2017 2RF average, and ten points under 2016 average, due to a couple of games in centres last year
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 11861
    Reputation : 2333
    Join date : 2015-09-17
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Welshy on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:42 am

    @rhinoceroo wrote:Couple of players I think are undervalued but haven't been discussed:

    Cooper Cronk (plenty of attacking stats on offer at the Roosters, no reason he doesn't replicate/better Pearce's scoring, plus points for forced drop-outs and no SOO)

    Elliott Whitehead (about five points underpriced from 2017 2RF average, and ten points under 2016 average, due to a couple of games in centres last year

    Whitehead In Love In Love
    avatar
    mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 3191
    Reputation : 798
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by mulvy on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:44 am

    @rhinoceroo wrote:Couple of players I think are undervalued but haven't been discussed:

    Cooper Cronk (plenty of attacking stats on offer at the Roosters, no reason he doesn't replicate/better Pearce's scoring, plus points for forced drop-outs and no SOO)

    Elliott Whitehead (about five points underpriced from 2017 2RF average, and ten points under 2016 average, due to a couple of games in centres last year

    I mentioned him about 25 pages ago but got crickets. I'm not convinced he gets back to 50 but certainly undervalued I think.
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 11861
    Reputation : 2333
    Join date : 2015-09-17
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Welshy on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:53 am

    @rhinoceroo wrote:Couple of players I think are undervalued but haven't been discussed:

    Cooper Cronk (plenty of attacking stats on offer at the Roosters, no reason he doesn't replicate/better Pearce's scoring, plus points for forced drop-outs and no SOO)

    Elliott Whitehead (about five points underpriced from 2017 2RF average, and ten points under 2016 average, due to a couple of games in centres last year

    @mulvy wrote:

    I mentioned him about 25 pages ago but got crickets. I'm not convinced he gets back to 50 but certainly undervalued I think.

    averaged 6 tackles a game less, last year

    i think you can expect 45 over the season without too much trouble, whether he gets back to 50 will be the cruz
    avatar
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 5098
    Reputation : 1495
    Join date : 2015-08-01
    Age : 29

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:54 am

    @Welshy wrote:

    Problem with Foran is last few years he has had injuries and off field issues, kid is still only 27 and been playing full time in the NRL since he was 18, minus the last 2 years that's almost 7 years where he was one of the best 6s in the game, funny the latest issues can mask just how good he is, he has everything.  


    Well for the games sake and his own sake I hope he can get back to this level! It would be a great testament to his character if he can turn it all around. Also I didn't realise he was younger than me I always hate seeing players younger than me as it makes me wonder what I didn't with my life.

    Like that bloody 15 year old tennis player.. Show off..
    avatar
    mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 3191
    Reputation : 798
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by mulvy on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:55 am



    Raymond Fatality Mariner

    2017 avg: 26.6
    2016 avg: 24.9
    2015 avg: 34.2

    Minutes:
    2017: 37.2
    2016: 31.5
    2015: 54.4

    3 years  starting 2nd row, 13 games, avg 38.6
    3 years starting 2nd row, 50+ minutes, 9 games, avg 41.2

    Priced at 26.6 which is that awkward price Sironen was at last year if IIRC and everyone didn't want to take but took him anyway. But RFM is no Sironen and plenty of value there if he can hold down a starting gig.

    avatar
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 5098
    Reputation : 1495
    Join date : 2015-08-01
    Age : 29

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:56 am

    It seems Raiders will be on the back foot more this year compared to the last couple so maybe they'll be defending more and Whitehead can pick up more tackles. Also his average would be down a touch from those games at centre and 5/8 wouldn't they?
    avatar
    mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 3191
    Reputation : 798
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by mulvy on Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:03 am

    @Mighty Fishes wrote:It seems Raiders will be on the back foot more this year compared to the last couple so maybe they'll be defending more and Whitehead can pick up more tackles. Also his average would be down a touch from those games at centre and 5/8 wouldn't they?

    I could be mistaken, but I can't help but feel opposition sides always went down the other side last year, whether to exploit the the new guy Cotric, Whitehead when he was there, coming back from injury Crocker or just trying to avoid the Leipanahead. Maybe the first season was Whitehead's aberrant one? So those reduced tackles will be the norm?
    avatar
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 5098
    Reputation : 1495
    Join date : 2015-08-01
    Age : 29

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:06 am

    @mulvy wrote:

    I could be mistaken, but I can't help but feel opposition sides always went down the other side last year, whether to exploit the the new guy Cotric, Whitehead when he was there, coming back from injury Crocker or just trying to avoid the Leipanahead. Maybe the first season was Whitehead's aberrant one? So those reduced tackles will be the norm?

    In the world cup he made a shit load of tackles and defended more in the middle Sticky would be crazy not to have Whitehead replicate that
    avatar
    mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 3191
    Reputation : 798
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by mulvy on Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:17 am

    @Mighty Fishes wrote:It seems Raiders will be on the back foot more this year compared to the last couple so maybe they'll be defending more and Whitehead can pick up more tackles. Also his average would be down a touch from those games at centre and 5/8 wouldn't they?

    Actually I can't tell from Milchy's sheets which positions he played when. There were several games when he missed 5,6,7 tackles. Playing out of position will do that. From memory he played centre the first three or four games but after that I can't recall.
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 11861
    Reputation : 2333
    Join date : 2015-09-17
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Welshy on Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:26 am

    @mulvy wrote:

    Actually I can't tell from Milchy's sheets which positions he played when. There were several games when he missed 5,6,7 tackles. Playing out of position will do that. From memory he played centre the first three or four games but after that I can't recall.

    Whitehead is a quality defender, suffers from sometimes trying to make 2/3 in a row and falling off the last one

    Can never fault his effort, great player
    avatar
    mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 3191
    Reputation : 798
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by mulvy on Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:30 am

    @Welshy wrote:

    Whitehead is a quality defender, suffers from sometimes trying to make 2/3 in a row and falling off the last one

    Can never fault his effort, great player

    Agree mate, just talking fantasy. With only two season averages of 52 and 41, just trying to figure out which one is likely for 2018!
    avatar
    rhinoceroo

    Posts : 2530
    Reputation : 579
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by rhinoceroo on Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:33 am

    The first two games of the season Whitehead played centre and scored 18 and 2. Can't remember if he was shifted to centre or 5/8th over rest of season but those two games alone knocked a few points off his season average and 2018 price.

    I suppose the main worry is the prospect of him going to centre again if BJ or Croker are out. What's the Raiders 3/4 depth like this year?

      Current date/time is Tue May 22, 2018 12:25 pm