NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Share
    avatar
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 5098
    Reputation : 1495
    Join date : 2015-08-01
    Age : 29

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:11 pm

    @Welshy wrote:some news from over here

    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/toronto-wolfpack-rocked-exits-fuifui-11870961

    coal train already on way back home


    I was amazed he was allowed to go in the first place with his previous drug indiscretions
    avatar
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 5098
    Reputation : 1495
    Join date : 2015-08-01
    Age : 29

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:13 pm

    @Welshy wrote:any more requests for player profiles

    Josh Papalii
    Bunty Afoa
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 11861
    Reputation : 2333
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Welshy on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:17 pm

    @Mighty Fishes wrote:

    Josh Papalii
    Bunty Afoa

    I'll get on both now mate
    avatar
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 5098
    Reputation : 1495
    Join date : 2015-08-01
    Age : 29

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:21 pm

    @Welshy wrote:

    I'll get on both now mate

    Champion!

    Its 18 days into January and you have my vote for poster of the year already!
    avatar
    mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 3191
    Reputation : 798
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by mulvy on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:23 pm

    @Mighty Fishes wrote:

    Champion!

    Its 18 days into January and you have my vote for poster of the year already!

    Seconded!
    avatar
    Pookus McFly

    Posts : 1726
    Reputation : 739
    Join date : 2016-01-18

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Pookus McFly on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:25 pm

    @Mighty Fishes wrote:

    Champion!

    Its 18 days into January and you have my vote for poster of the year already!

    True, but we are yet to make it to our first page 51 party, which really is Chewie's moment to shine! Competition is heating up!
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 11612
    Reputation : 2505
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by SI on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:42 pm

    Need to step up your game if you want to go B2B Poster of the Year Wolfie!
    avatar
    wolfking

    Posts : 8126
    Reputation : 1375
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 33
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by wolfking on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:45 pm

    @SI wrote:Need to step up your game if you want to go B2B Poster of the Year Wolfie!

    I think I'll conceed defeat now. Beer

    These player profiles are wonderful.
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 11861
    Reputation : 2333
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Welshy on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:03 pm

    Welshys Player Profiles




    Player: Josh Papalii
    Club: Canberra Raiders
    Position: FRF/2RF
    Cost: $726,000
    2015 average: 45
    2016 average: 44
    2017 average: 50 (49.6)
    2017 minutes average: 79
    Handsomeness rating: 2/5 Mitch Aubbussons

    After playing 20 rounds last year sandwiched between origin and suspension and every time starting in the 2RF Big Papa has somehow found himself with a dual position in the FRF/2RF. Nice. Papalii suffered a major real life and fantasy form dip after origin 1, more on that in the adjusted averages below. Papalii doesn’t get huge tackle numbers, especially for someone who constantly plays 80 minutes (great effort for an always early season fat cunt) like Merrin. So he relies on big RM and more of the attacking element of the game like TBs and he does have a nose for the tryline.

    Starting 2RF points average: 49.6 (20 game 5 tries)
    2017 average R1-R12: 58.7 (10 games, 3 tries)
    2017 average R13-R26: 40.5 (10 games, 2 tries)

    Wrap up
    Papaliis scores after R12 dropped into the abyss along with the Raiders finals hopes, an 18 point drop off for the same amount of games played, without a glut of extra tries is to point at as the main reason, the fantasy gods must of stepped in to drop his season average to something closer to what we are more accustomed to seeing! If the Raiders can get back to the more attacking side we seen in 2016 Papalii may be able to replicate his amazing early season 2017 average, Papalii will be a decent POD shout to start the season,  his DPP is very nice but the attacking points he feeds off over base stats is harder to consistently replicate. If you can get on Papalii when he goes on a scoring run and get off at the right time, you will be laughing!

    predicted 2018 avg - 48-55 points

    Beer Beer Beer Cheers
    3.5/5
    Welshy Beers
    avatar
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 5098
    Reputation : 1495
    Join date : 2015-08-01
    Age : 29

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:11 pm

    Clap excellent as always!
    avatar
    mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 3191
    Reputation : 798
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by mulvy on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:39 pm

    @Welshy wrote:any more requests for player profiles

    Been reading the kennel forum and a lot of them think edge will be RFM or Rhyse Martin (helpful that he kicks goals and Mbye is shit at it and Holland not in their 17) and Elliott at Lock. Forum speculation is always all over the place and wishful thinking but if you think any of those names are worthy of a review then great but the whole point is to generate discussion, so.... discuss!
    avatar
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 5098
    Reputation : 1495
    Join date : 2015-08-01
    Age : 29

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:49 pm

    @mulvy wrote:

    Been reading the kennel forum and a lot of them think edge will be RFM or Rhyse Martin (helpful that he kicks goals and Mbye is shit at it and Holland not in their 17) and Elliott at Lock. Forum speculation is always all over the place and wishful thinking but if you think any of those names are worthy of a review then great but the whole point is to generate discussion, so.... discuss!


    Don't know if its a discussion but id have their team like this

    M'bye
    Montoya
    Hoppa
    Morris
    Morris
    Foran
    Frawley

    Woods
    Lichaa
    Tolman
    Jackson
    RFM
    Klemmer

    Elliot
    Fualalo
    Tualau
    Brown/ Martin/Priest

    avatar
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 5098
    Reputation : 1495
    Join date : 2015-08-01
    Age : 29

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:50 pm

    Who is going to be their next captain? I'm guessing they'll give it to Jackson
    avatar
    mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 3191
    Reputation : 798
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by mulvy on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:52 pm

    @Welshy wrote:Welshys Player Profiles




    Player: Josh Papalii
    Club: Canberra Raiders
    Position: FRF/2RF
    Cost: $726,000
    2015 average: 45
    2016 average: 44
    2017 average: 50 (49.6)
    2017 minutes average: 79
    Handsomeness rating: 2/5 Mitch Aubbussons

    After playing 20 rounds last year sandwiched between origin and suspension and every time starting in the 2RF Big Papa has somehow found himself with a dual position in the FRF/2RF. Nice. Papalii suffered a major real life and fantasy form dip after origin 1, more on that in the adjusted averages below. Papalii doesn’t get huge tackle numbers, especially for someone who constantly plays 80 minutes (great effort for an always early season fat cunt) like Merrin. So he relies on big RM and more of the attacking element of the game like TBs and he does have a nose for the tryline.

    Starting 2RF points average: 49.6 (20 game 5 tries)
    2017 average R1-R12: 58.7 (10 games, 3 tries)
    2017 average R13-R26: 40.5 (10 games, 2 tries)

    Wrap up
    Papaliis scores after R12 dropped into the abyss along with the Raiders finals hopes, an 18 point drop off for the same amount of games played, without a glut of extra tries is to point at as the main reason, the fantasy gods must of stepped in to drop his season average to something closer to what we are more accustomed to seeing! If the Raiders can get back to the more attacking side we seen in 2016 Papalii may be able to replicate his amazing early season 2017 average, Papalii will be a decent POD shout to start the season,  his DPP is very nice but the attacking points he feeds off over base stats is harder to consistently replicate. If you can get on Papalii when he goes on a scoring run and get off at the right time, you will be laughing!

    predicted 2018 avg - 48-55 points

    Beer  Beer  Beer  Cheers
    3.5/5
    Welshy Beers

    Great review as always Welshy!

    DPP whilst undeserved is important this year. Even though the Raiders have one of the easier opening draws, I'm not convinced thought that he scores significantly above 50. Without Hodgson, who knows, they might be completely fucked!
    avatar
    StuDogg101

    Posts : 1259
    Reputation : 301
    Join date : 2015-09-30
    Location : Christchurch, NZ

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by StuDogg101 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:55 pm

    SJ and/or JT please @Welshy!
    avatar
    mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 3191
    Reputation : 798
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by mulvy on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:56 pm

    @Mighty Fishes wrote:Who is going to be their next captain? I'm guessing they'll give it to Jackson

    Yes the Kennel guys think Jackson as far as I can tell. But I guess it is relevant if as you think RFM on the edge, as he's priced at fuck all (without checking)
    avatar
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 5098
    Reputation : 1495
    Join date : 2015-08-01
    Age : 29

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:00 am

    RFM is a gun mate the longer he is on the field for the dogs the better
    avatar
    mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 3191
    Reputation : 798
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by mulvy on Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:02 am

    @Mighty Fishes wrote:RFM is a gun mate the longer he is on the field for the dogs the better

    Agree mate, but doesn't mean that's the way it pans out in round 1. Seems to me if he starts = gold but off the bench there are better options.
    avatar
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 5098
    Reputation : 1495
    Join date : 2015-08-01
    Age : 29

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:11 am

    @mulvy wrote:

    Agree mate, but doesn't mean that's the way it pans out in round 1. Seems to me if he starts = gold but off the bench there are better options.

    We're all looking at round one.

    Things change every year as they always do
    avatar
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 5098
    Reputation : 1495
    Join date : 2015-08-01
    Age : 29

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:15 am

    Can I say that Foran will be a rubbish signing for the doggies!

    Every time he switched clubs I see that he headlines the clickbait sites "biggest signings for your club"

    I saw it for the eels he did fuck all I saw it for the warriors he did even less. I really can't see the love affair for him. Even when he was at Manly I always thought that DCE was the superior player I just don't get it.

      Current date/time is Tue May 22, 2018 10:15 am