NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1 - Page 42 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

Post by Honey Badger Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:10 pm

my tv broke wrote:Garry also reporting tyrone peachey to titans, could be released for this season. This rumour been around for a while

If he does i wonder what position? Bad for Arrow?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1 - Page 42 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

Post by White Lightning Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:11 pm

my tv broke wrote:Garry also reporting tyrone peachey to titans, could be released for this season. This rumour been around for a while

I read somewhere that the Leutele deal fell through so maybe Peachey was next cab off the rank. But why do they need another ctr since they just got B. Lee & they already have Hurrell & Copley plus B. Elliot can also play ctr.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:13 pm

White Lightning wrote:

I read somewhere that the Leutele deal fell through so maybe Peachey was next cab off the rank. But why do they need another ctr since they just got B. Lee & they already have Hurrell & Copley plus B. Elliot can also play ctr.

Lets be fair Peachy is twice the player Copley is

They would be stupid not to pursue Peach, Him and Hurrell would make for a devastating CTR pairing, plus he offers cover in the 2RF and plenty of value as a bench utility
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:25 pm

Either way would be awesome to see him lock down an 80 minute spot, not just for Fantasy either, awesome to watch.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:03 pm

White Lightning wrote:

Oates gets injured quite easily. How is he going to handle playing in the forwards.

He doesn't really get injured, he's just a softcock.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:04 pm

White Lightning wrote:

You'd put the sweet Peach in over any of them maybe bar a fit Hurrell. They would be mad not to try and get him.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:06 pm

Peachy can play anywhere and position well! Be crazy not to chase him hard
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:00 am

Channel 7 Chris Garry on twitter - Panthers Tyrone Peachey to sign 3 year deal with Gold Coast starting in 2019. BUT he's a good chance of being there before June 30. Not happy at Penrith.

Back to the forwards may be ?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:03 am

No Worries wrote:Channel 7 Chris Garry on twitter - Panthers Tyrone Peachey to sign 3 year deal with Gold Coast starting in 2019. BUT he's a good chance of being there before June 30. Not happy at Penrith.

Back to the forwards may be ?

It was obvious he and the coach didn't get on. Bench player most of the year and only forced his way in due to injury and I remember a story that Griffin dropped him for a game early last season cause he missed the bus for training or something even though he then called a cab to get himself there and was only a few minutes late.

I hope he gets released now.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:26 am

Brennan confirms Ryan James to back row this year until another backrower comes along (possibly where Peachey comes in)

“I’ve made the decision I’m going to move Ryan James to an edge. There’s probably another middle spot available if I do that.

James to back row
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:34 am

Is Milford back in full training yet? He's not looking as pudgy as his usual pre-season self. Tempted to stake my fantasy season on a punt on him... the Bronx have what could be considered an easier first six rounds with Dragons, Cows, Tigers, Titans, Knights, and Warriors.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:58 am

my tv broke wrote:Is Milford back in full training yet? He's not looking as pudgy as his usual pre-season self. Tempted to stake my fantasy season on a punt on him... the Bronx have what could be considered an easier first six rounds with Dragons, Cows, Tigers, Titans, Knights, and Warriors.

Where was Milf on the force dropout table? Could help his cause but it's a huge gamble. Boom or bust type player for sure. But saying that I might play this year with a bit more risk with gut moves like a Milf style player or three.

I'm actually thinking Matulino could have a good chance of being the 2016 Ryan James or 2017 Paul Vaughn.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:22 am

wolfking wrote:
    my tv broke wrote:Is Milford back in full training yet? He's not looking as pudgy as his usual pre-season self. Tempted to stake my fantasy season on a punt on him... the Bronx have what could be considered an easier first six rounds with Dragons, Cows, Tigers, Titans, Knights, and Warriors.

Where was Milf on the force dropout table?  Could help his cause but it's a huge gamble.  Boom or bust type player for sure.  But saying that I might play this year with a bit more risk with gut moves like a Milf style player or three.

I'm actually thinking Matulino could have a good chance of being the 2016 Ryan James or 2017 Paul Vaughn.
    I hope you prove me wrong mate for the Tigers sake, but we have a ridiculously hard first two months. Our backs are going to struggle to score tries, let alone the forwards.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:02 pm

Reading that question on Trex earlier got me thinking, Parra should get him to slim back down and play him on the wing again. His speed would take most of the year to come back but he could be devastating returning the ball and Parra are really going to miss that from Semi
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:27 pm

SI wrote:
    I hope you prove me wrong mate for the Tigers sake, but we have a ridiculously hard first two months. Our backs are going to struggle to score tries, let alone the forwards.

I was kind of speaking more from a fantasy side of things, but he's a good player when he's on, he could add a lot of value to the pack. I haven't looked at the draw, was just like a gut feeling kind of thing. Can play big minutes too.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:14 pm

Moley on twitter reporting Benji training the house down.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:26 pm

No Worries wrote:Moley on twitter reporting Benji training the house down.

Wasn't it Hayne that was training the house down last year?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:33 pm

wolfking wrote:
    SI wrote:

I was kind of speaking more from a fantasy side of things, but he's a good player when he's on, he could add a lot of value to the pack.  I haven't looked at the draw, was just like a gut feeling kind of thing.  Can play big minutes too.
    Yeah I know mate. I meant Fantasy as well that will convert from us struggling in reality.  We've got:

Roosters ANZ
    Storm AAMI
    Broncos Campbelltown
    Eels ANZ
    Storm Mt Smart
    Manly Brooky
    Knights Tamworth
    Eels ANZ
    Warriors Mt Smart

And it's not just the actual Top 8 teams there, it's that there will only be one hostile crowd (in our favour) when you consider the ANZ games are against Sydney teams.

Not only that, our only ridgy didge "home" game is fucking Brisbane, hahaha.  Our record against the Broncs in the last decade is like 14 games played, 4 won or something. And we have been VERY lucky in that time coming up against them numerous times in a week preceding Origin.

In short Wolfie-we are fucked lol!
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:16 pm

SI wrote:
    Yeah I know mate. I meant Fantasy as well that will convert from us struggling in reality.  We've got:

Roosters ANZ
    Storm AAMI
    Broncos Campbelltown
    Eels ANZ
    Storm Mt Smart
    Manly Brooky
    Knights Tamworth
    Eels ANZ
    Warriors Mt Smart

And it's not just the actual Top 8 teams there, it's that there will only be one hostile crowd (in our favour) when you consider the ANZ games are against Sydney teams.

Not only that, our only ridgy didge "home" game is fucking Brisbane, hahaha.  Our record against the Broncs in the last decade is like 14 games played, 4 won or something. And we have been VERY lucky in that time coming up against them numerous times in a week preceding Origin.

Wow, yeah that's looking tough. Nofo was one I was also thinking about but that draw there is incredibly hard. Even the Knights there look great compared to the Tigs. I guess the Tigers have a lot of work to do losing Teddy. You'd think most of their attack will need to be restructured. Lolohea I think will be the key to be honest. Reynolds it's hard to predict how he will go and how he will work within the team.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:07 pm

wolfking wrote:
    SI wrote:

Roosters ANZ
    Storm AAMI
    Broncos Campbelltown
    Eels ANZ
    Storm Mt Smart
    Manly Brooky
    Knights Tamworth
    Eels ANZ
    Warriors Mt Smart

Wow, yeah that's looking tough.  Nofo was one I was also thinking about but that draw there is incredibly hard.  Even the Knights there look great compared to the Tigs.  I guess the Tigers have a lot of work to do losing Teddy.  You'd think most of their attack will need to be restructured.  Lolohea I think will be the key to be honest.  Reynolds it's hard to predict how he will go and how he will work within the team.
    I just hope the board don't knee jerk again. Cleary needs at least 2 full seasons before they start questioning him. And if we want him to deliver Nathan then everything needs to be sweet as far as his Dad's job security goes in 2019.

There's a 30 minute podcast with Grub on NRL.com. I haven't finished it but apparently he says quite strongly that he will be playing on both sides. So maybe he will be playing more as a genuine 5/8 but I don't know.

Ted was the only player we couldn't afford to lose in my book. Connor Watson would have been a great replacement. I was wrapped when we first signed Lolohea but from memory is fullback Hanes were average at the Warriors. Someone tell me I'm wrong!

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:31 pm