NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL FANTASY III

ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

NFL FANTASY III - Page 16 Empty Re: NFL FANTASY III

Post by ryno_ Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:27 am

If Hyde is $10M, Ajayi at $9M is a steal.

TB/MIA game officially rescheduled to week 11.

I need to free up a roster spot for a Winston backup in L2. 2-for-1 trades, come at me.
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:55 am

Welshy wrote:

Get in Pacey lad

let's see these teams then boys, see what I'm up against!

Here it is. I guess its treating it similar to NRL Fantasy - buying up the cash cows early to upgrade later?!? I'm sacrificing the points early in RB with only the one gun.

NFL FANTASY III - Page 16 Screen10
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:59 am

Faaark me. Reassess perhaps Rev.

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:05 am

Ive got a strong feeling Julio jones will not have a big statistical year.

Regarding defenses, in fantasy i find they are very hit n miss. Defenses go on streaks and then fade, us even well beaten teams can score ok on defense with a takeaway or two etc. Maybe ill go Bears and Houston. Sack Hyde and bring in Fourno. Ill be back.
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:04 am

Revraiser wrote:Ive got a strong feeling Julio jones will not have a big statistical year.

Regarding defenses, in fantasy i find they are very hit n miss. Defenses go on streaks and then fade, us even well beaten teams can score ok on defense with a takeaway or two etc. Maybe ill go Bears and Houston. Sack Hyde and bring in Fourno. Ill be back.

Any guy that can put on 300m in a single game is not going to have a huge regression (I hope)
    There was also talk from the OC that they were going to get him a lot more red zone targets - cause he only had something like 6 TDs last year right? If you can get to WR2 with only 6 TDs, there is still some upside there.

The obvious problem is how they go with the new OC. Having the reigning MVP calling shots helps though.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:20 am

BroncHose wrote:

Any guy that can put on 300m in a single game is not going to have a huge regression (I hope)
    There was also talk from the OC that they were going to get him a lot more red zone targets - cause he only had something like 6 TDs last year right? If you can get to WR2 with only 6 TDs, there is still some upside there.

The obvious problem is how they go with the new OC. Having the reigning MVP calling shots helps though.

I don't see him regressing at all. Extrapolating stats to a 16 game season, he's had at least ~150 targets & 1600 yards 4 years running, and he spent a fair chunk of last year injured - he didnt run a single left post route between xmas and the superbowl. There was a great interview with the Patriots coaching staff about all the hours (like hundreds) they put into film study of just Julio, for them to notice his route patterns changed drastically, eliminating the left side of the field... then his first completion in the SB was a left post route and it threw all their weeks of planning out the window! But I digress.

His production has been remarkably consistent for multiple seasons. His only drama is being healthy, and theres no reason to think he wont be any more or less injury prone then other WRs in his league. New OC, sure. But Ryan still knows where his go-to man is.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:51 am

Is Palmer worth a look? Didn't he have a very strong second half of the season last year? Seems weird to me that he is quite low in the rankings. I have Cousins, but thinking of picking him on the bench in my work league and maybe even play him this week.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:09 am

wolfking wrote:Is Palmer worth a look?  Didn't he have a very strong second half of the season last year?  Seems weird to me that he is quite low in the rankings.  I have Cousins, but thinking of picking him on the bench in my work league and maybe even play him this week.

He's matchup dependent. Plays Seattle, Rams and 49ers twice who all have pretty good defences, so if you get Palmer hes not an every week play. He's also approximately 65 years old and doesnt play well in outdoor stadiums.

Looks good this week though and of all the week-to-week options, he's one of the better ones.

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:38 am

ryno_ wrote:

He's matchup dependent. Plays Seattle, Rams and 49ers twice who all have pretty good defences, so if you get Palmer hes not an every week play. He's also approximately 65 years old and doesnt play well in outdoor stadiums.

Looks good this week though and of all the week-to-week options, he's one of the better ones.

Cheers mate. Might just stick with Cousins this week in that league.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:48 pm

Hey guys. In Sportsdeck where it says say 54 of 300 entrants and total prize pool only 25.00 how on earth does that make sense ?
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:05 pm

Revraiser wrote:Hey guys. In Sportsdeck where it says say 54 of 300 entrants and total prize pool only 25.00 how on earth does that make sense ?

Is that the free entry game you are looking at? If so, prize money is capped at $25 as opposed to some other leagues where it increases as the number of entrants increases.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:15 pm

wolfking wrote:Is Palmer worth a look?  Didn't he have a very strong second half of the season last year?  Seems weird to me that he is quite low in the rankings.  I have Cousins, but thinking of picking him on the bench in my work league and maybe even play him this week.

What Ryno said, match up dependent he is filling in for Luck in one of my leagues this week for me. How big is the league you are going to pick him up in and what QB options are available.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:27 pm

Based on what's is probably available in your FA pool, some Good QB pick ups based on good to great matchups

Sam Bradford against Saints
    Carson Palmer against Lions
    Eli Manning against Boys'

Big balls play. Brian Hoyer against the Panthers
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:38 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Is that the free entry game you are looking at? If so, prize money is capped at $25 as opposed to some other leagues where it increases as the number of entrants increases.

Ah ok ur prolly right. Im a noob on the SD website. Thought it odd the most prominent easy to find games are the freeby ones.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:42 pm

Rev make sure to update Beasts chart and slot Landry out mate.

(Even though it is already a close game with Landry there.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:57 pm

Random wrote:Rev make sure to update Beasts chart and slot Landry out mate.

(Even though it is already a close game with Landry there.

It's @StuDogg101 who has current ownership on Beasts team mate! I'm sure he will sort in plenty of time
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:01 pm

Whilst we are on that Miami v Bucs game... i have Ajaayi and Rodgers as running backs. Fuckers. I am lucky Zeke will play round 1 otherwise id already be paddlin.

Am i right that SD only has about 12 games to enter at the moment and they are all $25 prize pools ? I thought there were loads of huge games to play ?
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:05 pm

Welshy wrote:Big balls play. Brian Hoyer against the Panthers

If your balls are that big, seek medical attention.

Goff against Colts is the spicy little play I'm eyeing off to replace Winston for week 1.

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:17 pm

Random wrote:

What Ryno said, match up dependent he is filling in for Luck in one of my leagues this week for me. How big is the league you are going to pick him up in and what QB options are available.

10 man league. Other options available are Bortles, Dalton, Palmer, Flacco, Smith, Bradford.

I didn't realise Cousins was as high as he is in the rankings. I'll probably stick with him. I don't want to waste a wavier on him in the first week.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:34 pm

wolfking wrote:

10 man league.  Other options available are Bortles, Dalton, Palmer, Flacco, Smith, Bradford.

I didn't realise Cousins was as high as he is in the rankings.  I'll probably stick with him.  I don't want to waste a wavier on him in the first week.
    Cousins is a year long play at QB mate against a suspect Philly pass D, they have added Darby who is a decent CB but I'd be happy starting Cousins against most Ds

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 1:31 am