NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL FANTASY III

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NFL FANTASY III - Page 9 Empty Re: NFL FANTASY III

Post by Revraiser Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:11 pm

@Pain i think within the 1st few rounds u may end up shuffling some Rb's. But time will tell. Lacy has been a huge fall from grace hey. Amazing sometimes the turnaround in an Nfl players career.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:16 pm

@Welshy i wanted to stash D Henry but u got him just in time.

But, whats this shite about 'title ambitions' i read above ?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:20 pm

@Deuces whats ur team name mate ?

I like the Thomas pick. Could be huge year.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:25 pm

Revraiser wrote:@Welshy  i wanted to stash D Henry but u got him just in time.

But, whats this shite about 'title ambitions' i read above ?

That was the NFL.com draft recap mate

Yes I think the Titans might start transitioning towards Henry this year, hopefully by mid season I have an RB1 in my flex spot

I'm pretty happy with my Ravens D, think they will be like the Ravens of fantasy old this year, a throwback to the Ray Lewis days
    Deuces
    Deuces

Post by Deuces Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:38 pm

Revraiser wrote:@Deuces  whats ur team name mate ?

I like the Thomas pick. Could be huge year.

Stairway to Evans....and i hope so cause not only is he in my team hes on my fav team to.....i have my fingers crossed.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:41 pm

Fuck

Post by Guest Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:53 pm

QB - Stafford/Big Ben
    RB - Murray/Lynch/Abdullah/Kelly/Rawls
    WR - Cooks/Allen/Tate/Fitzgerald
    TE - Kelce/Bennett
    K - Lutz
    D - Cards

BOOSTED BY SOLID STEALS, SYNYSTER VENGEANCE EXPECTS TO FACTOR HEAVILY INTO THE PLAYOFF PICTURE

Draft Grade
    B
    Proj Record
    7-6
    Proj Finish
    DRAFT SUMMARY
    When a bottom-half draft slot yields top-half results, that's the sign of a GM with skill. Such was the case with Synyster Vengeance, which flipped their sixth overall pick into an expected fifth-place finish in NRLFF League 1. They waited until the 11th round to secure their top quarterback. At another spot in the lineup, Synyster Vengeance was able to land one of the highest-scoring tandems of tight ends in the league.
    Synyster Vengeance might be interested in shopping a WR to upgrade in other areas. Their fourth-ranked WR, Larry Fitzgerald, is projected to be better than the league average at his position.
    Synyster Vengeance adhered to fantasy tradition, selecting a pair of running backs with their first two picks (DeMarco Murray and Marshawn Lynch).
    In the 10th round, caution was thrown to the wind, as Thomas Rawls was selected at pick number 95 versus an ADP of 145.0 across all NFL.com leagues.

FBG & NFL Fantasy aren't very impressed with my line-up but i couldn't be happier (well that's a lie, i was hoping i could snatch Kelvin with my Tate pick but some-one else pulled the trigger first, and that bastard Welshy has my Ravens D)

plan was to go RB-heavy to start and rely on the insane WR depth this year to fill things out, grabbed Murray with my 1st & Lynch with my 2nd, both are top-shelf RB's in rising offences and should be set and forget, might be some worries about Beast Mode being rusty, but then he's never really been about vision as much as leaving tyre tracks on anyone in his way.

A week ago i wouldn't have looked at Cooks but with Edelman out of the picture now he should see a lot of targets, from there i locked up my TE in Kelce who'll get plenty of work because Alex Smith is allergic to WR's, then circled around and stole Allen from under Welshy's nose, who should post WR1 statlines often so long as the rubber-band holding his knee together doesn't snap again.

Round 6 i picked up Abdullah, who, like Allen, should be fantastic if injury-free. Tate at Round 7 was a BPA WR pick, plus his back end of last year was very promising. got Kelley & Rawls at 8 & 10, both starting RB's who i feel are being under-rated, i think Perine needs a fair bit more time in the oven and i'll back Rawls to get work over Trent Richardson 2.0, split by Fitz at 9, who is the only player on the Cards not named David Johnson worth throwing to.

Stafford at 11 should be servicable (I've only just now realised that i drafted the Detriot triplets, that was not at all planned), the plan wasn't to wait this late, but the guys i was interested kept going just before i was ready to pick them, Bennett at 12 was a BPA pick with the added bonus of getting under Welshy's skin Razz i think Big Ben at 13 is crazy value, a veteran elite QB with a loaded offense, i have a sneaking suspicion i'll be playing him more than i play Stafford.

Lutz and Cards at the end were pure BPA's, though Lutz should see plenty of oppurtunities on the same team as Brees and the Cards were lights out for me in the ESPN league last season
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:32 pm

So my squad for the year, and I could either be in for a long ass year or run solidly.

QB:
    Andrew Luck - Good signs he will be back early in the season, don't think he will make it Week 1 though.
    Tyrod Taylor - Happy to have Taylor slot in for Luck hopefully he will only need to play a couple games this year.

RB:
    Leonard Fournette - My RB1, he should be decent.
    Joe Mixon - Not sure why his ADP is so high. I wouldn't have minded getting him a couple rounds after. He has work to do to still to get in front of Hill and Bernard permanently, but he has a ton of upside if he does.

Danny Woodhead - If he can stay healthy, he should be okay... Just okay..
    Samaje Perine - Another Rookie, I don't see him jumping Kelley in the pecking order to start the year. He doesn't look too spectacular outside of that anyway. Best I can hope for is Matt Jones productivity, but it could take awhile for him to jump Kelley who seems to be in the coaches favour and might not happen all year.

WR:
    Odell Beckham Jr - Love the man, so no complaints about picking him up even with the Ankle concerns. Should be set for Week One.
    Jordy Nelson - Sure he is old, but having Rodgers throwing to him and with Adams and Cobbs as threats as well he should get open often and should go close to the 14 TDs from last year.
    Tyrelle Pryor - Would have liked to draft him a round or two later. Hopefully when things start to click between himself and Cousins he can become a Top 15 WR borderline Top 10.

Donte Moncrief - Looks passed his injuries, should be better for it this year and be as effective if not more this year. Will look even better when Luck returns.
    Mike Wallace - Should produce much of the same from last year as long as Flacco makes it back Week 1.
    Tyrell Williams - Again should be an alright pick capable of replicating his performance from last season but not too much beyond that.

TE:
    Delanie Walker - Should get decent amount of targets and when he picks up those TD's he will put up solid scores. Mariota will continue to utilise him.

K:
    Justin Tucker

Def:
    Seattle Seahawks - Legion of Boom.

NFL FANTASY III - Page 9 740df69385ac3f7255f577a276d40a95

Projected to finish last, well I have to say that is an accurate assessment. Having 3 rookie RB's isn't helping the side but Fournette should live up to the hype and if Mixon can hit that potential upside of his and the pair can run the season. Then there is definitely a chance that things change. My one projected win is more of a coin flip with Round 5 I am set to have a 56.2% chance of upsetting Mearcats who will be without Demaryius Thomas and Matt Ryan.
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:43 am

I like the draft summary thats given. Although I haven't seen any of you L1 guys that are projected to go no1 yet? who killed it?
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:03 am

Does anyone know how the co-owner thing works? I have work this afternoon and one of my friends offered to watch over my draft for me (I prepared a predraft list) as I can't guarantee I will get a break at 5pm. Do they just sign up and have all the same access as I do?
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:19 am

Here's the draft summary for the team I drafted for Beast

LOOKING TO DOMINATE, DOWNTOWN POUNDTOWN ASSEMBLES A GROUND ATTACK

Draft Grade
    A-
    Proj Record
    13-0
    Proj Finish
    DRAFT SUMMARY
    Downtown Poundtown had success drafting in the second spot of the opening round, building a roster with playoff potential. With their first five picks, they opted for balance, selecting a quarterback, two running backs, and two wide receivers. By the end of the draft, Downtown Poundtown landed the most prolific foursome of running backs in the league.
    Downtown Poundtown might be interested in shopping a WR to upgrade in other areas. Their fourth-ranked WR, Randall Cobb, is projected to be better than the league average at his position.
    Downtown Poundtown might be interested in shopping a RB to upgrade in other areas. Their fourth-ranked RB, Jeremy Hill, is projected to be better than the league average at his position.
    According to ADP, it was a bit of a reach selecting Kelvin Benjamin in the 4th round (39th overall pick versus an ADP of 92.0 across all NFL.com leagues).
    Russ
    Russ

Post by Russ Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:22 am

Make Amari-Carr Great Again - Pick 1

QB - Russell Wilson
    RB - DJohnson / Kareem Hunt / Doug Martin / McFadden / Bilal Powell / TWest
    WR - Sanders / Tyreek Hill / JBrown / Coleman / Maclin / JMatthews / Perriman
    TE - Gronk
    K - not drafted
    D - not drafted

Pick 1 was DJ
    Usually wait on TE but Gronk was available end of Round 2 - he may put up numbers like a top WR this year
    Reached for Kareem Hunt start Round 3 but think he will be the best of the rookie RBs and in an Andy Reid offence - Charles, Ware, Charcandrick all successful previously.
    Liked Tyreek at Pick 4 as the best of the WRs remaining
    Russell Wilson Pick 7 too good to pass up for me.  Usually take a QB at Pick 13 - Palmer, Dalton, etc are serviceable - but Wilson may challenge for overall QB1 this year - behind the worst O-line he will be running and running...
    Took a flyer on McFadden hoping I will have a RB1 for 6 weeks sometime this year if/when Elliot is suspended
    Remaining WRs and RBs primary role on poorer teams

Didn't draft a defence or kicker yet - will see how injuries and team names go for Round 1 and drop a couple of WRs to pick up D and K then.  
    Patriots, Giants, Steelers against Browns, Bills against Jets Defences still available on waivers
    Kicker from waivers will be one from a projected higher scoring game, either indoors or good weather.

Although They Stretched for Some Early Picks, Make Amari-Carr Great Again Looks to Battle for the Top Spot

Draft Grade
    B+
    Proj Record
    9-4
    Proj Finish
    Draft Summary
    After landing the first slot in the draft, Make Amari-Carr Great Again delivered a roster that will cause plenty of trouble for their opponents this season. They went after ball-carriers early, using three of their first five picks to acquire running backs. Going hand-in-hand with that early investment, Make Amari-Carr Great Again secured one of the highest-scoring combos of running backs in the league.
    •If other NFL.com users are right, Emmanuel Sanders was a steal in the 8th round (80th overall pick versus an ADP of 66.0).
    •According to ADP, it was a bit of a reach selecting Kareem Hunt in the 3rd round (21st overall pick versus an ADP of 116.0 across all NFL.com leagues).
    •With 353 projected rushing yards (ranking third among QBs), Russell Wilson has multiple ways to bring in points.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:49 am

StuDogg101 wrote:Does anyone know how the co-owner thing works? I have work this afternoon and one of my friends offered to watch over my draft for me (I prepared a predraft list) as I can't guarantee I will get a break at 5pm. Do they just sign up and have all the same access as I do?

Yep that is right mate, they have all the same access.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:55 am

Random wrote:

Yep that is right mate, they have all the same access.

Thanks Random, didn't want to sign him up and then have him not be able to do it anyway lol
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:08 am

Its nearly time L2!

and judging by how Studogg drafted for Beast, I'm glad he might be away for it!!!

Was kinda hoping for an answer on six-week zeke by now though...
    luckynumber8
    luckynumber8

Post by luckynumber8 Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:11 am

Ok Gents,

I'm here. let's get this draft underway...
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:17 am

Hopefully all you League 2 guys are ready. I have done exactly 5 min research on fantasy players and will just relying on what i have seen in preseason. Previous years i have read and studied fantasy stuff, made my lists and still fallen short.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:23 am

Best of luck lads.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:31 am

StuDogg101 wrote:Does anyone know how the co-owner thing works? I have work this afternoon and one of my friends offered to watch over my draft for me (I prepared a predraft list) as I can't guarantee I will get a break at 5pm. Do they just sign up and have all the same access as I do?
    just give them your log in details mate
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:37 am

Got my assistant in late, had to do the first few myself hope it's all going smoothly

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 7:24 pm