NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 58

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 58 - Page 40 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 58

Post by wolfking Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:23 am

my tv broke wrote:Niko fullback is an interesting one, not that it affects fantasy, just a surprise switch to be honest. i was pretty pissed watching hte game so cant really comment on isaakos effort.

comes just after niko re-signed for 3 years, coincidence?

Isaako was solid on kick defusals and decent enough on returns, but the way they played, they didn't use him whatsoever is attacking plays. Which was annoying as I got him as a cashout and had to play him. Can't fault him for not having much involvement.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 58 - Page 40 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 58

Post by White Lightning Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:25 am

my tv broke wrote:

he was deadset MIA last week. don't know if he's carrying injury or mind is just not there, but that would be a massive risk to take.

I watched the game & you wouldn't even know he was on the field. He's either playing injured or saving himself for next year or both. Having said that the problem is the forwards. The only one that has any mental strength & capacity to perform at an acceptable level every week with a low error rate is Mannering. The rest of them are below average & mentally soft. While they have splashed out the big dollars buying the backs like RTS, Foran they should of been strengthening the forwards with hardened forwards. The problem the Warriors have though is who would even want to play for the Warriors & move to NZ. The only way the Warriors are ever going to get good players is if they relocate to Australia because atm they have to pay overs to get the big name players they currently have.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:31 am

wolfking wrote:
    my tv broke wrote:Niko fullback is an interesting one, not that it affects fantasy, just a surprise switch to be honest. i was pretty pissed watching hte game so cant really comment on isaakos effort.

comes just after niko re-signed for 3 years, coincidence?

Isaako was solid on kick defusals and decent enough on returns, but the way they played, they didn't use him whatsoever is attacking plays.  Which was annoying as I got him as a cashout and had to play him.  Can't fault him for not having much involvement.

Yeah, he had a run early, might have been his first, and he looked really good with his footwork. Then next to no opportunity for the rest of the game.
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:35 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Nikorima to play FB, Broncos website I believe

Bulldogs are going to have a field day with Nikorima at the back especially close to the line.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:41 am

Moose wrote:

Bulldogs are going to have a field day with Nikorima at the back especially close to the line.

Sidelines don't count. When they can find a way to get over the try line then they'll be worried.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:44 am

Our favourite Mole deleted the tweet about reynolds being out for a month. thats why he's the best! go through his posts, his strike rate is 100% lol!
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:55 am

The reason why these Warriors's Island players fail at nrl level is as follows. Polynesian boys mature physically very early so when they are 13-15 they have the size of a player that is like a 20 year old man. So in youth league it is easy so they just run through players & dominate physically. I was watching this Point Chev team train one night. They were all Polynesian players & they were mostly about 6 foot 15-17 stone. I asked a person is that the top side & he replied no that's the under 16 open team who hadn't lost a game all season & half of them were rep players. So when these players come up through the grades they don't learn how to get into the arm wrestle & guts out a win because they're not challenged physically. So when they get to nrl level they haven't got the ingrained stamina/fitness to fight so they give up because they are mentally soft. The ones that do succeed are the ones that move to an Australian system where they have to perform because there are 10 players who they are competing with for 1 spot & this ingrains the stamina & the 80 minute effort. A good example of this is Taukeiaho & would he be the player he is today if he hadn't of taken a chance & signed for the Roosters from the Warriors.

Last edited by White Lightning on Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:58 am

my tv broke wrote:Our favourite Mole deleted the tweet about reynolds being out for a month. thats why he's the best! go through his posts, his strike rate is 100% lol!

I replied to that and even got a like from him.

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 58 - Page 40 SYy7dDV
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:01 pm

my tv broke wrote:Our favourite Mole deleted the tweet about reynolds being out for a month. thats why he's the best! go through his posts, his strike rate is 100% lol!

What a fucking tosspot.

Does anyone actually rate the bloke? HAS anyone ever rated the bloke?
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:05 pm

filthridden wrote:

What a fucking tosspot.

The only bloke I ever had time for that consistently spoke about themselves in the third person was Stew... At least he had some funny one liners and attempts at bush poetry that weren't completely inept which is more than I can say for that fuckin rodents attempts and "insider" reporting!
    pm888
    pm888

Post by pm888 Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:11 pm

theres talk about sj returning in 4 weeks - round 24?. and cartwright will play in isp this week so might be back next week. think its safe for edwards at the back after the merrin injury.

if you had to choose between a fifi/cleary or mannering/dce combo who would you go? ideally i would go mannering/cleary. but i need the extra money elsewhere
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:15 pm

filthridden wrote:

What a fucking tosspot.

Tony Adams, he was fairly respected "back in the day" wasn't he? i'm not sure..

Not really sure how "the Mole" started.. he has a lot of weird supporters on twitter who back him up on anything/everything..

Doesn't he live in the US now anyway?
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:33 pm

filthridden wrote:

What a fucking tosspot.

It seemed like he use to be on the money and in the inner circle when Rugby League week was the only way to get team lists. Since the invention of the internet, not so much. Don't know if he burnt bridges or if it was all smoke and mirrors.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:39 pm

pm888 wrote:theres talk about sj returning in 4 weeks - round 24?. and cartwright will play in isp this week so might be back next week. think its safe for edwards at the back after the merrin injury.

if you had to choose between a fifi/cleary or mannering/dce combo who would you go? ideally i would go mannering/cleary. but i need the extra money elsewhere

There is a fair bit of talk along these lines @pm888 but as covered around here already, with the Warriors season basically dead and buried barring a mathematical miracle, we doubt that he'll come back early without any reason to. The only plausible reason would be to get a bit of match fitness under his belt prior to the WC.

As for your match up question, I'd probably go with the Manners DCE combo. Fifi can be a game changer but can also fluctuate a bit. Manners is more consistent albeit without the ceiling (and he's in a rich vein of form at the moment). Mannering and Cleary would definitely be the ideal combo tho. No cash elsewhere to allow you to make this move and still do the other stuff you need?
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:41 pm

No Worries wrote:

It seemed like he use to be on the money and in the inner circle when Rugby League week was the only way to get team lists. Since the invention of the internet, not so much. Don't know if he burnt bridges or if it was all smoke and mirrors.

I also cannot stand people that feel the need to justify themselves to all and asunder when they are right and yet delete a post without accepting responsibility for their mistake when they're wrong, that sort of shit reeks of attention seeking amateurism.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:53 pm

Mearcats wrote:

I also cannot stand people that feel the need to justify themselves to all and asunder when they are right and yet delete a post without accepting responsibility for their mistake when they're wrong, that sort of shit reeks of attention seeking amateurism.

To be honest I mostly hated his mysogynistic and homophobic attitude that crept into twitter every now and then but he's all a shit media personality without much standing these days plus he fucking rates himself in a big way for some reason.
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:09 pm

Spectre wrote:

You're gonna start Scott with Hampton being your possible AE?

Balls

Hmm yes well that part is really gonna suck if it eventuates but I'm hoping the rest of my team will make up for that
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:20 pm

filthridden wrote:

To be honest I mostly hated his mysogynistic and homophobic attitude that crept into twitter every now and then but he's all a shit media personality without much standing these days plus he fucking rates himself in a big way for some reason.

Would agree with the character traits reference and distaste for it mate, there's just no room for that in our culture in today's day and age and if you want to be like that that's fine but opinions are kinda like a religious or a dick. It's all well and good to have one, play with it all you like and if people are interested you can even discuss it with em but FFS don't go forcing it down peoples throats willy nilly, that ain't a good way to make friends!

I'm just not sure where, along the lines, we got to a point that media personalities thought it was necessary for them to write tasteless, self praising shit just for the sake of writing. Fuck that. Gimme some real news and real info or STFU.
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:38 pm

POD Gagai or stick with Scott and pray he gets a call up? Bellamy could be playing games again scratch
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:10 pm

Moose wrote:POD Gagai or stick with Scott and pray he gets a call up? Bellamy could be playing games again scratch

Here's a different option:

Hold the trade until you find out whether Scott is playing or not.

If he's playing, hold him.
    If he's not, trade him someone playing with/against/after him:

Lafai
    Aitken
    DWalker
    Maubusson
    Cotric
    Croker

Pick with luck (and forethought) and you could get someone that averages as high/higher than Gagai for a lot cheaper and not be worried about missing out on Scott's points/saving a trade this round if he plays.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:45 am