NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.COM Fantasy Thread 54

standard-issue
    standard-issue

2017 NRL.COM Fantasy Thread 54 - Page 46 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.COM Fantasy Thread 54

Post by standard-issue Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:33 am

OnTheLast wrote:Bloody Thursday night footy and I've got no one playing Sad  

Might want to check your C/VC mate!
    filthridden
    filthridden

2017 NRL.COM Fantasy Thread 54 - Page 46 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.COM Fantasy Thread 54

Post by filthridden Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:34 am

Smith (McInnes)
    Vaughan, Taupau (NBrown)
    Gallen, JDB, Crichton (Surgess)
    Johnson, Cleary (Walker)
    Leilua, Fuimaono/Marsters/LeBrown/Hayne
    Tedesco, Dedwards, RTS/Hayne

That's what my final 17/18 is looking like.
    I will have four trades left in the last 7 rounds (not enough, I think).
    That includes upgrading someone in that 17.

The question is, where to upgrade?
    Walker to Pearce? Leilua to TTurbo? Bring in Fifita for someone?
    pm888
    pm888

Post by pm888 Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:34 am

Spectre wrote:Should I go LeBrown for an extra scorer in the bye, possible dud/AE risk.
    Or just a dpp nuffie?

personally i would take the points but i dont have the trades or a centre/2rf to cash out so im leaving him out. reports have siro coming back rnd 24-26 so an AE score might not be an issue.

i guess the bigger risk is that he might be found out in a big minute role and return to his 20 minute game time. with a high b/e some people are waiting to see what happens this week
    mango
    mango

Post by mango Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:41 am

my tv broke wrote:I'm not sure if its been mentioned but the Storm boss said that CS9 has no injury concerns at all and was just given extended leave with family over the last week or so to freshen up.

Wow! All the reports/rumours going around about him being injured put a lot of doubt in peoples heads, myself included.

I was so undecided about my captain choice this week and very tempted to put it on CS9 but chickened out, watch him have a blinder tonight with an 70+
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:42 am

filthridden wrote:Smith (McInnes)
    Vaughan, Taupau (NBrown)
    Gallen, JDB, Crichton (Surgess)
    Johnson, Cleary (Walker)
    Leilua, Fuimaono/Marsters/LeBrown/Hayne
    Tedesco, Dedwards, RTS/Hayne

That's what my final 17/18 is looking like.
    I will have four trades left in the last 7 rounds (not enough, I think).
    That includes upgrading someone in that 17.

The question is, where to upgrade?
    Walker to Pearce? Leilua to TTurbo? Bring in Fifita for someone?

4 will be more than most mate.

Getting Fifi might be a bit sideways with that FRF unless you bite the bullet and fuck Vaughan off. Walker to Pearce is savvy if you want to spend the coin.

Whikst it looks like you have Centre depth, that could change quite quickly.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:43 am

Can't decide whether save trades, 8 left, or do Suli>Ttrbo and play him over RTS. Warriors Perth voodoo but looking better and last year was 15-14 golden point but Manly were on terrible run and look like real contenders. Also going to be wet I heard.

Is Turbo good enough final 17? Trying to select good value pods from the guy overall who I think will win. He already has Cleary Hoppa Mansour who were all targets but I need to chase differentials
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:46 am

TheWeapon wrote:And just when I thought the knights were going to be a good chance against the tigers this weekend, I see comments on the knights forums that Hodko will come in to the halves this weekend to replace....wait for it....Lamb. What the actual F. He has been the knights best all season.

Even my own team, I can't pick them to beat the tigers with a halves pairing of Feeney and Hodko.

The thing is, if they do win, the halves will probably get praised and Hodko coming back in is a masterstoke. Nevermind that they are playing a team shittier than they are. The only real chance lamb had to prove himself, he gets dropped.

Yes, disgruntled Lamb owner also.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:49 am

White Lightning wrote:Re Lamb. The only reasonable half I can buy with 1 trade is Widdop. The Dragons actually have a pretty good finishing draw as they play the Knights again & the Titans twice including this round.

I wouldn't do it mate, but I know you've mentioned him before. If you have a gut feel on Widdop, go with it, but I'd maybe wait and find the funds to go Cleary or someone better.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:51 am

SI wrote:

Well he should be an extra player for the next 2 bye rounds.

Wound you be happier with 60 extra points for the season or the potential for a shit score that may not even eventuate down the track?

Say you do cop an 8 AE from him say in Round 24 instead of a 40 odd from your next best player but got his 60 (could be less, could be more) over the last 2 bye rounds.

Only way I wouldn't do it is if it affects your loopholes in the next fortnight having 18 in a round. Even then I think I'd still get him for numbers.

I feel like we haven't interacted in a very long time. Thanks SI!
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:51 am

Thinking about a luxury RTS to Mansour trade. 10 trades left, very tempting.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:53 am

Loomer wrote:Can't decide whether save trades, 8 left, or do Suli>Ttrbo and play him over RTS. Warriors Perth voodoo but looking better and last year was 15-14 golden point but Manly were on terrible run and look like real contenders. Also going to be wet I heard.

Is Turbo good enough final 17? Trying to select good value pods from the guy overall who I think will win. He already has Cleary Hoppa Mansour who were all targets but I need to chase differentials

Get rid of Suli mate. Turbo is a good trade in for a starting centre spot
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:57 am

Loomer wrote:Can't decide whether save trades, 8 left, or do Suli>Ttrbo and play him over RTS. Warriors Perth voodoo but looking better and last year was 15-14 golden point but Manly were on terrible run and look like real contenders. Also going to be wet I heard.

8 trades is good mate.

Wil you be able to, or want to, get him into your Centres at some stage after this week? He is the highest averaging Centre bar 2 game Scott, so yes, good enough for final 17.

The Warriors hoodoo in Perth is real and yes, it will be wet here. Unfortunately a mate rang 5 minutes before lockout yesterday and I had the C on Manners from last week Crying or Very sad
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:00 am

SI wrote:

8 trades is good mate.

Wil you be able to, or want to, get him into your Centres at some stage after this week? He is the highest averaging Centre bar 2 game Scott, so yes, good enough for final 17.

The Warriors hoodoo in Perth is real and yes, it will be wet here. Unfortunately a mate rang 5 minutes before lockout yesterday and I had the C on Manners from last week Crying or Very sad

manners should still be all good mate.

I think I'll play Cotric over RTS if I don't trade him.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:01 am

Spectre wrote:
    SI wrote:

Well he should be an extra player for the next 2 bye rounds.

Wound you be happier with 60 extra points for the season or the potential for a shit score that may not even eventuate down the track?

Say you do cop an 8 AE from him say in Round 24 instead of a 40 odd from your next best player but got his 60 (could be less, could be more) over the last 2 bye rounds.

Only way I wouldn't do it is if it affects your loopholes in the next fortnight having 18 in a round. Even then I think I'd still get him for numbers.

I feel like we haven't interacted in a very long time. Thanks SI!

#stilldirtyonyounotgivingmemaubbsinultimateinfebruary
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:03 am

Here's my dilemma. I have 5 trades so which option do you like:
    (a) Use 2 trades to get Cleary (Klokstad out, Whare in & Lamb out, Cleary in). If I got him I would play him over C. Walker & shift Munster to wfb or
    (b) be prudent, save the trades & just play C. Walker

Current team:
    McInnes (B. Smith)
    Fifita, Wallace, N. Brown (Tualau)
    Surgess, Gallen, Crichton, Taumalolo, Taupau, Elliot
    SJ, Munster (Lamb, Field)
    Croker, Fui (Mitchell, Kelly)
    Edwards, RTS, C. Walker (Klokstad, Sami)
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:04 am

wolfking wrote:
    SI wrote:

8 trades is good mate.

manners should still be all good mate.

I think I'll play Cotric over RTS if I don't trade him.

Yeah to be honest Surgess was a bit scary and Crichtonne I feel is due a 40 odd. I am also Camless but wouldn't have chosen him anyway. JDB rumours have gone away so not sure if there was anything in them.

The weather should suit tackle bots.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:06 am

SI wrote:

4 will be more than most mate.

Getting Fifi might be a bit sideways with that FRF unless you bite the bullet and fuck Vaughan off. Walker to Pearce is savvy if you want to spend the coin.

Whikst it looks like you have Centre depth, that could change quite quickly.

Thanks, mate. Yep the centres are concerning hence I've got Hayne ready to jump in there if need be.
    Walker to Pearce is the obvious one.... I'm also thinking RTS to Rapana or someone like that but probably a bit sideways too.

Might hang onto that cash and last trade and just have 5 trades spare for the run home.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:10 am

White Lightning wrote:Here's my dilemma. I have 5 trades so which option do you like:
    (a) Use 2 trades to get Cleary (Klokstad out, Whare in & Lamb out, Cleary in). If I got him I would play him over C. Walker & shift Munster to wfb or
    (b) be prudent, save the trades & just play C. Walker

Current team:
    McInnes (B. Smith)
    Fifita, Wallace, N. Brown (Tualau)
    Surgess, Gallen, Crichton, Taumalolo, Taupau, Elliot
    SJ, Munster (Lamb, Field)
    Croker, Fui (Mitchell, Kelly)
    Edwards, RTS, C. Walker (Klokstad, Sami)

That is a dilemma. I am looking at Cleary in/Munster to WFB via Cotric cash out. I dont think I'd do it if it cost me 2 trades but just my take on it.

Cleary's base stats and no more byes outweighs the inconsistency and potential upcoming team changes. But for some reason I'm hesitant.

Are you bringing Cam back in later out of interest?

Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:11 am

mango wrote:

Wow! All the reports/rumours going around about him being injured put a lot of doubt in peoples heads, myself included.

I was so undecided about my captain choice this week and very tempted to put it on CS9 but chickened out, watch him have a blinder tonight with an 70+

Never in doubt. I knew it, it was all fake news.
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:17 am

Loomer wrote:

Inflated minutes last 2 due to injuries
    Yup, I think he made twice as many tackles in the last 2 games.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:47 pm