NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.COM Fantasy Thread 53

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

2017 NRL.COM Fantasy Thread 53 - Page 46 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.COM Fantasy Thread 53

Post by wolfking Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:54 pm

Game 100 though ended early when he limped off with a calf strain and the devastated prop was nowhere to be seen in the Dragons sheds after the game with even McGregor unable to find him to check in on him immediately after the win. The club remains hopeful a low-grade strain will have him available after the Round 18 bye.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

2017 NRL.COM Fantasy Thread 53 - Page 46 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.COM Fantasy Thread 53

Post by wolfking Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:56 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:Had a 4hr drive this afternoon to ponder my trades for the week. Think I'll go Cotric to Cleary (via walker) and Suli to Whare. Hopefully will have enough to upgrade either friend or McInnes in rd 20, leaving me 4 trades for injuries and somewhat decent cover in most positions

Good looking trades. I'm so torn on Cotric, his price is great for a quick upgrade but such a fun player to watch with a lot of potential.
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:05 pm

Clack Bocks wrote:

If not Pearce then who?

Not sure, someone for cotric, could be mansour, slater, Cleary, Dugan tom turbo, pretty much any centre, winger or half.
    I Currently have
    Johnson, Munster, Walker
    Leilua, Hayne fuimaono
    Rapana, Tedesco, rts, Edwards, cotric.
    I wanna get rid of cotric before he loses more money and his be goes up. I think a really good half would be better as I could move walker down and it would strengthen my bench.
    I could cash out cotric as another option.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:28 pm

Onthebeatpete wrote:

Not sure, someone for cotric, could be mansour, slater, Cleary, Dugan tom turbo, pretty much any centre, winger or half.
    I Currently have
    Johnson, Munster, Walker
    Leilua, Hayne fuimaono
    Rapana, Tedesco, rts, Edwards, cotric.
    I wanna get rid of cotric before he loses more money and his be goes up. I think a really good half would be better as I could move walker down and it would strengthen my bench.
    I could cash out cotric as another option.

Well to me you have more than enough depth as it. You have all the dpp's covered except a wfb/hlf in your wfb's. I would cash out Cotric to a cheap dpp wfb/hlf like Fogarty or you could just get a nuffie basement price one.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:31 pm

Crikey.

870 with 16 players including Vaughan + Brailey.

When is Peter Wallace due back? R20?
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:35 pm

White Lightning wrote:

Well to me you have more than enough depth as it. You have all the dpp's covered except a wfb/hlf in your wfb's. I would cash out Cotric to a cheap dpp wfb/hlf like Fogarty or you could just get a nuffie basement price one.

Cheers mate :-)
    If I cash out cotric, I might be able to bring in surgess instead and maybe Vaughan now down the track instead?
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:38 pm

Who are the players you want in your final team but won't have the cash or trades to do so?
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:39 pm

Finch wrote:Crikey.

870 with 16 players including Vaughan + Brailey.

When is Peter Wallace due back? R20?

Griffin said he's not too far away this week and the NRL site has him back next week or 18.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:48 pm

Moose wrote:Who are the players you want in your final team but won't have the cash or trades to do so?

Taumalolo.

Already have 5 of the best 2rfs in Surgess, Gall, Mannering, Crichton, JDB but they're all commonly held players as is Lolo so if I go for a three 2rf reserves strategy would have to be someone PODdy like Cordner or Papallii after Origin.

Also quite fancy DCE. Would be a luxury trade of RTS - who I'm still not convinced with and is being inflated by random tries - but will think about that for a week and also see if DCE gets Origin without Thurston because extra round of scoring would be a big bonus for that trade.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:55 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Taumalolo.

Already have 5 of the best 2rfs in Surgess, Gall, Mannering, Crichton, JDB but they're all commonly held players as is Lolo so if I go for a three 2rf reserves strategy would have to be someone PODdy like Cordner or Papallii after Origin.

Also quite fancy DCE. Would be a luxury trade of RTS - who I'm still not convinced with and is being inflated by random tries - but will think about that for a week and also see if DCE gets Origin without Thurston because extra round of scoring would be a big bonus for that trade.

I agree with RTS, but everyone has him so it's not a problem really
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:12 pm

What are some risks you could take to reach as high as possible in the rankings?
    I'm in the top 1k for the first time all season after a pretty ordinary year

With 10 trades to go my thoughts were to use 5 or 6 in the next 3 rds to get as close to 17 as possible for rd 18 and 19?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:24 pm

Dttragic2016 wrote:What are some risks you could take to reach as high as possible in the rankings?
    I'm in the top 1k for the first time all season after a pretty ordinary year

With 10 trades to go my thoughts were to use 5 or 6 in the next 3 rds to get as close to 17 as possible for rd 18 and 19?

Yep attack rounds 18 & 19 to try & get as many players as possible.
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:12 pm

Moose wrote:Who are the players you want in your final team but won't have the cash or trades to do so?

Rapana. Although in that sense I have Munster, RTS, Edwards and King Guth in the WFB. Maybe RTS but he's scoring as good as any WFB and you don't want to miss out on his points given literally everyone owns him.

Taupau or Lolo maybe. I can bring one of them in for J Graham or ET (Hopefully not him) but can't afford the other and will have run out of trades by then so they'll only come in for injury to one of the guns.

Although perhaps they can both come in if I can't get Pearce in. I've identified him as a must have for me for the run home but damn he won't come cheap.
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:19 pm

Dttragic2016 wrote:What are some risks you could take to reach as high as possible in the rankings?

Captain Crichton every week and hope he keeps his absurd average up when playing 80 minutes.
    zorasdomain
    zorasdomain

Post by zorasdomain Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:19 pm

Pearce, and Rapana or Mansour. Not enough room for everyone.
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:51 pm

what's everyone's teams looking like for round 17? :-)
    interested to see how good everyones teams are looking!!!

Mine will be

C. Smith,(c)
    J. Paulo, J. Graham
    A. Crichton (vc), J. Taumalolo, S. Burgess, (J. De Belin), (P. Gallen), (N. Brown)
    S. Johnson, C. Munster (C. Walker)
    J. Leilua, J. Hayne
    J. Rapana, J. Tedesco, D. Edwards, (R. Tuivasa Sheck)

Not sure who my 4th reserve should be out of Walker and Tuivasa Sheck but leaning towards RTS.
    Possibly could run with Fuimaono instead of Hayne or Leilua if he starts in the second row again.
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:08 am

Onthebeatpete wrote:what's everyone's teams looking like for round 17? :-)
    interested to see how good everyones teams are looking!!!

Mine will be

C. Smith,(c)
    J. Paulo, J. Graham
    A. Crichton (vc), J. Taumalolo, S. Burgess, (J. De Belin), (P. Gallen), (N. Brown)
    S. Johnson, C. Munster (C. Walker)
    J. Leilua, J. Hayne
    J. Rapana, J. Tedesco, D. Edwards, (R. Tuivasa Sheck)

Not sure who my 4th reserve should be out of Walker and Tuivasa Sheck but leaning towards RTS.
    Possibly could run with Fuimaono instead of Hayne or Leilua if he starts in the second row again.

Playing team. NPR's in brackets
    Smith, McInnes
    Fifi, Graham (Leota, Sele)
    Gal, Mannering, ET, Crichton, Surgess, JDB  
    SJ, A Rey (Nu Brown, Laybutt)
    Cotric, TTrbo (Scott, Fuimaono)
    Edwards, Munster, RTS/King Guth  

Will be in a big dilemma as to whether to play King Guth or not. I plan to keep him all year as a handy back-up but always the chance he goes big over RTS. Edwards seems pretty consistent, big scores without a try constantly.  

Scott and Fuimaono actually make things interesting and had I known Scott would go so big (I didn't and nobody could know) I'd have saved the Sione to Turbo trade. Scott in great form while if Fuimaono starts he's a definite contender.  
    Can probably save a trade on Cotric after all, depending on how team-lists shape up because I was thinking of bringing the Black Widow in.
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:15 am

Johnny B Goode wrote:

Playing team. NPR's in brackets
    Smith, McInnes
    Fifi, Graham (Leota, Sele)
    Gal, Mannering, ET, Crichton, Surgess, JDB  
    SJ, A Rey (Nu Brown, Laybutt)
    Cotric, TTrbo (Scott, Fuimaono)
    Edwards, Munster, RTS/King Guth  

Will be in a big dilemma as to whether to play King Guth or not. I plan to keep him all year as a handy back-up but always the chance he goes big over RTS. Edwards seems pretty consistent, big scores without a try constantly.  

Scott and Fuimaono actually make things interesting and had I known Scott would go so big (I didn't and nobody could know) I'd have saved the Sione to Turbo trade. Scott in great form while if Fuimaono starts he's a definite contender.  
    Can probably save a trade on Cotric after all, depending on how team-lists shape up because I was thinking of bringing the Black Widow in.

nice looking team!!!!,
    I'm in the same boat, have Edwards starting and deciding out of RTS and Walker for 4th reserve.
    Fuimaono a contender to come in for hayne or Leilua. His last 2 scores have been great when starting in the 2nd row.
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:22 am

Looks like the knights have made a few more signings and more to come apparently.
    Ese'ese and Moga along with smelly bowell and Guerra.
    Not a bad looking team for next year, hopefully then can change their luck around.

K. Ponga
    N. Ross
    S. Matautia
    T. Moga
    S. Kenny Dowell
    C. Watson?
    J. Maloney? C. Cronk?? (Not likely)
    D. Saifiti
    D. Levi/R. Kostjasyn
    H. Ese'ese
    A. Guerra
    J. Buhrer
    M. Barnett
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:30 am

Yeah I'm surprised the Broncos let Es'ese go, mind you I read Newy offered him $1.4mill for 3 years. Moga was only on a base contract wasn't he so I'm not surprised he took the decent money offer on the table from Newcastle.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:16 pm