NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 45

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 45 - Page 15 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 45

Post by my tv broke Wed May 31, 2017 8:56 am

I have 19 trades and I was holding Tommy T. Just realised that is a little bit silly when I can direct swap him to Tedesco right now. I think thats the right move.

With a bit of cash still in the kitty I am very tempted to turn Abbey into Edwards. It would give me 17 for this week and the potential to make another 100k out of a player over the next 6 weeks who may fund one of the final upgrades. It does seem like a risk as I'm usually looking only for keepers and or cash outs at this stage and Edwards is neither. The other problem is that  it leaves no DPPs in my WFBs.. though Hayne is a week away from getting that..

It means foregoing Taumololo this week, and McInnes (keep brailey til after rnd 15). At this stage Lolo is my only real target that I've been looking at getting in urgently.

I need to do some calculations re future trades to see how viable this is.

Obviously there are injuries that could occur tonight that affect teams for this weekend so final decisions wont be made until Friday.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 45 - Page 15 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 45

Post by Rapture_NRL Wed May 31, 2017 9:07 am

my tv broke wrote:

I kind of enjoy the disruption to Fantasy, it adds another element and it helps conservatives like me climb up the rankings as I wasn't bold enough to pick TB kings to start the year.

I hate the disruption to club football in general. The comp is a mess for two months, teams lose momentum, combinations chop and change, the quality of football generally drops during origin period. While my team is the Bronx, I'm someone who watches 8 games a week whenever I can, and just enjoy watching high quality footy, no matter who it is.

Totally agree mate!!

I enjoy watching great footy, but even as a Warriors fan watching the boys string together some wins over origin, it's too disruptive. Look at the major bye rounds alone, 8 teams not playing for a mid-week competition.

I would prefer a 16-22 week comp with Origin and rep rounds at the end of the season, and a Kiwis/Aus/Eng tour of some sort. Now that, would be amazing!!
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 31, 2017 9:08 am

my tv broke wrote:I have 19 trades and I was holding Tommy T. Just realised that is a little bit silly when I can direct swap him to Tedesco right now. I think thats the right move.

With a bit of cash still in the kitty I am very tempted to turn Abbey into Edwards. It would give me 17 for this week and the potential to make another 100k out of a player over the next 6 weeks who may fund one of the final upgrades. It does seem like a risk as I'm usually looking only for keepers and or cash outs at this stage and Edwards is neither. The other problem is that  it leaves no DPPs in my WFBs.. though Hayne is a week away from getting that..

It means foregoing Taumololo this week, and McInnes (keep brailey til after rnd 15). At this stage Lolo is my only real target that I've been looking at getting in urgently.

I need to do some calculations re future trades to see how viable this is.

Obviously there are injuries that could occur tonight that affect teams for this weekend so final decisions wont be made until Friday.

My team is not doing the best (mainly cause I stuffed up on Hess and Ponga!), but for what it's worth I seem to have a similar strategy to you and I've brought in Edwards (for Burns) this week, and Merrin too (couldn't afford Lolo).

Edwards provides another round 18 scoring option, but for me also boosts my numbers this week to exactly 17. But I actually think Edwards might be a surprise package. Obviously not your traditional keeper but for a team like mine short on cash (and trades), the upside of him is that he could potentially fill a WFB spot for me for the rest of the year. Im not saying he will, but there is a chance. Penrith to me look like a side well on the improve and he could comfortably score 40+ average.

Could be a terrible move, but I think its worth a punt. I gotta do something different anyway to get something respectable this year. Currently just inside the top 1000 but less trades (now 12) and less money (team + cash value 9.3m) than most from what I can tell.

Plan is to get Lolo next week.

Last edited by Rippin and Tearin on Wed May 31, 2017 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed May 31, 2017 9:12 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Could be a terrible move, but I think its worth a punt. I gotta do something different anyway to get something respectable this year. Currently just inside the top 1000 but less trades and less money than most from what I can tell.

Yeah I think I have to do it. Making two trades in my CTR/WFBs just makes me nervous. On the flipside I played a straight bat last week and brought in Surgess and Graham for a net of 60 pts for the week, so I may as well go down a different route this week.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 31, 2017 9:15 am

my tv broke wrote:

Yeah I think I have to do it. Making two trades in my CTR/WFBs just makes me nervous. On the flipside I played a straight bat last week and brought in Surgess and Graham for a net of 60 pts for the week, so I may as well go down a different route this week.

Yeah that's just very unlucky though. 2 smart trades, but just really awful timing.

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 31, 2017 9:16 am

my tv broke wrote:

It's against the fantasy code, but the ast two years, I have always gone more back heavy as opposedto the forwards and both years my final ranks have been 599 and 504. If you look at my backs I'm already pretty stacked up, but still looking at Edwards. Kid is a gun, if I had the likes of Abbey or Burns with the cash, I'd be getting him in without thinking twice.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed May 31, 2017 9:19 am

wolfking wrote:

As it's been discussed, there's no way he will get picked after Daley's comments this year.  I too would be shocked.

Talking about Vaughn, I had a dream about him last night, but can't remember what the dream was about.  I think I need to get him in my team.

This is fantasy, not dream team.

:pp:
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed May 31, 2017 9:20 am

who's doing the origin match day fantasy? I've just thrown in a selection, went with Smith (C), Fifita, Papalii, Cronk, Chambers, Tedesco.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed May 31, 2017 9:21 am

Thoughts on Sash's team for the week?

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 45 - Page 15 D7553d06293be62538c612f09e37e24e
    2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 45 - Page 15 05c9f48242b46aa2568d0d46b2b6f1fa
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Wed May 31, 2017 9:22 am

Hey guys, looking for a bit of advice!

I'm too broke to upgrade to a solid 2RF, so I decided to nerf two of my CTR/WFBs with the hopes that I can upgrade CHN to a gun next week. Smart move? My forwards look like this atm:

FRF: R James, Vaughan (Yates, Fai)
    2RF:JT, N Brown, Whitehead, CHN (r) (Crichton, Surgess)

I brought Brown in as a gun (scores over 50 at Lock) and wanted to upgrade CHN, but CHN looks like he's starting and I only had 27k before nerfing my CTR/WFBs.. now I have 177k
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed May 31, 2017 9:22 am

wolfking wrote:Are anyone else besides me not really fussed with Origin these days as it just disrupts fantasy too much??? Hurry up and get it over with so we can gets some finalised teams!! What a Face

I've been getting bored with origin over recent years as the non policing of the ruck has made the games incredibly unexciting.

And I don't like the fact that we almost put the NRL on hold for 2 months (whilst somehow simultaneously playing games) to accommodate origin.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 31, 2017 9:24 am

Milchcow wrote:

I've been getting bored with origin over recent years as the non policing of the ruck has made the games incredibly unexciting.

And I don't like the fact that we almost put the NRL on hold for 2 months (whilst somehow simultaneously playing games) to accommodate origin.

I'm gald it's not just me then.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed May 31, 2017 9:25 am

For sash.

CHN and KNik out, Tedesco and Merrin in.
    Unless you want to take a punt on DEdwards
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed May 31, 2017 9:28 am

wolfking wrote:

I'm gald it's not just me then.

I think most diehard type fans would feel the same way. Everyone I seem to talk to does.

Your average punter probably doesn't care, but as milchow said if the games continue to be slow and dire the NRL run the risk of losing your "sometimes" footy viewers, especially as there are no more shoulder charges or punch ons.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 31, 2017 9:28 am

my tv broke wrote:who's doing the origin match day fantasy? I've just thrown in a selection, went with Smith (C), Fifita, Papalii, Cronk, Chambers, Tedesco.

Yeah mate I chuck one in usually. I almost won last year in one round somehow! I'm picking a NSW win so have gone:

Smith (vc), Fifita, McGuire, Pearce, Ferguson, Tedesco (C) - I figure the (c) in Tedesco is a big POD so if he comes off then it'll be gold!
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed May 31, 2017 9:36 am

What about my team:

Smith, McInnes
    Graham, NBrown, Ese'ese, I-Papali'i
    Surgess, Crichton, Gallen, Whitehead, BThompson,Fai
    Johnson, Norman, Walker, Field
    Moga, Leilua, Fuimaono, Scott
    Tedesco, RTS, Hayne, CNK, RJennings

$46k in the kitty.

Currently 4,000th or so. Sad panda this year as I've gone kaput in a big way but will hold in there as always.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 31, 2017 9:39 am

Milchcow wrote:
    For sash.

CHN and KNik out, Tedesco and Merrin in.
    Unless you want to take a punt on DEdwards

I was going to suggest pretty much exactly the same thing: CHN and KNik out, Taumalolo and Edwards in. Leaves cash for following weeks to upgrade if needed.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed May 31, 2017 9:39 am

Milchcow wrote:

Elias summed it up perfectly on nrl36 the other night. Everything is so pc & everyone are friends. Origin use to be exciting because of 1 thing violence. Plus both teams including the coaches are budy, buddy & no one wants to offend each other. What you want to see in the build up is both teams saying they're are going to smash eachother & both teams hating each other. Then when the game is actually on you want to see players getting smashed, knocked out & blood pouring from players heads. Then my friends you have a game.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 31, 2017 9:41 am

filthridden wrote:What about my team:

Smith, McInnes
    Graham, NBrown, Ese'ese, I-Papali'i
    Surgess, Crichton, Gallen, Whitehead, BThompson,Fai
    Johnson, Norman, Walker, Field
    Moga, Leilua, Fuimaono, Scott
    Tedesco, RTS, Hayne, CNK, RJennings

$46k in the kitty.

Currently 4,000th or so. Sad panda this year as I've gone kaput in a big way but will hold in there as always.

You need another half mate, but you might as well hold Norman as look like he's be back next week. Saying that, you'll have to get Fields 2 points. Damn, you're in trouble this week with that forward pack, especially if Brown and Graham are out. Move Brown down to second row so you have three at least and cross your fingers he plays. If not swap him for Merrin. Could take a punt on Edwards also for Jennings I reckon.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 31, 2017 9:43 am

So has everyone pretty much just punted Kaufusi? Seems that way. Not worth holding for byes? Swap him for a gun now?

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:52 pm