NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43 - Page 39 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43

Post by No Worries Thu May 25, 2017 11:49 am

Anyone got spare cash ? Will swap for trades.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43 - Page 39 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43

Post by my tv broke Thu May 25, 2017 11:50 am

my tv broke wrote:

team flies today I believe. Reckon Milf could fly tomorrow no problems.. wonder if he would fly game day if given the clearance?

Cancel all this. JT has just been officially ruled out for origin - http://www.qrl.com.au/news/2017/05/25/injury_update_johnat.html
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu May 25, 2017 11:52 am

my tv broke wrote:I am starting to have serious doubts about trading Smith to Friend. His scoring really worries me and its only two bye rounds where Watson won't be on the bench. What if Watson performs well in those games, does he earn more time on the field when they're at full strength?

Friend cracked 50 two weeks in a row but both had tries, other than that his scoring is fairly unappealing this season.

Whats the story with Lindsay Collins? He was 18th man last week, can he score 2 x 20pts over the two big byes that the Roosters play? I still have Musgrove who doesn't seem to be favoured by madge.. and Jason Clark is still injured too, whens he back? May push Musgrove back further? Never know when Sutton will be back in the forwards too. So at this stage we can assume that Musgrove is netting me 0 points..

If Smith plays 4 games over the next 8 at an average of 60 thats 240 points.
    Friend plays 6 games over the next 8 at an average of 50, thats 300 points
    If i trade Musgrove to Collins (rather than Smith to friend), and Collins scores 2 x 20 pts over the big byes, thats 40 points.
    Smith + Collins - 280 pts - (cost:1 trade. nets cash for upgrades)
    Friend - 300pts  (cost: 2 trades. may make a little cash off friend.. may not).

The reason I need the cash this week is to turn CHN into SURGESS.

Smith is also a reliable captain choice for the games he plays. I have captained Smith every week this season. That said in rnd 13 they play the Knights and it worries me that storm will flog them and he'll get an early mark.

Am I missing anything else?  Any other FRF cheapies likely to score better over two big bye rounds? (can't spot any). I think I have to accept that Musgrove is probably dead to me which makes it all the more appealing to just trade him to Collins..

I posted this before but for me the clincher on Smith too Friend was the opportunity cost of the $140k which would otherwise be tied up in Smith for the next 9 rounds. You put that into upgrading another player then in theory you get another ~14 points per round out of that guy too for 7 of the next 9 rounds. Thats how I look at it anyway. Thats ~100 points. Im questioning my logic now, is there anything wrong with what I am saying?

Last edited by Rippin and Tearin on Thu May 25, 2017 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu May 25, 2017 11:53 am

my tv broke wrote:

Cancel all this. JT has just been officially ruled out for origin - http://www.qrl.com.au/news/2017/05/25/injury_update_johnat.html

Thanks mate. Not great for Milf owners but at least its clarity!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu May 25, 2017 11:55 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

I posted this before but for me the clincher on Smith too Friend was the opportunity cost of the $140k which would otherwise be tied up in Smith for the next 9 rounds. You put that into upgrading another play then in theory you get another ~14 points per round out of that guy too for 7 of the next 9 rounds. Thats how I look at it anyway. Thats ~100 points. Im questioning my logic now, is there anything wrong with what I am saying?

Well assuming you want Smith back in R20, you'll need to make sure you can find the cash to upgrade.

But otherwise, yes, the extra cash from Smith to Friend can help elsewhere.
    In my case, Lamb - SJ
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu May 25, 2017 11:56 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:
    I posted this before but for me the clincher on Smith too Friend was the opportunity cost of the $140k which would otherwise be tied up in Smith for the next 9 rounds. You put that into upgrading another player then in theory you get another ~14 points per round out of that guy too for 7 of the next 9 rounds. Thats how I look at it anyway. Thats ~100 points. Im questioning my logic now, is there anything wrong with what I am saying?

Good point. Though you still have to find that 140k to get Smith back in rnd 19. I guess its all about timing (eg another cash out somewhere else to fund it). Friend may well bridge the gap, maybe you only need 80 to 100k to get Smith back. (i'm working off the theory he won't though).

The thing that makes it appealing for me is Musgrove. He's sitting there doing nothing for me. Who knows. He may win a spot back next week. He may not. He's not in my 17 and not making any money either.

Maybe Collins is useless too, but if he can get 40 pts in the big byes it does help negate the points loss of holding Smith. I know nothing about those other guys in the 17 to 21 for the Roosters so they may leapfrog Collins too.

Last edited by my tv broke on Thu May 25, 2017 12:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu May 25, 2017 11:58 am

Anyone that had hopes of Milford playing for the Broncs this Saturday can forget it.

Thurston confirmed out of Origin 1.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Thu May 25, 2017 11:58 am

Got a laugh out of this bit of State of Origin merch:
    2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43 - Page 39 50160-state-of-origin-connect-4-2000
    Bit harsh on whoever plays as NSW - they can't even connect 2, let alone 4. Lucky it's not connect 8-in-a-row I guess  Razz
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu May 25, 2017 11:58 am

my tv broke wrote:

The more important part there for most people will be that Wallace is now 18th man.
    Expect if QLD lose on the back of a poor forward display, he'll be straight in the team for game 2.

Lillyman must be on notice.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu May 25, 2017 12:00 pm

filthridden wrote:

The more important part there for most people will be that Wallace is now 18th man.
    Expect if QLD lose on the back of a poor forward display, he'll be straight in the team for game 2.

Lillyman must be on notice.

I think Myles would be the first to go, wouldn't he?

Either way, in my opinion Wallace shoudl be in the 17 for game one.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu May 25, 2017 12:04 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Kaufusi is a useful bye player. And if you can handle him dropping a bit of cash, he might be worth holding him for points in 15 + 18.

With Ponga, got are really sweating on a Coote injury for him to play again, so I'd ditch him first

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

I'd go Ponga mate - I personally don't think he should have ever been a hold once he lost the Fullback roll (hindsight a beautiful thing there though). Way too much $ tied up in a player on the hope Coote suffers another injury. Injury aside he could start round 15 and score 50 say, but in the mean time you could be using all that cash tied up in him to score ~40 points per round...

In saying that I posted before why I reckon CHN is a sell too, so I'd lose him next week.

Kaufusi I think could be worth a hold simply cause of his bye schedule. But it looks like he has lost his 80 min roll and if so will bleed cash through to round 18.You'd have to work out whether the bye round points (given the balance of your side) is worth holding for at the expense of lost $. I personally sold him last week as his value had got to the point where you could almost bring anyone in for him.... That won't likely be the case for that much longer.

Thanks fellas.  Was leaning towards Ponga.  Semi playing all 3 big byes is a huge plus, and happy to gamble on him.  Was going to keep Ponga to go Nofo in a couple of weeks, but might fuck off RTS instead if he doesn't pull his finger out of his ass.  Kaufusi I thought about holding, but will reasses next week.  Was going to go him to Tolo and Brailey to McInnes, but won't have enough if I trade CHN to Tolo instead and keep Kaufusi.  Could cashout Kelly but don't want to use 3 trades.

EDIT: Even though I've held Ponga, I don't see him starting in round 15. Coote at the back, Bowen for O'Neil, GGM if need be, and Asiata/Thompson/Hampton. 2 in the halves, 1 on the bench. Hess/Cooper/Lowe/Fensom still available, and Spina or even Jensen will start when Asiata gets moved.

Last edited by wolfking on Thu May 25, 2017 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu May 25, 2017 12:05 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I think Myles would be the first to go, wouldn't he?

Either way, in my opinion Wallace shoudl be in the 17 for game one.

Depends on both their performances I guess, but both should be gone, Guerra too. Papa out only hope I reckon here.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu May 25, 2017 12:13 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Well assuming you want Smith back in R20, you'll need to make sure you can find the cash to upgrade.

But otherwise, yes, the extra cash from Smith to Friend can help elsewhere.
    In my case, Lamb - SJ

Yup absolutely. But to be honest Im not concerned about that at all. I reckon if you have traded well for the byes then you'll have several guys you can cash out which will easily cover the cost of getting Smith back. For me that's guys like Fuimaono, Elliot, even guys like CNK and MWZ might be able to cover it.

I also think if you are bringing in Friend you are bringing him in on the premise he'll be scoring > his ave - so he will (should) make money too.

Then the last thing is you gotta make sure you have enough trades, but that's already been brought up.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu May 25, 2017 12:24 pm

By the way - its a repost but any thoughts on the following:
    Ive not been spending too much time on my team but wondering what you guys think of my trades for this week?

I took a punt last week and cashed out a couple players leaving ~550k on the sidelines, got lucky and still got 870.

here's my team as it stands:

Smith Brailey
    Tolman Fai Wallace McGuire
    Surgess Chricton JDB Whitehead Elliot Fuimaono
    Cleary Munster CNK Fogerty
    SMat D Walker R Jennings Kelly
    Slater RTS Suli Burns MWZ

Currently have trades pencilled in of:
    Jennings to Gallen via Fuimaono
    Fogerty to Walker
    Smith to Friend

Leaves 55k for next week where I plan to bring in Merrin for Whitehead.

Does that look ok or does someone have a better alternative??
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu May 25, 2017 12:41 pm

Would it be worth going Burns to Walker instead? More cash then you have that DPP with Walker which might come in handy over some bye rounds.

Not a fan of Smith to Friend but the cash you save makes sense, and I respect anyone with the balls to go through with it.

I still have Kelly there too and kind of accepting the fact he might have to stay for a while.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu May 25, 2017 12:52 pm

So looking at the Bulldogs pack & bench this week I think I'll get Asipeli Fine as my cash out instead of Tualau. They have Kasiano & Tualau on the bench who will spell Tolman, J. Graham & Fualalo so I don't think Tualau will get many minutes as both Tolman & J. Graham can play big minutes. Elliot will play 80 minutes in the 2fr but Eastwood I'd imagine will be spelled by Fine & get decent minutes & more minutes than Tualau. Also with Klemmer & J. Jackson playing origin then if they are rested in round 13 or if they are injured during origin I think Fine is much more of a chance to grab a bench spot in round 13 than Tualau is. Thoughts.

I think 1 of my trades this week will be Idris out & Fine in.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu May 25, 2017 1:04 pm

Chris Garry‏Verified account @ChrisGarry7 16m16 minutes ago
    Breaking: Thurston also in doubt for Origin 2. Hoping to play round 15. As @7NewsQueensland reported a 6-8 week injury.

All very confusing, isn't it?
    pm888
    pm888

Post by pm888 Thu May 25, 2017 1:07 pm

if you think eastwood wont play 80. then fualalo is the better prospect.

however i think that eastwood will have the big minutes and fualalo and fine will share their role at lock. the dogs play late sunday and then monday the following week so there is time to rest for jackson and klemmer.

in saying that im guessing tualau for 20-30 and fine for 30-40 mins. i would take fine over tualau
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu May 25, 2017 1:07 pm

my tv broke wrote:Chris Garry‏Verified account @ChrisGarry7  16m16 minutes ago
    Breaking: Thurston also in doubt for Origin 2. Hoping to play round 15. As @7NewsQueensland reported a 6-8 week injury.

All very confusing, isn't it?

He was almost 100% before the last Cowboys game now it's 6-8 weeks? How can he play round 15 when he will be in camp?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu May 25, 2017 1:14 pm

pm888 wrote:if you think eastwood wont play 80. then fualalo is the better prospect.

however i think that eastwood will have the big minutes and fualalo and fine will share their role at lock. the dogs play late sunday and then monday the following week so there is time to rest for jackson and klemmer.

in saying that im guessing tualau for 20-30 and fine for 30-40 mins. i would take fine over tualau

Yeah that's why I think out of all the low dollar players like Tualau, Fai, Collins that Fine is the better choice because he'll play the more minutes & the fact that he's a ctr in fantasy is probably the lowest priced cash out who will play 2 of the big bye rounds & then disappear with no a.e. problems.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:12 am