NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 40

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 40 - Page 40 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 40

Post by White Lightning Mon May 15, 2017 8:20 pm

Honey Badger wrote:

Will these be your final two hookers or will you buy Smith back?

I'd buy Smith back.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 40 - Page 40 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 40

Post by standard-issue Mon May 15, 2017 8:20 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Archer wrote:
    What's your trades like LB, from memory you're on a real slats so far this season right?
    Haha I'm doing a reverse slats. I don't een remember slats as a poster but he seems to be a legendary trade burner. Have 24 pre trading buddy

To sum Slats up: traded every week; always reckoned his Cowboys got ripped in the draw; him and Rabs were best mates...
    Panthers Suck
    Panthers Suck

Post by Panthers Suck Mon May 15, 2017 8:22 pm

Is replacing Brailey with Friend a good idea? I would assume Friend would score 10 points more every week and gives me a solid reserve for non-bye weeks. Also should get more minutes during the origin period. Only 87k to do the swap.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Mon May 15, 2017 8:23 pm

Johnny B Goode wrote:

I've heard this a lot but really I think until there's concrete proof he's going it's not going to happen for a reason or two. First of all the Tigers aren't going to let somebody under contract go to another team and benefit them unless they get something in return. A few fringe players or whatever, they're not going to give him up for free especially since the Warriors knocked back an early release for Lolohea.  

Ah actually that's the only reason I can think of. The Tigers can demote Moses to reserve grade if they want, there's no sense in giving him up to another team though if they get no compensation for it.  

I read on twitter that Lolohea will be a tiger within 3 weeks so im assuming Warriors are getting TMM.

Ive kept moses incase he does go to para purely based on byes. If he does go and with norman out hopefully he can improve his scoring (and learn to tackle)

Post by Guest Mon May 15, 2017 8:24 pm

Fortitude wrote:

I don't want to be all SJW here, but he has every right to not play on sundays if its religious conviction. (The reason we have a Monday to Friday working week actually goes hand in hand with this)

Employers of any type of job are required to make reasonable adjustment for religion, disability, gender all those sorts of things. Working a 9-5 job doesn't change your right to make these sort of demands.

The issue is you cant pick and choose when it suits you and when it doesn't. If you do start to pick and chose you run the risk of looking like a fucking hypocritical douchebag.

Bulldogs should make a stand, cut his salary by a certain percentage and not allow him to play sundays, in line with his previous demands. That way, they are being "PC" and tolerant of religious difference, and in the process likely discourage others from trying to pull the religion card.

You started out all SJW, then ended like Donald Trump. I like that. Duology.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon May 15, 2017 8:27 pm

danseels1985 wrote:
    SI wrote:

Whobis your other hooker? It's an interesting scenario but are you going to have no hookrrs in some bye rounds?

McInnes. Yeah that's what I was thinking,yes it would leave me short for the bye rounds but I could always bring in smith again later. I'm just not sure if it's worth it

Koro just has too many crap scores in him for my liking mate.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon May 15, 2017 8:32 pm

any news on Jayne?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon May 15, 2017 8:37 pm

Trades this week until I change my mind:
    Ponga out - Croker in (via R. Jennings)
    Talakai out - L. Mitchell in

Smith (Cook)
    Fifita, N. Brown, Wallace (F. Kaufusi)
    Gallen, Surgess, JDB, Crichton, CHN, Elliot
    SJ, Lamb (Field, Klokstad)
    Croker, Mitchell (Idris, Kelly)
    RTS, Slater, Cotric (R. Jennings, Abbey)

If Field is named to start against the Warriors I might start him over Lamb because I think he could get a try with his wicked acceleration against a Warriors defense that does have some holes. Also the Dragons are the Warriors bogey side. Thoughts & thanks.
    pm888
    pm888

Post by pm888 Mon May 15, 2017 8:43 pm

White Lightning wrote:Trades this week until I change my mind:

Smith (Cook)

If Field is named to start against the Warriors I might start him over Lamb because I think he could get a try with his wicked acceleration against a Warriors defense that does have some holes. Also the Dragons are the Warriors bogey side. Thoughts & thanks.

not interested in idris to fui? hes got a negative b/e and will likely play byes (pending team lists)

i would put aubs above mitchell, but thats a personal preference after being burned earlier this year.

Post by Guest Mon May 15, 2017 8:46 pm

Honey Badger wrote:

I read on twitter that Lolohea will be a tiger within 3 weeks so im assuming Warriors are getting TMM.

Ive kept moses incase he does go to para purely based on byes. If he does go and with norman out hopefully he can improve his scoring (and learn to tackle)

TMM to the warriors too??

Bahh what a merry-go-round
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon May 15, 2017 8:46 pm

Yeah, have gone Idris to Fui myself. I don't think you can lose, unless he doesn't play another game. Then you lose the 20k or whatever from not cashing out to a nuffie, but that's it.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon May 15, 2017 8:49 pm

pm888 wrote:

not interested in idris to fui? hes got a negative b/e and will likely play byes (pending team lists)

i would put aubs above mitchell, but thats a personal preference after being burned earlier this year.

Can't afford Aubs but I think Mitchell has had his kick up the ass, played himself into form & I'm hoping he'll keep his form up. I agree with you because he relies on attacking stats & has poor base stats but in an attack minded team like the Roosters hopefully he won't have to rely on his base stats. I did consider Fui but he'll start on the bench & maybe get 20-30 minutes & if I buy him I'll have to start him.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Mon May 15, 2017 8:53 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Haha I'm doing a reverse slats. I don't een remember slats as a poster but he seems to be a legendary trade burner. Have 24 pre trading buddy
    Ah right, well that change things a little, you can afford to trade out all three if you want (Though I've personally already stated I'll be holding Norman, I've also got far less trades though). 

The way i see it you have two options:
    1) Trade out both Norman and TTurbo this week, because you value points and that sort of cash sitting on the pine means you are missing a hefty amount of points you'd get from their replacements, but this means Kelly is likely to drop in price which is something you'll have to live with.
    2)You're happy to take a hit in your points for the sake of cash, trade out Kelly before he loses cash and then decide which of your backups for TTurbo/Norman is going to do better this one week (Eg something like Frawley vs Cotric) to determine the other trade.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon May 15, 2017 8:54 pm

SI wrote:Yeah, have gone Idris to Fui myself.  I don't think you can lose, unless he doesn't play another game.  Then you lose the 20k or whatever from not cashing out to a nuffie, but that's it.  

If I do that I'll have to start him & he might only score 15-20 points. He's up against the Storm this week & I can't see him getting the amount of tb's against the Storm that he did against the Tigers. That trade is excellent if you don't have to play him.
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Mon May 15, 2017 8:59 pm

White Lightning wrote:Trades this week until I change my mind:

Smith (Cook)

I like it. Ive carried field for a long time, and always thought that if he got a start, I'd be tempted to put the R on him for a punt. Depending on how my other current reserves and TLT go, I may end up rolling the dice.

Over Lamb is not a bad bet. I'd expect Hodkinson back soon (as long as he broke it off with Browny's missus). So Lamb could take a hit soon. On the other hand Knights could be starting their run to the top 8 and fire up off the back of their win. Both Lamb and Field could be boom or bust options.

Not sure if you have funds, but I assume you can't bring in Walker instead of Mitchell? or get Cotric up in CTRs to bring in Walker? That would give a handy DPP with CNK

Last edited by BroncHose on Mon May 15, 2017 9:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Showbags
    Showbags

Post by Showbags Mon May 15, 2017 9:01 pm

Reason aubs never played out game? Have him but he is looking less and less like a ctr keeper
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon May 15, 2017 9:02 pm

White Lightning wrote:
    SI wrote:Yeah, have gone Idris to Fui myself.  I don't think you can lose, unless he doesn't play another game.  Then you lose the 20k or whatever from not cashing out to a nuffie, but that's it.  

If I do that I'll have to start him & he might only score 15-20 points. He's up against the Storm this week & I can't see him getting the amount of tb's against the Storm that he did against the Tigers. That trade is excellent if you don't have to play him.

Oh yeah, you need 2 Centres don't you?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon May 15, 2017 9:06 pm

BroncHose wrote:

I like it. Ive carried field for a long time, and always thought that if he got a start, I'd be tempted to put the R on him for a punt. Depending on how my other current reserves and TLT go, I may end up rolling the dice.

Over Lamb is not a bad bet. I'd expect Hodkinson back soon (as long as he broke it off with Browny's missus). So Lamb could take a hit soon. On the other hand Knights could be starting their run to the top 8 and fire up off the back of their win. Both Lamb and Field could be boom or bust options.

Not sure if you have funds, but I assume you can't bring in Walker instead of Mitchell? or get Cotric up in CTRs to bring in Walker?

In round 12 Slater becomes C. Walker. I think I can wait on him for a week as he has a b/e of 43 & he's up against the Storm whose defense is much stronger than the Tigers. He could possibly score well but I don't think his price will go up that much. I could of got him this week but my ctrs were my first priority. I'm still a bit iffy on Mitchell due to his poor base stats but hopefully those will improve since he's had his reality check.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon May 15, 2017 9:06 pm

Showbags wrote:Reason aubs never played out game? Have him but he is looking less and less like a ctr keeper
    head knock with 15 minutes to go mate
    pm888
    pm888

Post by pm888 Mon May 15, 2017 9:10 pm

Welshy wrote:any news on Jayne?

"Travis Meyn @travismeyn
    Word from Titans sheds is Jarryd Hayne knee injury not serious. Copped a hit to a nerve and foot went dead, hence why he fell over. #nrl"

this guy makes it sound like hayne stubbed his toe. shuold be back though

hopefully he returns to fb soon enough and gets more involved

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:03 am