NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 39

Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 39 - Page 34 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 39

Post by Johnny B Goode Fri May 12, 2017 12:34 pm

AL wrote:Anyone have less than 17 trades left? Asking for a friend. What a Face

No but I have 18 left. Will reverse the Rennings to Fuimaono trade if he doesn't make the side for whatever reason but otherwise I'm burning through them.
    mango
    mango

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 39 - Page 34 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 39

Post by mango Fri May 12, 2017 12:35 pm

OnTheLast wrote:

Shocked

Look at them reserves! The rest of us should give up now and come back next year!

and yes that banner is a bastard. Do we have to join the army to get rid of that banner? Cause I'll do it.

It's funny how when you look at other peoples teams on here they always look better than our own. Some of the guys here are building some insanely nice teams and climbing the rankings quickly, Warroirs and Onthebeatpete
    are a couple off the top of my head.

I'm a bit paranoid with my team at the moment, more red dots are appearing than I would like but hopefully I can stay there abouts with some luck.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri May 12, 2017 12:37 pm

mango wrote:Morning lads,

After some opinions, with Cody Walker supposedly moving to fullback, would it be better to play him in my 13 and leave KNik to fight it out for a spot in my reserves?

If I do play Walker, three of my reserves will be McGuire, Chricton and F.Kaufusi, so for my last one who do I pick out of CHN, Brailey, KNik and I'll even throw Hayne in there? Thanks lads.

On a side note, anyone else having trouble with the army banner covering up a portion of the fantasy website on the right hand side, really annoying! Only noticed it on my phone when accessing the player stats last night, it covers up some of the stats on the right hand side.

Yvan Eht Nioj
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Fri May 12, 2017 12:42 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Yvan Eht Nioj

Niarb Ttub-yggic
    itsJay
    itsJay

Post by itsJay Fri May 12, 2017 12:52 pm

wolfking wrote:

MWZ is a WFB only.

Johnny B Goode wrote:

Yes I'd use CNK to move things around. Point is it would it be a good trade or not

All Tigers centers seem to score pretty decently. Also this isn't the bunnies so I'd assume MWZ will have the spot locked in as long as he is injury free
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri May 12, 2017 12:53 pm

Apparently James Roberts didn't complete today's field session so has failed to prove his fitness.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Fri May 12, 2017 1:12 pm

mango wrote:

It's funny how when you look at other peoples teams on here they always look better than our own. Some of the guys here are building some insanely nice teams and climbing the rankings quickly, Warroirs and Onthebeatpete

I'm a bit paranoid with my team at the moment, more red dots are appearing than I would like but hopefully I can stay there abouts with some luck.

Ive OTBP in H2H this week. #prayforfuxtain
    OnTheLast
    OnTheLast

Post by OnTheLast Fri May 12, 2017 1:27 pm

My goal this season (which I just thought of in round 8 ) is to experiment with burning trades during the byes, trading keepers if I have to to suit byes, and come out of the byes with 8-9 trades left. A key part of this theory is it helps to have 25 trades still left after this week.

For example I'm prepared to trade Brown out in R16, who Ive just bought, to go to a Taupau or a Bulldog/Storm/Rooster player to get that extra player. Or ping RTS in R14 to get Munster etc etc...

It's fail proof planning

Stoned
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Fri May 12, 2017 1:28 pm

mango wrote:

It's funny how when you look at other peoples teams on here they always look better than our own. Some of the guys here are building some insanely nice teams and climbing the rankings quickly, Warriors and Onthebeatpete

Your team is great mate. Have you just benched Ponga and played Hayne? You have five red dots mate. Two happened just now due to injury (Rennings and Idris) and Ponga has served you well (I moved him on for Munster this week), Papalli you started with (probably not worth wasting a trade on) and Fogerty serves a purpose so not as bad as being stuck with TRD/Abbey etc although Abbey probably gets a game or 2 over origin.

I have Leota = Papalli, DEdwards = Rennings, Idris = Idris, and Fogerty>TRD because he is DPP. The thing that annoys me the most is I started with Leota and Papalli when I could have easily had Ese Ese, AElliot, Tetevano, PKaufusi etc.
    although ese ese is the only one that has really done anything until recently (AElliot).

I feel as though having the correct back 5 after origin will make or break the season. e.g Mansour, Rapana, Teddy, Nofo, CWalker, Croker, Tturbo, RTS, DWalker, Peachey whoever just goes boom and averages 60 from round 20 onwards. Feel teams draws have a huge part to play and teams like the Panthers/Sea Eagles/Raiders could really score well.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri May 12, 2017 1:29 pm

luckynumber8 wrote:That being said, MWZ or Fuimaono a better cashout?

These are some the questions you need to ask yourself.

Who has better job security for their club side (possibly MWZ, but its a bit of an unknown really)

Who will score better, assuming they both play.

Will MWZ or Fuimaono ever be in your playing 17?

Do I plan on cashing them out again later in the year, or are they in my team for the long haul

Which has a better position for my team? Fui is CTR/2RF. MWZ WFB only for now, but if he does get long term starting centre then he'll be DPP in a month.

I was originally planning on Fui - just because I'd rather a CTR than a WFB and I wasn't planning on ever having either in my 17 other than bye weeks - where Fui is better (if he plays)
    But if MWZ is going to stick around longer and eventually get DPP - I'm starting to tend towards him. Have a bout 7 hours to decide.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri May 12, 2017 1:32 pm

The reason the Cowboys won last night. Apparently Green really flogged the players at training during the week. To quote some poster on a Cowboys forum "he put the boys through a week of hell at training." They obviously didn't want to go through that again haha.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Fri May 12, 2017 1:43 pm

White Lightning wrote:The reason the Cowboys won last night. Apparently Green really flogged the players at training during the week. To quote some poster on a Cowboys forum "he put the boys through a week of hell at training." They obviously didn't want to go through that again haha.

Yeah it became apparent they were just mentally up for the game, line speed was great, talk was evident, forwards got good go-forward, gave Morgan time and they just ground the dogs down and played simple and effective.
    Dogs had no answer on attack and only really got going when Lolo went off with the game gone (think he came back on at the end), which coincided with Tolman also going off and not stifling their attack. About the same time as Ethan Lowe also went off for the game so the defense wasn't quite as good. The dogs 6,7 and 9 were awful, Lichaa's passes were very slow and inaccurate (also mostly left), and the halves weren't running onto the ball and didn't take the line on at all, just shovelled shit.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri May 12, 2017 1:45 pm

It's a shame Lowe only played 60 odd minutes. He has the potential to become a gun again if he retained the 80 minute role.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Fri May 12, 2017 1:49 pm

Talakai has a red dot. Is he confirmed dropped already?
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Fri May 12, 2017 1:53 pm

From the Foxsports late mail;

Late Mail: A Bunnies backline reshuffle will see Alex Johnston move to the wing, Braidon Burns and Siosifa Talakai make way. Cody Walker will shift to the back, John Sutton into the halves and Jason Clark likely elevated to the starting side. Aaron Gray and Tyrell Fuimaono will also start out wide.

How does this even work? If Walker goes back, AJ to wing for Burns, Goodwin other wing, HHunt centre, Gray centre, surely Fuimaono just takes Cameron Murray's bench spot or starts depending on where Surgess/Turner/Clark play.

For me given Sutton goes to half, I think it guarantees Chricton big 70+ minutes as the big minute second rower. Does Surgess/Turner start on the edge or will Fuimaono?

Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Fri May 12, 2017 1:55 pm

Loomer wrote:Talakai has a red dot. Is he confirmed dropped already?

Yup, him and C Murray dropped out of 19.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri May 12, 2017 1:56 pm

Yeah I noticed in the 2nd half Mybe gave Lichaa a serve when his service out of dummy half was slow. Mbye was kicking on the last tackle & by the time Lichaa had passed him the ball the defense was right up into his face. This isn't the first he's given Lichaa a serve either. I remember last year he abused him on the field when Lichaa through a shocking pass out of dummy half on the last tackle.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Fri May 12, 2017 1:56 pm

FWIW: Apparently Matulino starting Lock, Vatuvei in the team for Ken Maumalo (Yes!!!!)
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri May 12, 2017 1:56 pm

Loomer wrote:Talakai has a red dot. Is he confirmed dropped already?

Talakai and Cameron Murray dropped from squad last night.

Souths website lists Gray as starting centre. No other team changes (yet)
    Feline
    Feline

Post by Feline Fri May 12, 2017 2:02 pm

luckynumber8 wrote:Yes, i definitely think mwz is a better option due to the situation. It kinda fell into his lap with Idris hurting himself. TF is a beast but he won't be getting the game time.

I am worried that he is not a direct replacement for Idris, and he will not be there long term.

Fuimaono has the chance to go big. All a bit confusing at the moment. Final team lists will help.

I am thinking that one of them this week and the other the next to replace Kelly and Talakai as cash outs and to boost my half options.

.Might I say that my Tyrone May cash out has proved to be one of the most useful moves I have made this year. Gives a lot of flexibility

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 6:34 pm