NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 39

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 39 - Page 9 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 39

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu May 11, 2017 9:01 am

my tv broke wrote:How many of you map out your trades from this point on to end of byes (planning for the best) ?

In 5+ years of fantasy I've never done any real bye planning, other than to make trades "with byes in mind" but only really look ahead a week or two at a time.

I am (first year). I'll let you know how that plays out for me.

My goal is to get as close to 17 on the field each round as I can which also means minimising the NPRs in certain weeks. But to be honest the focus ultimately is not on the number of players, rather the number of projected points. Based on some posts I question whether the focus for some people is people on the park without having a good look at what those people will actually contribute to overall points?

Part of the strategy involves making some key trades at various stages. I.e. Whitehead to Lolo after 12. Basically trading in Guns once their remaining schedule becomes 'bye friendly'. A couple Storm guys in particular fit that bill post round 12 as well! another part is really searching for bye friendly cash-outs that might add a few more points to the tricky rounds (Fuimaono may turn out to be a good example).

All that said I have never done this before so it remains to be seen if Im putting too much emphasis on this (or not).
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 39 - Page 9 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 39

Post by wolfking Thu May 11, 2017 9:02 am

Team this week;

Smith Brailey
    Fifita Wallace Kaufusi Yates
    Surgess Brown Bodene Crichton CHN Winterstein
    Norman Niko Frawley Lamb
    SMat Turbo Idris Kelly
    RTS Slater Cotric Ponga Suli

That's after 1 trade of Hess to Brown. So 23 trades left and 40K. Not sure about the fourth reserve yet and looking at Winterstein to Elliot. Possibly Ponga out next week but Graham on the radar too.

Can anyone see anything better? Cheers.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Thu May 11, 2017 9:06 am

wolfking wrote:Team this week;

Smith Brailey
    Norman Niko Frawley Lamb
    SMat Turbo Idris Kelly

That's after 1 trade of Hess to Brown.  So 23 trades left and 40K.  Not sure about the fourth reserve yet and looking at Winterstein to Elliot.  Possibly Ponga out next week but Graham on the radar too.

Can anyone see anything better?  Cheers.

Crazy how similar our teams are. Looking good!
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu May 11, 2017 9:07 am

Spectre wrote:

Crazy how similar our teams are. Looking good!

Thanks man!
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Thu May 11, 2017 9:07 am

my tv broke wrote:How many of you map out your trades from this point on to end of byes (planning for the best) ?

In 5+ years of fantasy I've never done any real bye planning, other than to make trades "with byes in mind" but only really look ahead a week or two at a time.

I never have, but I'm a firm believer in never trading out a gun. So when trading I only look at players with no chance of being in my final 17 and moving the other pieces around.

Will likely hold Fifita, Smith, McGuire and Slater this year. Don't seem to be any other viable options that I can't get in other ways.

Unless of course you are someone who has saved trades.

Prefer to look at my collective score for round 12,13. No point having too many Sharks/Rabbits in round 12 to then score shit in round 13 having to play people like Moses Leota (if he plays) just to get a 17.
    Would prefer to have Whitehead/BT/Graham etc for first part of byes than Surgess, Gallen. Can go former to the later after round 13.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Thu May 11, 2017 9:10 am

Rabbit wrote:Personally I'd wait a week on Fuimauno. He has been playing centre at Norths. He won't go up by much even if he kills it and they also have another rookie in Cam Murray sorting out his spot in the team. Seems risky bringing him in this week.

Maybe risky only because he could be out of team next week, but as a cash out there really is no risk as he's as good chance as any to play round 12, 15 and 18 than any other bottom priced player. No brainer if that's what you need to do to get a gun in with your other trade.
    OnTheLast
    OnTheLast

Post by OnTheLast Thu May 11, 2017 9:13 am

Hi guys, have 26 trades left, 4k salary, anyone see anything urgent this week?

Smith (Brailey)
    Fifita, Kaufusi, (Tetevano Hoare)
    JDB, Crichton, Whitehead, (Mannering Stone Yates)
    Norman, Niko (Frawley Fogerty)
    Leilua, Turbo (Cotric Suli)
    RTS, Hayne, Slater (Ponga, Edwards)

Planning Round 11:
    Fifita - Surgess
    Slater/Ponga - CWalker

Round 12:
    Yates - Fuimaona
    Stone - Brown

itsJay
    itsJay

Post by itsJay Thu May 11, 2017 9:24 am

wolfking wrote:Team this week;

Smith Brailey
    Norman Niko Frawley Lamb
    SMat Turbo Idris Kelly

That's after 1 trade of Hess to Brown.  So 23 trades left and 40K.  Not sure about the fourth reserve yet and looking at Winterstein to Elliot.  Possibly Ponga out next week but Graham on the radar too.

Can anyone see anything better?  Cheers.

May aswell dump Ponga this week for cash/Hayne. That'll give you cash next week to upgrade Lamb for a gun half
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu May 11, 2017 9:28 am

everyones starting to get the same players, feels like its time for a POD. but who?
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Thu May 11, 2017 9:31 am

There's no one in my team that needs to be urgently sold. CHN has a couple weeks at least, Jennings and Idris aren't playing, and the rest aren't losing me money.

But is there anyone who I should really look to bring in this week? I have 25 trades and it feels like too many to have at this point.

I really want Brown but I can't see how he fits without losing Fifita/McGuire/Wallace/CHN
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu May 11, 2017 9:34 am

Rabbit wrote:Personally I'd wait a week on Fuimauno. He has been playing centre at Norths. He won't go up by much even if he kills it and they also have another rookie in Cam Murray sorting out his spot in the team. Seems risky bringing him in this week.

Madge sounded like he had a soft spot for Murray in the Presser after the Broncs match as well.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Thu May 11, 2017 9:39 am

my tv broke wrote:everyones starting to get the same players, feels like its time for a POD. but who?

Mansour in a few weeks apparently.
    TKO
    Will Hopoate
    Jack Bird
    Euan Aitken
    Nathan Cleary
    Ethan Lowe
    Martin Taupau
    Dale Finucane
    Aiden Tolman
    Jake Friend
    Nathan Peats

A few may make my side. Probably more chance of Taupau, Cleary and Mansour making an appearance after round 15.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Thu May 11, 2017 9:40 am

Spectre wrote:There's no one in my team that needs to be urgently sold. CHN has a couple weeks at least, Jennings and Idris aren't playing, and the rest aren't losing me money.

But is there anyone who I should really look to bring in this week? I have 25 trades and it feels like too many to have at this point.

I really want Brown but I can't see how he fits without losing Fifita/McGuire/Wallace/CHN

Iv'e gone Ponga to Munster (just as good bye cover and you don't know when Ponga will be back).

Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Thu May 11, 2017 9:43 am

Spectre wrote:There's no one in my team that needs to be urgently sold. CHN has a couple weeks at least, Jennings and Idris aren't playing, and the rest aren't losing me money.

I did Mcguire>Brown last week. Worked out ok
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Thu May 11, 2017 9:44 am

Loomer wrote:

I did Mcguire>Brown last week. Worked out ok

Down 2 points so far and a trade Razz
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu May 11, 2017 9:45 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:I should really look for my self but what are the BEs/price projections you guys are running on Elliot and CHN - Im running low on time! Im looking at that same trade, just haven't run the numbers yet.

Price projections for both if CHN is on the bench (~30 points per game) and Elliot starts (~40 points per game)?

I have no Excel currently to access Milchy's wizardry, however, as a start this round Assistant Coach:

Elliot projected 27 = $26k
    CHN projected 54 = $32k

Then Milchy's 3 game average score for this round=

Elliot 40 = $37k
    CHN 52 = $32k

I'm liking Elliot even more now considering the minutes he could get over Origin. If I do it though I will be Hess out I think not CHN.

itsJay
    itsJay

Post by itsJay Thu May 11, 2017 9:46 am

OnTheLast wrote:Hi guys, have 26 trades left, 4k salary, anyone see anything urgent this week?

Smith (Brailey)
    Fifita, Kaufusi, (Tetevano Hoare)
    JDB, Crichton, Whitehead, (Mannering Stone Yates)
    Norman, Niko (Frawley Fogerty)
    Leilua, Turbo (Cotric Suli)
    RTS, Hayne, Slater (Ponga, Edwards)

Planning Round 11:
    Fifita - Surgess
    Slater/Ponga - CWalker

Round 12:
    Yates - Fuimaona
    Stone - Brown

Good planning going forward. i'd be tempted to pull the trigger on your r11 plan this round if Mannering does end up missing the next two weeks
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu May 11, 2017 9:48 am

I look as far forward as Round 19, HOWEVER the focus is on 12 to 15 at this stage. I'm partial to the odd sideways trade so after 15 will burn trades for 18/19. If I only have 5 trades left after 19 but have made up significant ground then I'll be happy.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu May 11, 2017 9:49 am

I read an interesting article on renegades fantasy sports where he goes through what they call the bosses teams which there are 12 to see how they're placed for the bye rounds. They said over rounds 12,13,15,16, 18 & 19 you ideally want 78-80 players with anything greater than 81 players is pretty good. My tally is 78 players. That is assuming Klokstad, Abbey & R. Jennings don't play any of the bye rounds so I excluded them.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Thu May 11, 2017 9:50 am

Ponga to Munster or Hayne. Will play in my 17. Munster is ideal in most aspects apart from the difference in cash.

Hayne playing SOO will cost me, but the extra dollerydoos will allow me to pump up my weakspots.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 11:59 pm