NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The bad behaviour thread

Pieman
    Pieman

The bad behaviour thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The bad behaviour thread

Post by Pieman Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:21 pm

Dip wrote:So it seems the Warriors can score occassionally:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-life/nrl-hit-by-allegations-of-a-sordid-culture-of-group-sex/news-story/c08f26545d6603d1ae971ee328d2aa7f

Sounds like no suggestion it isn't consentual, so no real issue as far as I'm concerned, though I'm sure the people who had a problem with the Broncos toilet tryst will think it's a hangable offence.

Bit different if its in a hotel/someones house - to it being in a bathroom of a pub with someone filming her when she didnt want to be filmed
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:52 pm

Pieman wrote:

Bit different if its in a hotel/someones house - to it being in a bathroom of a pub with someone filming her when she didnt want to be filmed

Did they though? Pretty sure it was investigated and no charges laid. Surely if it was filmed it'd be pretty easy for the police to see if someone's phone had taken a video, and if their in a cubicle and the door is closed it's hardly public. Or if she was being raped surely one of the other patrons who used the toilet would come forward or call security.

This is actually pretty similar to Matty Johns, who as far as I'm concerned only needs to apologise to his wife. Not me or anyone else who wants to watch 60 minutes.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:38 pm

Dip wrote:

Did they though? Pretty sure it was investigated and no charges laid. Surely if it was filmed it'd be pretty easy for the police to see if someone's phone had taken a video, and if their in a cubicle and the door is closed it's hardly public. Or if she was being raped surely one of the other patrons who used the toilet would come forward or call security.

This is actually pretty similar to Matty Johns, who as far as I'm concerned only needs to apologise to his wife. Not me or anyone else who wants to watch 60 minutes.

Absolutely.

If you ever find yourself (not that im saying you or any other on here are) on the same side of an argument as Andrew Bolt, you're on the wrong side of the argument. He's already clutching his pearls about it, on his nationally distributed blog about his nationally broadcast show where he complains that voices like his are silenced in the media.

But I digress. Speaking of peanuts;

Apparently Moley reckons someone with previous bad behaviour form got KOd by a team mate on Mad Monday - then got up and got sat down by another team mate. Any guesses for who? Im hoping SKD.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:55 pm

I couldn't be arsed reading too much about this. But the headlines suggested it was a big gang bang, yet the only articles I've read suggest it was mostly just her and Bodene together, with perhaps 1 other person involved.

Legal or not, having whole team bonding sessions over group sex is definitely not an image or a culture that the NRL wants to cultivate. It's seedy as anything and will just turn people away from the sport.

If its just 1 player, and maybe a mate having a bit of (what appears to be consensual) fun, then its hardly NRL in crisis. Just our stupid journos on their usual anti-league crusade.
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:42 pm

Since this is the bad behavior thread I felt compelled to admit that I enter all the organic veggies I purchase under the cheaper priced stock at the self serve checkout.

Balls
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:58 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Absolutely.

If you ever find yourself (not that im saying you or any other on here are) on the same side of an argument as Andrew Bolt, you're on the wrong side of the argument. He's already clutching his pearls about it, on his nationally distributed blog about his nationally broadcast show where he complains that voices like his are silenced in the media.

But I digress. Speaking of peanuts;

Apparently Moley reckons someone with previous bad behaviour form got KOd by a team mate on Mad Monday - then got up and got sat down by another team mate. Any guesses for who? Im hoping SKD.
    My guess is Leilua.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:01 pm

Dip wrote:

They were each fined 20k or something werent they?

Mate in a public place - like a bar - having sex somewhere where people can potentially see is classed as public, in nsw anyway. Not sure what the actual law is in QLD, but its only not public if its in your own home/private room etc.

Im not saying she was raped or anything, I totally she believe that she went in there willingly, possibly got a bit overwhelmed when a few others came in then flipped out after she had realised what she had done or when she realised 3 dudes had their dicks in her face. There is every chance she asked for them to come in, and every chance that she didnt ask for them to come in. Either way, they were cleared but the club still saw to fine them 20k each so something dodgy happened.

No one was charged .. everyone has moved - but its totally different to the warriors thing (if it happened in a private hotel or house) because of the fact it happened in a public bar.

If players are still spittying chicks (which I am sure still happens every weekend) and its getting out its most certainly not the look the game is looking for, even if all parties consent. There is nothing wrong with it if the chick is up for it, but group sex certainly is bad for the NRL's/and club/players public images.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:15 pm

Moose wrote:
    My guess is Leilua.

I thought the same but read that they haven't had mad Mondays since Sticky has been there. Which leaves Warriors or Titans, may be Newie.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:19 pm

Just saw Konrad Hurrell promoting the Starlight Foundation telethon on a Footy Show ad on channel 9. Still hope for Bodene to bounce back yet Ronald McDonald House could use a positive role model.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:46 am

You know what's fucked up? We're telling people as a society it's alright to be who you want and then the very same news websites are shaming anyone for being different. If these guys want to run a train on willing sexual partners then why's that a bad thing? Who gives a fuck what people do in private. Could you imagine the absolute leftist PC bullshit if the guys came out and said they were gay and want the male contact. It's only because it's the new it thing that we stand up against males doing anything
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:23 am

Honeysett wrote:You know what's fucked up? We're telling people as a society it's alright to be who you want and then the very same news websites are shaming anyone for being different. If these guys want to run a train on willing sexual partners then why's that a bad thing? Who gives a fuck what people do in private. Could you imagine the absolute leftist PC bullshit if the guys came out and said they were gay and want the male contact. It's only because it's the new it thing that we stand up against males doing anything

Wait, what? I mean, the first half of this makes sense but you completely lost me at the bolded. Why would "leftists" being up in arms if they said they were gay?

No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:47 am

ryno_ wrote:

Wait, what? I mean, the first half of this makes sense but you completely lost me at the bolded. Why would "leftists" being up in arms if they said they were gay?

I think he means if the story was written in the same manner about a gay couple there would be outrage.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:28 am

Yeah or if it was a gay male orgy, imagine the blow ups.
    If its in private and its consenting and not illegal - who gives a toss what people do
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:21 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Sorry mate, I'll try and explain it better.

They would be all over this in a positive way towards the players and going off at the NRL for not helping these players out properly. It's only because straight men aged 18-35 are the spawn of satan these days.

Why is this an issue? I've read the story and there seems to be nothing untoward. They met, they had consensual sex, they had a kid and he pays child support. Seems pretty normal to me.

I think people feel that the women are being used and abused, well if they're consenting to being treated like a plaything then you can't complain when people don't treat you with the same respect they treat others.

ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:37 pm

Honeysett wrote:They would be all over this in a positive way towards the players and going off at the NRL for not helping these players out properly. It's only because straight men aged 18-35 are the spawn of satan these days.

Thats a huge hypothetical and a very long bow to draw.

Honeysett wrote:Why is this an issue? I've read the story and there seems to be nothing untoward. They met, they had consensual sex, they had a kid and he pays child support. Seems pretty normal to me.

Nobody outside the (mostly far) rightwing sections of the media seem to think it's actually an issue though. Its just tabloid rubbish the SMH are using to get clicks. Actual commentary on the issue is pretty much in the "meh" camp.

Honeysett wrote:I think people feel that the women are being used and abused, well if they're consenting to being treated like a plaything then you can't complain when people don't treat you with the same respect they treat others.

So this person deserves less respect because of her preferences behind closed doors?
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:42 am

It's the off season and while i's a good thing the NRL hand out rings not medals to their premiership winners (where would a naked woman wear a premiership ring ?) boys will be boys and the grubs that call themselves journos need to fill column inches. So it's time to resurrect this thread with a story of everyone's favourite train wreck ...... Fergo.

This one's a strange one. Cops get called to his house at 5:15am with paramedics after receiving a call he had drugged his kids. Paramedics check the kids, they're all fine, go back to bed. Seems like a non story, jurnos being grubs.

Then you find out it was Paul Carter who made the call. The same Paul Carter kicked out of 3 NRL clubs in as many years. The same Paul Carter that who was found guilty of supplying SKD with cocaine at The Ivy, the same Paul Carter who 2 hours before the call was sitting in the loungeroom of Fergos house.
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:25 am

It sounds like Carter and Fergo have had a blue after a drinking session, and Fergo's told him to leave. Carter's thought he could get him back by making up something and calling the police, which they later dismissed as untrue.

That's just an opinion and it could be wrong. If it's something like that, then Carter's a cunt. And not a cheeky cunt, he's a shit cunt.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:38 am

I reckon you're right but you would think Carter would be off limits to players. I remember he was when he first got dumped by the Roosters
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:31 pm

Dip wrote:It sounds like Carter and Fergo have had a blue after a drinking session, and Fergo's told him to leave. Carter's thought he could get him back by making up something and calling the police, which they later dismissed as untrue.

That's just an opinion and it could be wrong. If it's something like that, then Carter's a cunt. And not a cheeky cunt, he's a shit cunt.

What makes you think they had a blue?

My thoughts are that Carter had drugs on him and was has either dropped something or left something lying around and thought the kid may have ingested it.
    Whether Fergo was aware of the fact there were drugs present with his children, that's also speculative.... but if you invite Paul Carter into your home to start with, its probably a questionable move. You do it after he's been caught dealing to one of your team mates and they both got their contracts crossed off the list - you're really asking for trouble. Throw a couple of small childen into the mix... well...

Fergo could be completely innocent in all this but given his track record and lack of remorse in that track record... I don't blame anyone for thinking he's an irresponsible parent at the least and probably a fucking grub of a human.
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:15 pm

filthridden wrote:

What makes you think they had a blue?

My thoughts are that Carter had drugs on him and was has either dropped something or left something lying around and thought the kid may have ingested it.
    Whether Fergo was aware of the fact there were drugs present with his children, that's also speculative.... but if you invite Paul Carter into your home to start with, its probably a questionable move. You do it after he's been caught dealing to one of your team mates and they both got their contracts crossed off the list - you're really asking for trouble. Throw a couple of small childen into the mix... well...

Fergo could be completely innocent in all this but given his track record and lack of remorse in that track record... I don't blame anyone for thinking he's an irresponsible parent at the least and probably a fucking grub of a human.

I will start by saying it's all speculation by me and I have nothing to back up what I'm saying, but the reason I thought maybe they had a barney was because one of the early reports was that police were called after Fergo asked a man to leave his apartment at about 3am, and police showed up at 5:15am, then later said nothing further would happen. To me it sounds like a get square by Carter who was pissed off about something. You are right though, Carter could quite easily have got home and gone "shit I've left my coke in the bathroom I hope the kid doesn't think it's sherbert" so called the police, but I think if he did that you'd call Fergo rather than the police, and the police and ambo's would have gone to Fergo's as a matter of urgency.

All speculation for sure.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:27 pm