NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

Warriors
    Warriors

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38 - Page 45 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

Post by Warriors Wed May 10, 2017 9:06 am

Fairly screwed now given no Ponga this week as I also have two NPR reserves (non DPP) and therefore will cop an AE if I don't trade a fullback this week.
    I have Tom Turbo in centres I can move back but would need to trade TRD or D Edwards (preferably TRD). Idris being out has also screwed me on this front. Not sure what to do. $0K in the bank.
    Also have Fuimaono who I can shift to second row.

Options for trade outs are:

F Winterstein 310K
    Idris 220K

TRD 163K
    D Edwards 206K

I don't know what to do this week.

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38 - Page 45 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

Post by Guest Wed May 10, 2017 9:07 am

thinking i might just keep the Elliot trade, even if he's benched he should go up in price until Round 12 where he'll hopefully be really valuable with Klemmer out, i feel like he's a fair chance to make it to 320k-odd to make the trade worth it
    itsJay
    itsJay

Post by itsJay Wed May 10, 2017 9:15 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Also, is there any word on how long SKD might be out for? Im just wondering if there might be hope for a cheapie coming onto the wing for Ferguson if he makes Origin. Any thoughts on who's next in line at the Roosters?

i've only seen him listed as out indefinitely. jbrom and proctor copped 2 games so i'd assume skd will be the same meaning he'll be back for round 12. if pearce and fergo play origin i reckon the roosters backline will be, keary, watson, latrell, manu, skd, tupou, gordon
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed May 10, 2017 9:16 am

surmo13 wrote:thinking i might just keep the Elliot trade, even if he's benched he should go up in price until Round 12 where he'll hopefully be really valuable with Klemmer out, i feel like he's a fair chance to make it to 320k-odd to make the trade worth it

I wouldn't trade in Elliot if he's on the bench. If Des decides to put him in the starting 13 & makes a last minute change like last round I can see the reasoning in picking him but what if he's benched in future rounds. I think he's a risky trade now & it's typical Des playing russian roulette with fantasy players.
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Wed May 10, 2017 9:21 am

White Lightning wrote:

I wouldn't trade in Elliot if he's on the bench. If Des decides to put him in the starting 13 & makes a last minute change like last round I can see the reasoning in picking him but what if he's benched in future rounds. I think he's a risky trade now & it's typical Des playing russian roulette with fantasy players.

Especially with a 4 forward bench
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed May 10, 2017 9:21 am

For those that are considering George Fai. I would wait until round 12 before getting him because Arrow & TPJ could be back by then & Fai could dip out. The risk is if you get him now thinking he'll play round 12 it may not pan out.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 10, 2017 9:30 am

Warriors wrote:Fairly screwed now given no Ponga this week as I also have two NPR reserves (non DPP) and therefore will cop an AE if I don't trade a fullback this week.
    I have Tom Turbo in centres I can move back but would need to trade TRD or D Edwards (preferably TRD). Idris being out has also screwed me on this front. Not sure what to do. $0K in the bank.
    Also have Fuimaono who I can shift to second row.

Options for trade outs are:

F Winterstein 310K
    Idris 220K

TRD 163K
    D Edwards 206K

I don't know what to do this week.

Hard to judge without seeing the rest of your team mate, but obviously Idris is the no brainer to go.  Not many good cheap options though.  Maybe downgrade Winterstein to an Elliot or even cash him out or something to give you some coin to turn Idris into Hayne via DPP?

Post by Guest Wed May 10, 2017 9:31 am

White Lightning wrote:For those that are considering George Fai. I would wait until round 12 before getting him because Arrow & TPJ could be back by then & Fai could dip out. The risk is if you get him now thinking he'll play round 12 it may not pan out.

Thaiday, Gillett & McGuire all lost to origin and TPJ isn't guaranteed to be back by the 2nd origin - he definately won't be back for Round 12, Fai will be there.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 10, 2017 9:32 am

surmo13 wrote:

Thaiday, Gillett & McGuire all lost to origin and TPJ isn't guaranteed to be back by the 2nd origin - he definately won't be back for Round 12, Fai will be there.

TPJ was training away from the main squad on Monday with Hunt and Roberts, so he might be back quicker than anticipated.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed May 10, 2017 9:36 am

Okay so I can cover Ponga who I intend to keep for at least a couple of rounds just in case Coote goes down again by moving Cotric from centre to wfb but that means my ctr's this week will be Talakai & Kelly.
    I could bring in players like Cody Walker, Aubusson, Leilua, Croker who play round 12 but all of them have high b/e's & there's no point in wasting money when they'll be cheaper in a couple of rounds.
    So my approach for rounds 10 & 11 will be to bring in round 12 forwards & halves & then in round 12 bring in the ctr's & wfb's.
    It will mean that this round my back 5 will be Talakai, Kelly, Cotric, RTS, Slater which is pretty underwhelming but at least Cotric has the Knights, Talakai has the Tigers so they might get some good points. I'm not so confident with Kelly up against the Broncos though.
    Is this strategy the right one. Thoughts & thanks.
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Wed May 10, 2017 9:36 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Also, is there any word on how long SKD might be out for? Im just wondering if there might be hope for a cheapie coming onto the wing for Ferguson if he makes Origin. Any thoughts on who's next in line at the Roosters?

Johnny Tuivasa-Sheck or Bernard Lewis. However if Robbo opts for experience he'd probably shift Aubo groan or Matterson to centre and shift Manu or Mitchell to the wing.

Post by Guest Wed May 10, 2017 9:37 am

wolfking wrote:

TPJ was training away from the main squad on Monday with Hunt and Roberts, so he might be back quicker than anticipated.

that would be a hell of an early return, verdict when he broke his finger in mid-April was that it was worse than expected, he needed surgery to repair tendon damage and would be out 8-12 weeks
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 10, 2017 9:40 am

surmo13 wrote:

that would be a hell of an early return, verdict when he broke his finger in mid-April was that it was worse than expected, he needed surgery to repair tendon damage and would be out 8-12 weeks

Oh wow, didn't realise it was that bad. That's all it said though so who knows, may not even be contact work yet.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 10, 2017 9:41 am

White Lightning wrote:Okay so I can cover Ponga who I intend to keep for at least a couple of rounds just in case Coote goes down again by moving Cotric from centre to wfb but that means my ctr's this week will be Talakai & Kelly.
    I could bring in players like Cody Walker, Aubusson, Leilua, Croker who play round 12 but all of them have high b/e's & there's no point in wasting money when they'll be cheaper in a couple of rounds.
    So my approach for rounds 10 & 11 will be to bring in round 12 forwards & halves & then in round 12 bring in the ctr's & wfb's.
    It will mean that this round my back 5 will be Talakai, Kelly, Cotric, RTS, Slater which is pretty underwhelming but at least Cotric has the Knights, Talakai has the Tigers so they might get some good points. I'm not so confident with Kelly up against the Broncos though.

Talakai if he stays in the squad I think would be fine to run with, Kelly I'd definitely be worried about, but what do you do. If you are looking at those 4 players, I'd probably wait a week too.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Wed May 10, 2017 9:43 am

wolfking wrote:

Yeah - but he could well just be doing fitness. It's not like he has a leg injury that stops him from doing any training.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed May 10, 2017 9:44 am

In the WCC, Fai scored 12 points, 8 tackles and 48 run meters. No other stats. Don't have minutes played.

But I would think a large price rise unlikely. He'd have to rely on a big multiple TB run for a big score (which of course is entirely possible)
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Wed May 10, 2017 9:47 am

Milchcow wrote:
    In the WCC, Fai scored 12 points, 8 tackles and 48 run meters. No other stats. Don't have minutes played.

But I would think a large price rise unlikely. He'd have to rely on a big multiple TB run for a big score  (which of course is entirely possible)

Given the paucity of cash-out options in FRF, any 138k player with even a chance of playing in a bye round is worth considering
    itsJay
    itsJay

Post by itsJay Wed May 10, 2017 9:47 am

White Lightning wrote:Okay so I can cover Ponga who I intend to keep for at least a couple of rounds just in case Coote goes down again by moving Cotric from centre to wfb but that means my ctr's this week will be Talakai & Kelly.

My theory is if you can afford to bring in the guns, do it asap. Its worth sacrificing the ~$20k in price rises/drops if you are getting an extra 20points per round right now.
    If you get an extra 20points for this round and the next, that 40 points is theoretically an extra bye player played for you right there.

i probably didn't explain this very well
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed May 10, 2017 9:48 am

wolfking wrote:

Talakai if he stays in the squad I think would be fine to run with, Kelly I'd definitely be worried about, but what do you do.  If you are looking at those 4 players, I'd probably wait a week too.

I'm hanging onto the belief that Green will make a last minute switch & move Coote to the halves & bring in Ponga at f/b haha. All I can hope for is that somehow Kelly flukes an early try haha.

Post by Guest Wed May 10, 2017 9:49 am

wolfking wrote:

Oh wow, didn't realise it was that bad.  That's all it said though so who knows, may not even be contact work yet.

Hmm, Broncos posted an injury update yesterday which i read for Ben Hunt info, but just re-reading it, turns out it answers a lot of questions relevant to this discussion:

http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2017/05/09/hunt_to_take_major_s.html

Hunt hurt his hamstring scoring a try in the 32-8 win over the Roosters back on April 6.

But the move to training back in with the main group is a major milestone in the Broncos’ halfback’s recovery.

“Ben is running well and is still on target for a return in round 13 against the Roosters or round 14 against the Rabbitohs,” said Broncos’ High Performance Manager Jeremy Hickmans today.

“But he will start training in a controlled skills session with the rest of the team tomorrow.”

Hickmans said James Roberts was recovering well from ankle ligament damage suffered in the Broncos’ last win against the Panthers.

Tevita Pangai junior is hoping for a return against the Roosters on June 3 after having surgery on a broken finger and damaged tendon.

Jai Arrow is on track to return against the New Zealand Warriors on May 27.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:51 am