NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Ultimate League Thread 3

Poll

What new site should we use?

[ 7 ]
    Ultimate League Thread 3 - Page 43 Bar_left41%Ultimate League Thread 3 - Page 43 Bar_right [41%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Ultimate League Thread 3 - Page 43 Bar_left53%Ultimate League Thread 3 - Page 43 Bar_right [53%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Ultimate League Thread 3 - Page 43 Bar_left6%Ultimate League Thread 3 - Page 43 Bar_right [6%] 

Total Votes: 17
    Poll closed
    quicksand
    quicksand

Ultimate League Thread 3 - Page 43 Empty Re: Ultimate League Thread 3

Post by quicksand Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:38 am

I will come back on Tuesday for my 1st pick, shall I ?
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:54 am

RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:31 pm

My bad, I completely forgot about the draft when my partner came by last night. ALso the first pick o.o
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:43 pm

L1 draft is finally underway

Ultimate League Thread 3 - Page 43 Giphy
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:24 pm

Came on here expecting to be bagged for not picking yet.

Nek minut one pick completed.
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:33 pm

Your pick @Milchcow milchcow
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:46 pm

Right. So looking back through the black box of this train wreck;

Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:15 pm - 6/8 players in the league
    Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:05 pm - 7/8 players in the league
    Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:06 pm - 8/8 players in the league
    Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:50 am - Draft set to start in 6 hours time.
    Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:00 pm - Draft starts
    Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:31 am - First pick made

6 hours notice to start a draft. No message sent to the participants giving them the heads up it was starting early. No notice given to get your pre-draft player rankings in. Just a post buried on page 40-something of a thread. Seriously - you couldnt even send a PM to everyone to say, "heads up, were starting this thing this arvo"? Instead its oh, you didnt log in between 11am and 5pm on a Saturday? Guess you missed the start then. Too bad.

And you wonder why it's a clusterfuck. Who could have seen that coming?

ryno_ wrote:The first iteration opened the leagues on a Friday and started drafting on the Sunday, without notice. Was a circus.
    Oh.
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:54 pm

Majority of L1 players log onto and or post on this forum at least once to twice a day. I started the draft yesterday afternoon and several members of L1 who were all online at the time suggested to do so. Just because the draft had not started yet doesn't mean you couldn't have sorted your pre draft rankings. If you did not do so then that is your own fault. I don't see what you have to complain about as it isn't even your pick yet RYNO and if this keeps up it won't be your turn till sometime midweek.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:14 pm

Moose wrote:Just because the draft had not started yet doesn't mean you couldn't have sorted your pre draft rankings. If you did not do so then that is your own fault.

Bullshit. You cant bring the timeframe for drafting from "sometime in the future" to "6 hours from now" and expect that everyone is ready for it.

Moose wrote:I don't see what you have to complain about as it isn't even your pick yet RYNO and if this keeps up it won't be your turn till sometime midweek.

Im quite entitled to complain because this draft doesnt let you set a short list of players for your next pick. And you started this one, without notice, so I didnt get a chance to look at the full draft ranking list.

Honestly, you couldnt send a PM to everyone to say it was starting in 6 hours time? You just rely on us having logged in in the middle of the day on a Saturday? When the league is at 6/8 at 5pm Friday, how are we supposed to expect that its starting to draft in 24 hours time, when a date hasnt been mentioned at all?

Season 3 of this draft league and you still cant figure out how to get a start time. Couldnt organise a root in a brothel. Not sending a message to people in the league that the draft has a planned start time is unfathomable, let alone not sending a message to say that the start time is being bought forward.
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:21 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Bullshit. You cant bring the timeframe for drafting from "sometime in the future" to "6 hours from now" and expect that everyone is ready for it.

Im quite entitled to complain because this draft doesnt let you set a short list of players for your next pick. And you started this one, without notice, so I didnt get a chance to look at the full draft ranking list.

Honestly, you couldnt send a PM to everyone to say it was starting in 6 hours time? You just rely on us having logged in in the middle of the day on a Saturday? When the league is at 6/8 at 5pm Friday, how are we supposed to expect that its starting to draft in 24 hours time, when a date hasnt been mentioned at all?

Season 3 of this draft league and you still cant figure out how to get a start time. Couldnt organise a root in a brothel. Not sending a message to people in the league that the draft has a planned start time is unfathomable, let alone not sending a message to say that the start time is being bought forward.
    I started the draft time yesterday afternoon as several L1 members had suggested to do so. (go back a few pages and you can see so for yourself) Every single L1 member had logged onto the forum/VSDT site yesterday at some point to check on the progress. The only player I don't recall seeing online at all yesterday was yourself. Before the draft started or was even full every single participant could see all players 2017 average ranking and their 2018 price etc and the full draft ranking list.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:24 pm

I love that there is always drama in this league. Makes it so much more interesting.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:30 pm

Moose wrote:
    I started the draft time yesterday afternoon as several L1 members had suggested to do so. (go back a few pages and you can see so for yourself) Every single L1 member had logged onto the forum/VSDT site yesterday at some point to check on the progress. The only player I don't recall seeing online at all yesterday was yourself.

SO SEND A PM TO PEOPLE TO SAY THE DRAFT IS STARTING EARLY IF YOU ARE STARTING IT WITH ONLY 6 HOURS NOTICE.

I just do not understand how you can click the button to start the draft and not send PM to let everyone know the time. Utter incompetence. I can't have been the only one who didnt know about it, since the draft started 20 hours ago and so far one 1 pick has been made.

You didnt even send out a PM with the league code when you opened the league, so I shouldnt be surprised you didnt send one when you set a draft time. But fuck me. Completely useless.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:32 pm

"Go back at the pages and look" he says.

Between the post saying "its starting in 6 hours" and "its starting in 5 minutes", 3 people posted. So 4/8 of the league were not confirmed as being aware of it at all.

Fucking well done.
    Sauce Reed
    Sauce Reed

Post by Sauce Reed Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:37 pm

Often known as draft organizer wizard.
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:37 pm

ryno_ wrote:

SO SEND A PM TO PEOPLE TO SAY THE DRAFT IS STARTING EARLY IF YOU ARE STARTING IT WITH ONLY 6 HOURS NOTICE.

I just do not understand how you can click the button to start the draft and not send PM to let everyone know the time. Utter incompetence. I can't have been the only one who didnt know about it, since the draft started 20 hours ago and so far one 1 pick has been made.

You didnt even send out a PM with the league code when you opened the league, so I shouldnt be surprised you didnt send one when you set a draft time. But fuck me. Completely useless.
    I told you I sent the league code to ryno not ryno_ which is why you did not receive it along with everyone else. I apologize for not including a _ in your name. I'm sure you can understand that it is something that most wouldn't notice.

Of all the members in L1 I saw the following players log onto this site and VSDT yesterday.
    Moose
    Random
    B/L
    Milchcow
    Quicksand
    Clack Bocks
    Welshy

That is 7/8 players in L1 who would have either seen my message about the draft start time either on the forum or the site. That is the reason why I didn't feel the need to send a PM to everyone in L1 as I actively saw them online on either site and/or posting in this exact thread. I started the draft at that time after several members of the league suggested it.

Rather then being a little bitch I would suggest you spend more time getting your pre-set rankings in order. Something you could have done before the draft even started.
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:40 pm

Sauce Reed wrote:Often known as draft organizer wizard.
    Sounds like my new username.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:43 pm

Right. So you sent the league invite code to everyone but me. And made sure everyone but me knew about the start time. And didnt send a PM to anybody to give them a heads up it was starting.

Sweet.

Id love to spend time on my pre draft rankings, but as you're well aware, its not "predraft" anymore. And theres no mid-draft shortlist on this site like that last one had.

Honestly, theres a first year apprentice at work who sniffs paint fumes all day who is less retarded.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:46 pm

Moose wrote:That is 7/8 players in L1 who would have either seen my message about the draft start time either on the forum or the site.

That is the reason why I didn't feel the need to send a PM to everyone in L1 as I actively saw them online on either site and/or posting in this exact thread. I started the draft at that time after several members of the league suggested it.

Bang
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:47 pm

ryno_ wrote:Right. So you sent the league invite code to everyone but me. And made sure everyone but me knew about the start time. And didnt send a PM to anybody to give them a heads up it was starting.

Sweet.

Id love to spend time on my pre draft rankings, but as you're well aware, its not "predraft" anymore. And theres no mid-draft shortlist on this site like that last one had.

Honestly, theres a first year apprentice at work who sniffs paint fumes all day who is less retarded.

Check your inbox. I just sent you a PM just to make sure you were aware the draft has started.

You are welcome.
    Sauce Reed
    Sauce Reed

Post by Sauce Reed Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:48 pm

Ultimate League Thread 3 - Page 43 Giphy

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:53 pm