NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Ultimate League Thread 3

Poll

What new site should we use?

[ 7 ]
    Ultimate League Thread 3 - Page 47 Bar_left41%Ultimate League Thread 3 - Page 47 Bar_right [41%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Ultimate League Thread 3 - Page 47 Bar_left53%Ultimate League Thread 3 - Page 47 Bar_right [53%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Ultimate League Thread 3 - Page 47 Bar_left6%Ultimate League Thread 3 - Page 47 Bar_right [6%] 

Total Votes: 17
    Poll closed
    Archer
    Archer

Ultimate League Thread 3 - Page 47 Empty Re: Ultimate League Thread 3

Post by Archer Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:35 pm

I get to pick again soon (next 6? hours) woooooo!
    Sauce Reed
    Sauce Reed

Post by Sauce Reed Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:48 pm

7 online and the 1 that isn't is his turn to pick Wink
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:59 pm

Welshy, how are you looking for access? Was starting to worry you might only be able to see 2nd rowers pirat
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:06 pm

Archer wrote:Welshy, how are you looking for access? Was starting to worry you might only be able to see 2nd rowers pirat
    all good mate free overseas roaming with my mobile package! Couldn’t leave Brown there with my second pick and Tedesco a bonus in the 3rd!
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:10 pm

Welshy wrote:
    all good mate free overseas roaming with my mobile package! Couldn’t leave Brown there with my second pick and Tedesco a bonus in the 3rd!
    I thought WFB's should only be picked round 5 onwards clown . Not bad though young grasshopper, sit back and watch a master draft and I'll teach you another thing for next season Razz. Its easier drafting when you've got one of the early slots, the real challenge is being one of the last blokes.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:13 pm

PS: I know people don't like discussing the trends and such during a draft, but its always forgotten about afterwards when people are busy with trades or burnt out after a marathon draft, so i'll leave it at this - I'm enjoying the difference in approaches from everyone so far in L2, only early days but already the priorities are clearly different when i look through the other teams.
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:14 pm

Archer wrote:PS: I know people don't like discussing the trends and such during a draft, but its always forgotten about afterwards when people are busy with trades or burnt out after a marathon draft, so i'll leave it at this - I'm enjoying the difference in approaches from everyone so far in L2, only early days but already the priorities are clearly different when i look through the other teams.

Did you pick up Rapana this year?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:20 pm

Archer wrote:
    I thought WFB's should only be picked round 5 onwards clown . Not bad though young grasshopper, sit back and watch a master draft and I'll teach you another thing for next season Razz. Its easier drafting when you've got one of the early slots, the real challenge is being one of the last blokes.
    Im drafting 7th in the other league managed to pick up Friend, Crichton, Brown, Croft, Graham and Ponga so far so happy with the early round work
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:24 pm

Moose wrote:

Did you pick up Rapana this year?
    Doing something a bit different this year, partly because i think a difference in scoring (and other things) doesn't make him as much value and partly because i don't like to be predictable Razz although I've only had two picks thus far so i can't really say what the difference is affraid
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:27 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Im drafting 7th in the other league managed to pick up Friend, Crichton, Brown, Croft, Graham and Ponga so far so happy with the early round work
    You're always one for discussing tactics and such so I'll be very interested to hear which draft you think you've done best in (as in not which team is the best necessarily, but given the difference in draft positioning and priorities etc, which came away the best) at the end of it all.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:10 pm

Captains log: Day 30 of the draft - Still on pick 2, I think my opponents stall tactics are starting to work. I've not only forgotten who I intended to draft next but who I've already chosen and indeed, what rugby league even is. Not long now until I fall to Welshy levels of coaching.
    Still, I hold out hope that we may still make the 2020 season kick off.
    User Name
    User Name

Post by User Name Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:50 pm

lol!
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:47 am

Would anyone else be interested in taking part in a speed draft? I'd love to try one where its like Sunday (UK - morning, Aus - afternoon) and its a crazy time limit of something like 1 or 2 mins to pick (if that's possible to do).

I'd personally enjoy it as the draft is at least half the fun and I'd be interested to see what (if any) panic picks occur as your planned picks are all taken 5-min before it gets to you and you have to think fast.
    quicksand
    quicksand

Post by quicksand Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:08 am

Archer wrote:Would anyone else be interested in taking part in a speed draft? I'd love to try one where its like Sunday (UK - morning, Aus - afternoon) and its a crazy time limit of something like 1 or 2 mins to pick (if that's possible to do).

I'd personally enjoy it as the draft is at least half the fun and I'd be interested to see what (if any) panic picks occur as your planned picks are all taken 5-min before it gets to you and you have to think fast.

yes
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:19 am

Archer wrote:Would anyone else be interested in taking part in a speed draft? I'd love to try one where its like Sunday (UK - morning, Aus - afternoon) and its a crazy time limit of something like 1 or 2 mins to pick (if that's possible to do).

quicksand wrote:

yes
    In if we can get one organised for next weekend lads! We fly it during the NFL draft can’t see why the same can’t be achieved for this
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:28 am

Archer wrote:
    You're always one for discussing tactics and such so I'll be very interested to hear which draft you think you've done best in (as in not which team is the best necessarily, but given the difference in draft positioning and priorities etc, which came away the best) at the end of it all.
    For sure mate! Always up for a debate, changing my draft thought this year, well I’m probably going for the same type of lineup/strategy this year in both drafts Just the players available when I make each pick will be very different obviously! Finished 3rd previous 2 seasons and main reason I did was because I loaded up both years on top end wfbs trying to soften the rush the market at the expense of higher averaging forwards, but I got panned in a few matchups last year when my fullbacks failed to match the consistent score of mid tier forwards
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:21 pm

I've lost all enthusiasm for this draft, over 24 hours between picks, Rapa gone... end my misery

L1 Finished yet?
    Sauce Reed
    Sauce Reed

Post by Sauce Reed Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:29 pm

Sloowwwwwwwwwwwwww goinggggggggggggggggggg
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:30 pm

Archer wrote:over 24 hours between picks

Sounds like L1 last year.

Draft speed in L1 this year is fairly decent. Mind you I have been busy at work so haven't had the opportunity to check it all that much.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:07 pm

I let the other mods know, but just putting it here for L1 people. Going into hospital tonight for a bit of Dr Pimple Popper, will be going under the knife some time tomorrow so don't be surprised if the draft stalls for a bit.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:55 pm