NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 30

Milchcow
    Milchcow

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 30 - Page 28 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 30

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:04 pm

Onthebeatpete wrote:Is anyone else trading gutho out?

This thread is full of tonnes of people ditching Gutho

With a short term role at fullback, and Moses seemingly on the way, it seems his five-eighth days are over, and what happens when French returns? Shafted to the wing?
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 30 - Page 28 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 30

Post by Onthebeatpete Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:05 pm

Welshy wrote:with BE above his average can wait a week on Milf

$123,000 to spend, any ideas on where is best?

Smith, McCullough
    Kaufusi, JWH, Perrett, Yates
    DeBelin, Surgess, ET, Whitehead, Sironenm Sele
    CWalker, Lamb, Jacks, Elgey
    Idris, SMat, Moga, Suli
    RTS, Slater, Cotric, Hayne, Abbey

Nice team welshy! Can you maybe upgrade Yates or strengthen your front row?
    Are you thinking about Crichton?
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:07 pm

Milchcow wrote:

This thread is full of tonnes of people ditching Gutho

With a short term role at fullback, and Moses seemingly on the way, it seems his five-eighth days are over, and what happens when French returns? Shafted to the wing?

Cheers milchow, sorry, hadn't been on for a little bit.
    Yeah was thinking along those lines, shame really. He was going so well!
    Is the Moses thing confirmed or is it just speculation at the moment?
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:07 pm

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:I think that chat about Milf is a great call. Broncs have had by far and away the toughest opening opposition in the comp in the first 6 rounds (5 of the 6 genuine premiership contenders). Thus his scores have not been great. Not to mention he shares the field with another highly rated half who demands to get his hands on the ball as much as him.

As we know he will be the dominant half for the next 6 rounds (at least) before Hunt's return and with now far easier games against the Titans, Rabbits, Panthers, Sea Eagles, Tigers, Warriors as his next six, he will surely have more explosive attacking scores.

Considering the majority of his stats come from attacking plays (tackle breaks, line breaks, line break assists) as opposed to defensive stats (tackles, kick metres) this upcoming opposition (most with some pretty flimsy defense) has him primed for a considerable increase in scores.

Following on from my quote about Milford I think we will see the opposite happen to SJ (ie drop in points) in his next 6 games. Whilst talking about the Broncos first 6 games as being tough when you look at SJ and the Warriors only 2 of the 6 teams hey have played sit in the top 8 and have any real substance to them. More importantly the Warriors have only left NZ once in those 6 games. Looking at the Warriors next 6 Raiders, Storm, Panthers, Roosters, Dragons, Broncos, attacking stats will be limited and defenses will be much tighter with this opposition. Also, believe it or not, the Warriors will have to leave NZ to play matches.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:11 pm

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:

Following on from my quote about Milford I think we will see the opposite happen to SJ (ie drop in points) in his next 6 games. Whilst talking about the Broncos first 6 games as being tough when you look at SJ and the Warriors 2of the 6 teams hey have played sit in the top 8 and have any real substance. More importantly the Warriors have only left NZ once in those 6 games. Looking at the Warriors next 6 Raiders, Storm, Panthers, Roosters, Dragons, Broncos, attacking stats will be limited and defenses will be much tighter with this opposition. Also, believe it or not, the Warriors will have to leave NZ to play matches.
    Maybe, though SJ normally carves us up and I think i could make an argument for why he would score well against Roosters, Panthers, Broncos and Dragons. I mean the thing I agree that could have an impact is travel and thus having shorter recovery + training time between games and such, but I think it might just be wishful thinking on my part and will more than likely continue scoring high all year round.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:11 pm

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:
    Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:I think that chat about Milf is a great call. Broncs have had by far and away the toughest opening opposition in the comp in the first 6 rounds (5 of the 6 genuine premiership contenders). Thus his scores have not been great. Not to mention he shares the field with another highly rated half who demands to get his hands on the ball as much as him.

As we know he will be the dominant half for the next 6 rounds (at least) before Hunt's return and with now far easier games against the Titans, Rabbits, Panthers, Sea Eagles, Tigers, Warriors as his next six, he will surely have more explosive attacking scores.

Considering the majority of his stats come from attacking plays (tackle breaks, line breaks, line break assists) as opposed to defensive stats (tackles, kick metres) this upcoming opposition (most with some pretty flimsy defense) has him primed for a considerable increase in scores.

Following on from my quote about Milford I think we will see the opposite happen to SJ (ie drop in points) in his next 6 games. Whilst talking about the Broncos first 6 games as being tough when you look at SJ and the Warriors only 2 of the 6 teams hey have played sit in the top 8 and have any real substance to them. More importantly the Warriors have only left NZ once in those 6 games. Looking at the Warriors next 6 Raiders, Storm, Panthers, Roosters, Dragons, Broncos, attacking stats will be limited and defenses will be much tighter with this opposition. Also, believe it or not, the Warriors will have to leave NZ to play matches.

Tempting but he has an absolute shocker in him, but yeah, take your point that the chances of him having one of those 20's is reduced and the MASSIVE score chances are increased.
    Frol

Post by Frol Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:11 pm

Onthebeatpete wrote:Is anyone else trading gutho out?

Yep
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:19 pm

Onthebeatpete wrote:

Cheers milchow, sorry, hadn't been on for a little bit.
    Yeah was thinking along those lines, shame really. He was going so well!
    Is the Moses thing confirmed or is it just speculation at the moment?

Speculation.

There have been reports this week that he's "definitely" on his way soon. But also reports that he might renege on Parra and stick with Tigers.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:29 pm

Archer wrote:
    I can tell you where to go if you'd like, bloody showoff.
    Shall I show off my rank of 13561??
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:52 pm

Who do you guys think I should choose out of Vaughn and Fifita?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:53 pm

Onthebeatpete wrote:

Nice team welshy! Can you maybe upgrade Yates or strengthen your front row?
    Are you thinking about Crichton?
    Yes mate looking at either Crichton in for Yates or punting ET to free cash
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:54 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Speculation.

There have been reports this week that he's "definitely" on his way soon. But also reports that he might renege on Parra and stick with Tigers.

No worries, cheers!
    I think I'll get rid of him, bit disappointed, but he frees up a lot of cash..
    charliemurphy
    charliemurphy

Post by charliemurphy Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:55 pm

Stuck on whether or not I should bring in Leilua or Croker this week.

Croker is one of my favourite players, but Leilua has that high ceiling and last years stats showed he had the better average.

Either one will be a keeper.

Pls help.
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:56 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Yes mate looking at either Crichton in for Yates or punting ET to free cash

Noice!! I was looking at Crichton too.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:57 pm

charliemurphy wrote:Stuck on whether or not I should bring in Leilua or Croker this week.

Croker is one of my favourite players, but Leilua has that high ceiling and last years stats showed he had the better average.

Pls help.
    If you think BJ will average more get him because he is cheaper mate

I'd rather Croker his year but that is just a gut feel
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:01 am

charliemurphy wrote:Stuck on whether or not I should bring in Leilua or Croker this week.

Pls help.
    I'd choose Croker, but purely because of my bias. Last weeks press conference Sticky mentioned that Croker wasn't able to practice goal kicking all week so it sounds like he's still not quite right, contrast that with BJ who's fit and firing and the sensible choice seems to be Leilua.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:05 am

Onthebeatpete wrote:Who do you guys think I should choose out of Vaughn and Fifita?

Which one will make Origin? Both? Neither?

On this year's form alone you'd have to say Vaughan but Fifita is a 'proven' gun..

Um..the Sharks play R12?

Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:24 am

StuDogg101 wrote:

Which one will make Origin? Both? Neither?

On this year's form alone you'd have to say Vaughan but Fifita is a 'proven' gun..

Um..the Sharks play R12?

Cheers yeah, I'm thinking Fifita, mostly because he has been a proven gun in the past and he is a tiny bit cheaper lol
    If I go that way I should have enough for J. Bromwich next week too which would give me a team of this for next week. Then no more trades for a while lol

A. McCullough, (B. Hampton)
    A. Fifita, J. Graham, (J. Bromwich)
    E. Whitehead, P. Gallen, S. Mannering (J. McGuire)
    S. Johnson, C. Norman
    J. Leilua, J. Idris
    J. Tedesco, R. Tuivasa Sheck, J. Hayne (K. Ponga)

Hopefully trade up Ponga to Dugan or similar when he reaches his peak and Hayne to the bench lol
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:27 am

Onthebeatpete wrote:

Cheers yeah, I'm thinking Fifita, mostly because he has been a proven gun in the past and he is a tiny bit cheaper lol
    If I go that way I should have enough for J. Bromwich next week too which would give me a team of this for next week. Then no more trades for a while lol

A. McCullough, (B. Hampton)
    A. Fifita, J. Graham, (J. Bromwich)
    E. Whitehead, P. Gallen, S. Mannering (J. McGuire)
    S. Johnson, C. Norman
    J. Leilua, J. Idris
    J. Tedesco, R. Tuivasa Sheck, J. Hayne (K. Ponga)

Hopefully trade up Ponga to Dugan or similar when he reaches his peak and Hayne to the bench lol
    That side is insane
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:28 am

Welshy wrote:
    That side is insane

Thhhaaaannkks Welshy!!!!! Very Happy

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:25 am