NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 24

standard-issue
    standard-issue

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 24 - Page 45 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 24

Post by standard-issue Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:14 pm

Well that's twice in a week I have had to catch up on nearly a full day of posting. That was another thoroughly enjoyable 15 or so pages Very Happy
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 24 - Page 45 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 24

Post by Mearcats Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:16 pm

Showbags wrote:How about these trades if you are supplying advice!

Talaki to slater via cotric
    Kbrom to bodene.

I could also do moga to chn this week, will allow me to monitor bodene for a week. However, if i go bodene this week, i can double trade next week to bring in whitehead and free cash up for jbrom the following week. For brailey, i am planning on trading out hess, otherwise if hess is going good i will trade out brailey to katoa when he peaks, then trade out a cow in 2rf when peaked to bring in hooker

Second option is
    Talaki to slater
    Moga to katoa (brailey planning) instead of chn

Again i will struggle to bring in jbrom bodene and whitehead in next 3 weeks....... unless i cash out elgey or another cow.

Can you just do Moga to Slater? Leave Talaki for another week or two? He still has a bit to make. I like the KBrom to Bodene trade. Either this week or next is fine, neither will change a great deal in value I feel. That decision is yours.

I'm concerned about your Brailey plan tho. Do you have the depth to cover Katoa? Or the trades? I really don't like that idea.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:17 pm

Welshy wrote:
    didn't realise that thought he was in the 21

nevermind carry on  Laughing

He is in the 21 mate, jersey 20. I expect he'll be bumped tho.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:18 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:I traded out Smat. Hes the new Aubbs and I got in Tolo instead. Happy with my decision

Love
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:20 pm

SI wrote:Well that's twice in a week I have had to catch up on nearly a full day of posting.  That was another thoroughly enjoyable 15 or so pages Very Happy

Thank fuck! The mesSIah is here. Now I can stop pretending I know what I'm talking about! Lol!

No one misses that pun, it's dad joke level blatant!
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:21 pm

Mearcats wrote:

Can you just do Moga to Slater? Leave Talaki for another week or two? He still has a bit to make. I like the KBrom to Bodene trade. Either this week or next is fine, neither will change a great deal in value I feel. That decision is yours.

I'm concerned about your Brailey plan tho. Do you have the depth to cover Katoa? Or the trades? I really don't like that idea.
    If you are doing the KBrom - Bodene trade I would do it this week
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:24 pm

Welshy wrote:
    If you are doing the KBrom - Bodene trade I would do it this week

Yeah, just been looking further at this myself (for my own side) and convinced that if you go ahead with this plan it should be this week as well.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:27 pm

BroncHose wrote:With all this talk of origin already, my team is going to be destroyed in a couple of weeks. I'll potentially lose:
    Smith
    James (possibly but doubtful)
    Pearce
    TTrbo
    Slater

That is just about all my decent players. All this talk about making up ground during origin - I'm going to be the one trampled in the dust by all the teams ranked 10000 onwards...

Always hard choosing what strategy. Personally I bye plan heavily and make trades around byes during byes. Always see my rank improve dramatically BUT after byes drift out a bit again.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:29 pm

Mearcats wrote:

Yeah, just been looking further at this myself (for my own side) and convinced that if you go ahead with this plan it should be this week as well.
    KBrom if he scores +5 points on his season average, so 38 he will make ~$4,000. that's an ask on his current scoring
    Bodene will score 45-50 and either make or lose ~$2,000

for the sake of ~$6,000 max you are getting 7-10 points more. MINIMUM
    Go Refs
    Go Refs

Post by Go Refs Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:36 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

But it's still funny to see bom

Last week it was Mitch Moses and Siro, both smash out big scores.. all talk dies down.

Hopefully that trend continues as I'm playing both Lamb and SMat again this week with Jacks on standby if Lamb drops out.

(newbie) I have Lamb on stand bye (R) and Jacks on the field due to who plays first. Can change R without being locked in. Just asking as I am still learning. Can we change field player one hour before kick off or just R players
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:39 pm

Welshy wrote:
    KBrom if he scores +5 points on his season average, so 38 he will make ~$4,000. that's an ask on his current scoring
    Bodene will score 45-50 and either make or lose ~$2,000

for the sake of ~$6,000 max you are getting 7-10 points more. MINIMUM

Sign me up!

Post by Guest Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:45 pm

Nice maths welshy, but for me it gets a little more complicated so more inclined to make this trade next week

Kromwich + Slater vs Bodene + Cotric

Slater also has a BE of 7
    Showbags
    Showbags

Post by Showbags Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:45 pm

Mearcats wrote:

1k short of Moga. Katoa is a spur of the moment thought. I am trying to find a way to utilise cash now instead of saving cash.

Current team
    Smith Brailey
    Faufusi JWH Wallace Yates
    Gallen ET Hess KBrom Aubs MCK
    SJ Lamb Elgey Jacks
    Talaki Smat Kelly Moga
    RTS Guths Cotric Suli Hayne
    103k ITB

Idea is the following weeks traes are (143k ITB with katoa trade)
    Kbrom to Bodene (for 70k)
    Moga/Suli to Cash out (150k ITB)
    Then
    Kelly to Whitehead for
    Suli to Cash out
    Then
    Faufusi to Jbrom
    Brailey to Cash out with aim to bring mcinnes/macca the next week via hess/et
    At this stage my team would be
    Smith Katoa
    JBom JWH Wallace Yates
    Gallen Bodene Whitehead ET Hess npr
    SJ Lamb Jacks Elgey
    Aubs Smat MCK npr
    Guths RTS Slater Hayne Cotric
    about 200k ITB to go Hess/ET to Hooker

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:46 pm

Go Refs wrote:
    WT Winfield wrote:

But it's still funny to see bom

Last week it was Mitch Moses and Siro, both smash out big scores.. all talk dies down.

Hopefully that trend continues as I'm playing both Lamb and SMat again this week with Jacks on standby if Lamb drops out.

(newbie) I have Lamb on stand bye (R) and Jacks on the field due to who plays first. Can change R without being locked in. Just asking as I am still learning. Can we change field player one hour before kick off or just R players

Yep, can swap them around right up till the game kicks off. I assume you have discovered the Lockout clock, but if not it's above your team name on front page. Can change any player that hasn't played yet up till then, allthough making/reversing trades can be a bit trickier, especially if they involve DPP.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:52 pm

Going Moga to Slater but not sure if I go Talakai to Bodene this week or next;

Smith Brailey
    Fifita Wallace Musgrove Yates
    Surgess Hess SMat Kaufusi Siro Winterstein
    Jacks Norman Elgey Lamb
    Idris Talakai Kelly Moga
    RTS Turbo Cotric Suli Ponga

Talakai could still make some decent coin but so can Bodene.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:52 pm

Go Refs wrote:

(newbie) I have Lamb on stand bye (R) and Jacks on the field due to who plays first. Can change R without being locked in. Just asking as I am still learning,

Lamb plays 4th and Jacks 6th, so I would always be starting Lamb over Jacks in that situation. Always start your earliest playing players if your R'ing them anyway. (Exception Captain Cam).

If Lamb is ruled out, then remove the R from Jacks, switch him in for Lamb and put the R elsewhere.

If your next best choice has already played (say.. Frank Winterstein, Herman Ese'ese etc.), then it's probably best to R him first and then decide between Lamb or Jacks on the day.

Hope I covered it.. Always start your earliest players is the key bit though :p

Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:52 pm

Boozecluez wrote:Nice maths welshy, but for me it gets a little more complicated so more inclined to make this trade next week

Kromwich + Slater vs Bodene + Cotric

Slater also has a BE of 7
    You won't miss out on cash if you wait, this week is the time if you want extra points
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:04 pm

Go Refs wrote:

Missed your edit. Yeah as SI said, you can move players around up until their team plays and becomes locked.

The closer it gets to lockout time, you run the risk of it not saving correctly, especially if you're using the phone app. Never happened to me, but try to make the changes as early as possible.

This is how my team is set up this week due to the schedule

(C)am
    McGuire, Yates
    Sironen, Merrin, FKaufusi
    Maloney, Lamb
    etc.

Rs: Ryan James, de Belin, Mannering, Brailey or Jacks depending on Lamb.

Most people wouldn't R big names like James, de Belin or Mannering, but given the schedule and ability to move players up until their teams lockout, it is the optimal setup.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:04 pm

Welshy wrote:
    You won't miss out on cash if you wait, this week is the time if you want extra points
    If Slater scores 32, he goes up 20k in price
    So leaving him until next week means it could cost even more if he scores higher.
    Bodene' price will be similar to this weeks

Points wise Kromwich and Slater should outscore Bodene and Cotric too (largely dependent on cotric)
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:07 pm

Oh and my trades this week...

T. Moga -> C. Harawira-Naera
    M. Suli -> M. Aubusson

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:32 am