NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    QLD State of Origin 2018 Thread

    Share

    Ice

    Posts : 1289
    Reputation : 103
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: QLD State of Origin 2018 Thread

    Post by Ice on Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:57 am

    How bout Boyds effort, dropped from the Qld side cause he isnt  good enough. Then announces his retirement from Rep footy, dude, you've been dropped, classic Shane Watson retiring from test cricket after he'd been dropped. Dudes, you've been dropped, no need to retire.

    I'd like to announce here today my retirement from professional sport also, but I'm not doing any interviews or a press conference.

    Dip

    Posts : 1439
    Reputation : 245
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: QLD State of Origin 2018 Thread

    Post by Dip on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:34 pm

    Just enjoy the rep record of the most successful test player ever Ice. 23-0-0.

    Ice

    Posts : 1289
    Reputation : 103
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: QLD State of Origin 2018 Thread

    Post by Ice on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:08 pm

    @Dip wrote:Just enjoy the rep record of the most successful test player ever Ice. 23-0-0.

    Should have retired whilst on top.

    Great record though. But does anyone reckon he make an All Time Australian first or second team, or possibly even third for that matter? I doubt it.
    avatar
    MrCashman

    Posts : 455
    Reputation : 100
    Join date : 2017-02-13
    Location : Leichhardt Oval

    Re: QLD State of Origin 2018 Thread

    Post by MrCashman on Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:23 am

    Ponga to add some spark to game two, can see him causing headaches down the left side every time he gets the ball
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2887
    Reputation : 299
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: QLD State of Origin 2018 Thread

    Post by Pieman on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:23 am

    @ryney

    Ponga - Port Hedland (WA), thats in queeensslllaaannddddd
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2887
    Reputation : 299
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: QLD State of Origin 2018 Thread

    Post by Pieman on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:24 am

    @Ice wrote:How bout Boyds effort, dropped from the Qld side cause he isnt  good enough. Then announces his retirement from Rep footy, dude, you've been dropped, classic Shane Watson retiring from test cricket after he'd been dropped. Dudes, you've been dropped, no need to retire.

    I'd like to announce here today my retirement from professional sport also, but I'm not doing any interviews or a press conference.

    absolutely, just puts the punctuation mark on what a fuckwit he has been his whole career.
    You got DROPPPPEDDD THE FUCKK OUT SONNNNNN

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 1397
    Reputation : 347
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: QLD State of Origin 2018 Thread

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:52 am

    @Pieman wrote:

    absolutely, just puts the punctuation mark on what a fuckwit he has been his whole career.
    You got DROPPPPEDDD THE FUCKK OUT SONNNNNN

    Not selected due to injury and then selflessly steps aside when there would have been considerable pressure from Kev to select him.

    If that is being dropped, then Joey Johns ended what was a decent enough career by being dropped also.

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 1397
    Reputation : 347
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: QLD State of Origin 2018 Thread

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:54 am

    Don't mind the team selected (assuming Glasby is the 18th man).

    Can't wait to see Ponga tear them apart when he comes on.


    Dip

    Posts : 1439
    Reputation : 245
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: QLD State of Origin 2018 Thread

    Post by Dip on Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:16 pm

    @Oz Sport Mad wrote:

    Not selected due to injury and then selflessly steps aside when there would have been considerable pressure from Kev to select him.

    If that is being dropped, then Joey Johns ended what was a decent enough career by being dropped also.

    Well in fairness, Andrew Johns only won 7 out of 16 matches he played at halfback in Origin in a time NSW were dominant from the mid 90's to mid 2000's, so you can't really compare him to Boyd and his great record.

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 1397
    Reputation : 347
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: QLD State of Origin 2018 Thread

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:42 pm

    @Dip wrote:

    Well in fairness, Andrew Johns only won 7 out of 16 matches he played at halfback in Origin in a time NSW were dominant from the mid 90's to mid 2000's, so you can't really compare him to Boyd and his great record.

    Yeah look I tried to downplay the wording by using 'decent enough' but you are spot on, I should have gone with 'average'
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2887
    Reputation : 299
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: QLD State of Origin 2018 Thread

    Post by Pieman on Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:08 pm

    @Oz Sport Mad wrote:

    Not selected due to injury and then selflessly steps aside when there would have been considerable pressure from Kev to select him.

    If that is being dropped, then Joey Johns ended what was a decent enough career by being dropped also.

    you could use that analogy but you would be wrong, considering johns got hurt and never played again
    Plus, When was boyd not selected due to injury? lol. He played for the broncos every game this year hasnt he?

    Dip

    Posts : 1439
    Reputation : 245
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: QLD State of Origin 2018 Thread

    Post by Dip on Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:39 pm

    Ah he wasn’t selected due to injury for game 3 last year

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 1397
    Reputation : 347
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: QLD State of Origin 2018 Thread

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:43 pm

    @Pieman wrote:

    you could use that analogy but you would be wrong, considering johns got hurt and never played again
    Plus, When was boyd not selected due to injury? lol. He played for the broncos every game this year hasnt he?

    As Dip mentioned, Game 3 last year.

    As for this years injury affected performances for the Broncos, that is but another feather in his cap and now that you mention it, that sort of toughness may well help explain why he has tasted a lot more success than Johns.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2887
    Reputation : 299
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: QLD State of Origin 2018 Thread

    Post by Pieman on Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:49 pm

    yep, but hes playing so that means he is fit and available to be picked. I assume he stepped aside last year and then didnt play for the broncos the preceding/following week - this is such a fucking rediculous argument hahahaha

    boyd got dropped for the last game. didnt get picked this game. just like milford has been dropped for this game. QLD loyalty... haha. Ha. Ha.

    Dip

    Posts : 1439
    Reputation : 245
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: QLD State of Origin 2018 Thread

    Post by Dip on Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:22 pm

    Boyd missed several weeks with a broken thumb.

    Ice

    Posts : 1289
    Reputation : 103
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: QLD State of Origin 2018 Thread

    Post by Ice on Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:24 pm

    I like the changes they have made. Slater is the best fullback ever, Ponga is the future Aus 1 and Milford is a myth at rep level. This firms their favouritism for game 2 and the series even further, especially given NSW will have to field another debutant to replace RCG.
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 5063
    Reputation : 2069
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: QLD State of Origin 2018 Thread

    Post by No Worries on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:17 pm

    @Dip wrote:Ah he wasn’t selected due to injury for game 3 last year


    @Oz Sport Mad wrote:

    As Dip mentioned, Game 3 last year.

    As for this years injury affected performances for the Broncos, that is but another feather in his cap and now that you mention it, that sort of toughness may well help explain why he has tasted a lot more success than Johns.





    Tha'll fucking do me Boyd wasn't selected because he's Robin Hood robbing the rich to give to the poor.

    Now that's a long bow

    Dip

    Posts : 1439
    Reputation : 245
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: QLD State of Origin 2018 Thread

    Post by Dip on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:31 pm

    I don’t understand. You don’t agree the only reason Boyd was dropped for game 3 last year was because he had a broken thumb?
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2887
    Reputation : 299
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: QLD State of Origin 2018 Thread

    Post by Pieman on Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:26 am

    @Dip wrote:I don’t understand. You don’t agree the only reason Boyd was dropped for game 3 last year was because he had a broken thumb?
    yeah but he didnt "step aside because he was unfit", he was injured.
    It also has nothing to do with the fact he was dropped for game 1 and 2 this year then conveniently retired from rep footy, most likely after kev and mal both told him he wouldnt be selected any more
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 5063
    Reputation : 2069
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: QLD State of Origin 2018 Thread

    Post by No Worries on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:46 am

    @Dip wrote:I don’t understand. You don’t agree the only reason Boyd was dropped for game 3 last year was because he had a broken thumb?

    I understand why he missed a game 10 months ago, but I would have expected Boyd to have recovered since game 3 last year and with such a stella representative record, been not only an automatic choice, but considered incumbent. What I didn't realise was that 1 game got you incombunancy under QLD loyalty laws forcing your stars into retirement.

      Current date/time is Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:46 pm