NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread

Ice

QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread

Post by Ice Tue May 23, 2017 8:28 am

leaguegod wrote:

We shall see!
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread

Post by No Worries Tue May 23, 2017 8:30 am

Ice wrote:Is it just me or was Kevvie basically crying during his presser?

Yep. If you watch it in slow mo you can actually see the moment he realizes he's got no fucking clue.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue May 23, 2017 9:01 am

Pieman wrote:Its hilarious hey Ice
    They talk about how good their team has been for the last 10 years, but before every game all of a sudden they are harping on about how they are underdogs... too funny.

Generally it is fairly even but I think this year we are clearly going into the match as genuine underdogs.

Decimated by injury and even if JT plays he'll be at about 20% fitness and will be basically a liability out there.
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue May 23, 2017 9:17 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

I generally like the team Kev has picked but I would have picked Slater and shifted Boyd to the wing at the expense of Oates (who is terribly out of form).

Have you seen much of the Broncos this year? Across the year Oates, Rapana and Vunivalu have probably been the form wingers in the comp. I personally would have picked Valentine Holmes before him, but it's not because of Oates' form.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Tue May 23, 2017 9:22 am

leaguegod wrote:of fuck off, you guys arn't trying to be under dogs again, once JT makes his 'miracle recovery', the matchup between the spine is

Boyd/Jt/Cronk/Smith
    V
    Teddy/maloney/pearce/peats

the only one that is even close to debatable is fullback but on 2017 form, not even that is debatable to be honest

Im not claiming to be underdogs if JT comes back, but with the 1-17 on paper as is, $2.10 is great value for NSW. I think the 2 teams are a lot closer then that.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue May 23, 2017 9:55 am

Dip wrote:

Have you seen much of the Broncos this year? Across the year Oates, Rapana and Vunivalu have probably been the form wingers in the comp. I personally would have picked Valentine Holmes before him, but it's not because of Oates' form.

Umm just every minute they've played....

I love Oatesy, so maybe I am judging him more critically than I should be (I do the same with my kids)??

But I just feel his hands are letting him down both under the high ball and with his finishing, which I think has been well below his usual standards.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue May 23, 2017 10:00 am

i havn't seen him drop any bombs this year ? could be wrong but his troubles from mid-late last year havn't seem to have carried forward.

oates is still a big metre gainer, which is huge, if i was to drop one QLD back, its probs o'neil who is in terrible form, Gagai would do the job at centre and that opens up a wing spot

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue May 23, 2017 11:36 am

Oates is not terribly out of form, he is just not getting the ball he was getting previously as Moga doesnt like to pass and he has also spilled a few with nothing but the try line in front of him. He doesnt have a great partnership with Moga.

In saying that - I am happy they picked Oates over Holmes.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue May 23, 2017 11:38 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Generally it is fairly even but I think this year we are clearly going into the match as genuine underdogs.

Decimated by injury and even if JT plays he'll be at about 20% fitness and will be basically a liability out there.

Fuck off. This stuff is just baiting and trolling at its best. No QLDer actually thinks that their side is nearly even with the NSW side. And with Cam smith alone in the side - the team should be fav.
    Let alone Smith boyd cronk and prob thurston.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue May 23, 2017 11:58 am

Pieman wrote:

Fuck off. This stuff is just baiting and trolling at its best. No QLDer actually thinks that their side is nearly even with the NSW side. And with Cam smith alone in the side - the team should be fav.
    Let alone Smith boyd cronk and prob thurston.

Do you really think, with the 1-17 as is, that NSW should be further out then $2.10?
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue May 23, 2017 12:05 pm

Which national anthem do you think the Queenslanders will sing ?
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue May 23, 2017 12:11 pm

No Worries wrote:Which national anthem do you think the Queenslanders will sing ?

Singin' Yi Yi Yipee Yipee Yi....
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue May 23, 2017 1:52 pm

On a side note, remember at the start of last year when 8 Emerging Maroons were suspended for a year and most NSW fans were saying it was a token suspension as they weren't anywhere near selection? Well here's where those guys are now:
    Milford - Origin 5/8
    Napa - Origin Prop
    Holmes - Test Winger
    Wallace - the guy "unlucky to miss out"
    Munster - another guy on the cusp of selection
    Hunt - former Test Player
    Lee & Grevsmuhl - less said the better.

Perhaps Kevvie was right dishing out the punishment. The top 5 in particular have gone away and really enhanced their reputation over the last 15 months.
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue May 23, 2017 2:29 pm

leaguegod wrote:of fuck off, you guys arn't trying to be under dogs again, once JT makes his 'miracle recovery', the matchup between the spine is

Boyd/Jt/Cronk/Smith
    V
    Teddy/maloney/pearce/peats

the only one that is even close to debatable is fullback but on 2017 form, not even that is debatable to be honest

All of the following are better than NSW Origin spine:
    First Choice:
    Boyd, Thurston, Cronk, Smith

Second Choice:
    Slater, Milford, DCE, McCullough

Third Choice:
    Holmes, Morgan, Taylor, Friend

Injured Team:
    Inglis, Norman, Hunt, Segeyaro/Granville

The last two might be a stretch to say they're better, but gee, it'd be a stretch to say they're worse as well. I have no doubt the first two are better though.

No real point this post, it just makes me feel great to be a Queenslander.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue May 23, 2017 4:06 pm

your 3rd one is a massive stretch imo

teddy >>>>>>>>> holmes (holmes a proven elite winger, not fullback)
    Maloney > morgan (close but i'd have maloney here)
    Pearce >>> taylor - taylor is promising but this is still pretty clear
    peats < friend - probs not as close morgan/maloney but closer then pearce/taylor

if the injured one is granville, i'd probably take that spine over ours actually. i think the 2nd option is actually fairly close with NSW tho

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed May 24, 2017 7:42 am

ryno_ wrote:

Do you really think, with the 1-17 as is, that NSW should be further out then $2.10?

That's not what I said.
    You must be blind blah blah blah
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed May 24, 2017 7:52 am

Dip wrote:

All of the following are better than NSW Origin spine:
    First Choice:
    Boyd, Thurston, Cronk, Smith

Second Choice:
    Slater, Milford, DCE, McCullough

Third Choice:
    Holmes, Morgan, Taylor, Friend

Injured Team:
    Inglis, Norman, Hunt, Segeyaro/Granville

The last two might be a stretch to say they're better, but gee, it'd be a stretch to say they're worse as well. I have no doubt the first two are better though.

No real point this post, it just makes me feel great to be a Queenslander.

May be a small hint of bias in those assessments Dippa.....but it's a good point you've raised nonetheless.

Another thing to note is that NSW have about 60% more people to choose from and still have no depth.

Again, all just random facts but it's fun to point out.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed May 24, 2017 8:26 am

we have some solid depth in some positions, just you know not that ones that regularly win you origin games lol
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed May 24, 2017 10:32 am

Dip wrote:On a side note, remember at the start of last year when 8 Emerging Maroons were suspended for a year and most NSW fans were saying it was a token suspension as they weren't anywhere near selection? Well here's where those guys are now:
    Milford - Origin 5/8
    Napa - Origin Prop
    Holmes - Test Winger
    Wallace - the guy "unlucky to miss out"
    Munster - another guy on the cusp of selection
    Hunt - former Test Player
    Lee & Grevsmuhl - less said the better.

Perhaps Kevvie was right dishing out the punishment. The top 5 in particular have gone away and really enhanced their reputation over the last 15 months.

Napa is the only one out of that list who may have been picked last year. The rest, no.

And holmes, well they picked him in the Aus team anyway after Mal said the suspension would carry on to the Aus team.. sooo.. good stuff

Fact is, all of those guys - bar possibly napa - have only come into contention in rep teams last and this year because of injury.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed May 24, 2017 10:38 am

News just in: 8 QLD players have come down with conjunctivitis and have been quarantined and can't train, 4 have shingles and have gone to hospital for observation, Milf has returned to Bronco's training because Wayne said so and JT wants to play and in an uncanny coincidence Boyd has fell off a futon and has been left with a cut over his eye and is in doubt.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:43 pm