NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 15

    Share

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 15

    Post by Guest on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:16 am

    Was going to post this in here but thought I would give it it's own thread

    http://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t455-booze-s-top-10-traded-player-archives

    Top 10 traded in and out players and biggest price drops

    Luke Keary sitting in 5th place for traded in
    Tom Trbo also sitting in 5th for traded out
    Elliot Whitehead in 2nd place for losing 27k last week

    FebruaryChamp

    Posts : 141
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2017-01-25

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 15

    Post by FebruaryChamp on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:19 am

    Anyone find it odd that you can't change captain and vice captain after game 1 but you can change most other things?
    avatar
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 2508
    Reputation : 194
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : UK

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 15

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:20 am

    Two options lads

    Saifiti > Wallace is part of both trades and to go with that trade are:

    A. Pythian > Moga leaving 70k
    B. Pythian > Musgrove moving SMat to the centres leaving 0k

    What do you guys reckon?
    avatar
    MrCashman

    Posts : 248
    Reputation : 56
    Join date : 2017-02-13
    Location : Leichhardt Oval

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 15

    Post by MrCashman on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:20 am

    Captain JDB

    I expect him to play the 80 this week, Parra will test the Saints and I expect him to make 50/60 tackles plus his metres gained and the odd offload.
    avatar
    Scouter

    Posts : 351
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2015-11-26

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 15

    Post by Scouter on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:22 am

    @Warriors wrote:Just summing up my thoughts on some trade ideas.

    I think any gun deserves another shot this week e.g people jumping off players like Gallen/Merrin/surgess etc to bring in JDB/tedesco on the back of try scoring games is ludicrous.

    I would only be chasing JDB if I didn't have good captaincy options in Fifita/smith/McInnes.

    People jumping off midrangers that scored 40 points e.g KBrom and ET I think is a wasted trade. Looks like they will both make money.  Hell they scored better than a lot of guns I will mention below.

    The way I see it JDB and Tedesco and Barnett are now all overpriced compared to their average. Players will score above their average and below their average all year, an average is an average.

    It's a long season and you need to be patient. Think about your team as a collective 17 scoring points per dollar. You are better off in the long run picking up Jbrom/ mannering/ b Thompson/ Merrin/ burgess/ whitehead underpriced than paying a premium for JDB/Barnett now based on 1 game. But I guess we can all be short sighted at times. People also seem to be forgetting the byes as all three of these targets don't play round 12.

    Save trades and play the long game, plan for byes

    Thats a sensible post, early trading should be geared towards chasing value not chasing points.

    Of course great trades accomplish both.
    avatar
    MrCashman

    Posts : 248
    Reputation : 56
    Join date : 2017-02-13
    Location : Leichhardt Oval

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 15

    Post by MrCashman on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:25 am

    @Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Two options lads

    Saifiti > Wallace is part of both trades and to go with that trade are:

    A. Pythian > Moga leaving 70k
    B. Pythian > Musgrove moving SMat to the centres leaving 0k

    What do you guys reckon?

    B.
    avatar
    wolfking

    Posts : 4405
    Reputation : 634
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 33
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 15

    Post by wolfking on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:26 am

    @Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Two options lads

    Saifiti > Wallace is part of both trades and to go with that trade are:

    A. Pythian > Moga leaving 70k
    B. Pythian > Musgrove moving SMat to the centres leaving 0k

    What do you guys reckon?

    That's tough, and depends on the makeup of your team really.  Moga with a low BE and the 70K would probably be my pick.  Saying that, I'm expecting big things from Musgrove, so he could become a quality usable starting front rower.

    EDIT: Just realised your moving SMat, that's a big plus too.
    avatar
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 2508
    Reputation : 194
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : UK

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 15

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:29 am

    @wolfking wrote:

    That's tough, and depends on the makeup of your team really.  Moga with a low BE and the 70K would probably be my pick.  Saying that, I'm expecting big things from Musgrove, so he could become a quality usable starting front rower.
    Will give me Wallace, Musgrove, Sironen and Kaufusi as reserves
    avatar
    wolfking

    Posts : 4405
    Reputation : 634
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 33
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 15

    Post by wolfking on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:39 am

    @Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Will give me Wallace, Musgrove, Sironen and Kaufusi as reserves

    Fucking legit mate. What's the rest of your team looking like?
    avatar
    TheWeapon

    Posts : 75
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2016-02-08
    Age : 35

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 15

    Post by TheWeapon on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:48 am

    @FebruaryChamp wrote:Anyone find it odd that you can't change captain and vice captain after game 1 but you can change most other things?

    It is a way for them to close the 'VC loophole'. Years ago (and in other DT/SC games), you could put the VC on a player with an early match, and if they scored well, move the C to a non playing reserve so you get the VC double points and an auto emergency for the captain.
    avatar
    wolfking

    Posts : 4405
    Reputation : 634
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 33
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 15

    Post by wolfking on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:50 am

    @TheWeapon wrote:

    It is a way for them to close the 'VC loophole'. Years ago (and in other DT/SC games), you could put the VC on a player with an early match, and if they scored well, move the C to a non playing reserve so you get the VC double points and an auto emergency for the captain.

    Your captain and vice have been locked for the 3 years I've been playing. The new loophole moving your captain to the bench works fine if you have just 17 players. Obviously doesn't work if you have 18 or more.
    avatar
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 2508
    Reputation : 194
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : UK

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 15

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:04 am

    @wolfking wrote:

    Fucking legit mate.  What's the rest of your team looking like?
    After that set of trades:

    Smith, Brailey
    Fifita, Vaughan, Musgrove, Kaufusi
    McGuire, ET, Wallace, KBrom, Sironen, Yates
    Moses, Lamb, Elgey, Jacks
    SMat, Talakai, Idris, Kelly
    Turbo, RTS, Hayne, Suli, Cotric

    0k left, solid without being spectacular
    avatar
    wolfking

    Posts : 4405
    Reputation : 634
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 33
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 15

    Post by wolfking on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:06 am

    @Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    After that set of trades:

    Smith, Brailey
    Fifita, Vaughan, Musgrove, Kaufusi
    McGuire, ET, Wallace, KBrom, Sironen, Yates
    Moses, Lamb, Elgey, Jacks
    SMat, Talakai, Idris, Kelly
    Turbo, RTS, Hayne, Suli, Cotric

    0k left, solid without being spectacular

    Solid across the park mate. Like the Vaughan pick, nice punt so far.
    avatar
    my tv broke

    Posts : 3471
    Reputation : 458
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : SUNCORP STADIUM

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 15

    Post by my tv broke on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:06 am

    Boozecluez wrote:Was going to post this in here but thought I would give it it's own thread

    http://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t455-booze-s-top-10-traded-player-archives

    I like that Tommy T is in the most traded out list. People gonna trade him back in if he scores 80 this week?
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 8348
    Reputation : 1254
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 15

    Post by Welshy on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:08 am

    @my tv broke wrote:

    I like that Tommy T is in the most traded out list. People gonna trade him back in if he scores 80 this week?
    If he goes sub 30 this week Il get him in for Phythian next week
    avatar
    wolfking

    Posts : 4405
    Reputation : 634
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 33
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 15

    Post by wolfking on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:09 am

    What do you guys think. My two sensible trades this week were Saifiti to Wallace and Pythian to Moga. With Cartwright possibly not playing, do I do both these trades and take an AE if he doesn't play and hold him, or just do one of these trades and if he doesn't play, upgrade him to JDB? If he doesn't play and I upgrade him, which one of my two trades do I do?
    avatar
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 2508
    Reputation : 194
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : UK

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 15

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:10 am

    @wolfking wrote:

    Solid across the park mate.  Like the Vaughan pick, nice punt so far.
    Think I'll go with that. The lack of funds I can address in the future.
    avatar
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 2508
    Reputation : 194
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : UK

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 15

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:11 am

    @wolfking wrote:What do you guys think.  My two sensible trades this week were Saifiti to Wallace and Pythian to Moga.  With Cartwright possibly not playing, do I do both these trades and take an AE if he doesn't play and hold him, or just do one of these trades and if he doesn't play, upgrade him to JDB?  If he doesn't play and I upgrade him, which one of my two trades do I do?
    Saifiti to Wallace so I'm not alone in this journey haha.

    Haha no honestly that sounds like the goer to me.
    avatar
    Showbags

    Posts : 929
    Reputation : 117
    Join date : 2016-01-29

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 15

    Post by Showbags on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:14 am

    @Warriors wrote:

    I'd be very surprised if either of these guys scored 35+ for the rest of the season. Would probably go matagi just but surely there are better options?


    Not expecting miracles. Happy with 30-35 from either matagi or Frankenstein for a price rise of about 80-100k. I got all other decent cows in forwards. I could bring smat up and bring in moga, but means playing talaki and moga in ctr
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 8348
    Reputation : 1254
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 15

    Post by Welshy on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:18 am

    @Showbags wrote:


    Not expecting miracles. Happy with 30-35 from either matagi or Frankenstein for a price rise of about 80-100k. I got all other decent cows in forwards. I could bring smat up and bring in moga, but means playing talaki and moga in ctr
    Plenty are playing Moga and Talakai mate, both serviceable until Idris starts playing 80

      Current date/time is Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:35 pm