NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 14

Fortitude
    Fortitude

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 14 - Page 37 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 14

Post by Fortitude Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:31 pm

Trading options this week.

Feel free to offer other options

Option 1.

Jbrom to Wallace
    Ma'u to JDB

Option 2.
    Ma'u to Suli Via dpp
    Kbrom to JDB

Im leaning towards Option 2, as it means I can cover Jbrom will just have to run either Braily, Moga, Suli, or Idris) in the 17 until Jbrom comes back.

Downside, Kbrom might actually do something in Jbroms absence. I'm not confident in that though.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 14 - Page 37 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 14

Post by Shanbon Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:38 pm

chaz4173 wrote:

My bad I actually do own Yates. JDB/Gallen/Smat/Sironen/Kaufasi/Yates as my second row. Ill keep my eyes on JWH this week. If he cant get fired up and have a big game against the doggies pack (klemmer/graham etc) He wont get up for anything. Im going to hold JWH but trade saifiti i think> I dont really have the luxury to wait and see with saifiti as cash is a bit of an issue for my squad atm.. Then their is the temptation to grab musgrove and move smat to centre to bolster centre. Or i could trade pythian to moga to bolster my centres, ah too many options. Cheers for the advice anyway, I guess I have to decide whether moga or musgrove are better additions to bring in.

Do you have any spare cash?

You could be a little risky and go Safaiti and JWH to Barnett and any other 2nd rower under 180K (plus whatever cash you have on hand) via both Kaufusi and Yates DPP. I went the 2nd row via dpp because there are better cash cows then frontrow like Winterstien/Stimpson/Chekam
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:42 pm

If you were told at the start of the season K. Brom would average 40 points would you not select him? He was priced at 34 points, and if he has a better game or if teams play more through the middle (Smith's poor score is coupled somewhat with the Bulldogs spreading the ball. Hence Jacks making 30 something tackles.) Would you consider trading him out? He is going to make decent cash still.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:43 pm

Random wrote:If you were told at the start of the season K. Brom would average 40 points would you not select him? He was priced at 34 points, and if he has a better game or if teams play more through the middle (Smith's poor score is coupled somewhat with the Bulldogs spreading the ball. Hence Jacks making 30 something tackles.) Would you consider trading him out? He is going to make decent cash still.

I picked him expecting 40 points. It's crazy to trade someone out who is meeting your preseason expectations just because someone did well in round 1
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:44 pm

Fortitude wrote:Trading options this week.

Feel free to offer other options

Option 1.

Jbrom to Wallace
    Ma'u to JDB

Option 2.
    Ma'u to Suli Via dpp
    Kbrom to JDB

Im leaning towards Option 2, as it means I can cover Jbrom will just have to run either Braily, Moga, Suli, or Idris) in the 17 until Jbrom comes back.

Downside, Kbrom might actually do something in Jbroms absence. I'm not confident in that though.

Just on KBrom, and people being a bit dissapointed in him fantasy wise. Does the argument that many are suing for Cam's low score, i.e. the weather was rubbish, not apply to the rest of the storm pack?

I was personally reasonably happy with KBrom but if the lgoic applies to him as well then maybe we are looking at a 45 point man and in that case surely he is worth holding onto.

What were people expecting from him by the way, cause he seems widely held by people on this site but I noticed a few werent that happy with his first game score.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:46 pm

Supposedly the Warriors went through the middle heaps v the Knights so one would expect the same against the Storm and therefore a different distribution of scoring for the Storm players.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:48 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Just on KBrom, and people being a bit dissapointed in him fantasy wise. Does the argument that many are suing for Cam's low score, i.e. the weather was rubbish, not apply to the rest of the storm pack?

I was personally reasonably happy with KBrom but if the lgoic applies to him as well then maybe we are looking at a 45 point man and in that case surely he is worth holding onto.

What were people expecting from him by the way, cause he seems widely held by people on this site but I noticed a few werent that happy with his first game score.

I am going to be honest, I expected more from him. Pushing closer to 45 points. However you are exactly right, the weather impacted his score, bulldogs spreading the ball. Also worth noting that he got 70 minutes, now I don't think he will get that every week but if his workrate was where it was last year over 70 minutes he could easily score 50+ He has so much upside potential with his brothers injury, after not doing poorly. It would be silly to trade him out.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:53 pm

Only just noticed Whitehead's score of 18 Shocked

I guess he'll be in everyone's team (except @welshy :pp: ) once he moves back to the 2nd row
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:54 pm

Who do people think might be being talked about after the weekend as Fantasy prospects next week, not so much cash cows but players that are solid and that you think twice about or dont think about but wish you had of given more thought to IE Fantasy Relevant, just for a bit of fun really - the two guys I reckon worth a mention are Goodwin and Joel Thompson, if either or both snag a try on the weekend they may get a few nibbles - thoughts ????
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:56 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Did anyone watch the Warriors press conference? or hear anything from it?

I hope they would have discussed Foran's return in addition to the status of Gubb and Luke who are both questionable.

Trustworthy guy on Renegades knows the physio who said the 8 weeks is paper BS but he's looking more likely round 4-5. Luke will play as long as he can through the pain and I heard Papalii named in lower grade so Clark probably stays as bench backup for Luke.

Take it as you like

RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:00 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:Who do people think might be being talked about after the weekend as Fantasy prospects next week, not so much cash cows but players that are solid and that you think twice about or dont think about but wish you had of given more thought to IE  Fantasy  Relevant, just for a bit of fun really - the two guys I reckon worth a mention are Goodwin and Joel Thompson, if either or both snag a try on the weekend they may get a few nibbles - thoughts ????

Two people not really talked about that I could see becoming talking points for next week.

J. Trbojevic and Tony Williams/Kurt Capewell (If F. Brown drops from the bench.)
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:03 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

TO Clarify, option two isn't driven by the need to dump Kbrom, it was driven by the want to get JDB and Another cashie in. Kbrom fitted the criteria for dumping, because a> never going to be in my final team and b> risk of not delivering. c> his price allowed for it.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:03 pm

[quote="Random"]

I am going to be honest, I expected more from him. Pushing closer to 45 points. However you are exactly right, the weather impacted his score, bulldogs spreading the ball. Also worth noting that he got 70 minutes, now I don't think he will get that every week but if his workrate was where it was last year over 70 minutes he could easily score 50+ He has so much upside potential with his brothers injury, after not doing poorly. It would be silly to trade him out. [/quote

If I owned K-Brom I would be on the sell idea if it meant getting either JDB or Tedesco.
    How does J-Brom injury affect K-Brom. One plays in the middle & the other on the edge.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:03 pm

Random wrote:

Two people not really talked about that I could see becoming talking points for next week.

J. Trbojevic and Tony Williams/Kurt Capewell (If F. Brown drops from the bench.)

He is on the radar for sure like his work ethic !
    Sashamaloo
    Sashamaloo

Post by Sashamaloo Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:08 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:Who do people think might be being talked about after the weekend as Fantasy prospects next week, not so much cash cows but players that are solid and that you think twice about or dont think about but wish you had of given more thought to IE  Fantasy  Relevant, just for a bit of fun really - the two guys I reckon worth a mention are Goodwin and Joel Thompson, if either or both snag a try on the weekend they may get a few nibbles - thoughts ????

Smith, if he gets a score of 45-50 I can see plenty of people jumping off him.
    Brailey, If he scores 25 points people will panic too.

Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:09 pm

I didn't get Kbrom because I expected Faufusi to score the same for over 100k cheaper
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:09 pm

Sashamaloo wrote:

Isn't Brailey expected to play 80 this week
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:11 pm

Sashamaloo wrote:

I dont own Brailey but I would be concerned if the Sharks go down again, I liked what I saw but he was huffing and puffing like the big bad wolf out there, as for Smith the cream always rises to the top.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:14 pm

My 2 are Bateman (65-70 mins with Tapine out) & Hess (he'll keep scoring tries)
    Chicks Dig It
    Chicks Dig It

Post by Chicks Dig It Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:16 pm

Michael Gordon for one. Had a big week last week, and Roosters should score a lot more points this year and he has the kicking duties. Started the year priced early 30's, Should be able to get 40's pretty regularly id say?

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 9:27 am