NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 7

Dananz
    Dananz

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 7 - Page 44 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 7

Post by Dananz Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:14 pm

Hi peeps. I have a conundrum.

M Scott and B Lawrence, or E Taylor and C Sironen?

I think I prefer the Scott/Lawrence combo, but not sure if BLaw can hold a starting spot.

I'm a fan of Taylor, but ugh Sironen.

Thoughts?
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 7 - Page 44 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 7

Post by Mearcats Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:14 pm

CubanMafiaSandSlugs wrote:It really is funny to see the merry-go-round of players that become trendy in everyone's teams for a day or two, only to become duds. Did Cameron King die?

Hahaha, hey Cubes mate. Hope all is will fella. Still dropping it solid with your sense of humor I see?!? Lol. Love it.

That's what Green Machine has been talking about regarding the "community vote". People jump on board with someone and post a team up only to have a million contrasting opinions thrown at em and then change their minds. That, and even the smallest sniff of job insecurity that more than one or two people agree on has fantasy coaches running for the hills! (I think this is the curious case of Cameron King).
    superbucks
    superbucks

Post by superbucks Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:16 pm

I might be different from most, but I can't seem to love the cheap players in the halves.

Lamb and Elgey are my cheapest halves, and they'll be paired with Norman/Cronk/JT/Reynolds or whoever premium I'll land on.

I actually don't mind Moses or Taylor, but I can't see many other good cheap halves. I'd hate to waste a slot there.

In my eyes there are better cheap options in every other position, so that is dictating my selections here. Even in hooker we've got guys like Brailey.. is there a 140k half I'm missing that will get a start?

CubanMafiaSandSlugs wrote:It really is funny to see the merry-go-round of players that become trendy in everyone's teams for a day or two, only to become duds. Did Cameron King die?

Well, true it's a merry-go-round; but that's to be expected when we've got limited information. King was in my team for a while... wouldn't be funny if I kept him there given he's unlikely to play.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:17 pm

Mr Fernando wrote:Anyone know if there are detailed World Club Challenge stats around?

http://mc.championdata.com/nrl/
    Mr Fernando
    Mr Fernando

Post by Mr Fernando Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:20 pm

SI wrote:

Championdata if you can access otherwise Milchy posted them in whatever pages of whatever thread was Monday morning I think.

Milchcow wrote:

http://mc.championdata.com/nrl/

Thanks fellas
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:23 pm

Random wrote:

Got JDB.

Still say Faufusi if starts and maybe.....Gallen?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:24 pm

Mearcats wrote:

Heya LB, team looks dece mate. Monster second row and back WFB line.

My only concerns... 

You are light in your centres but then I think everyone will be this year. I'd wait til TLT and keep an eye on things but maybe by shifting SMat to the CTR spot that could shore that up a bit (and give you a bit more depth in your reserves). You could dump Talaki (a comment that I'm sure will raise some eyebrows) and go with Kelly or Cotric, saving you a few bob.

With those savings I'd upgrade Mannering. Another comment that's likely to raise eyebrows. But my reasoning behind this is that you need and out n out C option as Mulvy said. You could downgrade Manners to Gallen or upgrade him to JDB. This being said, they all score roughly the same.

It's a risk but I like it!

Hey mearcats, hope things are well.

I have Kelly and Suli in my centres as NPRs so could use them if I wanted to go as cheap as possible.
    Was able to go straight Mannering to JDB. Thanks for the options pal

Centres of course will depend on TLT
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:26 pm

Dananz wrote:Hi peeps. I have a conundrum.

M Scott and B Lawrence, or E Taylor and C Sironen?

I think I prefer the Scott/Lawrence combo, but not sure if BLaw can hold a starting spot.

I'm a fan of Taylor, but ugh Sironen.

Thoughts?

Taylor and Sironen for me. ET pick off all 4 and Sironen can only improve (surely, haha). Scott's Fantasy scores may improve, but yet to be proven. I love BLaw as a player, but not sure he is going to improve on last year.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:26 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Hey mearcats, hope things are well.

I have Kelly and Suli in my centres as NPRs so could use them if I wanted to go as cheap as possible.
    Was able to go straight Mannering to JDB. Thanks for the options pal

Centres of course will depend on TLT

As everyones will. 

Out of interest, how much other coin do you have laying about with this line-up?

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:26 pm

Wait.. So teams now HAVE to name 22 players or can they just choose to name 17 if they're set on that?
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:34 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Right best get some work done, but have put together this beauty as I think it's different from what I've seen.

McInnes, Brailey
    DSaiiti, Gurgess, FKaufusi, NPR
    Mannering, Surgess, ET, SMat, Sironen, NPR
    SJ, Lamb, Elgey, NPR
    Talakai, Idris, NPR, NPR
    Tedesco, TTurbo, RTS, Hayne, NPR

Absolute rollercoaster

Thoughts on whether its viable?

Would TommyTrbo not be better served in the centres in lieu of either Talakai or Idris, and picking 4 reserves from your other 5 options, which I think all have more upside than Talakai?

And your weekly Captain conundrum......feels like you might end up chasing last weeks biggest score, rather than having a set and forget.

Otherwise, pretty solid to me.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:37 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:Wait.. So teams now HAVE to name 22 players or can they just choose to name 17 if they're set on that?

It reads like they HAVE to to me.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:39 pm

SI wrote:

It reads like they HAVE to to me.
    South Sydney can just name an additional 5 Burgess and nobody will bat an eyelid.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:39 pm

Promise I'm leaving this until TLT

Smith, McInnes
    DSaifiti, Gurgess, Boys prop, Nuff
    DeBelin, Surgess, ET, SMat, Voldermort, Nuff
    ATaylor, Lamb, Elgey Nuff
    Idris, Scott/Kelly, Scott/Kelly, Cotric
    Tedesco, RTS, Hayne, Phythian, Jennings
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:40 pm

AL wrote:

Would TommyTrbo not be better served in the centres in lieu of either Talakai or Idris, and picking 4 reserves from your other 5 options, which I think all have more upside than Talakai?

And your weekly Captain conundrum......feels like you might end up chasing last weeks biggest score, rather than having a set and forget.

Otherwise, pretty solid to me.

Good call on the TTurbs move to CTR Al... Bit more security, opens a space for a cashie in the backline and potentially frees up the cash to sort that C problem. I personally think Smith will lose money over the first few rounds (I'll have him nevertheless) and McInnes will make a bit... Enough to upgrade him to Smith... Right around Origin. LOL
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:41 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:Wait.. So teams now HAVE to name 22 players or can they just choose to name 17 if they're set on that?

I think it is 21, and they have to trim to 19 24 hours before kick off, then standard team list announcement 1 hour before kick off. Clubs will need a special exemption with extenuating circumstances to bring anyone in from outside the 21 so I assume most coaches will name 21 every week just to cover their bases. Got some pros and cons I guess, might make the punting a bit more transparent which I think is one of the primary aims.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:48 pm

Welshy wrote:Promise I'm leaving this until TLT

Smith, McInnes
    DSaifiti, Gurgess, Boys prop, Nuff
    DeBelin, Surgess, ET, SMat, Voldermort, Nuff
    ATaylor, Lamb, Elgey Nuff
    Idris, Scott/Kelly, Scott/Kelly, Cotric
    Tedesco, RTS, Hayne, Phythian, Jennings

lol! voldermort = siro or surely not black widow? pretty sure there was a never ever, lazurus rises will i take siro
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:51 pm

Mearcats wrote:

Good call on the TTurbs move to CTR Al... Bit more security, opens a space for a cashie in the backline and potentially frees up the cash to sort that C problem. I personally think Smith will lose money over the first few rounds (I'll have him nevertheless) and McInnes will make a bit... Enough to upgrade him to Smith... Right around Origin. LOL

Yeah CS9 is a tough one this year, I see the merit in McInnes and Brailey but every time I have started without Smith I have regretted it and it takes serious surgery to get him in. I have him at the moment but if I go the other way I would want Fifita or Gallen for a Captain, the other options carry a bit more risk I feel. Could be exciting choosing between RTS, Tedesco, Hayne or SJ though!
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:53 pm

mulvy wrote:

lol! voldermort = siro or surely not black widow? pretty sure there was a never ever, lazurus rises will i take siro

Go away and leave me be Mulvy.

I'm a man on the edge already

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:55 pm

AL wrote:

I think it is 21, and they have to trim to 19 24 hours before kick off, then standard team list announcement 1 hour before kick off.  Clubs will need a special exemption with extenuating circumstances to bring anyone in from outside the 21 so I assume most coaches will name 21 every week just to cover their bases. Got some pros and cons I guess, might make the punting a bit more transparent which I think is one of the primary aims.

That's fair enough with the betting I understand that but what I don't like is what happens when a couple of years ago Cameron Smith got pretty bad back spasms in the final warm up. Coaches cant plan for that what if they didn't name a hooker in the original 21? So they can pick anyone because the team is already set? Surely if that were to happen a few mins before kick off how does that affect applying for special consideration from the nrl?

Sorry i'm not directing these questions to you, more in general haha I just wanted to voice my thinking

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:04 am