NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6  - Page 40 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6

Post by Guest Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:46 pm

SI wrote:

A few of us still wake up in a cold sweat with flashbacks of your week and a half of modship Rabs.  The bloodshed, the screams, so many bodies!

It's a noble, well paid career. Unfortunately, some people just aren't suitable to the job. Normally the type of blokes like me Twisted Evil
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6  - Page 40 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6

Post by Shanbon Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:52 pm

If there are long term injuries to both Titans hookers i wonder if they will look to pick up someone from another team. Funny if they got Morts back since he is down the Sharks order and they are still looking at Seggy.

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:53 pm

Rabbit wrote:
    SI wrote:

A few of us still wake up in a cold sweat with flashbacks of your week and a half of modship Rabs.  The bloodshed, the screams, so many bodies!

It's a noble, well paid career. Unfortunately, some people just aren't suitable to the job. Normally the type of blokes like me Twisted Evil

lol!
    Mr Fernando
    Mr Fernando

Post by Mr Fernando Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:58 pm

Rabbit wrote: Beer

Possibly in the entire history of modmanship. A disgrace to the trade really.

Razz

lol!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:58 pm

We are working through the Preliminary Leagues now lads.  Will hope to have them up in the next day or two and codes sent.

Registration is open till this Friday for any Latecomers.  The Latecomers is a second chance for those who missed the first registration.  We need to close the Preliminary Leagues off this early to make sure they are all set up and fully populated before kick off.  We always leave them open for round 2 weeks for people to register.  If you missed out on the Preliminary Leagues then you are still welcome to sign up for the Latecomers Leagues.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:10 pm

I really need to finish in the top 500 this year...
    I need this elite status...
    If my page 51 party attendance this year is a sign of things to come I might be joining @random in the top 10,000 again
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:20 pm

Rabs for mod.

Lets get a petition going.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:23 pm

Rabbit wrote: Beer

Possibly in the entire history of modmanship. A disgrace to the trade really.

Razz

Your term as modship was like Donald Trump being elected as President. At first many were all for the idea then as it became reality many realized the error in electing you in the first place.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:26 pm

Chewie wrote:I really need to finish in the top 500 this year...
    If my page 51 party attendance this year is a sign of things to come I might be joining @random in the top 10,000 again

You're better than that guy mate!
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:28 pm

B/L wrote:Rabs for mod.

Lets get a petition going.

#illridewithrabs
    Vestid

Post by Vestid Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:37 pm

Looking for input

Vaughan and Sironen

Or

D Safiti and Wallace

?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:39 pm

My mate attended the Eels Panthers trial and sent me a nice run down. If anyone is interested I'll throw it up?
    Trade Rage Tragic
    Trade Rage Tragic

Post by Trade Rage Tragic Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:41 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:My mate attended the Eels Panthers trial and sent me a nice run down. If anyone is interested I'll throw it up?

yeah definitely
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:45 pm

Vestid wrote:Looking for input

Vaughan and Sironen

Or

D Safiti and Wallace

?

I'd go D saifiti and Sironen
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:49 pm

1. Moylan: was his usual self, set up the first try of the game to TMM skipping across the line. Didn't drop a single high ball (crazy)
    2. Hiku: worst performance from anyone in the panthers backline, couple of blown chances on the wing, looked like a centre playing out of position
    3. Blake: looks strong, still a defensive liability in terms of reads (up and in too early, shooting etc..)
    4. Peachey: nearly best on ground. Electric every time he touched the ball, two darts from dummy half for 2 linebreaks, bombed a try right at the end of the game because he's selfish
    5. Whare: had a lot of work to do when he got the ball from TMM cross field bomb, did it with ease beating Faraimo and powering over the line. Looks like whare of old.
    6. TMM: took the line on plenty, didn't do any long distance kicking, couple short kicks near the line including the cross field kick to Whare. Missed the tackle which led to the Parra try.
    7. Cleary: almost scored a solo try. Also took the line on heaps. Did all the long kicking. Defence top notch.
    8. RCG: Best on ground for mine. Couple of barnstorming runs but hit like a truck in defence. Him and Tamou controlled the line speed.
    9. Wallace: bit of a non factor, got through a tonne of defensive work in the first 20, didn't play second half.
    10. Tamou: another good hit out for Tamou, only played the first 25, sat out the second half. Controlled line speed.
    11. Yeo: Solid defensively and showed some spark in attack (nice flick pass to peach to send him off towards the end of the game). Got sinbinned.
    12. Aku: nothing out of the ordinary. Strong runs, brute in defence, shoots unnecessarily though. Really bad head clash second half - no idea where he was when he got up.
    13. Carty: Nothing flash from Cartwright (two offloads total I think), but was stout in defence, looks like he finally figured out that you need to use your shoulder to tackle in the NRL. Played 65, couple of kicks and great ball from first receiver to put Latu over.

14. Rein: was the best of the hookers (Wallace, ZDC, Katoa), looked fit, no more shitty mop hair.
    15. Latu: poor game from the big man besides his try, pushed the pass a couple times with some big time errors in our half.
    16. Mckendry: looked slow and couldn't get on the front foot, re did his ACL at the end of the first half which was sad to see. Might be the end of Mckendry.
    17. Leota: nearly mistook him for Latu when he came on. Couple of huge runs, broke a tackle every time he ran the ball, looked like J. Paulo.

Strong mentions to Dylan Edwards and Tyrone May who were awesome in limited time at the end of the game. Edwards outplayed Hiku on the wing for sure.

1. French: couple of nice elusive runs, ran straight past TMM for the try (great out ball from Fogarty), struggled under the high ball and a couple of poor decisions bringing the ball back. Out there the whole game.
    2. Radradra: looked lazy while out there, hung out on the wing all game. Out of position on clearys kicks a couple of times.
    3. Jennings: same ol same ol for pre season Jennings, didn't want to exert himself. Could've scored at one stage, inside step let him down.
    4. Taka: strong in defence, didn't see much of the ball in attack.
    5. Hoffman, absolute non factor. One run and went over the sideline - worst outside back for Parra.
    6. Gutherson: looked lost. Floated around the field and kicked goals. The one promising play with the double inside dummy ended with a dropped ball when he ran into taka. In field kicking game was shocking - couple of bombs that went 5 metres max. Played 65 mins.
    7. Dargan: catch and pass distributor. Outplayed by fogarty and robson. Didn't do any kicking.
    8. Matagi: same old. Two stints and was ferocious for 10 mins on both of them. Defensive liability still.
    9. Pritchard: a couple of early forward passes in Penrith territory got Pritchard pulled early. Came back in second half and had a nice dart from dummy half. Looks stockier.
    10. Mannah: best on field for Parra and it wasn't even close. Lead from the front, found his front every run, king of quick play the balls. Nasty head clash in the first half but came back on second half.
    11. Ma'u: hard to imagine but he looked stronger than before, pet play with Gutho was the inside line at the half (mostly cleary). Only played 30 mins.
    12. Moeroa: strong in defence, still can't pass a ball though. Played a large portion of the game.
    13. Scott: not sure if the middle is the place for Scott, fell off a bunch of tackles on Tamou/RCG/Leota. Set the defensive line speed for Parra.

14. Nathan Brown: really pushed that advantage line, was Parra second best forward. Tried to push the pass/overran the ball, but that was more overeagerness than anything.
    15. Edwards: couple of deft touches at first receiver, played a hybrid hooker/lock role. Was good.
    16. Alvaro: no nonsense forward Parra need, didnt really help win the forward battle, but can see how vital he is when he's out there and mannah isn't.
    17. Pritchard: weird seeing him in blue and gold, much slimmer from his stint overseas, didn't do much wrong but wasn't a stand out.

Strong mentions to Fogarty and their 21(the young winger at the nines), they looked good when they linked together. Fogarty may well take that jumper off Gutherson. Had plenty of time out there and wasn't afraid to run the ball. 21 ran his ass off and was hard to tackle on every run.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:50 pm

Chewie wrote:I really need to finish in the top 500 this year...

Agreed! The fact my 2014 rank puts me out of elite status is disheartening. lol!
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:52 pm

Souths looked great, Walker is an absolute gun, even he's worth a punt at his price.

Didn't see the Warriors/Titans game but looks like Wallace is a no go.

Josh McGuire was fucking awful, I think I need to rethink putting him in. Tough to tell from that game though.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:56 pm

Excellent read. Thanks mate!

Also thanks for figuring out the minutes for forwards earlier too

Post by Guest Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:57 pm

wolfking wrote:Souths looked great, Walker is an absolute gun, even he's worth a punt at his price.

Didn't see the Warriors/Titans game but looks like Wallace is a no go.

Josh McGuire was fucking awful, I think I need to rethink putting him in.  Tough to tell from that game though.

McGuire might be a player you want to end up with after he settles in the position. I'm sure he'll improve but I'm not gonna start with him
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:58 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:Excellent read. Thanks mate!

Also thanks for figuring out the minutes for forwards earlier too

Not a problem I know not everyone has the chance to watch all the trials so I try to do my bit. Only games I missed were Panthers/Eels and Roosters/Manly so can give opinions on pretty much every player from this weekend

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:41 pm