NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6

BroncHose
    BroncHose

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6  - Page 14 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6

Post by BroncHose Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:43 pm

Welshy wrote:Idris was fat and lazy last few times he was in the league

still averaged very well.

And worst case Idris becomes the cashout for SMat to move down into CTRs.
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6  - Page 14 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6

Post by Bullbender Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:51 pm

I use to do a short write up on Sportal on the tigers trial game, so ill keep the tradition going here. Beware these are purely my observations and opinions, make of them what you will. Best for the tigers were MCIlwrick, Littlejohn and Teddy worst were Idris and Naquaima, those photos of muscle upon muscle have done zero for his defence.

Firstly, Idris, he is a no brainer at his price in fantasy but in DT I wont be going near him. He isnt fat like some said, I was standing 1 metre from the guy when he walked up the tunnel, I wish he was, it could be an excuse for his lack of urgency. He just seemed slow and uninterested at times. I guess i just expected him to be a lot more hungry to prove a point, far from it. Once there was a break down his side and he didnt bother even chasing his man, luckily Mcllwrick chased from behind him to save a certain drive. Hopefully it was just a off day for him?

Mcllwrick looked sharp, he picked the right times to run from dummy half and had a decent defensive workload. Im pretty sure this is the kid that Stuart had big wraps on when he was at Canberra and bought him over from NZ and he lived with Stuart for a while, never really lived up to the early hype, but he was stuck behind a few at those clubs. Hes only stuck behind Ballin and Liddle who has big wraps but he might get the chance to make at least the back up role his if he keeps playing like this with the others missing round 1?
    Woods is deceptively fit, he wasnt asked to do a hell of a lot but he wasnt the first off the field either. He comes off and wouldnt blow a candle out, plenty in the tank and he is somewhat underpriced after a average fantasy year in 2016.
    Tedesco was electric, on this trial alone he probably added 100k to his asking price, he broke or almost broke the line 3 times in the first half from memory, he kicked the first goal while rankin was off. Teddy style, half fend/slap tackle busts galore.
    Littlejohn had a good game, steered the team around well and had a great kicking game. ET tackled everything and missed a few, standard really for him.

Moses went out with the team during the warm up, the moon boot is gone. Forwards all did their jobs, hard to get a gauge on minutes with Lawrence playing a bit of 6 and Tigers giving majority of there seasoned players a rest with 15 or so to go to give some of the younger guys a taste. Overall it was a great effort by the tigers against a cowboys outfit that played basically there full strength team for the 80, minus losing Winterstein early (getting scans tomorrow) and I also saw Feldt on the bench in his polo, not sure of his injury but could either of these open some sort of door for Ponga?

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:57 pm

Bullbender wrote:I use to do a short write up on Sportal on the tigers trial game, so ill keep the tradition going here. Beware these are purely my observations and opinions, make of them what you will. Best for the tigers were MCIlwrick, Littlejohn and Teddy worst were Idris and Naquaima, those photos of muscle upon muscle have done zero for his defence.

Firstly, Idris, he is a no brainer at his price in fantasy but in DT I wont be going near him. He isnt fat like some said, I was standing 1 metre from the guy when he walked up the tunnel, I wish he was, it could be an excuse for his lack of urgency. He just seemed slow and uninterested at times. I guess i just expected him to be a lot more hungry to prove a point, far from it. Once there was a break down his side and he didnt bother even chasing his man, luckily Mcllwrick chased from behind him to save a certain drive. Hopefully it was just a off day for him?

Mcllwrick looked sharp, he picked the right times to run from dummy half and had a decent defensive workload. Im pretty sure this is the kid that Stuart had big wraps on when he was at Canberra and bought him over from NZ and he lived with Stuart for a while, never really lived up to the early hype, but he was stuck behind a few at those clubs. Hes only stuck behind Ballin and Liddle who has big wraps but he might get the chance to make at least the back up role his if he keeps playing like this with the others missing round 1?
    Woods is deceptively fit, he wasnt asked to do a hell of a lot but he wasnt the first off the field either. He comes off and wouldnt blow a candle out, plenty in the tank and he is somewhat underpriced after a average fantasy year in 2016.
    Tedesco was electric, on this trial alone he probably added 100k to his asking price, he broke or almost broke the line 3 times in the first half from memory, he kicked the first goal while rankin was off. Teddy style, half fend/slap tackle busts galore.
    Littlejohn had a good game, steered the team around well and had a great kicking game. ET tackled everything and missed a few, standard really for him.

Moses went out with the team during the warm up, the moon boot is gone. Forwards all did their jobs, hard to get a gauge on minutes with Lawrence playing a bit of 6 and Tigers giving majority of there seasoned players a rest with 15 or so to go to give some of the younger guys a taste. Overall it was a great effort by the tigers against a cowboys outfit that played basically there full strength team for the 80, minus losing Winterstein early (getting scans tomorrow) and I also saw Feldt on the bench in his polo, not sure of his injury but could either of these open some sort of door for Ponga?

Excellent write up! Wish you didn't say that about Teddy now I want him in my squad...
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:58 pm

@Bullbender Yep mate you have it right on Mcllwrick wrt. his history. To be fair to him i seem to remember he picked up an injury of some sorts that was troubling him for some time. I don't remember exactly what it was but i think it was something like an ongoing back problem or something that was pretty bad for a hooker to deal with. 

Sounds like perhaps he is over whatever it may be, so could be pretty good for you blokes, he also spent some time playing in the backrow (i think?) for us, so if he was paired with another hooker you could do the common thing of giving a forward a rest for a bit and shuffling him there.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:40 am

In my humble opinion, even with a poor trial form, dropping Idris from your squad altogether is absolutely nuts. The guy is still a starting centre with great job security, at near basement price, who will without doubt be one of the best cows to start the season. I would tell you that demoting him to an NPR due to wanting to have a more reliable CTR in your playing 17 to start the season is a sensible choice, but since I have had SMat and Milne in my centres for some time, it would come across a little less as advice rather than a sickeningly bias, vomit-inducingly smug, self-congratulatory "I told you so" wank. Okay, so maybe the opinion wasn't so humble Razz  *rides off on a motorcycle, wearing a cowboy hat, flipping everybody the bird*
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:43 am

Pookus McFly wrote:In my humble opinion, even with a poor trial form, dropping Idris from your squad altogether is absolutely nuts. The guy is still a starting centre with great job security, at near basement price, who will without doubt be one of the best cows to start the season. I would tell you that demoting him to an NPR due to wanting to have a more reliable CTR in your playing 17 to start the season is a sensible choice, but since I have had SMat and Milne in my centres for some time, it would come across a little less as advice rather than a sickeningly bias, vomit-inducingly smug, self-congratulatory "I told you so" wank. Okay, so maybe the opinion wasn't so humble Razz  *rides off on a motorcycle, wearing a cowboy hat, flipping everybody the bird*
    2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6  - Page 14 Rollin10

I imagine you to be more like this.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:55 am

Welshy wrote:
    2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6  - Page 14 Rollin10

I imagine you to be more like this.

I feel like we are saying the same thing
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:01 am

Pookus McFly wrote:

I feel like we are saying the same thing

Laugh 3

The pic def has more sass than a motorcycle.....
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:03 am

Idris scores best when he gets the ball with defenders close to him so he then fends, hits & spins & gets 2-3 t/bs. It would be silly not to start with him as he's very low priced with a lot of potential. He's priced at an av of 16 & he could score that basically in 1 play.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:06 am

Current JDB owners what sort of mins are you expecting? I think 60-65 mins. He's very expensive for those sort of mins.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:07 am

Welshy wrote:

Laugh 3

The pic def has more sass than a motorcycle.....

Haha for sure man, I am not sure what the intention was, but I only see a dude fucking owning a moment Laugh 3

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:08 am

So Rankin plays on the wing without Simona? Surely big Suli has a shot. You would think if that was the direction they were going they would have thrown Rankin there for help with forming a combinaton
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:10 am

White Lightning wrote:Current JDB owners what sort of mins are you expecting? I think 60-65 mins. He's very expensive for those sort of mins.

Agreed, though it is true that you are buying him (as a keeper) for his scores rather than his money losses or rises, it is hard to pay such big overs simply because he finished the year so strongly. Surely he cannot replicate those scores without close to 80 mins, which I cannot see him getting. Will probably still be a keeper, but for 40k more why not just get Fifita and call it a day?

Last edited by Pookus McFly on Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:12 am

White Lightning wrote:Current JDB owners what sort of mins are you expecting? I think 60-65 mins. He's very expensive for those sort of mins.

His highest tackle count game came from a 60min game.

61 tackles in 60mins

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:12 am

Infact his highest score was 89 from that 60min stint
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:18 am

In 2016 JDB was the only player to average over 40 tackles & 100 run metres per game.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:25 am

Pookus McFly wrote:

Agreed, though it is true that you are buying him (as a keeper) for his scores rather than his money losses or rises, it is hard to pay such big overs simply because he finished the year so strongly. Surely he cannot replicate those scores without close to 80 mins, which I cannot see him getting. Will probably still be a keeper, but for 40k more why not just get Fifita and call it a day?

When playing 60+ minutes in 15 games last year JDB avg was 67.2

Why would his minutes be different this year?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:30 am

Noted on the last thread that JDB actually has a higher consistency rating of scores over 55+ than Smith and Fifita....

less games though

Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:56 am

Welshy wrote:Noted on the last thread that JDB actually has a higher consistency rating of scores over 55+ than Smith and Fifita....

less games though

Brodie Croft had a higher consistency than them all didn't he? Cool
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:58 am

Archer wrote:
    Brodie Croft had a higher consistency than them all didn't he? Cool

I'm getting good a this now.....

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6  - Page 14 Moron10

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:57 pm