NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

Roger8
    Roger8

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread - Page 45 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

Post by Roger8 Mon May 29, 2017 2:07 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

just be careful on the CWalker trade mate. Not intending to talk you out of it (as I am in a similar dilemma and still thinking about what to do) but the two games he misses should be pretty easy holes to fill. He only needs to get back to close to his normal scoring and it would be a mistake to trade him out.

Can you get a (decent) new Half without losing Walker?

If I want to bring in JDB and McInnes then I can't keep Walker. At the moment I'm only looking at keepers and Walker isn't my final team so he was the one to go.
    Roger8
    Roger8

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread - Page 45 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

Post by Roger8 Mon May 29, 2017 2:09 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

If you are able to I'd love to know the BEs of:

Lolo, Merrin, McInnes, Macca, McGuire, Clearly, Moses, & Teddy

Thanks!

Lolo 31, Merrin 25, McInnes 52, Macca 101, McGuire 66, Clearly 45, Moses 24, & Teddy 51
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon May 29, 2017 2:46 pm

Roger8 wrote:

Lolo 31, Merrin 25, McInnes 52, Macca 101, McGuire 66, Clearly 45, Moses 24, & Teddy 51

Thats great, thanks for that!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon May 29, 2017 7:09 pm

My BEs for this week

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread - Page 45 AErwpB8

Spreadsheet
    https://www.mediafire.com/?weben4fgl0ansh3
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Mon May 29, 2017 7:48 pm

Thanks Milchy. Legend!
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Mon May 29, 2017 8:25 pm

ill be running this team for the week currently in 34th position 10 trades left and 182k ITB

mcinnes farah
    tolman graham taupau surgess
    jdb mannering tolo wallace elliot gallen
    SJ hayne walker elgey
    munster aubs crichton fui
    tedesco gordon semi rts gmm

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon May 29, 2017 8:58 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

How many players was that with mate?

I had McCullough and Graham (and Walker), so I was pretty happy in the end with my total. Defiantly surprised to move up in the rankings despite only having 14 though. Either teams were running even lower on numbers than me, or more likely people run with a bunch of low scoring guys just to make up numbers.

I'm in a similar boat to you this week. Currently have 20 (technically available) but that includes Macca, Graham, McGuire and Jacks, as well as a few cheapies who won't add much. Im also in a pickle with my halves, currently have SJ, C Walker, Elgey, and Jacks. Not sure what to do there.... Plan was to cash out Elgey this week and therefore cop an AE (likely MWZ/Suli)

I had 16 play this week.

Was going to have 17 (and mostly quality too), but then McCullough and NBrown got injured. 
    Made a last ditch trade of Hayne - NuBrown to get en extra player and some cash, which I may end up regretting. but Hayne just doesn't look the good this year so thought I'd get the $$ whilst I could.

Was hoping to do much better, team was set to have a much better round 12 than 15. Will probably suck in 15, as I am expecting Slater and Wallace to get the origin call up. Possibly JDB too to really rub it in. Don't have enough spare trades to much around trying to build a team for 15 (especially when all the good bye players seem to go down injured anyway - Corey Norman is the only one I've really avoided)

Not really thinking too much about trades this week until after TLT and origin.

Tedesco likely to come in but other than that its a bit up in the air.

Also trying to make a call on who will be best half to partner SJ for the run home (and depending on who it is, whether I need to bring them in now)

Pearce obviously a good target but wouldn't get him until rd20. 
    Thurston if he gets fit is at a tempting price

Other than that its taking a punt on someone like Widdop/DCE/Cleary

For forwards I think I want JTurbo and Fifita but wait until after origin for them and hope they drop a bit in price. Ideally I'll bring them in by rd 20 and have a complete team
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue May 30, 2017 6:43 am

@Milchcow Thanks for the BEs mate.

Yeah Im thinking of finding a way to bring in one of those halves too, but there are tradeoffs all over the show, and much of it will rely on what happens with Macca and Graham. There are so many guys I'd like to find a way to bring in this week but also several issues I need to fix. On the plus side I have good numbers and solid scoring teams for 15 and 18 so its mostly about bringing in keepers at the right time and mitigating risks!

I was racking my brain yesterday trying to think what I could do but as you say until there is a bit of clarity from TLT and then from Origin (Injuries and result) I don't think theres much point thinking too much as there are just way too many permutations. Im screwed if you are right about Wallace, JDB, and Slater though. I don't think there will be many changes after game 1 though unless there are injuries.... Its game 3 Im worried about.

Graham is a massive issue though. If he gets named in the 19 Im not sure what I'll do - he might have to be a NPR for me this week. If he were to pull out last minute, and I haven't sorted my halves, then I wouldn't even get an AE for him...
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue May 30, 2017 6:44 am

Oh, by the way. Does that Eliminator game actually work? I thought the draw/match-ups would be up by now as it says it kicks off round 13?
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Tue May 30, 2017 2:54 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Oh, by the way. Does that Eliminator game actually work? I thought the draw/match-ups would be up by now as it says it kicks off round 13?

Yeah, it works. They usually have the match ups posted later in the week.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue May 30, 2017 3:07 pm

Not that I presume its particularly relevant for anyone going for overall right? I was having a look at my team and as a result of bye planning my round 13, 16 and 19 teams are much weaker than they could be. Surely you'd have to get incredibly lucky to win the eliminator if you are playing for overall? I feel like those that have given up on overall but still have a decent balance to work with could be in a much better position.
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Tue May 30, 2017 3:38 pm

Eliminator becomes very relevant if you make it through the first few rounds - i often found myself trading for the Eliminator H2H even when i was travelling well in overall. Only one person can win overall so why not go all in for the eliminator. Its a bit like the debate over in England over the respective seasons of Spurs (great season, finished second but no trophies) vs United or Arsenal (crap seasons in the league but silverware).

Milchcow won it two years ago.

Its a great feature and a real drawcard for VSDT. Cant believe NRL Fantasy hasnt adopted it too.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue May 30, 2017 5:24 pm

jelejasof wrote:Eliminator becomes very relevant if you make it through the first few rounds - i often found myself trading for the Eliminator H2H even when i was travelling well in overall. Only one person can win overall so why not go all in for the eliminator. Its a bit like the debate over in England over the respective seasons of Spurs (great season, finished second but no trophies) vs United or Arsenal (crap seasons in the league but silverware).

Milchcow won it two years ago.

Its a great feature and a real drawcard for VSDT. Cant believe NRL Fantasy hasn't adopted it too.

OK cool ,makes sense. Yeah I just figured these first few rounds particularly 16 and 19 might be hard to get through with many top guys out of your team.

Milton won it? Cool. Was he playing for overall that year or did he adjust the strategy a bit?

I feel like I am still in a position to win the whole thing so Im not gonna adjust my strategy at all, but would like to win my H2H this week regardless and see how I go!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue May 30, 2017 8:08 pm

The first few rounds of the eliminator are a real crap shoot. Because of the byes and origin stuffing with player ability its very easy to get knocked out just by coming across a team that is well suited to that particular week.

The year I won it, I was far back enough from over all that when I was still in eliminator after the first couple of rounds just decided to go all out for the eliminator. Only made trades on the basis of my eliminator matchup. Even then I still wasted one of my trades. Brought in Jarrod Croker one week, but he never actually made my final 17. If you get through byes you could still maintain an eliminator run, as you'll have a team that can post big scores every week. Just requires a massive amount of luck though, moreso than winning overall, because all you need is a single 1st minute failed HIA, or to play against the guy who has a hattrick scoring prop, and you are gone. 

When I went on my run, was pretty time consuming in the final rounds, as I would check the match-ups after every game, in case I needed to swap someone in or out to improve my matchup. Captain and Vice Captain choice became agonising. One round I was behind by a few points after all games completed but was saved by a late update.

Ended up winning the final comfortably. Still had a trade up my sleeve that let me bring in McCullough (other guy already had him and was his biggest POD over me) and then James Graham and Aaron Woods scored tries for me which made the result nicely in my favour. Still finished around 150 overall i think, but way too far back to challenge. but I think the guy I beat in the final was top 10. He was much higher than me in any case.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue May 30, 2017 8:58 pm

Been looking at my final 17 forward pack

Will look like being

Smith + (McCullough/Friend)
    JDB Gallen Fifita
    Taumalolo, Surgess, McGuire, JTurbo +??

Not sure who last spot will be. James Graham and Natahan Brown already in my team so if they can get back to full fitness I might go with them and save a trade.

Otherwise, Papalii is best on averages, with Vaughan, Ryan James, Mannering, Merrin the other considerations. 

Also yet to work out my best 2nd half

And no real idea on WFB. Cody Walker still 3rd on averages of those with a regular first grade spot (behind Rapana and Roberts - discounting injured TTurbo)
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 31, 2017 6:21 am

Milchcow wrote:The first few rounds of the eliminator are a real crap shoot. Because of the byes and origin stuffing with player ability its very easy to get knocked out just by coming across a team that is well suited to that particular week.

The year I won it, I was far back enough from over all that when I was still in eliminator after the first couple of rounds just decided to go all out for the eliminator. Only made trades on the basis of my eliminator matchup. Even then I still wasted one of my trades. Brought in Jarrod Croker one week, but he never actually made my final 17. If you get through byes you could still maintain an eliminator run, as you'll have a team that can post big scores every week. Just requires a massive amount of luck though, moreso than winning overall, because all you need is a single 1st minute failed HIA, or to play against the guy who has a hattrick scoring prop, and you are gone. 

When I went on my run, was pretty time consuming in the final rounds, as I would check the match-ups after every game, in case I needed to swap someone in or out to improve my matchup. Captain and Vice Captain choice became agonising. One round I was behind by a few points after all games completed but was saved by a late update.

Ended up winning the final comfortably. Still had a trade up my sleeve that let me bring in McCullough (other guy already had him and was his biggest POD over me) and then James Graham and Aaron Woods scored tries for me which made the result nicely in my favour. Still finished around 150 overall i think, but way too far back to challenge. but I think the guy I beat in the final was top 10. He was much higher than me in any case.

Fascinating mate, congrats on the win too!

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 31, 2017 8:46 am

Apologies ahead of time for another "Captain Loophole" question but here goes.

I currently have 19 guys for this week. If I put the VC on SJ and the C on Taumaolo, if SJ goes well, does the loophole work if I sub out Elgey (currently my 2nd half) for C Walker , and then put the (c) on Walker? I would then get an AE for Walker right? so my lowest scorer out of Elgey and my other two current non-starters?

Cheers in advance!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed May 31, 2017 10:50 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Apologies ahead of time for another "Captain Loophole" question but here goes.

I currently have 19 guys for this week. If I put the VC on SJ and the C on Taumaolo, if SJ goes well, does the loophole work if I sub out Elgey (currently my 2nd half) for C Walker , and then put the (c) on Walker? I would then get an AE for Walker right? so my lowest scorer out of Elgey and my other two current non-starters?

Cheers in advance!

yes that is how it works.

The advantage in this format is that you get to guarantee that your captain's score will count in your 17. And the loophole risk becomes the difference between Elgey and whoever becomes your AE. Depending on whoyou have as NPR that should make loophole viable if SJ goes large.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 31, 2017 11:00 am

Milchcow wrote:

yes that is how it works.

The advantage in this format is that you get to guarantee that your captain's score will count in your 17. And the loophole risk becomes the difference between Elgey and whoever becomes your AE. Depending on whoyou have as NPR that should make loophole viable if SJ goes large.

OK great. Its the plus side of having to play Elgey this week then huh!! I'll also get to see my next shittest player in action first MWZ to see what my AE will likely be.

And just to be clear the advantage you are talking about is the result of the (c) not being locked to a particular player once the round starts right. in NRL.com your C stays on whoever its on when the round starts? whereas here you can move it to any player that's not locked (assuming it hasnt already been locked on someone to begin with)?

Cheers Milch, appreciate it.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed May 31, 2017 11:21 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

And just to be clear the advantage you are talking about is the result of the (c) not being locked to a particular player once the round starts right. in NRL.com your C stays on whoever its on when the round starts? whereas here you can move it to any player that's not locked (assuming it hasnt already been locked on someone to begin with)?

Yes. The advantage in Dreamteam is that if you decide to make your VC score double, you can still keep your captain in your team

With Fantasy, your captain is either captain, or out of the 17, so to count his score he has to be your only possible AE. Which is why you can only really use it with 17 players or less.

Means loophole is still possible in Dreamteam with more than 17. It just depends on the likely score difference between your 17th best player and your likely AE

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 4:23 am