NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread - Page 41 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue May 02, 2017 12:14 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Quick question lads, I hear this bandied about a bit but does anyone read into much the team value. Particularly at this stage of the season?

I might sneak a glance later on in the season, as it will be somewhat of a measure of how well you've traded....but even then, a less expensive player may be trending upwards at that stage (due to form, opponents they are due to face etc.) which can throw out the balance between 'actual' and 'theoretical' value.

Just interested if it is something worth paying more attention to (i.e. more than my current amount of basically zero).....

It's certainly important, no doubt about that. To some extent it will be an indicator of how well your team is going, but perhaps most importantly there is a target total team value + cash in the bank that one needs to be able to afford the gun 17, 18, 19 or so players that coaches will be targeting by the end of the year. The quicker you get to this value the sooner you get into a position where you can start finalising that gun final squad.

That being said, at this early stage I would think team value will be correlated to the number of trades used. Im not saying Milch is doing this, but if a manager double traded each week, targeting players who's value's are likely to go up, they should have a team valued higher than someone who has been more conservative on trades. I guess my point is there, that its not an all else equal situation when comparing team values, particularly at this stage.

I personally wouldn't worry about it too much, what I would worry about is making sure you have the cash to execute your bye round strategies, and that you are getting close to having the value/cash to come out the other side of the byes with pretty close to your gun team.

That's how I look at it anyway.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread - Page 41 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue May 02, 2017 3:12 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

It's certainly important, no doubt about that. To some extent it will be an indicator of how well your team is going, but perhaps most importantly there is a target total team value + cash in the bank that one needs to be able to afford the gun 17, 18, 19 or so players that coaches will be targeting by the end of the year. The quicker you get to this value the sooner you get into a position where you can start finalising that gun final squad.

That being said, at this early stage I would think team value will be correlated to the number of trades used. Im not saying Milch is doing this, but if a manager double traded each week, targeting players who's value's are likely to go up, they should have a team valued higher than someone who has been more conservative on trades. I guess my point is there, that its not an all else equal situation when comparing team values, particularly at this stage.

I personally wouldn't worry about it too much, what I would worry about is making sure you have the cash to execute your bye round strategies, and that you are getting close to having the value/cash to come out the other side of the byes with pretty close to your gun team.

That's how I look at it anyway.

Yeah that's similar to what I was suggesting (just may not have explained it effectively).

At this stage of the season, I think it is completely irrelevant without knowing how many trades you've used to obtain that value (plus your cash reserves).

Later on in the season it may be a decent indicator of how well you've traded (for value) but as I said even then it is not the be all and end all.

For example and looking at 1 player in isolation.

Despite a dismal -7 and a loss of $45k of value (and counting), Joey Leilua's 'theoretical' value may be far greater than his actual $ value.

This is especially true of blokes who may be down on $ value due to HIA's or backs that have had some tougher games and lower scores but who have a good run of games ahead or their team is hitting form at the end of the season.

To me there is just too many variables for it to be a useful tool.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue May 02, 2017 5:19 pm

I guess at the end of the day you want to use your trades well, particularly in the early rounds turning those trades into cash so you can keep improving the 17 you put on the paddock. So team value at this stage does seem a reasonable indicator of how well you've been using your trades at least.

A bit of time to mull the next trade(s) over but who are people thinking of targeting this (next) week?

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu May 11, 2017 1:29 am

Struggling for trades this week.

Quite a few players I want to bring in over the next 3 weeks, hard trying to juggle the timing of everything, and picking the right cash outs.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu May 11, 2017 8:22 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Struggling for trades this week.

Quite a few players I want to bring in over the next 3 weeks, hard trying to juggle the timing of everything, and picking the right cash outs.

Im with you mate, its a real tough week.

Perhaps a little easier for some with Ponga dropping out of the 19, and now the likelihood of Elliot, MWZ, and Fuimaono starting.

Im lucky in the sense that I already took the punt on Elliot and Fuimaono over the last few weeks, but ironically that just makes trades even tougher. Add to that uncertainty about certain guys playing Origin or not and it becomes a very tough week!!

I have Mannering and Im a little torn whether to keep him or not. Im not too concerned with him missing 2 weeks (I can cover that) but if he were to miss round 12 that would be a real hit to the nuts cause he then misses 15 and 18 from memory too. Im leaning towards trading him out to Surgess or Brown maybe....

What are other people doing with Mannering?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu May 11, 2017 9:24 am

Luckily for me I don't have Mannering.

Don't have MWZ or Fuimoana either. And not bringing them in this week. Going to take advantage of the free looks to see if they are worth it.

Bringing in Nathan Brown this week.
    Next 2 weeks hopefully turn CHN, Yates and ETaylor into Surgess, James Graham and a cashout

Also really tempted by Norman this week - wish I'd brought him a couple weeks ago when he was sub $400k. Bit concerned by the potential for Moses and the impact on his scores though
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Thu May 11, 2017 2:54 pm

I am holding Mannering. Two weeks out (if true) is not long enough to trade out a gun. Hopefully he will be back to play in round 12.

I've already traded out the wrong guy (Faufusi over Hess), so easy decision to get rid of Hess this week. Was originally thinking about Elliott but the Mannering news means I need a decent scorer for my 17. I like the look of SST but will opt for N.Brown I think although he is 100k more. Other trade will probably be Lamb - Frawley.

At this stage, I'm holding Ponga, but $315k is a lot to be sitting on the sidelines. Am thinking he becomes Munster in Rd 13. James Graham is my main Rd 12 target now.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu May 11, 2017 3:38 pm

I'm a Nonga in this comp. but if I had Ponga I'd be tempted to hold too. See how Coote goes, he might end up straight back in the team
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Thu May 11, 2017 8:18 pm

I'm a Nonga and a Nannering.

Hess > SST
    Aubs > Munster
    Rational. Trading players that scored me points and are new going to loose money for players that will score me points and make money.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri May 12, 2017 11:15 pm

Brought in Brown over Surgess. That is going to hurt. Otherwise doing we'll this week
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Sat May 13, 2017 3:45 am

code delta wrote:I'm a Nonga and a Nannering.

Hess > SST
    Aubs > Munster
    Rational. Trading players that scored me points and are new going to loose money for players that will score me points and make money.

I iike the first trade, but not the second. Aubs is back in the 2RF (at least for now) and hopefully will stay there with Napa, Cordner and possibly Guerra origin-bound. Plus Roosters play two of the three big byes.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat May 13, 2017 10:08 am

466/6 (c) Gallen.

That's without Surgess too. Now watch as the weekend games stuff up my good start
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat May 13, 2017 10:12 am

Loose on 569/8 (c) Smith to come.

And a few others in our leagues on similar massive scores.

Weekly this week going to be massive
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat May 13, 2017 10:13 am

Flying this week but a tough final reserve choice. Gotta run with CHN or Hayne
    447 from 6 players no captain. Lowest scorer is 56 from Taumalolo. McInnes Surgess Walker and Crichton all scoring above what I expected
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Sat May 13, 2017 11:09 am

400 from 5 including gal as captain but no surgess
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight Sat May 13, 2017 7:25 pm

RTS terrible, pretty sure everyone in top 10 would have him.
    lloosemcgoose
    lloosemcgoose

Post by lloosemcgoose Sun May 14, 2017 1:52 am

Milchcow wrote:
    466/6 (c) Gallen.

That's without Surgess too. Now watch as the weekend games stuff up my good start

913 with BJ and brown to come

after last weeks soul crushing 700 its nice to see a bounce back

manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Sun May 14, 2017 10:48 am

lloosemcgoose wrote:

Great score mate im only 737 with gordon aubs and norman to go hopefully will hit the 850 mark
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Sun May 14, 2017 2:47 pm

lloosemcgoose wrote:

Great score Loose. It's a good matchup between you and Shizzle in L1 who is scoring well also.
    I'm on 817 with Cotric, Mitchell and Norman to go. Need a big one from Mitchell to make up for my other 2 fullbacks (Tedesco and RTS).
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Sun May 14, 2017 6:07 pm

Wow !!!!!!!!!!

Jordan Rapana is going to lose abt $160K in his last 2 games.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:29 pm