NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Share

    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 5742
    Reputation : 556
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Welshy on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:25 pm

    @samaael wrote:

    And less riskier than JWH and George Burgess. Not that much more in price. What the hell happened to George last yr?

    Just looked at JWHs big minute games from last yr, not pretty

    I'm fairly confident in Gurgess returning to form, hip injury amongst others last year knocked his avg down a staggering 18 points from the previous 2 years averages, even if he only gets 8 of those back he will be well worth the outlay, providing he is fit again

    Still confident JWH can improve on his 35 point average

    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 5742
    Reputation : 556
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Welshy on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:44 pm

    Anyone care to rank based on value and potential score range

    DSaifiti
    JWH
    Gurgess
    Wallace

    samaael

    Posts : 21
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2017-01-12

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by samaael on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:11 pm

    @Welshy wrote:Anyone care to rank based on value and potential score range

    DSaifiti
    JWH
    Gurgess
    Wallace

    I have both Gurgess and JWH in one of my drafts at the moment.

    1. Saifiti
    2. Wallace
    3. JWH
    4. Gurgess

    But I have no idea really.

    Wallace to get similar mins to Luke Douglas I guess. 45-50 mins. Looks like Wallace can score more points in those same mins. PPM would be a lot better.

    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 5742
    Reputation : 556
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Welshy on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:18 pm

    @samaael wrote:

    I have both Gurgess and JWH in one of my drafts at the moment.

    1. Saifiti
    2. Wallace
    3. JWH
    4. Gurgess

    But I have no idea really.

    I have had both also but recently switched to DSaifiti over JWH because I think he has a higher ceiling, at this point I'm just assuming Gurgess is over his injury problems so has the better fantasy pedigree than JWH added bonus he is a few $ cheaper

    problem with DSaifiti is knights rotation and Browns penchant for mixing it up, especially if they underperform to start the season! Wallace is an unknown but has the potential for an increase in minutes and role for the Titans who pursued him pretty hard, no Douglas means he should get the starting gig

    I currently have them

    Gurgess
    DSaifiti
    JWH
    Wallace

    samaael

    Posts : 21
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2017-01-12

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by samaael on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:20 pm

    @Welshy wrote:

    I have had both also but recently switched to DSaifiti over JWH because I think he has a higher ceiling, at this point I'm just assuming Gurgess is over his injury problems so has the better fantasy pedigree than JWH added bonus he is a few $ cheaper

    problem with DSaifiti is knights rotation and Browns penchant for mixing it up, especially if they underperform to start the season! Wallace is an unknown but has the potential for an increase in minutes and role for the Titans who pursued him pretty hard, no Douglas means he should get the starting gig

    I currently have them

    Gurgess
    DSaifiti
    JWH
    Wallace


    i edited and added some info about Wallace.

    Similar mins to Douglas. Better PPM

    Archer

    Posts : 2649
    Reputation : 433
    Join date : 2016-01-12

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Archer on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:26 pm

    @Welshy wrote:Anyone care to rank based on value and potential score range

    DSaifiti
    JWH
    Gurgess
    Wallace
    Not quite what you're asking but currently I'm considering JWH and Wallace and not the other two.

    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 5742
    Reputation : 556
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Welshy on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:27 pm

    @samaael wrote:


    i edited and added some info about Wallace.

    Similar mins to Douglas. Better PPM

    If he takes Douglas end of season role where he averaged close to 50 minutes he could be a decent option, I don't really like PPM and I don't think Wallace is the workhorse Douglas was

    Archer

    Posts : 2649
    Reputation : 433
    Join date : 2016-01-12

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Archer on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:28 pm

    @Welshy wrote:

    I don't really like PPM and I don't think Wallace is the workhorse Douglas was
    Put me down for this too thanks guv!

    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 5742
    Reputation : 556
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Welshy on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:28 pm

    @Archer wrote:
    Not quite what you're asking but currently I'm considering JWH and Wallace and not the other two.

    rank the options on what you perceive to be best based on value and points potential, all around the same $$$

    Archer

    Posts : 2649
    Reputation : 433
    Join date : 2016-01-12

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Archer on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:29 pm

    Also, I know at the end of last season some very wise advice was offered to record your final ranking, but for those too stupid/lazy to do so at the time, what do we think the chances are we can find out what it was.... Embarassed

    Archer

    Posts : 2649
    Reputation : 433
    Join date : 2016-01-12

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Archer on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:31 pm

    @Welshy wrote:

    rank the options on what you perceive to be best based on value and points potential, all around the same $$$
    I mean I can't really separate them well enough to give points potential or definitive ranks so i just split them into two categories

    Cat 1 - Might make my team at this stage
    JWH
    Wallace

    Cat 2 - Unlikely to make my team at this stage
    Saifiti
    Gurgess


    Tbh, this feels like one of those do you go Rochow or Whitehead moments, where you flip the coin/go with your gut and hope it turns out.

    samaael

    Posts : 21
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2017-01-12

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by samaael on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:33 pm

    @Archer wrote:
    I mean I can't really separate them well enough to give points potential or definitive ranks so i just split them into two categories

    Cat 1 - Might make my team at this stage
    JWH
    Wallace

    Cat 2 - Unlikely to make my team at this stage
    Saifiti
    Gurgess


    Tbh, this feels like one of those do you go Rochow or Whitehead moments, where you flip the coin/go with your gut and hope it turns out.

    why not Saifiti?

    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 5742
    Reputation : 556
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Welshy on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:33 pm

    @Archer wrote:
    I mean I can't really separate them well enough to give points potential or definitive ranks so i just split them into two categories

    Cat 1 - Might make my team at this stage
    JWH
    Wallace

    Cat 2 - Unlikely to make my team at this stage
    Saifiti
    Gurgess

    Laughing haha

    Why no Gurgess? Previous fantasy gun with an injury hampered previous season, I mean you can't blame the whole season on injury but it played a part, shaving 18 points off your fantasy avg is a HUGE chunk

    Lets not bring up the Rochow/Whitehead debate Embarassed
    in fairness Rochow was travelling before his injury Laughing

    samaael

    Posts : 21
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2017-01-12

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by samaael on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:39 pm

    a little stat comparison albeit a poor one.

    douglas
    run metres per min: 2.4
    tackles per min: 0.6

    wallace
    run metres per min: 2.3
    tackles per min: 0.6


    Similar work rate i guess

    Archer

    Posts : 2649
    Reputation : 433
    Join date : 2016-01-12

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Archer on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:03 pm

    @Samaael
    Just a gut thing really, no real solid reasoning that i can explain to persuade others that i can think of. Maybe there is something that led my gut to this that I can't remember and its more likely just one of those "I've got a bad feeling" things.

    @Welshy
    Don't trust him to have recovered. Call it conditioning from supporting the Raiders so long, but I'm not convinced he comes back fully recovered nor lasts more than 5 weeks without something playing up. I'd love to have him as he's a proven gun, I'm just a cautious fantasy coach when it comes to injury, can only take so many gambles in a season and I'd rather take mine on the BJ's and Idris's of the game pulling their finger out.

    samaael

    Posts : 21
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2017-01-12

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by samaael on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:06 pm

    Where did Kenny Bromwich play when he came on last season? On the edge?

    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 3108
    Reputation : 729
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Milchcow on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:33 pm

    Latest spreadsheet available here
    https://www.mediafire.com/?7drd8h6bd4ep9cq

    Uses solver in Excel to optimise team selections.

    Instructions here
    http://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t388-excel-team-picker

    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 5742
    Reputation : 556
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Welshy on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:33 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:Latest spreadsheet available here
    https://www.mediafire.com/?7drd8h6bd4ep9cq

    Uses solver in Excel to optimise team selections.

    Instructions here
    http://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t388-excel-team-picker

    LEG END

    mulvy

    Posts : 770
    Reputation : 76
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by mulvy on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:38 pm

    Can someone explain again why you all have a hard on for Moses? Yes his 51 avg of last five games was better than his season avg of 39 but wasn't Brooks injured for two or three of those? Did he not score sub 30 on more than half a dozen occasions through the year? Is he not still playing for the Tigers? Is he not priced appropriately?

    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 5742
    Reputation : 556
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Welshy on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:40 pm

    @mulvy wrote:Can someone explain again why you all have a hard on for Moses? Yes his 51 avg of last five games was better than his season avg of 39 but wasn't Brooks injured for two or three of those? Did he not score sub 30 on more than half a dozen occasions through the year? Is he not still playing for the  Tigers? Is he not priced appropriately?

    Pretty sure Milch has mentioned before it's his impact minus Farah mate

    His avg is near the 50 mark with no Farah

      Current date/time is Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:06 am