NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

Post by my tv broke Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:55 pm

Yeah, definitely good points. Hadnt really considered the effects of specifying one 18th man when i posted.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

Post by my tv broke Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:56 pm

So the latest on sims to broncos. Broncos have low balled with their offer. Way below what hes on now.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:00 pm

I like the rolling lock out idea. Not sure why people don't?

In my first year it wasn't rolling lock out and I had Hurrell it was his rookie year. The Warriors were to play Sunday and he was named to play. Saturday he turned out for the Vulcans. There was nothing I can do which was frustrating as hell knowing theres nothing you can do for over a day
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:18 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:I like the rolling lock out idea. Not sure why people don't?

In my first year it wasn't rolling lock out and I had Hurrell it was his rookie year. The Warriors were to play Sunday and he was named to play. Saturday he turned out for the Vulcans. There was nothing I can do which was frustrating as hell knowing theres nothing you can do for over a day

Agreed no dramas with rolling lockout.

The argument though is with a Rolling Lockout and single AE you get the lowest scoring player AND you only get the one.

With the alternative Milchy was talking about, you can select your AE's in order thus having more than one and also having more control over who gets to become the AE-more thought/knowledge is an advantage.

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:22 pm

Everyone keen on the Fanatics Nines comp again? I'm still working on how to access Fanatics at work with our new Filter so won't be able to help organise it. Anyone keen to help with it? Milchy did it last year but he has allready contributed enough in the last week to rest on his laurel's till 2018!
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:31 pm

flasSId* wrote:Everyone keen on the Fanatics Nines comp again?  I'm still working on how to access Fanatics at work with our new Filter so won't be able to help organise it.  Anyone keen to help with it?  Milchy did it last year but he has allready contributed enough in the last week to rest on his laurel's till 2018!

Bypassing the filter you mean? Drug

There's always a loophole
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:37 pm

flasSId* wrote:

The argument though is with a Rolling Lockout and single AE you get the lowest scoring player AND you only get the one.

With the alternative Milchy was talking about, you can select your AE's in order thus having more than one and also having more control over who gets to become the AE-more thought/knowledge is an advantage.

The other argument against it is that rolling lockout is a large commitment. Ignoring the circumstances of users abroad which they understandably don't care about, I think there are plenty of people who play fantasy and have other commitments over the weekend which make it not feasible to check final team lists an hour prior to each game. You could keep rolling lockout exactly as it is for those that can use it and just improve the AE system so i see it as a win win.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:38 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:I like the rolling lock out idea. Not sure why people don't?

An $88,000 Konrad Hurrell, those were the days
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:39 pm

flasSId* wrote:Everyone keen on the Fanatics Nines comp again?  I'm still working on how to access Fanatics at work with our new Filter so won't be able to help organise it.  Anyone keen to help with it?  Milchy did it last year but he has allready contributed enough in the last week to rest on his laurel's till 2018!

i don't mind helping out with this, nice and simple format like last year again? Just try scorer draft?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:55 pm

Chewie wrote:

Bypassing the filter you mean?  Drug

There's always a loophole

Haha, I have actually managed to surreptitously obtain the Proxy that will allow said access. However, directly after obtaining said Proxy I consulted our Corporate SOP's and "bypassing the Filter may lead to termination." So at this stage stuck using a phone at work for the forum.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:03 am

Archer wrote:
    flasSId* wrote:

The other argument against it is that rolling lockout is a large commitment. Ignoring the circumstances of users abroad which they understandably don't care about, I think there are plenty of people who play fantasy and have other commitments over the weekend which make it not feasible to check final team lists an hour prior to each game. You could keep rolling lockout exactly as it is for those that can use it and just improve the AE system so i see it as a win win.

So Rolling Lockout combined with a preference system? Makes sense.

From a selfish point of view, I loved the Rolling Lockout when it first started because I spend the majority of my weekends during the season watching the games. So it actually gives someone like me a slight advantage in that regard.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:06 am

Welshy wrote:

i don't mind helping out with this, nice and simple format like last year again? Just try scorer draft?

Very Happy worked a treat last year and really suits the format, if Milchy is happy with us replicating his prototype.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:04 am

flasSId* wrote:

Haha, I have actually managed to surreptitously obtain the Proxy that will allow said access. However, directly after obtaining said Proxy I consulted our Corporate SOP's and "bypassing the Filter may lead to termination." So at this stage stuck using a phone at work for the forum.

Tell them you eat lunch at your desk and one of the website you choose to visit is blocked despite it being a rugby league forum, you're allowed the use company computers for your own leisure I'm your own time as long as the content doesn't violate company policy.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:37 am

Honeysett wrote:
    flasSId* wrote:

Haha, I have actually managed to surreptitously obtain the Proxy that will allow said access.  However, directly after obtaining said Proxy I consulted our Corporate SOP's and "bypassing the Filter may lead to termination."  So at this stage stuck using a phone at work for the forum.

Tell them you eat lunch at your desk and one of the website you choose to visit is blocked despite it being a rugby league forum, you're allowed the use company computers for your own leisure I'm your own time as long as the content doesn't violate company policy.

I guess I don't have anything to lose as I won't bypass the VPN on my own accord because I'm a stickler for the rules. The problem is we are a pretty big Company and the IT guys at Head Office in Sydney wouldn't know me from a bar of soap. I guess I tell them exactly what you have suggested and if they say no then nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Spewin but cos I've allways been able to access Sportal/Fanatics for the last 6 years at work whilst they blocked a gazillion sites that I had no interest in. Now with the new filter Fanatics is the only site blocked. The irony is I can go to the actual NRL Fantasy page with no dramas; but a forum linked to it is blocked due to it's association with the game Lol
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:57 am

Archer wrote:

Yeah, this is what gets me. I simply cant commit to this game anywhere close to enough to be competitive. 8 games per week, team lists which are by in large no help. You gotta be constantly online to be competitive. I like the game, but I'm resound to the fact that with the way its set up I aint gonna do that well.

On the other hand I played my first season of NFL fantasy this year. Me and my bro-in-law jointly ran a team which made it easier of course, but even still the way they have things set up for the NFL the commitment was nowhere near as great. We came 2nd overall, won some $, and I'd say the commitment to do so was about 10% that of NRL fantasy.

NRL fantasy is pretty much a lifestyle choice IMO Wink

It is probably important to note that none of the above explained why I did so shit last year Smile I'm just dont know my stuff haha. Maybe I'll be better for the experience this year though!
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:01 am

News reporting James Roberts is in trouble again for pulling a womans hair in a Gold Coast nightclub
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:13 am

bluetige wrote:News reporting James Roberts is in trouble again for pulling a womans hair in a Gold Coast nightclub

Just another nrl player who can't handle the piss. What an egg.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:39 am

He is supposed to be on his last chance, but whats the bet he won't be sacked because he is too good a player
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:49 am

bluetige wrote:He is supposed to be on his last chance, but whats the bet he won't be sacked because he is too good a player

Yes he's the Hillary Clinton of the nrl. Send him to NZ. Us Kiwis will teach this Aussie how to handle his piss & if he plays up we'll just knock him out haha.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:53 am

Starling

Others have said it, but rolling lockout is a huge time commitment. I like fantasy, but I don't enjoy having to login to check teams all weekend.

Being able to name subs rather than cop an AE means you can setup your team pre lockout. Then when Hurrell is ruled out, you can relax because you already picked his replacement.
    The advantage of setting it up at the start of the round is that you can name subs that play before the player they are replacing.

As it is, if someone is a late scratching from the last game of the round, you might not be able to replace them because all potential replacements are locked out. Just frustrating.

BTW, you can have ranked subs, of rolling lockout but not both. Having both will open up more loophole abuse.

The other reason I'd prefer ranked subs, is that it would be better to have a scoring player over someone who will never take the field.
    I don't like the fact that in the current game it's advantageous to pick players you know will never score.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 1:31 pm