NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

samaael
    samaael

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2 - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

Post by samaael Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:36 am

White Lightning wrote:

Apparently F. Kaufusi has been training a bit in the 2fr in pre season. Also I think Bellamy started F. Kaufusi in the 2fr a couple of times in 2016 over K-Brom when Proctor was out injured. So the vacant Proctor spot is not a done deal just yet. It seems it's out of K-Brom, F. Kaufusi & Stimson as a smokie.

Round 25:
    PK: 20 mins
    KB: 60 mins

Round 24:
    PK: 34 mins
    KB: 58 mins

Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2 - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:38 am

Just listened to an interview with Madge Maguire he was very cagey on how he will use Farah, said he didnt want to give to much away, I can see our extended bench being 5 miles long Twisted Evil

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:50 am

samaael wrote:

Wallace has moved clubs though. His workrate isn't as good as I thought it was.
    I'm not a fan of all the subjective justification for picking players either.

Most are just assuming he slots into the Luke Douglas role and gets 50 minutes at his current PPM
    In games above 40 minutes last year, Wallace's PPM drops to 0.79 and that includes his only try of the year. In games less than 40 minutes Wallace's PPM was 0.88.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:51 am

samaael wrote:

Round 25:
    PK: 20 mins
    KB: 60 mins

Round 24:
    PK: 34 mins
    KB: 58 mins

Cheers samaael. Good info.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:54 am

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:Just listened to an interview with Madge Maguire he was very cagey on how he will use Farah, said he didnt want to give to much away, I can see our extended bench being 5 miles long Twisted Evil

jeez i hate this kind of crap from coaches. its not like its some big secret thats going to blow the competition away when its "unleashed". other clubs arent basing their preseason preparation on how souths are going to use farah.

maybe he just has no idea himself yet. aha
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:00 am

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:Just listened to an interview with Madge Maguire he was very cagey on how he will use Farah, said he didnt want to give to much away, I can see our extended bench being 5 miles long Twisted Evil

Hey AR. How do you think C. Walker will go in 2017. Will he keep the 2016 form going or will it be the 2nd year syndrome. I've have a theory that once A-Rey goes down early with his customary injury that C. Walker will step up & belt out 50's & 60's. Also I read on some Souths forum that A-Rey is focusing on taking the ball to the line more in 2017. Surely this increases his chance of injury & plays into my C. Walker theory. Also do you think Fuimaono will crack the starting 17 in 2017. Cheers mate.
    Floor Pie
    Floor Pie

Post by Floor Pie Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:50 am

Welshy wrote:

You are right mate so many question marks over established halves

Cleary and Norman IMO are the safest bets to return to and in Normans case improve on their 2016 avgs

DCE  - questions marks over control of team and now attacking job share with Green
    Thurston - another year older and team attack doesn't soley run through him anymore with Morgan, Coote etc
    SJ - question mark over kicking duties and addition of Foran
    Hunt - will depend on how well the Donkeys go and loss of Parker could factor in teams go forward
    ARey - Has Farah there and injury prone

The thing about SJ is that you will very likely be able to get him at some stage for $100K less than what he starts at, it's why he's usually in so many teams at the end of the year, because at some stage he's just too damn good value to not pick him up. Having said that - somebody else nailed it on page 1, the biggest problem for SJ is Kearney and his boring as bat shit style of play, guns have always thrived inside of Foran. For me its too risky to start with SJ considering you can usually upgrade to him at some stage of the season for a bargain price (or not if Kearney turns the Warriors into a 14ppg grinder team in which case you saved yourself a trade).

To me Moses is the same kind of player as SJ, the only difference is that Brooks is a little more dominant than what SJ has traditionally had at the Warriors. It all comes down to how balanced your team is, its fine to roll with Moses if you have a couple of dominant base stat halves. Just don't whinge when he gets his 20's, or gloat too much when he gets his 80.

You missed a couple of halves as well:
    Pearce - Now becomes a dominant general play kicker, will finally be injury/suspension/Maloney free. Genuine Gun.
    Cronk - Green free, back to the Widdop glory days?

I've said it a few times but if the Titans start with Taylor and Elgey, then Taylor has gun potential.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:14 am

White Lightning wrote:

Hey AR. How do you think C. Walker will go in 2017. Will he keep the 2016 form going or will it be the 2nd year syndrome. I've have a theory that once A-Rey goes down early with his customary injury that C. Walker will step up & belt out 50's & 60's. Also I read on some Souths forum that A-Rey is focusing on taking the ball to the line more in 2017. Surely this increases his chance of injury & plays into my C. Walker theory. Also do you think Fuimaono will crack the starting 17 in 2017. Cheers mate.

I think C.Walker will carry on in a similar vein,,though I wouldnt bank on Arey going down but if ya do you would have a jump on everyone else, I am staring with ARey as I always do, Walker could well fill in for GI if need be but thats a coach call - I just feel our ruck will be more organised this year and ARey is under valued at his price its just a gut feeling hoping to have him pairing with Norman at the moment.

Cody seems a better fit than Keary and has something special in attack a bit like Preston Campbell in that if he sees something he doesnt hesitate and just backs himself, I think he is priced appropriately and could be an astute pick up.

For what its worth in his interview " Madge" stated that Walker has been really putting in pre season and is as keen as mustard for seasons start.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:39 am

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:

I think C.Walker will carry on in a similar vein,,though I wouldnt bank on Arey going down but if ya do you would have a jump on everyone else, I am staring with ARey as I always do, Walker could well fill in for GI if need be but thats a coach call - I just feel our ruck will be more organised this year and ARey is under valued at his price its just a gut feeling hoping to have him pairing with Norman at the moment.

Cody seems a better fit than Keary and has something special in attack a bit like Preston Campbell in that if he sees something he doesnt hesitate and just backs himself, I think he is priced appropriately and could be an astute pick up.

For what its worth in his interview " Madge" stated that Walker has been really putting in pre season and is as keen as mustard for seasons start.

Great stuff mate. There's not much price difference between A-Rey & C. Walker so you could start with A-Rey & then jump on C. Walker if A-Rey gets injured I suppose.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:46 am

White Lightning wrote:

Great stuff mate. There's not much price difference between A-Rey & C. Walker so you could start with A-Rey & then jump on C. Walker if A-Rey gets injured I suppose.

Damn you WL just threw a squad with Walker at FB and I like - I like long time.....however it has Whare and Idries in centres which I am not keen on originally had Hunt in for Whare, but it negates the Slater issue.Also has Vete in for Klemmer so needs some tinkering - have zero left of cap.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:56 am

my tv broke wrote:

jeez i hate this kind of crap from coaches. its not like its some big secret thats going to blow the competition away when its "unleashed". other clubs arent basing their preseason preparation on how souths are going to use farah.

maybe he just has no idea himself yet. aha

No but ya can bet Jason Taylor would like to know.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:01 am

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:

Damn you WL just threw a squad with Walker at FB and I like - I like long time.....however it has Whare and Idries in centres which I am not keen on originally had Hunt in for Whare, but it negates the Slater issue.Also has Vete in for Klemmer so needs some tinkering - have zero left of cap.

haha yeah I have C. Walker at f/b as well but I have SJ instead of A-Rey because I think A-Rey could play origin so he's not bye friendly. I actually hope A-Rey stays fit & healthy on the field as he has had bad luck with injuries especially the broken jaw in 2016.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:03 pm

Just been playing around with Milch's solver - fantastic! It's confirmed a lot of the gut feel I had about maximising value across a full 17.

Also - I raised this on the first thread, but I reckon Richard Kennar could be good value.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:08 pm

Not sure if this has been posted, I'm not going back to look for it

Whackoff Whispers on twatter
    A few players have had there positions updated yesterday SJ/Klemmer/Glenn/T.Sims/Rochow/Tonumaipea all now dual
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:11 pm

Bren wrote:Is there a nickname for Phythian yet?

Every time I read his name for some reason I think of HULK HOGAN BROTHER, WITH MY 24 INCH PYTHONS!! WHATCHA GUNNA DO BROTHER WHEN HULKAMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOU!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:11 pm

Floor Pie wrote:

The thing about SJ is that you will very likely be able to get him at some stage for $100K less than what he starts at, it's why he's usually in so many teams at the end of the year, because at some stage he's just too damn good value to not pick him up.  Having said that - somebody else nailed it on page 1, the biggest problem for SJ is Kearney and his boring as bat shit style of play, guns have always thrived inside of Foran.  For me its too risky to start with SJ considering you can usually upgrade to him at some stage of the season for a bargain price (or not if Kearney turns the Warriors into a 14ppg grinder team in which case you saved yourself a trade).

You underestimate SJs consistency.

Started last year at $477k, cheapest you could pick him up for was $422k. Conveniently that was just before origin, but would you bet on the same good timing happening again.
    In previous years the main reason SJ has become highly owned for the run home is that he's had a single bad injury effected score that has killed his price. In general his scores are no more volatile than any half.

In practise though, it doesn't matter too much if SJ doesn't drop a large amount, because its likely that some gun will.

Thurston and Hunt both lost more than SJ did. DCE lost about the same.

All it takes is for some gun player to get injured in the first 5 minutes, pump out a single figure score and then insta-affordability. Just wait until cash out time and pick up whoever is ripe for the plucking, whether that is SJ or someone else.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:11 pm

No Worries wrote:Not sure if this has been posted, I'm not going back to look for it

Whackoff Whispers on twatter
    A few players have had there positions updated yesterday SJ/Klemmer/Glenn/T.Sims/Rochow/Tonumaipea all now dual

That is for supercoach. Now go back to twatter
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:13 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:Just been playing around with Milch's solver - fantastic! It's confirmed a lot of the gut feel I had about maximising value across a full 17.

Also - I raised this on the first thread, but I reckon Richard Kennar could be good value.

Would love to have a mess with Milchy,s Voodoo but not sure if I am Tech Savy enough, I gather you need MS Office?

Where do you see Kennar fitting into that Bulldog squad as it stands SG ???

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:22 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:

Would love to have a mess with Milchy,s Voodoo

Inb4SIsayshewouldtapthat

Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:29 pm

Bren wrote:

Inb4SIsayshewouldtapthat

Shocked Embarassed

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:30 am