NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Share
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 7798
    Reputation : 1125
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Welshy on Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:47 pm

    Did SC release player prices after?
    avatar
    Archer

    Posts : 3638
    Reputation : 693
    Join date : 2016-01-12

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Archer on Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:07 pm

    flasSId* wrote:Baptiste ruptured Achilles, who have they got for back up?  Hodgson for 80 would be awesome.
    Uhhh I think we let go just about all of the backups, might still have Clydesdale but chances are Hodgo just plays 80. I think (at least in the back half of the season) the Gnome coming on for a time was less about giving Hodgo a rest and more to do with bringing in extra spark and attack in the form of Baptiste. If we don't have someone as good as Baptiste i don't see the point and I think it means Hodgson plays 80 at hooker. Not sure that will give you all that many extra fantasy points though.
    avatar
    Archer

    Posts : 3638
    Reputation : 693
    Join date : 2016-01-12

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Archer on Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:12 am

    One thing that will be interesting is who gets the bench spot if Hodgson does play 80 and how does that effect other scores. Wasn't sure if I'd be jumping on any of the Raiders forwards early in the season for 2017 (maybe Bateman if he lands the starting lock from rd 1) and I think this has confirmed it. Will likely mean someone like Jordan Turner gets added to the bench, there was a lot of talk of his versatility when we first signed him so it makes sense. Probably wont get a lot of game time though, at least in that role.
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 7798
    Reputation : 1125
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Welshy on Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:16 am

    Some potential big name fantasy bounce-back candidates 

    George Burgess
    Will Chambers
    Lachlan Coote
    Roger Tuivasa-Scheck
    Andrew McCullough
    Dylan Walker
    Ben Matulino
    James Maloney
    avatar
    Warriors

    Posts : 1066
    Reputation : 147
    Join date : 2015-12-07

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Warriors on Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:10 am

    @Welshy wrote:Some potential big name fantasy bounce-back candidates 

    George Burgess
    Will Chambers
    Lachlan Coote
    Roger Tuivasa-Scheck
    Andrew McCullough
    Dylan Walker
    Ben Matulino
    James Maloney

    To me only RTS is the sure thing of this lot at the price.

    Will have a look at George Burgess in charity shield and make a call. Will Chambers could improve to an average of 40 but could easily just average 30-35. Coote doesn't score enough tries or break enough tackles for me, and cowboys I expect are on the down. McCullough - well I don't know, if he plays 80 he could go well, hooker is a very hard pick this year like most, do you put in Smith and be safe or do you go someone else, Peats, Hodgson, McCullough etc
    Dylan Walker (better value elsewhere I would guess), Maloney I think can't do much better with Townsend around, and Matulino should actually go well with Kearney as coach.

    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2770
    Reputation : 689
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by No Worries on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:19 am

    Brett Stewart & Matai not returning, Foran & Glenn Stewart without a start, Watmough retired.

    Oh and Slater
    avatar
    Warriors

    Posts : 1066
    Reputation : 147
    Join date : 2015-12-07

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Warriors on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:39 am

    @No Worries wrote:Brett Stewart & Matai not returning, Foran & Glenn Stewart without a start, Watmough retired.

    Oh and Slater

    Where did you hear all this? Tom Trobjevic locked into my centres if fullback for the year. Played limp all season at fullback/centre and still managed to average 40. Manly has 6 out of 8 games at home to start the year, but more importantly they have an actual half in blake green to take the pressure of DCE.

    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 8369
    Reputation : 1281
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by SI on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:49 am

    Food for thought.
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 8369
    Reputation : 1281
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by SI on Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:05 pm

    Wacko reporting Idris has done a hammy Crying or Very sad

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Guest on Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:22 pm

    flasSId* wrote:Wacko reporting Idris has done a hammy Crying or Very sad

    If true that sucks. I hope for your sake that he just devoured a ham hock.
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 8369
    Reputation : 1281
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by SI on Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:48 pm

    Haha, just had another look-'hamstring injury' apparently so could be just a niggle or strain.
    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 4484
    Reputation : 1254
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Milchcow on Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:57 pm

    @Warriors wrote:

    Where did you hear all this? Tom Trobjevic locked into my centres if fullback for the year. Played limp all season at fullback/centre and still managed to average 40. Manly has 6 out of 8 games at home to start the year, but more importantly they have an actual half in blake green to take the pressure of DCE.


    I tend to be a lot more conservative about potential DPPs than others, but do you think TTurbo is a realistic chance at being a CTR in fantasy this year. I know he played a handful of games there last year, but I'd think his primary position would be fullback/winger
    avatar
    Warriors

    Posts : 1066
    Reputation : 147
    Join date : 2015-12-07

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Warriors on Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:08 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:

    I tend to be a lot more conservative about potential DPPs than others, but do you think TTurbo is a realistic chance at being a CTR in fantasy this year. I know he played a handful of games there last year, but I'd think his primary position would be fullback/winger

    Yeah, I think both Tom Trobjevic and Manu Ma'u should be based on playing four games there last year but I could be wrong. Tohu Harris won't be due to only playing three games there. However, I am more hopeful than anything, mainly because I can't justify picking up the Canberra centres until they are both well under $400K
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2770
    Reputation : 689
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by No Worries on Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:11 pm

    @Warriors wrote:

    Where did you hear all this? Tom Trobjevic locked into my centres if fullback for the year. Played limp all season at fullback/centre and still managed to average 40. Manly has 6 out of 8 games at home to start the year, but more importantly they have an actual half in blake green to take the pressure of DCE.


    Trent Barrett last night at the club on Matai (neck is still giving him trouble, not worth the risk this late in career) & snake (knees are fucked) or at least that's what he was telling people.

    The rest are just coincidental musings.
    avatar
    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 4549
    Reputation : 530
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 24

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Random on Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:45 pm

    Corrext ne if I am wrong but positions are decided on where the actual teams the players this year. Then Round 1 changes and then when they play in a different position 4 times. So basing it off last year or games played last year isnt a factor.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Guest on Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:10 pm

    Ikin thinks Oates will move to the bench with Marshall at left CTR and Kahu on the wing (Mead on the other). I would much rather Kahu at CTR, Oates on the wing and Marshall leftrightout. If either winger goes down then chuck Moga on the wing.
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 8369
    Reputation : 1281
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by SI on Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:19 pm

    @Random wrote:Corrext ne if I am wrong but positions are decided on where the actual teams the players this year. Then Round 1 changes and then when they play in a different position 4 times. So basing it off last year or games played last year isnt a factor.

    Definitely how DT did it prior to being dumped, yep. Not sure about FanHub though. Does the resident Bovine know?

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Guest on Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:30 pm

    flasSId* wrote:

    Definitely how DT did it prior to being dumped, yep.  Not sure about FanHub though.  Does the resident Bovine know?


    Guest
    Guest

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Guest on Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:04 pm

    My predictions for the Carney vs Sandow fight


    avatar
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 3333
    Reputation : 674
    Join date : 2015-08-01

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:36 pm

    lol!

      Current date/time is Sun May 28, 2017 11:01 am