NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

Melbourne Cup

SI

Re: Melbourne Cup

Post by SI on Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:34 pm

Almoonquith was a show at the 400 and was making ground on Hartnell; for a couple of seconds there it looked like he was going to storm the field...nekk minnit...

Ice

Post by Ice on Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:00 pm

Its always so easy in hindsight.  Almoonqith looked the run of the race in the CCup, and he was beaten easily by Almandin prior to that, with Almandin running a faster final 200 when they met and meeting him better at the weights.  Same with Qewys chances over Oceanographer.  Oceanographer was single figure odds an Qewy ($20something) had outstayed him in the Geelong Cup, I couldn't understand the price difference, but we sometimes get carried away with horses flashing home late and look past the ones that have won and won well.

Funny old game is horse racing.

SI

Post by SI on Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:08 pm

@Ice wrote:Its always so easy in hindsight.  Almoonqith looked the run of the race in the CCup, and he was beaten easily by Almandin prior to that, with Almandin running a faster final 200 when they met and meeting him better at the weights.  Same with Qewys chances over Oceanographer.  Oceanographer was single figure odds an Qewy ($20something) had outstayed him in the Geelong Cup, I couldn't understand the price difference, but we sometimes get carried away with horses flashing home late and look past the ones that have won and won well.

Funny old game is horse racing.

Haha, exactly. I was literally just looking at Almandin's form and wondering why I didn't have a bit on him.

Current date/time is Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:53 am