NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Melbourne Cup

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Melbourne Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Melbourne Cup

Post by standard-issue Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:34 pm

Almoonquith was a show at the 400 and was making ground on Hartnell; for a couple of seconds there it looked like he was going to storm the field...nekk minnit...
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:00 pm

Its always so easy in hindsight.  Almoonqith looked the run of the race in the CCup, and he was beaten easily by Almandin prior to that, with Almandin running a faster final 200 when they met and meeting him better at the weights.  Same with Qewys chances over Oceanographer.  Oceanographer was single figure odds an Qewy ($20something) had outstayed him in the Geelong Cup, I couldn't understand the price difference, but we sometimes get carried away with horses flashing home late and look past the ones that have won and won well.

Funny old game is horse racing.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:08 pm

Ice wrote:Its always so easy in hindsight.  Almoonqith looked the run of the race in the CCup, and he was beaten easily by Almandin prior to that, with Almandin running a faster final 200 when they met and meeting him better at the weights.  Same with Qewys chances over Oceanographer.  Oceanographer was single figure odds an Qewy ($20something) had outstayed him in the Geelong Cup, I couldn't understand the price difference, but we sometimes get carried away with horses flashing home late and look past the ones that have won and won well.

Funny old game is horse racing.

Haha, exactly. I was literally just looking at Almandin's form and wondering why I didn't have a bit on him.
    GoingNuts
    GoingNuts

Post by GoingNuts Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:05 pm

Melbourne Cup - Page 2 200
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:32 pm

^A most useful contribution. Basketball
    Would they consider starting Winx in The cup after she wins a third Cox Plate?
    They won't but they should.
    Not sure I've seen a horse like her. She'll continue to rewrite the record books.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:19 am

code delta wrote:^A most useful contribution. Basketball
    Would they consider starting Winx in The cup after she wins a third Cox Plate?
    They won't but they should.
    Not sure I've seen a horse like her. She'll continue to rewrite the record books.
    Not a chance in hell and why would they? She'd have to carry a tonne of weight in a handicap that just isn't suited to having the best horse win. There is a rumour around that after the spring she'll be going to the Arc which is widely regarded as the best turf race in the world, a good run there will do far more for her legacy than a Melbourne Cup ever would. In saying that I think she could win the cup, she just has an ability to switch off in races that is perfect for getting over a longer trip.

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 12:16 pm