NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Melbourne Cup

ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Melbourne Cup Empty Melbourne Cup

Post by ryno_ Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:45 pm

Righto once a year punters - whose winning the big race? Why wont Hartnell take the honors? Is there a better mid-range shot then WhoShotTheBarman? Is Venguer Masque a lock for a place?
    Krump
    Krump

Melbourne Cup Empty Re: Melbourne Cup

Post by Krump Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:19 pm

I'm on for huge collects with Oceanographer, Beautiful Romance and Curren Mirotic. They were all prepost so might save on a couple of others tomorrow after seeing how the track is playing.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:33 pm

Krump wrote:I'm on for huge collects with Oceanographer, Beautiful Romance and Curren Mirotic. They were all prepost so might save on a couple of others tomorrow after seeing how the track is playing.

That Jap horse hasn't won a race for three years. If it was an Australian horse there'd be talk that it shouldn't be allowed in to the field.
    Beautiful Romance is a bit interesting simply because she's here. 10 starts is pretty inexperienced for the cup. Reckon it's getting her used to things for next year. (is there a market up for next year already?)
    Obviously your best chance is Oceanographer. Ripping win on Saturday. If it wins tomorrow the Europeans might have to change their training methods. When was the last time one of them horses had three runs in 13 days? Bart might still have the last laugh. Smile
    FWIW I'm on Almandin.
    Might have a nibble at Gallante at the long odds.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:25 pm

Just realised there was allready a thread!

Almoonquith's Caulfield Cup run reminded me a bit of Delta Blues in the Caulfield 10 years ago before he went on to win the Melbourne Cup. Also got a bit on WhoShotTheBarman and Grand Marshall.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:36 pm

And yeah, Beautiful Romance is interesting at the 52.5 kgs.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:07 am

The Irish one
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:19 am

code delta wrote:

That Jap horse hasn't won a race for three years. If it was an Australian horse there'd be talk that it shouldn't be allowed in to the field.
    Beautiful Romance is a bit interesting simply because she's here. 10 starts is pretty inexperienced for the cup. Reckon it's getting her used to things for next year. (is there a market up for next year already?)
    Obviously your best chance is Oceanographer. Ripping win on Saturday. If it wins tomorrow the Europeans might have to change their training methods. When was the last time one of them horses had three runs in 13 days? Bart might still have the last laugh. Smile
    FWIW I'm on Almandin.
    Might have a nibble at Gallante at the long odds.
    2nd in the Tenno Sho is pretty bloody good form for a Melbourne Cup, if Tommy rolls along instead of trying to slow the pace Curren Mirotic is in with a red hot chance.
    I like the profile of Almandin, easily the best of Williams' buggered if I know why Bondi Beach is so short.
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:51 am

Currens last trip at 3200 it ran a time fast enough to win EVERY Melbourne Cup EVER. Has to be among the chances.

No 9 year old has every one and no horse has ever won from 18. Could he be the won to break the hoodoo in the same year??

I'd kick myself if he got up and i didn't have anything on him.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:58 am

Ice wrote:Currens last trip at 3200 it ran a time fast enough to win EVERY Melbourne Cup EVER.  Has to be among the chances.

No 9 year old has every one and no horse has ever won from 18.  Could he be the won to break the hoodoo in the same year??

I'd kick myself if he got up and i didn't have anything on him.
    He's well worth a bet but you can't compare times from the Japanese tracks they are seriously fast compared to ours.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:01 pm

Dom Beirne just gave a ridiculous rap for Hartnell. I guess the question is whether he peaked too early.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:34 pm

Who do you think is actually the best chance though Krumpy?
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:54 pm

I can never narrow it down to even half a dozen. But I'm going Heartbreak City of the untested Internationals. Hartnell the form local. Will hook those two into 2, 3, 5, 9, 17, 20.

Will probably not get a cent back.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:02 pm

flasSId* wrote:Who do you think is actually the best chance though Krumpy?
    Hartnell is easily the best chance(if he hasn't peaked). Jameka no chance at the weights for mine, I think she's got 3.5 kg's over weight for age which rights her off. Heartbreak City, Curren Mirotic and Almandin the best chances at decent odds.
    I'd totally ignore anything I say though, been doing my arse on this race for years Sad
    Just noticed Hartnell is $8.30 on the tote, well worth a crack at those odds, that should hold up as well with everyone backing numbers, colours and every other thing today.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:18 pm

Krump wrote:
    flasSId* wrote:Who do you think is actually the best chance though Krumpy?
    Hartnell is easily the best chance(if he hasn't peaked). Jameka no chance at the weights for mine, I think she's got 3.5 kg's over weight for age which rights her off. Heartbreak City, Curren Mirotic and Almandin the best chances at decent odds.
    I'd totally ignore anything I say though, been doing my arse on this race for years Sad
    Just noticed Hartnell is $8.30 on the tote, well worth a crack at those odds, that should hold up as well with everyone backing numbers, colours and every other thing today.

Yeah, I think a lot of people are going to do a lot of money on Jameka as well. I stick to Perth races nowadays and even then I only back 1 a week. But if I was backing one of the favourites it would be Hartnell over Jameka 100 times in 100.

Ice

Post by Ice Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:05 pm

Hartnell Donkey licked Jameka and then Jameka easily won the Caulfield Cup. Can anything that finished behind Jameka beat Hartnell? Hartnell held form and save for Winx would have convincingly won the Cox Plate as he wouldn't had tried to apply pressure to Winx early. He ran the fastest 400 last year of the 8 backing up from last years cup even after getting flattened. If $8 holds thats decent i reckon.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:17 pm

Ice wrote:Hartnell Donkey licked Jameka and then Jameka easily won the Caulfield Cup. Can anything that finished behind Jameka beat Hartnell?  Hartnell held form and save for Winx would have convincingly won the Cox Plate as he wouldn't had tried to apply pressure to Winx early.  He ran the fastest 400 last year of the 8 backing up from last years cup even after getting flattened.  If $8 holds thats decent i reckon.

It's a tough ask, but that's why I am so keen on Almoonquith. Check out his Caulfield Cup run again and what he had to do from the 600, and then how he hit the line. After all of that, he was the only runner pegging Jameka back.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:01 pm

I know fuck all about horse racing so I just picked a lucky number and chucked $50 on Qewy.
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:27 pm

Ice wrote:I can never narrow it down to even half a dozen. But I'm going Heartbreak City of the untested Internationals. Hartnell the form local. Will hook those two into 2, 3, 5, 9, 17, 20.

Will probably not get a cent back.

Got the Tri, missed the first 4.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:15 am

Ice wrote:

Got the Tri, missed the first 4.
    Same result here. Fucking Qewy cost me a fortune

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:34 pm

Krump wrote:
    Same result here. Fucking Qewy cost me a fortune

TopDog wrote:I know fuck all about horse racing so I chucked $50 on Qewy.

Melbourne Cup Raw

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:42 am