NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL Fantasy II

StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

NFL Fantasy II - Page 42 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy II

Post by StuDogg101 Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:35 pm

Russ wrote:

Good waiver pick up - if I didn't have Ravens and Vikings stashed in L2 and L3, I would have taken a shot with GB - hope it works out.

NFL weather has temp at game time at -2F (-15C) and wind at 17mph for that game - uncomfortable conditions for QBs and kickers - particularly the wind.  Passing becomes erratic and turnover prone over about 15mph.  So low passing points, and better chance of D picking up interceptions, and STs get more looks with more punting returns.

Vegas Betting also has Packers-Bears currently as lowest overall total points, and Bears is lowest individual team total with Browns and Jags.

I'm up against Rogers and Adams in L2 playoff - hoping my reasoning is sound and GB have the windy/cold weather passing problems too.

Also have Jordan Howard in L3 playoff - again hoping Bears passing fails, and they run a lot.

Not mention Rodgers isn't 100% cheer I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope lol good luck!
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:44 am

Russ wrote:

Good waiver pick up - if I didn't have Ravens and Vikings stashed in L2 and L3, I would have taken a shot with GB - hope it works out.

NFL weather has temp at game time at -2F (-15C) and wind at 17mph for that game - uncomfortable conditions for QBs and kickers - particularly the wind.  Passing becomes erratic and turnover prone over about 15mph.  So low passing points, and better chance of D picking up interceptions, and STs get more looks with more punting returns.

Vegas Betting also has Packers-Bears currently as lowest overall total points, and Bears is lowest individual team total with Browns and Jags.

I'm up against Rogers and Adams in L2 playoff - hoping my reasoning is sound and GB have the windy/cold weather passing problems too.

Also have Jordan Howard in L3 playoff - again hoping Bears passing fails, and they run a lot.

Miami D payed off for me, 21 points. It could well be the difference actually in my L3 playoff. Green Bay must have gone ok right? quite a few picks.
    Rogers was massive flop this week. GB running game went off and grabbed all the points! Adams had the dropsies too so I imagine you are looking good in L2?

Who did you pick up for the Denv D Bronc??

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:02 pm

Its funny how fantasy works huh. I projected Cooks to close out the season well, particularly his last 3 games Week 12 to 14. He pretty much stunk all those 3 games. Today he sits on my bench with 2 TDs and 127 yards at half time Smile
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:09 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Miami D payed off for me, 21 points. It could well be the difference actually in my L3 playoff. Green Bay must have gone ok right? quite a few picks.
    Rogers was massive flop this week. GB running game went off and grabbed all the points! Adams had the dropsies too so I imagine you are looking good in L2?

Who did you pick up for the Denv D Bronc??

Well, fuck.

GB only dragged in a lousy 6 pts, and Mearcats had Miami, so that didn't help.
    Combined with getting sucked in by Crowell again (2 pts) and Cooper maintaining his slump (2 pts), I'm in trouble for the 2vs3 playoff.
    Johnson and Powell did their best to keep me in there, and a late charge by Cameron Brate (13 pts all in the second half) has given me a slim chance.

However, it comes down to my roll of the dice on Cam Newton vs Cousins and 14 pts. Unless Superman can save the day - I'm out.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:18 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Its funny how fantasy works huh. I projected Cooks to close out the season well, particularly his last 3 games  Week 12 to 14. He pretty much stunk all those 3 games. Today he sits on my bench with 2 TDs and 127 yards at half time Smile

I havent batted an eyelid at cooks score today, still not worth it. Abysmal season from the cookie
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:47 pm

BroncHose wrote:

Well, fuck.

GB only dragged in a lousy 6 pts, and Mearcats had Miami, so that didn't help.
    Combined with getting sucked in by Crowell again (2 pts) and Cooper maintaining his slump (2 pts), I'm in trouble for the 2vs3 playoff.
    Johnson and Powell did their best to keep me in there, and a late charge by Cameron Brate (13 pts all in the second half) has given me a slim chance.

However, it comes down to my roll of the dice on Cam Newton vs Cousins and 14 pts. Unless Superman can save the day - I'm out.

so close.

down by 3 pts.

I'm going to put this one down to Jordy Nelson grabbing the last long catch with 30 secs to go. Netted Mearcats an extra 5 pts or so when I thought he was only going to get about 5 pts out of Jordy.

Well done mate - now you can advance into L1!
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:16 pm

BroncHose wrote:

so close.

down by 3 pts.

I'm going to put this one down to Jordy Nelson grabbing the last long catch with 30 secs to go. Netted Mearcats an extra 5 pts or so when I thought he was only going to get about 5 pts out of Jordy.

Well done mate - now you can advance into L1!

That was close as fuck! TBH at half time in that game I had resigned myself to a loss. I was checking in periodically throughout the game and almost shit the bed when Cousins was on 0 at half time and Newton was on 14 or some such nonsense! 

I took three gambles in this game... Felt they were all justifiable based on matchups but that just shows how wrong it is to base anything on that. Picked Ajayi over Howard (Howards matchup was heavily against him) and that was a flop. Picked Cousins over Brees after Brees last few weeks and Cousins matchup being favourable. That was a mistake. Thankfully picking Miami D up off the wire and playing them over the Pats worked out.

Game well played mate, between yourself and Russ you've been pacesetters all year. You had a lil slump there towards the end but still came home strong!
    Deuces
    Deuces

Post by Deuces Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:40 pm

Hey lads, been real lousy at posting recently been, work has been full on and now the kids are at home for the holidays.......but all seems good for Hard Gronk Life in L1 as im poised for a finals showdown with Dread Lord. All the best Dread and to the rest of ya a Merry Xmas and all that stuff if i dont get back on before then. Very Happy
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:41 am

L3 playoffs were interesting.

In one matchup Bundah v Dumpin it was all tied up with the last round to be played. Dumping had Reed and only needed a point but he got himself ejected with only a single 6 yrs reception to his name. Match up tied but Dumpin advances, presumably on PF?

In the other it came down to the last game again with Jags ~10points down but with Newton in hand vs De Sean Jackson. With a few min left in the game Jags had the edge but a couple late receptions including a challenge to an incomplete 22 yrs pass to Jackson saw me getting a 2 point win.

Final is Rippin vs Dumpin in L3
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:20 pm

Who won the overall placement for advancement in L3 Rippin? Also who is set for advancement in L2?
    Russ
    Russ

Post by Russ Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:23 pm

Random wrote:Who won the overall placement for advancement in L3 Rippin? Also who is set for advancement in L2?

Since its another wet day on site in Darwin with no work, and I'm in both L2 and L3 (making up the numbers in L3)...

L3 - Rippin won the regular season.

Two really close match-ups in the semifinals.  I tied with Bundah Boys (Jelejasof?) 85-85 but got through on having a better Points For (after tying regular season ranking).  Rippin got Jag Nation by 2 points 103-101.  Rippin vs me in the final.

I was only making up numbers in L3 after a few dropped out just prior to draft so won't be part of relegation/promotion.  Rippin + Jag Nation or Bundah Boys for best of regular season+finals?

L2 - managed to just stay ahead of Mearcats for the regular season win.

Another 2 close match-ups in the semifinals vs Bronchose and Stu.   Mearcats vs me in the final.

Not sure what was finally agreed for promotion/relegation...
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:05 am

Who trades wins
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:26 pm

Pain wrote:Who trades wins

Sounds like a good name for a horse....
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:36 pm

Russ wrote:

Since its another wet day on site in Darwin with no work, and I'm in both L2 and L3 (making up the numbers in L3)...

L3 - Rippin won the regular season.

Two really close match-ups in the semifinals.  I tied with Bundah Boys (Jelejasof?) 85-85 but got through on having a better Points For (after tying regular season ranking).  Rippin got Jag Nation by 2 points 103-101.  Rippin vs me in the final.

I was only making up numbers in L3 after a few dropped out just prior to draft so won't be part of relegation/promotion.  Rippin + Jag Nation or Bundah Boys for best of regular season+finals?

L2 - managed to just stay ahead of Mearcats for the regular season win.

Another 2 close match-ups in the semifinals vs Bronchose and Stu.   Mearcats vs me in the final.

Not sure what was finally agreed for promotion/relegation...

Will be a promotion for you into L1 for next year fella if you decide to hang around with us! Bloody good season on your behalf. May be promotion for me too but not sure if it was 2 players up and t o down or just one.

Kicked off the final today, got a wee leading edge over you at the moment with OBJ going ok for a change, still plenty to come tho!
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:04 pm

Mearcats wrote:

Will be a promotion for you into L1 for next year fella if you decide to hang around with us! Bloody good season on your behalf. May be promotion for me too but not sure if it was 2 players up and t o down or just one.

Kicked off the final today, got a wee leading edge over you at the moment with OBJ going ok for a change, still plenty to come tho!
    If the regular league winner makes the superbowl final then the runner up of the play-offs will also get promoted as 2 go up/down from each league. minus relegation from league 3 obviously...

So you will be promoted mate....congrats

Post by Guest Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:55 pm

Dayyyyuuum Son. Hill is ridiculous.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:08 am

Belated congrats to the L3 winner Russ who smoked me in the final.

Also just saw I got 2nd in the sport deck season game. Only a handful of points (1 TD) away from 1st and what would have been $1000. Not bad for a first timer!!
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:07 pm

Packers or Chiefs to win the Bowl fella's Wink
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri May 19, 2017 7:53 am

So in regards to NFL Fantasy, are we running through NFL.com instead of ESPN this year?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri May 19, 2017 8:11 am

Random wrote:So in regards to NFL Fantasy, are we running through NFL.com instead of ESPN this year?
    Im not opposed to the switch mate! In fact the keeper league I joined was awesome! Anyone got a list of the promotion relegation members from last year?

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:44 pm