NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL Fantasy II

Archer
    Archer

NFL Fantasy II - Page 36 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy II

Post by Archer Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:53 pm

BroncHose wrote:

So who would you have gone for?

I was surprised to be able to stash Dixon at the sixth waiver pick, but missed out on Kaepernick (can't believe I'm considering streaming a QB with Cam Newted)

I also picked up some Gronk cover in Cameron Brate. Winston is looking the goods and I thought he's been slightly more consistent than Ebron throughout the year.

I too have suffered from a 2nd round pick bust in Gronk. Cam Newton is next in line.

Hmm not too sure, I've been away in Cornwall all week so outside of logging in to check the score i didn't really think to much about the fantasy stuff. It's being greedy but I guess I would have liked to pick up Tyreek or AP, though I'm not sure who i would have dropped for them. Outside of that I have Walker on a bye so I need a TE and I'm pretty done with the Mia D (fuck them seriously, why did i ever let Ravens D go Sad )

Last edited by Archer on Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:57 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Who did people pick up mate? you looking to fill any wholes still?

A few pick ups in L3:
    Tyreke Hill of course, but then the rest were streaming picks. Eg the Ravens D was picked up, and I picked up Ebron in case Gronk stays out, and also grabbed DeSean Jackson in case Peterson is out, in which case he has a killer matchup to go with his pick up in form.

There's quite a few other good pick ups too for people with injury problems. I was considering Mitchell and I reckon Boyd is an option if he is available. Not much on offer at RB anymore, but a good streaming QB should be out there for anyone who needs one.

L2 had Kaep, Hill, Brate, AP, Dixon, Pats & Ravens D picked up this week.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:04 am

Archer wrote:

L2 had Kaep, Hill, Brate, AP, Dixon, Pats & Ravens D picked up this week.

AP could be a nice pick up. He's been held tight by the inactive guy in L3 so has not been on waivers.

Green got dropped in L3 a couple weeks back. I tried to grab him for the playoffs on the chance he returns. Someone else got him though.

Kaep is the go to QB streamer for this week huh. Watch him bust this week, haha! But seriously, he looks like a good option huh!
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:13 am

BroncHose wrote:

From L2 the active guys seem to be (in order of standings):
    Rawls Deep - @Russ (the runaway lead)
    Team Mearcats - @Mearcats (two game lead for promotion)
    Team Bomber - @Bronchose (nails dug in after a 4 game losing streak - incl to last place who has not touched his team recently)
    Canterbury Charizards - @Studogg101 (a tie week with @jelejasof keeping him in the playoff hunt)
    Team Archer - @Archer (hastily making up lost ground from the early weeks)
    Team Benson - @ASIO / Welshy (suffering from indecision)
    West End Warriors - @Jelejasof (about to be owned this week - I hope)

Team Krump - @Krump is about the only one who seems to be out after making 4 acquisitions throughout the season.

I'd say we'll get to a point next season where we combine for 2 leagues anyways.

Missed your post somehow, thanks for putting that up! Yeah Cam is probably one of the biggest busts of the year, 2nd only to Gurley? Other than those that have gone down with injuries of course, AP springs to mind! Good thing is, with QBs in an 8 team league you can stream a pretty good one each week right?

I'm looking forward to next season already. With one season under my belt I feel like I am much more switched on. My draft strategy would be a bit different, but the main thing is that from round 5 of the draft on I might actually have a clue about the fantasy value of some of the players haha.

Is that the same Russ in L3? He's chomping at my heals in 2nd over there!

NFL Fantasy II - Page 36 Nfl10
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:53 pm

I have just let the hand brake off for the run home boys
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:23 pm

Revraiser wrote:I have just let the hand brake off for the run home boys

I did a clutch in round 3. Despite trying to double pump it I haven't managed to get out of 3nd gear.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:48 pm

Pain wrote:

I did a clutch in round 3. Despite trying to double pump it I haven't managed to get out of 3nd gear.

I like it, better for the experience no doubt.

The ole double clutch shuffle hey
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:38 am

RIP Gronk. you're dead to me.
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:55 pm

Studogg, I've offered another detailed trade offer in line with the last. Let me know if it interests you.
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:25 pm

Struggling on which WR to play in Flex - Snead against Detroit or Moncrief vs Jets.

Any thoughts?
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:58 pm

BroncHose wrote:Struggling on which WR to play in Flex - Snead against Detroit or Moncrief vs Jets.

Any thoughts?
    Not Diggs thats for sure.... worst post xmas party decision ever Sad
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:03 pm

BroncHose wrote:Struggling on which WR to play in Flex - Snead against Detroit or Moncrief vs Jets.

Any thoughts?

I'd go Moncrief, but I was a big Cooks fan last week and....well you know what happened to him.

Logic? Form line says enough I reckon, but a couple other things:

Snead probably won't throw a TD again this season. So you take that out and you are left with 3 of 11 games where he has put up numbers you'd be happy with. 2 of them were in weeks 1 and 2, ages ago. Also I reckon Cooks will actually get targets this week - they need to bring him into the game after last weeks disaster. Unless of course there is something odd going on in NO. I haven't heard anything to that extent though,

Moncrief on the other hand is in a good run of form as is a massive red zone target. I also think the Jets will tank from here on in so think Indy might rack up some points. Probably the only caveat could be if Luck is out, but thats not looking likely.

Any help?
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:29 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

I'd go Moncrief, but I was a big Cooks fan last week and....well you know what happened to him.

Logic? Form line says enough I reckon, but a couple other things:

Snead probably won't throw a TD again this season. So you take that out and you are left with 3 of 11 games where he has put up numbers you'd be happy with. 2 of them were in weeks 1 and 2, ages ago. Also I reckon Cooks will actually get targets this week - they need to bring him into the game after last weeks disaster. Unless of course there is something odd going on in NO. I haven't heard anything to that extent though,

Moncrief on the other hand is in a good run of form as is a massive red zone target. I also think the Jets will tank from here on in so think Indy might rack up some points. Probably the only caveat could be if Luck is out, but thats not looking likely.

Any help?

Yep - loads. I had switched Moncrief back in but just thinking that the chances of a shootout are going to be big this week with NO. I just can't get past Brees sharing it around so much, so yep, Moncrief back in.
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:24 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Yeah, that's how I feel, wouldn't have done it otherwise, but did have to take a punt not eh 2nd (Evans) trade, otherwise I would have been depleted at WR.

The key seemed to be finding areas where others have been rocked by injuries. You were in a whole at WR with in particular with Green going down but also Diggs looking dodgy too. But you had a ton of quality RBs of which I had one. Buddha Boys on the other hand was in a real pickle at RB but was real strong at WR. The rest is history as they say.

Everyone wins!!

By the way, how many active managers are their in L2 and L1?

L3 has always been a bit one-sided. No dramas, but I can see it would be a bit more fun if everyone was more active.

Yeah, I lost three RBs in the space within the week (Bernard, Prosise and Michael, with Ingram doubtful with concussion). So needed to pull the trigger, actually thought you were pretty reasonable given my dire straits!
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:07 pm

Any thoughts?

I am stealing a line here but getting t out their - Cooks is dead to me. Anyone offer anything just 'ok' in L1 and he is yours, easy trade.

I would go Moncrief for sure, Colts v Jets looks like Luck could throw atleast 3 and maybe 5 TD's imo. Moncrief will get loads of targets i reckon.

Totally seperately, my english footbal team Charlton are on Espn @ 1:55am tonight, a chance to see them in the FA Cup live. The team is a shadow of it's former self though, do not flick over and expect any flowing football.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:44 pm

Sorry Bron, owe you an apology, I accidentally deleted that second trade on my phone before I had read the note attached because I thought it was an error. I would have definitely been open to that conditional trade but get back to me after the weekend if you are still interested and I'll try be less of a fail about it
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:14 pm

Adjusted conditional trade sent through to u.
    If you are still keen, then we could ask Welshy to be a real nice guy and get it done this week so we can both use the players this week if need be.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:31 pm

BroncHose wrote:Adjusted conditional trade sent through to u.
    If you are still keen, then we could ask Welshy to be a real nice guy and get it done this week so we can both use the players this week if need be.
    put trade on here boys if no objection from league members will put it through quicker
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:39 am

I'm curious as to what these conditions are....
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:14 pm

Fairly simple - I offered a trade, but not with a suitable player for this week, but one he'd be content with subsequent weeks. So I offered a more suitable player this week with the condition that we'd trade again with the final players next week.

Although given that we are about to approach the point of no return, it may be a moot point.

C'mon studogg - you in?

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 am