NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NBA playoffs!!

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

NBA playoffs!! - Page 3 Empty Re: NBA playoffs!!

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:19 am

Gutted. I didn't get to watch game 7 unfortunately, but it sounds like it went down as expected.

To be honest if it wasn't for a few minutes of Klay magic OKC had that series in 6, but thats how GS have rolled all season; Decent ball with moments of crazy shooting from deep which can net them +10 point runs in < 2minutes. I think OKC could have withstood the run in game 6 but KD and Westbrook really did buckle in the 4th Q of game 6 and that was that.

As for Curry, I think you are missing the point on Curry if you simply look at him based on his stats compared to past legends because he really has, in the short term at least, helped change the way B-Ball is played. His shooting is just so out of sight that his base stats in R,A,S etc don't really matter that much. His deep shooting, along with Klays, has meant the mid-range shot is basically obsolete (in the GS game), and games can effectively be won in crazy 2 min spurts of shooting.

I think the legend talk is too early, but if he keeps up his shooting and keeps helping lead his team to Championships then he may well get there and he will do so by changing the game as much as through stats alone.

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:58 pm

Durant goneski to Miami, knew it. There goes Okc. Need atleast two big guns. Wade and Durant now mmmm

I wont even entertain curry criticism, not applicable.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:42 pm

Revraiser wrote:Durant goneski to Miami, knew it. There goes Okc. Need atleast two big guns. Wade and Durant now mmmm

I wont even entertain curry criticism, not applicable.

Just the first rumour of many to come I would say. I;m still holding out hope we can get him in LA!!
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:00 pm

Halfway through the 2nd and I'm calling it. We're going to Game 7.

Perfect! Monday off to watch it.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:42 am

Can't believe the Cavs have pushed it to game 7. Couldnt see it.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:06 pm

Any chance LeBron gets FinalsMVP if dubs win? Dude deserves it, clearly the best player of the series.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:51 pm

ryno_ wrote:Any chance LeBron gets FinalsMVP if dubs win? Dude deserves it, clearly the best player of the series.

Absolutely. He's been so dominant. I wish I put money on him when I said
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:19 am

Game 7 Nba has got me today, its a very entertaining game. Bit if argy bargy with James and Curry.
    Warriors look back on today.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:57 am

Man this could go either way. Kyrie starting to fire, Warriors sharing the floor well
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:02 pm

Green 6 of 7 from the 3. Not sure in the spelling but that Varejo looks to slow.
    Livingston has lots of poise. Underrated.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:10 pm

That block from LeBron and the 3 from Kyrie were championship plays.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:01 pm

Honeysett wrote:That block from LeBron and the 3 from Kyrie were championship plays.

Yup, absolutely. It just goes to show how little there is in it sometimes when pretty much just the two plays separates the teams at the end of a 7 game series.

I can't stand Lebron, and I was cheering for GS as a result, but you've got to hand it to the guy, he is an amazing player. This win has completely changed the narrative surrounding him now for me anyway. Even people that don't like the guy can't really argue that he isn't one of the greatest ever now. He pretty much carried this team on his back with really only some solid help from Irving. The rest of the team is pretty average to be fair. And Lebron basically coaches this team too. Pretty amazing stuff. Pretty poor too from GS. Curry was pretty disappointing almost all series.

Shaping up like a rematch next year too one would think. Cant see anyone challenging in the East and if GS stays together I can't see them not winning the West - maybe OKC could challenge but I doubt they are gonna be able to keep their team together.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:53 pm

Ibaka to Magic in return for a motza. Strengthens OKC
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:13 pm

Revraiser wrote:Ibaka to Magic in return for a motza. Strengthens OKC

Whats a motza bro? I may well be out of date with the lingo!

I'm not sure I like the trade unless of course it was effectively forced on them - I reckon they have probably done it cause Ibaka wasn't happy with his roll and they were likely gonna lose him next season when he becomes a free agent. I know KD likes Oladipo and he should offer some good perimeter D, but this trade likely means the basket protection D is now the Mo Bros, and one of OKCs big weaknesses last year was Kanter's D.

So I don't reckon it will strengthen them next year at all, but long term it was probably a trade they had to make.

Looks like KD is interviewing 6 candidate teams for his future - Clippers, Heat, Spurs, Celtics, GS, and maybe the Knicks. I don't reckon he will go to GS or SA, Heat, Clippers, and in particular Boston could be a real go though.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:58 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Whats a motza bro? I may well be out of date with the lingo!

I'm not sure I like the trade unless of course it was effectively forced on them - I reckon they have probably done it cause Ibaka wasn't happy with his roll and they were likely gonna lose him next season when he becomes a free agent. I know KD likes Oladipo and he should offer some good perimeter D, but this trade likely means the basket protection D is now the Mo Bros, and one of OKCs big weaknesses last year was Kanter's D.

So I don't reckon it will strengthen them next year at all, but long term it was probably a trade they had to make.

Looks like KD is interviewing 6 candidate teams for his future - Clippers, Heat, Spurs, Celtics, GS, and maybe the Knicks. I don't reckon he will go to GS or SA, Heat, Clippers, and in particular Boston could be a real go though.

Motza = alot. Hehe.

They got Oladipo and Ilyasova plus the rights to the Magics 1st round pick Domantas Sabonis.
    Had to happen, Ibaka as u said is off contract, so they cashed right in. Ibaka will demand huge money in 2018.
    I think Durant will stay fwiw.
    He wont be a laker !
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:04 pm

Some nice additions to my Pacers already

Thad Young and Jeff Teague, should be contending in the East next year especially if Myles Turner keeps progressing, we could get scary!
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:41 am

Revraiser wrote:

Motza = alot. Hehe.

They got Oladipo and Ilyasova plus the rights to the Magics 1st round pick Domantas Sabonis.
    Had to happen, Ibaka as u said is off contract, so they cashed right in. Ibaka will demand huge money in 2018.
    He wont be a laker !

Durant will stay for 1 year and then when the salary cap goes up, head to the highest bidder. Id love to see him go to NYK.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:47 am

ryno_ wrote:

Durant will stay for 1 year and then when the salary cap goes up, head to the highest bidder. Id love to see him go to NYK.  

Yeah I think that will be the case too.

Westbrook has 1 more year too right? And those two seem joined at the hip. I reckon they will both decide to give OKC one more year to win a title - they were pretty close this year. And if they don't win then they'll both head out of town.

Yup, for sure he aint gonna be a Laker...bugger!
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:49 am

Revraiser wrote:

Motza = alot. Hehe.

He wont be a laker !

Cheers mate - yup agree. It will be good to see the OKC team by and large stick together and give it a crack one more time. If Adams continues to improve and now with the addition of Oladipo who actually wants to defend on the perimeter and can score off the dribble you never know, they might improve enough to beat GS. My concern with OKC though is rim protection.

I think GS's style of ball is a bit over-rated now and teams now know how to beat them. The old style NBA still works!!
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:57 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Yeah I think that will be the case too.

Westbrook has 1 more year too right? And those two seem joined at the hip. I reckon they will both decide to give OKC one more year to win a title - they were pretty close this year. And if they don't win then they'll both head out of town.

Yup, for sure he aint gonna be a Laker...bugger!

Theres no danger of him being a Nugget, so I at least hope he goes to a team to be a part of a big 3/4 that can really give it a shake, instead of just taking a payday to a team that cant arrange a supporting cast.