NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NBA playoffs!!

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

NBA playoffs!! Empty NBA playoffs!!

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue May 17, 2016 2:07 pm

Anyone keen on the NBA?

Just watched OKC take home court advantage away from GS. Massive win and achieved despite KD and Westbrook going 17/51!

From a proud Kiwi's perspective Adams was huge again with 16 points, 12 boards, 2 blocks, and most importantly 2 clutch FTs with a minute to go to put OKC up by 3. Stoked for him, he is playing huge at the moment.

Anyone think OKC can take the series?

Hope so!!

Last edited by Rippin and Tearin on Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NBA playoffs!! Empty Re: NBA playoffs!!

Post by Revraiser Tue May 17, 2016 3:44 pm

I am an OKC fan, for a while now. Was genuinely surprised we won today, really throws open the series. And yeah adams is awesome, getting better and better.
    Do you follow a team ?
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue May 17, 2016 4:09 pm

Revraiser wrote:I am an OKC fan, for a while now. Was genuinely surprised we won today, really throws open the series. And yeah adams is awesome, getting better and better.
    Do you follow a team ?

When I was a kid I was an LA fan, then I kinda lost track of it all until Adams came onto the scene. Have been a fan of his and OKC since, but have recently become an LA fan again due to having family over there. I actually think LA could be a good team again, perhaps even make the playoffs next year depending on who they sign up and what draft pick they get.

The mini dilemma (although I've gotten over it) I have been having of late was that the crappier OKC went in the playoffs the more likely LA was to sign KD. That being said as soon as they became competitive against SA that went out the window and I just really hope OKC makes it to the finals and wins. Would be awesome for Adams and NZ basketball.

And yeah, today was crazy. Although OKC did really well against GS during the season so Im not all that surprised. GS didn't play that well but neither did OKC really so I think they have a golden chance of winning this series. They look very competitive anyway.

Adams is just out of this world right now given his age and background. He does so much great stuff off the ball. Seriously starting to become one of the better Cs in the league.

Post by Guest Tue May 17, 2016 4:13 pm

I'm a fan of way too many NBA teams to list.

Of those remaining, I'll back a repeat of last year - Bogut vs. Dellavedova.. I mean GS vs. Cavs
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue May 17, 2016 5:31 pm

I'm one of the fans that just loves watching the game but doesn't have a team, have heaps of players that I love watching play and I fucking hate the Spurs.

Curry had 7 turnovers today and Westbrook had 7 steals. There's your game right there.

GS will need to bounce back, they've had an average playoff series thus far in terms of actual basketball.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue May 17, 2016 11:05 pm

Lakers would have a while to rebuild anything decent now i think, wont be that easy via draft picks etc.

I always get nery when i hear about KD maybe going elsewhere. If the Thunder can win it this year, that may make it more likely he would stick around with westbrook and the other promise coming through and try to create more history in Oklahoma.

The team i am most excited about from a pure spectator point of view it the Timberwolves, if they can sign one big established name to go with the youngens they have i can see some success there.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue May 17, 2016 11:10 pm

Honeysett wrote:I'm one of the fans that just loves watching the game but doesn't have a team, have heaps of players that I love watching play and I fucking hate the Spurs.

Curry had 7 turnovers today and Westbrook had 7 steals. There's your game right there.

GS will need to bounce back, they've had an average playoff series thus far in terms of actual basketball.

I have had it in my head that GS have kept curry on ice knowing they would get to this stage probably, they used him lightly against the Blazers, but enough so that they came through.

I have seen so many amazing things from GS this year, whether it be curry alone sinking shot after shot and coming from behind or storming away, that i believe they can come from anywhere, they are an amazing team and it will take a monumental effort from the Thunder to win the series.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 18, 2016 6:54 am

Revraiser wrote:Lakers would have a while to rebuild anything decent now i think, wont be that easy via draft picks etc.

I always get nery when i hear about KD maybe going elsewhere. If the Thunder can win it this year, that may make it more likely he would stick around with westbrook and the other promise coming through and try to create more history in Oklahoma.

The team i am most excited about from a pure spectator point of view it the Timberwolves, if they can sign one big established name to go with the youngens they have i can see some success there.

Sorry, I may not have been very clear. No, you are right, rebuilding through draft picks won't be easy at all, but there is (was) a very real chance they were gonna be able to sign KD. If that was the case then like other teams have done they would probably be able to lure some minimum contract role players, perhaps even Harrison Barnes as well, then with a new system under Walton, these young guys like Randell, De Angelo, Clarkson, + hopefully Simmons if we get lucky and of course the distraction of Kobe gone then I think they would be a playoff team again instantly.

The whole thing rides on picking up a star in free agency though. The chances of LA getting KD though diminishes every game OKC win in the post season IMO...

Absolutely agree on the Timberwolves. They are the team to watch next season.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 18, 2016 7:01 am

Revraiser wrote:

I have had it in my head that GS have kept curry on ice knowing they would get to this stage probably, they used him lightly against the Blazers, but enough so that they came through.

I have seen so many amazing things from GS this year, whether it be curry alone sinking shot after shot and coming from behind or storming away, that i believe they can come from anywhere, they are an amazing team and it will take a monumental effort from the Thunder to win the series.

Yeah I agree, and that is what I am worried about, Curry didn't really fire yesterday, and certainly lost his touch in that final few minutes (so did KD though). But he will come right and GS will improve 10-20 points when he does. Given that, OKC are gonna have to cut out some of those TOs, and of course KD will have to improve his FG%. Personally I think all of the above will happen and as a result this series is gonna be awesome and extremely close.

I think a really important thing to remember is that OKC, while losing all the regular season games v GS, actually pushed them very hard and were probably arguably the biggest challenge GS faced constantly all year. The first game was a relatively comfortable 8 point win to GS from memory, but the second went to OT, and the 3rd (in GS) OKC should have won but blew the last Q.

I reckon this series will be close. I think if OKC can win both games at home they should be able to win one of the final three and take the series. Lose a game at home though, then things get very tough!

Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu May 19, 2016 12:59 am

I'm a pacers fan!

we are going to win it all next year, Myles Turner is going to be a superstar and we already have PG13 and Monta, if we can keep Lawson off the bench that will be huge

not sold on McMillan coming in but happy to see Vogel going

Hope the Warriors take it out because they are so fun to watch!
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu May 19, 2016 5:57 am

Welshy wrote:I'm a pacers fan!

we are going to win it all next year, Myles Turner is going to be a superstar and we already have PG13 and Monta, if we can keep Lawson off the bench that will be huge

not sold on McMillan coming in but happy to see Vogel going

Hope the Warriors take it out because they are so fun to watch!

If OKC don't win then Im all for GS as well. I just really don't want Lebron to win.

I;m a bit concerned though. I think the Cavs beat OKC in a finals series, but think GS beats the Cavs....
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu May 19, 2016 12:01 pm

Man, this is a blimp tough game, anyone watching? OKC in touch despite not playing great again. Tough D making it hard for both teams to get things going offensively.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu May 19, 2016 12:33 pm

How good is Adams 'tache
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu May 19, 2016 1:01 pm

Honeysett wrote:How good is Adams 'tache

I understand he has a moustache grooming product on the market (limited edition thing)!!

He is gonna be worth an absolute packet if he keeps up both his game and his image!

As for the game Curry outscored OKC by 15-2 in a 2 minute period of play. Game over right there. As hard as OKC play GS have the ability to do that at any stage Curry is on the floor. They are gonna have to play out of their skins to win both home games....
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu May 19, 2016 1:08 pm

I reckon this series is over in 6. I can see GS blitzing them.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu May 19, 2016 1:21 pm

Honeysett wrote:I reckon this series is over in 6. I can see GS blitzing them.

Mmm, sadly I agree.

It's just a bit tough I think for OKC to minimise their errors enough and hit a high enough FG% when pretty much their entire offence goes through only 2 guys. GS can just impose too much defensive pressure. Hope I am wrong though!
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu May 19, 2016 5:28 pm

Back to parity hey.

We had better be 2-2 at worst coming up.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri May 20, 2016 2:09 pm

Cavs are going to streamroll the Raptors. 4-0.

I think they take out the finals as well. Lebron is in mean form at the moment.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri May 20, 2016 2:30 pm

Honeysett wrote:Cavs are going to streamroll the Raptors. 4-0.

I think they take out the finals as well. Lebron is in mean form at the moment.

Cavs looking good aye. Without Valanciunas the Raptors are hopeless though.

It can work both ways but I am hoping that the complete lack of competition for the Cavs will mean when they come up against GS in the finals they won't be ready for them. The other argument of course is that the Cavs will be fresh and GS all beaten up after a tough series against OKC.

Assuming of course GS actually beat OKC - I think that is likely though.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri May 20, 2016 2:35 pm

By the way, who do you guys think Philly take at #1?

I haven't kept up with it at all. Ages ago all the hype was for your boy, Simmons, although my brother in law tells me Ingram is now considered #1 => LAL will probably get Simmons unless workouts show up someone as better/worse....