NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

WT Winfield - Winnie's Blues 2024

WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

WT Winfield - Winnie's Blues 2024 - Page 3 Empty Re: WT Winfield - Winnie's Blues 2024

Post by WT Winfield Thu 2 May 2024 - 18:39

Round 8

Managed my highest score of the season with 963, but feel even less like posting than the lowest score ever a few weeks ago. Bit of a negative jerk attitude being bummed about the dud Sorenson trade-in and Chester injury. Picked up Blore and JBrailey with the other trades and instant regret not going for Bateman. Now I'll probably grab Garrick ahead of him because CTRs > LKs or something scratch nfi what I'm doing.

Team for Rd 8:

Spoiler:

Probably max trading again with:

Guth to Armstrong
    Chester to Garrick
    Strange to Plath

Look at cashing out Salmon next week to Atkinson or Weekes, or could punt him over Strange this week if benched for Preston and Mann's returns. Hopefully can start saving trades soon and Sorenson coming back would help.

Thanks Very Happy
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

WT Winfield - Winnie's Blues 2024 - Page 3 Empty Re: WT Winfield - Winnie's Blues 2024

Post by WT Winfield Tue 7 May 2024 - 6:31

Round 9

Pretty good week with 951 and not many disappointments. Pap injury forcing yet another WFB trade this week. Getting ridiculous. Shit weather for Knights game, so Brailey and Armstrong spudding it up cost Camo some Fantasy Fantasy points. Feel for ya mate.

Up to 1123rd, but has been costly on the trade front. Down to 18 remaining and $54k bank coming into Rd 10.

Team for Rd 9:

Spoiler:

Need a WFB and need Batman. Pissing me off the last 2 weeks, and all of last year. Seems like such a dickhead too.

- Teddy: A steal at 576k and was my no-brainer swap for Pap. Likely bringing in Weekes next week, so having 6 on the bye Rd 14 is making me rethink things. Would likely be copping 0s for 13 and 14 if going for him, so I think I'll wait until Rd 17 or so when he's closer to 700k Laughing

- Taylan May: Good byes, decent price, but not that keen on his scoring. Doesn't look a keeper WFB or even CTR, so I think I'll pass.

- Atkinson: Two cruisey games for 30 doesn't give me a tonne of confidence, and next 3 could be tough, but he's a cashout that can fill a hole this week and probably sit in the emergency until the byes.

Pap to Atkinson then allows for JChan to Batman Batman

WFB is mud this week with Kiraz, Atkinson and Armstrong, but pretty good elsewhere and allows me to hold Sorenson for another week for what's probably a longterm injury, but no one's saying shit. May aswell hold May until the bye now I guess and hopefully holds value or starts trending back up.

Future trades I'm looking at Salmon to Weekes next week, then a decent chance I can swing SHughes to Tago the following week. Pretty happy with most of the squad, so might be able to save a few trades the next few weeks.

Thanks for listening Very Happy
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue 7 May 2024 - 18:42

WT Winfield wrote:Round 9

Pretty good week with 951 and not many disappointments. Pap injury forcing yet another WFB trade this week. Getting ridiculous. Shit weather for Knights game, so Brailey and Armstrong spudding it up cost Camo some Fantasy Fantasy points. Feel for ya mate.

Up to 1123rd, but has been costly on the trade front. Down to 18 remaining and $54k bank coming into Rd 10.

Team for Rd 9:

Spoiler:

Need a WFB and need Batman. Pissing me off the last 2 weeks, and all of last year. Seems like such a dickhead too.

- Teddy: A steal at 576k and was my no-brainer swap for Pap. Likely bringing in Weekes next week, so having 6 on the bye Rd 14 is making me rethink things. Would likely be copping 0s for 13 and 14 if going for him, so I think I'll wait until Rd 17 or so when he's closer to 700k Laughing

- Taylan May: Good byes, decent price, but not that keen on his scoring. Doesn't look a keeper WFB or even CTR, so I think I'll pass.

- Atkinson: Two cruisey games for 30 doesn't give me a tonne of confidence, and next 3 could be tough, but he's a cashout that can fill a hole this week and probably sit in the emergency until the byes.

Pap to Atkinson then allows for JChan to Batman Batman

WFB is mud this week with Kiraz, Atkinson and Armstrong, but pretty good elsewhere and allows me to hold Sorenson for another week for what's probably a longterm injury, but no one's saying shit. May aswell hold May until the bye now I guess and hopefully holds value or starts trending back up.

Future trades I'm looking at Salmon to Weekes next week, then a decent chance I can swing SHughes to Tago the following week. Pretty happy with most of the squad, so might be able to save a few trades the next few weeks.

Thanks for listening Very Happy

Slowly catching me... affraid
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed 8 May 2024 - 1:36

Ando wrote:

Slowly catching me... affraid

I could've been right there if I'd listened to you about Batman Laughing Expecting the wheels to come off soon when I have to save some trades or just run out Embarassed

Teamlists have me reversing and starting over. Batman back to edge goes from must have to still gun, but do I need him? scratch Would be happy if I got him 2 weeks ago, but not sure now.

No sign of Sorenson still, so maybe cut my losses and punt him.

Then Terrell May. Roosters forwards back on deck.. inching closer to Rd 13, but not sure 3 weeks of possibly shit minutes makes up for it. Leaning hold and hope he hits his BE again (only ~44 this time).

I think I played 10 + 17 across the major/minor byes last year, so thinking if I can field 27/30 across them this year, it should work out alright. Looking at Sorenson to Teddy and use Pap to loop Armstrong/Atkinson for 3rd WFB and/or 17th man with SHughes or Salmon. Definite interest in Matto too though, so he could come in as a Batman alternative.

Sorenson, Pap and JChan possible outs with Teddy, Atkinson and Matto possible ins. Would like to just use 2 trades this week. Weekes and Tago still on the menu following weeks too, so I need to run my numbers again.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed 8 May 2024 - 3:19

Teddy if playing origin could miss 13,14,16,19,22 and maybe 17 or 20.

Not keen to look at Brimson? Likely doesn’t play origin and valuable DPP
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed 8 May 2024 - 3:41

Rabbits21 wrote:Teddy if  playing origin could miss 13,14,16,19,22 and maybe 17 or 20.

Not keen to look at Brimson? Likely doesn’t play origin and valuable DPP

I'll just paste my PM here  Razz

"Depends if you can manage to cover for Teddy in Rd 13 and 14. Will worry about the other rounds later.

I'm looking at bringing in Weekes, Atkinson and Tago the next few weeks, so Rd 13 could look like:

HLF: DBrown, Weekes (assuming Hynes origin, and also Plath that could move down)
    CTR: Iro, Tago
    WFB: Kiraz, Armstrong, Atkinson

Rd 14 I'll have Angus, May, Teddy, Smithies, Weekes and Plath out.

If Angus makes origin, he could be a trade, but will see what happens. Probably have to trade May to a reliable keeper. Smithies could also be moved on.

If getting Teddy means playing short those rounds, then it's probably not worth it, depending who you go for instead. I was hoping Teddy's BE would be closer to 50 this week, but price might jump fast if he puts up another big one in the next 3. Sometimes a gun's price is too good to pass up and this might be one of those times. I'd be playing Atkinson and Armstrong if I didn't get Teddy, and he could outscore both put together  Laughing "

Still not interested in Brimson mate. Don't trust him to stay FB and career average doesn't scream keeper. Could be a good pick still, but I have my favourites and Titans and Brimson aren't on that list. Being a 50 average gun could help that, but he isn't imo.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Wed 8 May 2024 - 17:41

WT Winfield wrote:

I could've been right there if I'd listened to you about Batman Laughing Expecting the wheels to come off soon when I have to save some trades or just run out  Embarassed

Teamlists have me reversing and starting over. Batman back to edge goes from must have to still gun, but do I need him? scratch Would be happy if I got him 2 weeks ago, but not sure now.

No sign of Sorenson still, so maybe cut my losses and punt him.

Then Terrell May. Roosters forwards back on deck.. inching closer to Rd 13, but not sure 3 weeks of possibly shit minutes makes up for it. Leaning hold and hope he hits his BE again (only ~44 this time).

I think I played 10 + 17 across the major/minor byes last year, so thinking if I can field 27/30 across them this year, it should work out alright. Looking at Sorenson to Teddy and use Pap to loop Armstrong/Atkinson for 3rd WFB and/or 17th man with SHughes or Salmon. Definite interest in Matto too though, so he could come in as a Batman alternative.

Sorenson, Pap and JChan possible outs with Teddy, Atkinson and Matto possible ins. Would like to just use 2 trades this week. Weekes and Tago still on the menu following weeks too, so I need to run my numbers again.

I think you can afford to fade Bateman now with you already having Blore, Crichton and KPP. But yes you probably should have listened haha.

Although Teddy is a bargain, if he makes Origin he's not worth it with the amount of games he misses, Weekes could well be good enough to run as your WFB.

Atkinson is a nice cash grab and acts as a Hynes Origin handcuff but probably wouldn't want to play him in the 17 most weeks.

Therefore think I'd be doing Pap & Chan > Matto & Atkinson. Try and hold Sorenson, if he plays RD13 you'll be kicking yourself for wasting 2 trades on him without a score.

These trades should leave a nice bit of bank to grab Tago and Weekes next week plus other upgrades.

WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu 9 May 2024 - 6:12

Ando wrote:

I think you can afford to fade Bateman now with you already having Blore, Crichton and KPP. But yes you probably should have listened haha.

Although Teddy is a bargain, if he makes Origin he's not worth it with the amount of games he misses, Weekes could well be good enough to run as your WFB.

Atkinson is a nice cash grab and acts as a Hynes Origin handcuff but probably wouldn't want to play him in the 17 most weeks.

Therefore think I'd be doing Pap & Chan > Matto & Atkinson. Try and hold Sorenson, if he plays RD13 you'll be kicking yourself for wasting 2 trades on him without a score.

These trades should leave a nice bit of bank to grab Tago and Weekes next week plus other upgrades.

Thanks mate. I'm liking the JChan & Pap to Atkinson & one of Matto/Bateman/Fainu plan. Sorenson for Rd 13 is starting to look a little redundant when I mapped it out, especially if I grab Matto this week or next.

If going Sorro to Teddy, Rd 13 is shaping up as:

HOK: JBrailey
    MID: May, Plath, Smithies
    EDG: KPP, Angus*, (Pap to Matto)
    HLF: DBrown, Hynes*, (Salmon to Weekes)
    CTR: Iro, (Hughes to Tago)
    WFB: Kiraz, Armstrong, (Chan to Atkinson)

Hold: Grant, Cotter, Garrick, Teddy, Blore, Galvin, Hynes*, Angus*

If Hynes or Angus miss origin then I'm pretty well covered and could hold off on someone (Matto, Weekes, Tago, Atkinson), though I think they're all pretty good value. Matto risk vs reward could be worth it much like Angus. Could hold on SHughes to Tago depending how things go.

Sorenson seems excess and being able field 13 still after bringing in Teddy helps. Rd 14 is a different story, but May probably has to go. If I'm playing 13 + 16, it's not too bad. Smithies or a peaked Angus if playing origin could possibly be moved and field 17. If I can get through those couple of rounds, it might be better to just lock Teddy up now.

Weekes next week gives me Iro, Kiraz, Garrick, Teddy and Weekes back 5 with Armstrong and Atkinson NPRs, so I kinda like that through to the byes.

Finalising trades kinda depends on how Salmon or SHughes go this week, but do need to lock the Sorenson to Teddy trade in early to set things up properly. Expecting I'll use all 3 again, but just 1 next week Very Happy
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue 14 May 2024 - 8:56

Round 10

Not sure how I made it through the chaos somewhat okay this week, max trading probably, but I may have wasted one on Matto. Trading Sorenson probably a mistake as an update came through and he could be back this week or next.

I've probably lost my licence to complain after moving to 2nd in the FOG, but goddamn Grant as VC. Worst sinbin I've ever seen, with the bunker deeming it "forceful contact" Laughing But Angus with the forceful trip on DWZ, that's just a penalty. I put some thought into VC too, with DBrown and Angus viable options, but figured if Hynes was out, it's probably good for Grant anyway, so might aswell leave it there. Sick of the ridiculous MT count though, so probably gonna have to move it.

Hynes being locked meant I couldn't just switch Atko in instead of taking 30 from SHughes, but the 62 was good enough to sub Terrell out.

Finished with 829 and up to 572nd, so gotta be happy with the bigger picture.

$241k bank and 15 trades coming into Rd 11

Team for Rd 10:

Spoiler:

One trade locked in - Salmon to Weekes leaving a 349k bank.

Hopefully Hynes plays, or my captaincy options are thin. Probably go DBrown without Moses, or Angus for the ceiling. Otherwise I could trade for Yeo, but the only real candidate would be KPP if benched. Frizell apparently in doubt though, so no reason to burn a trade there if so.

Can cover for Plath and/or Armstrong out and would provide loop options, but be careful what you wish for. Better to just play full strength.

Fingers crossed I can keep it together the next few rounds. If it can happen to Ando, it can happen to anyone Evil or Very Mad
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed 15 May 2024 - 14:02

only 6 out of 21 the same

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024 - 13:51