NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

VSDT 2024

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

VSDT 2024 - Page 8 Empty Re: VSDT 2024

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:02 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:Thanks Milch!

As for my week, had as bad a week as I ever recall having in VSDT. Scored 773, ranked 537. Only benefit of all this is that it can't possibly get worse so I'm looking forward to the steep uphill ascent.

It all starts with having to play Levi at HOK this week!

VSDT 2024 - Page 8 Giphy

Don't jinx yourself mate, it could definitely always be worse....for example, I'm currently languishing in 693rd position and my team is a Titans-esque rabble.

I also had a bit of a snowballing disaster from vice captaining Cleary last week, meaning I basically had to abort my planned trade of Leniu to Hosking, as he was the only other bloke in my team not playing and I couldn't ignore Cleary's score......that was until Chan dropped out (and I had to burn a boost trade getting him out as I was already relying on a AE).

Thankfully (through dual's) I was able to trade Leniu to Galvin with my first trade this week but still have to deal with Walshy (due to Pappy being on the bye and Kini being dropped) and will need to use another boost just to field a full team (opposite issue to last week).

Assuming I will start looking like Des Hasler shortly.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:05 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    I am ditching Cleary

Partly because I want to trade in both Galvin and Plath and losing Cleary is easiest way to do that

Have a huge bank so can bring him back in easily enough

Against my better judgement I'm trading DCE instead of Cleary. That 106 BE is killer, although not normally relevant for a keeper. But if he keeps stinking it up then I'll want to trade him anyway and it'll be at a bigger loss.

Now the harder decision, who to Captain and who to play out of Burbo or Strange 🤔
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:15 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:Are we keeping Cleary ? and who is Capt. choice this week ? I think I will go plain vanilla and captain Fog.
    Vc yeo captain turbo
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:17 pm

i have cleary & moses so selling moses...going to carrigan (c)
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:02 pm

I'm playing this game like SC so that means buying in outside backs.

Moses + Piakura + Wong out for Holmes + Dom Young + Galvin

Team post-trades:
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:38 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:Are we keeping Cleary ? and who is Capt. choice this week ? I think I will go plain vanilla and captain Fog.

Hey AR.

I'm doing Cleary and Kini > Galvin and Plath (planning to bring back Cleary after his bye).

C on T.Turbo (he should carve up my Dragons, unfortunately), and VC on Teddy for me. (NB: I don't have Fog.)
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:45 pm

Keeping Cleary.
    C on Api
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:54 pm

C API, vc rts
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Don't jinx yourself mate, it could definitely always be worse....for example, I'm currently languishing in 693rd position and my team is a Titans-esque rabble.

I also had a bit of a snowballing disaster from vice captaining Cleary last week, meaning I basically had to abort my planned trade of Leniu to Hosking, as he was the only other bloke in my team not playing and I couldn't ignore Cleary's score......that was until Chan dropped out (and I had to burn a boost trade getting him out as I was already relying on a AE).

Thankfully (through dual's) I was able to trade Leniu to Galvin with my first trade this week but still have to deal with Walshy (due to Pappy being on the bye and Kini being dropped) and will need to use another boost just to field a full team (opposite issue to last week).

Assuming I will start looking like Des Hasler shortly.

Bloody hell mate, that sounds like chaos. I must admit, I've never even entertained the VC loop in this format. I assume it's the same as Supercoach? In both formats I'm still a purist and just go with a straight C each week. Too many absolute plodders (who always end up being in my starting team anyway) to bring in another single digit AE score. Wink

Like I was just saying in the SC thread, I find it a lot easier to hold Cleary in these formats, and plan to do so unless there's a significant change to his injury time out. I am moving on Piakura, though, which I'd prefer not to do but hoping it's for the better.

Turbo (C), Hynes (VC).
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:34 am

I put the VC on TerMay
    What would you consider the line to be in taking a captaincy loop? Is 70 enough to loop in?
    It would mean losing Lane for an AE of Shoes, Salmon, Strange or Lane

Otherwise Cappy Carrigan - which I'm leaning towards tbh, but realised I have no idea what a good loop score is in VSDT
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:18 am

easytiger wrote:I put the VC on TerMay
    What would you consider the line to be in taking a captaincy loop? Is 70 enough to loop in?
    It would mean losing Lane for an AE of Shoes, Salmon, Strange or Lane

Otherwise Cappy Carrigan - which I'm leaning towards tbh, but realised I have no idea what a good loop score is in VSDT

Do you have a good C option from the Tigers/Eels game? Hopgood/Koro or someone

If so then you will likely no what your AE will be before the game so you will have a better idea if its worth it or not.

It won't be a surprise if at least 1 of Shoes/Strange will score poorly, so I'd be tempted to look at their scores and then decide whether to risk captaincy or not

easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:31 am

Milchcow wrote:

Do you have a good C option from the Tigers/Eels game? Hopgood/Koro or someone

If so then you will likely no what your AE will be before the game so you will have a better idea if its worth it or not.

It won't be a surprise if at least 1 of Shoes/Strange will score poorly, so I'd be tempted to look at their scores and then decide whether to risk captaincy or not

Only Lane and Lussick, so that's a big no sadly.
    I can see Shoes & Salmon before Patty plays, so Strange is the risk. Probably just stick with the C and hope for the best.

Thanks for the advice
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:16 pm

Blaize Talagi is going to be hard to pass up if he punches out a good score this arvo.

Having to get Haas, Hynes and Cleary back in is going to be some kind of trick, already regretting trading out Cleary.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:40 pm

Absolutely running this team into the ground.

Captained Turbo, with Hynes in my team.

Brought in Koro for Levi - hopefully still works out, but sad this week.

Had Metcalf in my squad.

Played Salmon over Hutch (and Strange).

Six starting players scoring below 30.

Times are tough for the team.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:14 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:Absolutely running this team into the ground.

Captained Turbo, with Hynes in my team.

Brought in Koro for Levi - hopefully still works out, but sad this week.

Had Metcalf in my squad.

Played Salmon over Hutch (and Strange).

Six starting players scoring below 30.

Times are tough for the team.

Tough indeed mate, I have no idea how I am hanging in there made some dumb calls already and will make some more for sure just have to battle on. good luck.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:13 pm

A terrible 708 this week. Loose 3 of 4 h2hs. Thankfully No Worries is around to make me feel slightly better.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:31 pm

Can anyone beat this for a halves combo for this week? Cleary, Hynes, Galvin, and Plath! FML!
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:23 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:Can anyone beat this for a halves combo for this week? Cleary, Hynes, Galvin, and Plath! FML!

Doesn't get rougher than that. At least we get the Boost trades in this format, I guess.

That said, would you really want to trade out Hynes, Galvin or Plath anyway? I guess Cleary and Plath in a pinch?

lol, I just realised I have Cleary, Hynes, Galvin and Metcalf. lol. Was 100% set on holding Cleary. Sad
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:37 am

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:Can anyone beat this for a halves combo for this week? Cleary, Hynes, Galvin, and Plath! FML!

i have the mighty Hutch to save me here but what are your plans? Cutting a keeper and a cow? Im probably going to ditch Plath at this stage and keep Cleary and Galvin....until Sexton gets named in 7.....
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:04 pm

My team is rubbish atm, but at least I have 2 playing halves (i.e. Townsend and Flanagan filling in for Hynes and Cleary) alongside the non-playing Galvin and Plath.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:04 pm