NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 46 - You say which fantasy group is at the top? I Can't Believe It's Not Butters

Welshy
    Welshy

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 46 - You say which fantasy group is at the top? I Can't Believe It's Not Butters  - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 46 - You say which fantasy group is at the top? I Can't Believe It's Not Butters

Post by Welshy Wed May 10, 2023 9:52 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Well, he too has had individual games where he's scored 60+ and looked the goods.

Not allowed to use those scores unless it was the last game played and therefore the absolute norm
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 46 - You say which fantasy group is at the top? I Can't Believe It's Not Butters  - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 46 - You say which fantasy group is at the top? I Can't Believe It's Not Butters

Post by Revraiser Wed May 10, 2023 9:53 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Put your team up mate, think you need at least 10

So can be done in a R13 trade week, but might need to move some funds around before hand as some prep

Cheers mate. 20 trades and 1k itb.

Jmk
    Ford Yeo Cheese
    Hosking Fifita
    Hynes Cleary
    Holmes Penis
    Latrell Walsh To'o

Dce Bula Boyd Granville
    Warbrick Ale Hands Alamoti
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed May 10, 2023 9:56 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

I’d move towards 13 if that’s the case

How many u looking to have ?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 10, 2023 9:57 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Jmk
    Ford Yeo Cheese
    Hosking Fifita
    Hynes Cleary
    Holmes Penis
    Latrell Walsh To'o

Dce Bula Boyd Granville

Could do Alamoti to Olo and Warbrick to Garrick or Drinkwater? Probably don't need another WFB though.

Post by Guest Wed May 10, 2023 9:59 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Jmk
    Ford Yeo Cheese
    Hosking Fifita
    Hynes Cleary
    Holmes Penis
    Latrell Walsh To'o

Dce Bula Boyd Granville

Where’s Suli?

Post by Guest Wed May 10, 2023 9:59 pm

Has anyone else max traded just so I feel a little better?

I have a serious problem
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Wed May 10, 2023 10:03 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Does Couchamn down to Oloapu give you enough to upgrade Sloan to Garrick or Drinkwater?

Can do Sloan to Garrick in 1, but yes I can afford Drinky if I go Couch to Oloapu.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed May 10, 2023 10:05 pm

MF wrote:Has anyone else max traded just so I feel a little better?

I have a serious problem

I’ve saved 1
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Wed May 10, 2023 10:05 pm

As much fun as Te Whare mania was, outside of the highlights, there were also times where he clearly looked slow. Lagging behind the rest of the line on kick chases etc.

And I suspect those are the types of things Wayne is watching.

So I'd be a little apprehensive about bringing him in without seeing him in the team list again.

Hopefully he does though because it's a great story and I r enjoyed the show.

He also had a "good" match up in Talakai, because he's another fucking brick that likes to go over people. But inevitably he'll end up against someone with wheels who will dance around him.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed May 10, 2023 10:06 pm

FaringdonSwirl wrote:

Can do Sloan to Garrick in 1,  but yes I can afford Drinky if I go Couch to Oloapu.

I like that trade mate, especially if you are keen to hold onto a few
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed May 10, 2023 10:06 pm

Revraiser wrote:

How many u looking to have ?

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed May 10, 2023 10:09 pm

MF wrote:

Where’s Suli?

He's in the pool room, on the 'Great wall of Stiffy'.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed May 10, 2023 10:11 pm

wolfking wrote:

Could do Alamoti to Olo and Warbrick to Garrick or Drinkwater?  Probably don't need another WFB though.

Yeah I'm just not sold yet on Drinkwater, unless it's purely for numbers I get it. Will he stay in Ur team till the end if u have him ?
    And are we feeling gud about Olo being a starter soon ?
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Wed May 10, 2023 10:15 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Honestly I think Cook's gotta go. His BE is high enough that it's basically now or never in terms of selling him, either do it now or hold for a long time.

The problem with Cook (and also Murray) is that he's not getting the base that he was getting last year because his team is destroying everything in front of them, and the attack that's destroying these teams isn't going through him (at least not in a Fantasy-relevant sense), thus meaning that Cook is getting both lower base and less attack because all the tries, line breaks and assists are going to the guys out wide (mostly Latrell Mitchell and Cody Walker).

Souths' draw is also very soft to basically the end of the season, their next 5 are the Tigers, Eels, Raiders (Origin affected), Titans and Dragons. They've played Melbourne and Penrith twice already, and don't have the Dolphins again either.

TLDR: Cook's team is too good and he's not getting base, nor is he getting attack from that good team, so unless you think that will change, sell immediately

I don't necessarily disagree with what you're saying. I think several players in my team could be trade outs this week (Cook, Sloan, Ford, Couch), it's just who to bring in is the problem, which I think can be cleared up by waiting.

Have barely saved any trades, so don't think it'll hurt too much waiting a week or two to see what happens with Te Whare, and who makes origin. Really don't want to trade in someone who then ends up making origin.

Good write up though, thanks for that.
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Wed May 10, 2023 10:22 pm

Welshy wrote:

I like that trade mate, especially if you are keen to hold onto a few

Yeah definitely like the trade out/s. Will need to put both scenarios into my bye planner and see how they line up.

Cheers
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed May 10, 2023 10:25 pm

Curious how people who have been max trading are going to field 13 in 13 and then back up for the next six rounds plus solidify a decent team for the run home?

Had a look today and I reckon if you can get 10-11 (including 7-8 decent scorers) you’ll be doing pretty well otherwise your going to run out of steam (i.e. trades) before the byes are out. Also those 8 trades you get @ 20 need to cover injuries/hia’s/byes for the run home with maybe a couple of luxury trades.

I think it’s going to be a pretty challenging season from here.

Edit : you’re not your 😬

Last edited by Aardvark on Thu May 11, 2023 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Wed May 10, 2023 10:29 pm

I think 16 will be the true test of how well the top teams flex. I feel like you can’t get quality and quantity with the teams available without some heavy trading in and out
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed May 10, 2023 10:31 pm

Enchanted Glossy Flamingo wrote:I think 16 will be the true test of how well the top teams flex. I feel like you can’t get quality and quantity with the teams available without some heavy trading in and out

Yep
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed May 10, 2023 10:33 pm

Bethany_B wrote:
    Honestly I think Cook's gotta go. His BE is high enough that it's basically now or never in terms of selling him, either do it now or hold for a long time.

The problem with Cook (and also Murray) is that he's not getting the base that he was getting last year because his team is destroying everything in front of them, and the attack that's destroying these teams isn't going through him (at least not in a Fantasy-relevant sense), thus meaning that Cook is getting both lower base and less attack because all the tries, line breaks and assists are going to the guys out wide (mostly Latrell Mitchell and Cody Walker).

Souths' draw is also very soft to basically the end of the season, their next 5 are the Tigers, Eels, Raiders (Origin affected), Titans and Dragons. They've played Melbourne and Penrith twice already, and don't have the Dolphins again either.

TLDR: Cook's team is too good and he's not getting base, nor is he getting attack from that good team, so unless you think that will change, sell immediately

People who don't own Cook are looking to bring him in soon. Its too late to avoid losing the cash he has already lost, do you want to trade him out now if 3 weeks later he is a buy?

If it wasn't for origin he'd be a clear hold in my view. So now I am half tempted to hold on the off chance he doesn't make the blues squad (which he almost certainly will, but its only 2 more weeks to hold)
    Reece Robson is the obvious replacement and he isn't about to shoot up in price, so a direct trade should be possible in a week or 2 anyway.

Also to say Cook's team is too good is rubbish. Souths were also quite a good team last year and Cook averaged 66
    His scores last year against the 5 teams you listed were 66, 70, 74, 72, 77, 63, 68, 85 (3 tries in those 8 games)

2 weeks ago he was denied 2 tries by the bunker (one a bit harsher than the other) so he's fine for getting himself in the right position. Its not going to be a big surprise
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed May 10, 2023 10:34 pm

mattnz wrote:The list of CTRs that have scored 60+ this season playing in that position, without a try or try assist:
    Gagai
    Smith

Note that CTRs around $600k, Holmes, Graham, Penisini, Timoko, Manu, Herbie all don't make this list, which Smith made in his first game of the season ... pretty rare company.

I don't know about you but Bird played at CTR in my team and scored more than 60 without a try or try assist

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:15 am