NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 40 - Matt Broke My TV

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 40 - Matt Broke My TV - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 40 - Matt Broke My TV

Post by Revraiser Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:26 pm

Everyone sounds like they need a good hard *oot. Given its a forum and we somewhat know each other, an orgy wouldn't be the worst idea.

:pinocchio:

mickspicks
    mickspicks

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 40 - Matt Broke My TV - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 40 - Matt Broke My TV

Post by mickspicks Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:26 pm

Ando wrote:At what point is it regarded as bullying Matt? His contribution to the forum is class and I rate how he sticks to his principles but surely others are allowed to disagree / counter argue?

He's obviously very vocal about his fantasy ideas which is why he probably cops the backlash when things don't work out.

Isn't this place like 95% shitposting anyway? If anyone is getting worked up about fantasy nrl then they need to just take a step back and breathe.

Posting an opinion and idea is great, and good on Matt for doing so, but that can be met with harsh criticism. That goes for any user. I think it's all above board and in good jest.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:27 pm

Anyway I'm up to rank 19th, not bad for a Pom ey cheer Welsh
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:27 pm

Jesus I came in late to a Matt bashing.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:28 pm

Revraiser wrote:Everyone sounds like they need a good hard *oot. Given its a forum and we somewhat know each other, an orgy wouldn't be the worst idea.

:pinocchio:

so we can count you in for the Sydney meetup?
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:29 pm

Krump wrote:
    Im a huge fan of Matt but I also hammer him. I’ve never seen someone speak so confidently about sport and that’s my issue. Matt speaks in facts not opinions.
    He also takes the piss right out of fantasy choices that he hasn’t made. Saying lemonule is the latest that I remember, we aren’t picking on a defensless kid he talks plenty of shit himself

Yeah I mean, it’s not really a mystery why ppl are dunking on Matt for Granville and nobody else. Nobody else was saying insane stuff like he’d score 10 less than Robson in R13/16 like that’s a reasonable expectation and not a freak outlier result if it comes in.

I like his work tho. Best post tonight was him saying in response to Cowboys scoring when Granville went off that it was actually because McInnes went off. Just masterful championing of the two players he owns, in one simple sentence. A joy to see a true artist at work like that
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:30 pm

standard-issue wrote:

Lol  I get you now.  

Replied to your post on the last thread and thought it was a reference to me not catching up with your BFF Mat T at Origin last year because I took a date to the game Laugh 3 Not that Mat gave a shit, but thought he might have given you some ammo!
    That fucker gave me nothing. He’s here for smashing pumpkins this weekend so I’ll let him know that you’re available again
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:30 pm

Krump wrote:
    so we can count you in for the Sydney meetup?

Prick tease.
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:31 pm

Ando wrote:At what point is it regarded as bullying Matt? His contribution to the forum is class and I rate how he sticks to his principles but surely others are allowed to disagree / counter argue?

He's obviously very vocal about his fantasy ideas which is why he probably cops the backlash when things don't work out.

Some people can’t eat chips, they only eat plankton
    As for what sauce on the chips, well that’s a whole other topic

Last edited by Contrastinghobby on Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:23 am; edited 2 times in total
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:34 pm

Brought Hynes in pregame, put the C on.

Holmes got 17, I played Granville for his 25... to be honest for me Granville tonight is only 10 points off being very content with it. Brought him in last week. This wasn't a 600k purchase, perspective u pinheads.

Not confirmed, but maybe 3 to 4 weeks out for Uele, and Nikora not so bad. But tomorrow will reveal more i guess.

Last edited by Revraiser on Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:36 pm

In other news it sucks when your chance of a good fantasy round is over after one game.

Lowlight was new signing Drinky literally handing Hynes the ball so he could flop over for a try.

At least I have Hynes in L2 draft I guess.

IRL, I reckon Sharks are legit this year. Sharp team but starting to get a few niggly types in there too - you seem to need them to win comps. Not saying we need to bring back the biff, don’t condone punching people, but we do need a system to stop pissant wingers like Ronaldo talking shit.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:36 pm

I really love the talking shit here and I’m a bit careful about it. I aim for Mulvy and revs because they seem to love it and shoot back.
    Everyone else I talk shit to is because I’ve met them and they are just great blokes who I know won’t take offence. Shoutout to the Sydney meetup, it’s a lot of fun with a bunch of weirdos from all walks of life who spend their time enjoying the same things that you do!
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:37 pm

Krump wrote:I really love the talking shit here and I’m a bit careful about it. I aim for Mulvy and revs because they seem to love it and shoot back.
    Everyone else I talk shit to is because I’ve met them and they are just great blokes who I know won’t take offence. Shoutout to the Sydney meetup, it’s a lot of fun with a bunch of weirdos from all walks of life who spend their time enjoying the same things that you do!

Post less.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:38 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Tossing up whether I hold Turbo one more week and go to Drinky next week or whether I stick with Turbo to AJ. I usually don’t like bringing in a winger into my fantasy WFB’s at a solid price but maybe I should break that rule If I get AJ for him to score well I have to rely on tries coming over the next 8 weeks or so. (Our run does ease up a lot)……

I jumped off turbo this week, hes been stinking the place up for weeks, playing injured, doesnt sprint, still tries to get involved, but hes a liability.

Id be off him this week, not convinced on AJ, but i have noone to offer up instead,
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:39 pm

Contrastinghobby wrote:

Was going to say nothing and stay on the fence but will speak on this

I see it this way, 'most here' want everyone who posts here to do good.
    When your player or team goes well you celebrate it or with others, it's a positive mindset thing.
    This is a hobby so you look for the positives and it makes you feel good, sharing in something we enjoy
    I don't how you could wish anything else
    I mean at a meetup how could you share a beer with someone while secretly wishing their team fails simply to make you feel better.

A few would prefer to look for negatives, remind people after the fact and kick people when they are down
    I don't know how you could watch a game hoping XYZ player gets injured or misses that tackle or drops the ball
    All for the the chance it helps your own team.....
    It is probably a coping mechanism to help justify their own decision but why should it be at the expense of others?
    Opinions are spoken as facts, hypotheticals are made up to suit only them and I wouldn't be suprised if people get sucked in sometimes with hail mary decisions.

It's never as simple as XYZ player being good, it has to be this other (Popular forum player) is bad or my player is better than yours
    This sets the mood of the entire forum and it's bullshit
    Someone replies, then someone calls it bullying/racist, names get thrown... Rinse, repeat

It's fucken tiring to be honest

TLDR: There is one common denominator here and it drives people away from here
    are you saying the the popular forum opinion causes shit? No doubt it does.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:40 pm

syn13 wrote:

Tonight was textbook for me, Granville had a last 3 average of around 35 points from around 60 minutes, and was an easily arguable and pretty popular in around here from what i saw, but then a select few want to turn around and frame it as a trade-in only an idiot would make with the benifit of hindsight for no other reason than to be complete pricks because matt picked him, I’ve noticed a few more popular posters here posting about their Granville-affected score without sharing the same fate.

Well, before the game, I said traded him in last week, I wasn't so sure he was still a trade in this week, and posted that I had him in position 18 just in case. Just saying because your post was wordy, and not sure what you're implying, and it's late.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:40 pm

[quote="Krump"]I really love the talking shit here and I’m a bit careful about it. I aim for Mulvy and revs because they seem to love it and shoot back.
    Everyone else I talk shit to is because I’ve met them and they are just great blokes who I know won’t take offence. Shoutout to the Sydney meetup, it’s a lot of fun with a bunch of weirdos from all walks of life who spend their time enjoying the same things that you do![/quote]

Really!!! when was the last time u beat off outside SI's window??

Last edited by Revraiser on Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:40 pm

Ando wrote:Anyway I'm up to rank 19th, not bad for a Pom ey cheer Welsh

legend

I gained 7000 places on the back of tonight, which shows how far back I was! ;-)
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:40 pm

Ando wrote:

Post less.
    You fuckers are welcome to come. I think there’s a plate going around for welshy
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:42 pm

Revraiser wrote:Brought Hynes in pregame, put the C on.

Holmes got 17, I played Granville for his 25... to be honest for me Granville tonight is only 10 points off being very content with it. Brought him in last week. This wasn't a 600k purchase, perspective u pinheads.

Not confirmed, but maybe 3 to 4 weeks out for Uele, and Nikora not so bad. But tomorrow will reveal more i guess.
    The only time you post is to show off. Well done

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 12:26 am