NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

filthridden
    filthridden

The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 44 Empty Re: The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

Post by filthridden Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:09 pm

No Worries wrote:What do you call it when Milchcow masturbates?

Beef Strokinoff.

I'm not sure what prompted this but I would like to say I am OK with it.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:37 pm

It was a bad dad joke that I thought would work with a bit of personalization
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:45 pm

Udder nonsense.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:15 pm

Hey lads, is it at all possible when u d/load a movie and have the subtitle file with it, to just play those simultaneously without having to encode or other long winded procedure ? I thought u can change the file.names and they will run as one or something ?
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:54 pm

Anyone just tired and over it all?
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:21 pm

@Finch Mate we all get like that at different times. Plenty of history it this thread of people sruggling with the black dog and going through hard times. We're all ears, happy to lend a shoulder and it's a safe place. Men's health is something we take seriously in here and I myself am pretty proud to say I'm a member of this forum with it's history and the way guys band together and can talk.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:49 am

No Worries wrote:@Finch Mate we all get like that at different times. Plenty of history it this thread of people sruggling with the black dog and going through hard times. We're all ears, happy to lend a shoulder and it's a safe place. Men's health is something we take seriously in here and I myself am pretty proud to say I'm a member of this forum with it's history and the way guys band together and can talk.

10/10 post mate.

Officially started out as the "The Not Thread-Worthy Thread". Love the blokey irony in that!
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:10 am

Thanks. Sometimes it's just like "Ugh, what's the point?"
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:43 am

Finch wrote:Thanks. Sometimes it's just like "Ugh, what's the point?"

If it hangs around make sure you talk to someone. You will get through it, some of us just need some help.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:46 am

Finch wrote:Thanks. Sometimes it's just like "Ugh, what's the point?"

Mate get on the podcast, have a go at talking about it on there along with some fantasy chat!
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:35 am

Happy to have a chat Finch, feel free to add me on Facebook and have a chat. Been through some dark times myself and have often felt the way you've just described. More than happy to listen to what you've got to say. You're not alone here bro.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:15 am

Had a good massage lately HS?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:07 pm

filthridden wrote:Had a good massage lately HS?

The new lady used to do it for work so I get them regularly.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:21 pm

Did someone say Thai boy ?
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:16 pm

Thanks guys.

Yeah dunno what to say. Don't really have any friends, no partner, not much job prospects etc . Granted I could change this, but ya know. Warriors keep losing. Might seem like a small thing, but Warriors/League/NRL is one of the few things I really care about and it gets pretty depressing to constantly watch them lose. 

Idk, just not much going on really. *Shrug*

I think I'm just wallowing in self pity.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:28 pm

Hey Finch, what happened to ur dancing friend, the lass who was a little older ?

Last edited by Revraiser on Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:34 pm

Revraiser wrote:Hey Finch, what happened to ur dancing friend, the lads who was a little older ?

She moved to Australia
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:47 pm

That seems like an unhealthy emotional investment in something that you have absolutely no control over Finchy (Warriors, rugby league). Unless you own the Warriors?

Maybe take a break from watching them for a couple of weeks and you'll find you're not as attached as you thought you were? It's just something you've found to temporarily replace some other emptiness.

Go out on the town during the games, go to a social darts, poker or something game at your local club. It's rare to make new friends over night, but I guarantee that getting involved in some sort of social acitivity regularly and you'll start to find more like-minded people.

Even if there's not as many people your age, it's pretty easy to spark up convo's with older guys that have seen some shit and over time more people get to know your personality and you'll get more comfortable with starting/keeping convo's going and there's not much difference between talking to a 20, 50 or 70 year old. We're all young at heart afterall.

You can keep watching the games, but at least try to realise that you have no control over how your team plays and it's not worth being so invested. Hell, some players probably care less than we do as fans sometimes.

All the best man.

tl;dr Join a social club. It's what they're there for Very Happy
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:44 am

G'day Finch,
    maybe you just need to find a hobby to get interested in.
    Photography is a good time waster. I go for a walk at our local wetlands every other day. I haven't added much lately as I'm a bit down on things like you but check this out to show what getting interested in something can achieve. https://www.flickr.com/photos/132247206@N02
    Photography can work with being solitary. Take photos of flowers, sunsets get up early for a sunrise (stuff that Very Happy).
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:51 am

code delta wrote:G'day Finch,
    maybe you just need to find a hobby to get interested in.
    Photography is a good time waster. I go for a walk at our local wetlands every other day. I haven't added much lately as I'm a bit down on things like you but check this out to show what getting interested in something can achieve. https://www.flickr.com/photos/132247206@N02
    Photography can work with being solitary. Take photos of flowers, sunsets get up early for a sunrise (stuff that Very Happy).

Nice shots mate, lovely Black Cockatoo

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:28 am