NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 43 Empty Re: The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

Post by Rapture_NRL Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:49 am

Revraiser wrote:Continuously reading how it was two shooters, 4 arrested. Any explanation on how and what the other 2 or 3 were doing to be arrested ?
    Also, wasnt it the one shooter, who drove to the 2nd mosque ?

Just one shooter, multiple locations. One of the arrested was another citizen who saw what was happening and armed up to help lol commendable but stupid because it makes it harder for police to tell who is who lol he got released. Probably get a slap on the hand. 2 others arrested in connection with the the shooter. Either supported the planning or they were involved in the bombs placed around the city.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:41 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Amazing work mate. I showed this quickly to my PT mate and he said without knowing what you're doing it's not enough weight training and too much cardio. Weights will help you drop the weight quicker.

My advice is pick up a ball of coke and have yourself a good weekend and watch those calories fall off.

Thanks mate.

Yeah I'm tending to believe my exercise physiologist will tell me the same thing on Wednesday. I think more weight training and less cardio will shape my body better too and I won't be as fatigued by the end of each week (hopefully).

Thanks for the input Smile
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:38 am

MilfordTheMagician wrote:

Thanks mate.

Yeah I'm tending to believe my exercise physiologist will tell me the same thing on Wednesday. I think more weight training and less cardio will shape my body better too and I won't be as fatigued by the end of each week (hopefully).

Thanks for the input Smile

Focus on sub sets - so do your reps (however many you're doing) then go straight into another exercise.

I do three exercises straight away. So example, bench press, shoulder press, fly traps - and I'll do that with no rest. It raises your heartbeat and helps burn fat quicker as a result.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:23 am

Rapture_NRL wrote:

Just one shooter, multiple locations. One of the arrested was another citizen who saw what was happening and armed up to help lol commendable but stupid because it makes it harder for police to tell who is who lol he got released. Probably get a slap on the hand. 2 others arrested in connection with the the shooter. Either supported the planning or they were involved in the bombs placed around the city.

Cheers mate,
    ... whats the muslim % in the jail populations over there i wonder.. is he 'white' only or just against invaders as he calls them ?
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:01 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Cheers mate,
    ... whats the muslim % in the jail populations over there i wonder.. is he 'white' only or just against invaders as he calls them ?  

Um I don't think there's that many. Only 52,000 people here identify as Muslim. I think he's primarily against Islam, but I think is very much extremist in his views on white Christians.. Without making it about him, I am interested in how he's sentenced
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:21 pm

Rapture_NRL wrote:

Um I don't think there's that many. Only 52,000 people here identify as Muslim. I think he's primarily against Islam, but I think is very much extremist in his views on white Christians.. Without making it about him, I am interested in how he's sentenced

https://www.reddit.com/r/newzealand/comments/b2mp5m/clearing_up_some_confusion_regarding_charges_for/

Really good post worth reading for ya.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:05 pm

filthridden wrote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/newzealand/comments/b2mp5m/clearing_up_some_confusion_regarding_charges_for/

That’s quality. I love the idea of not charging him with terrorism so he doesn’t get as much opportunity to spout off his views. 50 counts of murder with a very fast trial and away he goes.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:38 pm

filthridden wrote:

Great post there. Well found filth.
    While a large slice of social media is dumbing things down there are other places that things like this crop up on.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:40 am

Yeah interesting read there, thanks guys
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:40 pm

NRL Touch Premiership Sides announced.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvOCOs7hlWx/

Broncos, Eels, Knights look strongest in the blokes and the 3 QLD teams + Tigers in the girls will be hard to beat.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:49 pm

I think there's a few touch players on here.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:53 pm

Krump wrote:I think there's a few touch players on here.

Any good ones?
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:58 pm

I see Turkey managed to elect their very own Fraser Anning. Ataturk is probably rolling in his grave
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:59 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Any good ones?
    I wouldn't have a clue. I'd have a heart attack if I tried to play touch these days.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:33 pm

Krump wrote:I see Turkey managed to elect their very own Fraser Anning. Ataturk is probably rolling in his grave

Erdogan is a power hungry dictator type. We bash Trump and Morrison but they've got nothing on this psychopath.

Guy is legit loose and dangerous.
    2016's attempted coup in Turkey, whether designed by the government themselves or not (a lot of suggestion this is what happened), Erdogan certainly used it to consolidate his grip on the country.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/democracy-post/wp/2017/07/14/one-year-later-the-turkish-coup-attempt-remains-shrouded-in-mystery/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.36fcd05fe0fe

Worth a read.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LraNlv__AU4

Here's a vid of his security attacking some protesters in the US. Pretty one sided and maybe not for the faint of heart.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:31 pm

Krump wrote:
    I wouldn't have a clue. I'd have a heart attack if I tried to play touch these days.

Touch what ?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:56 pm

filthridden wrote:

Erdogan is a power hungry dictator type. We bash Trump and Morrison but they've got nothing on this psychopath.

Guy is legit loose and dangerous.
    2016's attempted coup in Turkey, whether designed by the government themselves or not (a lot of suggestion this is what happened), Erdogan certainly used it to consolidate his grip on the country.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/democracy-post/wp/2017/07/14/one-year-later-the-turkish-coup-attempt-remains-shrouded-in-mystery/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.36fcd05fe0fe

Worth a read.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LraNlv__AU4

Here's a vid of his security attacking some protesters in the US. Pretty one sided and maybe not for the faint of heart.

How can the security get away with that on US soil ?

Great read RE turkey article, seems i had my turkish holiday in time (2010). Those things like retirement accounts take away etc, jobs, devastating.

Last edited by Revraiser on Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:05 am

Im heading down to our local mosque today. It was the one that was apparently the initial target this nutter had in mind before he switched his focus to C'Church (just a short walk from one of my work places). Will be the first Friday prayer for the people since last weeks terror attacks so I imagine its gonna be a pretty emotional time. Hopefully a show of support from the community down here will help just a little.

I've been pretty proud to be kiwi through all of this. From the top to the bottom the response of our country has been impressive I think. Jacinda Ardern has been a revelation (particularly when you consider the state of some of the other so called 'leaders' around the world). But I think more importantly the people of NZ are all standing strong in unity and support of those affected by the attacks, caring for one another, and standing up for what we believe in with loud voice and love. The flagged gun law changes put into motion yesterday just one of many other things that has made me proud to be Kiwi in these tough times.

Im glad the word seems to be taking notice as hopefully the way this is unfolding in NZ is paving a way to not only mitigate some of the risks of this happening again in NZ but around the world as well. Perhaps wishful thinking but I feel we are doing pretty much all we can at this stage, but acknowledge there is still a whole heap more that needs to happen over time.

Kia kaha and much love to all!
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:31 pm

Good post, mate. Good on you for heading down there.

I am going to observe the 2mins silence at work, hopefully I can find a live stream to follow along.

NZ has certainly, overwhelming reacted well to this but there are still pockets of social media/comments on articles that make me shake my head.

I too am proud of how NZ and Australia have reacted but we can't ignore that we have a lot of issues that we need to look at.

"There is no depression in New Zealand."
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:36 pm

What do you call it when Milchcow masturbates?

Beef Strokinoff.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 8:40 am