NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 67 - Only two threads to go

Holzman
    Holzman

NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 67 - Only two threads to go - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 67 - Only two threads to go

Post by Holzman Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:38 pm

Snatchpato wrote:
    worth quoting in case people missed it

Douehi stocks rising
    Still think if you dont need to bring him in this week might be best just to wait and see.

Koula to Douehi is on my Radar but Douehi has a BE of 43 so if he drops a big game then he shouldnt go up too much then you would fell more confident about getting him.

If he goes sub 40 then probably a good dodge. 

If he scores 45-50 then will be pretty much the same price.

Madden is into the squad and I know Hastings is confirmed in his spot but who knows as the games progresses.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 67 - Only two threads to go - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 67 - Only two threads to go

Post by robelgordo Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:39 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Meanwhile, Manly Supporters’ Group spokesman Robert Simeon has taken aim at the club’s management over the execution of its plan to become the first NRL club to run out in an LGBTQI+-themed jersey.

Simeon declared fans would be furious if the Manly lost the potential top-eight deciding game on Thursday due to a lack of consultation with and understanding of its players.

“The Polynesian players are deeply religious and if the chairman of the Manly Sea Eagles (Scott Penn) is only just working that out now it just highlights how little he knows about the makeup of these people,” Simeon told Sunrise.

“I just think he’s trying to buddy up with Hugh Jackman, I’m not sure if Hugh Jackman is interested in that.

They knew this wasn’t going to go down well which is why they kept it a secret. You don’t print thousands and thousands of jumpers overnight.

“They’re gonna be calling for blood, it won’t be the players it’ll be directed back to the hierarchy of Manly

“My message to the Manly fans is very simple, don’t be judgmental put yourselves in the shoes of these fine young men and ask yourself the same question how would you feel if you were put in that position.”

Courtesy of 7 news

I doubt this bloke speaks for everyone in the Supporters Group, let alone every Manly supporter. I think he's right the lack of consultation wasn't great - everyone seems to agree on that in hindsight, although are players consulted on the other 47 variations of the jersey they wear through the year? But the Manly ticketed member I know is definitely backing the club over the players. She actually managed to find and buy 3 jerseys on Tuesday after they sold out (the Leagues club had a box with 22 left).
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:40 pm

Titans do play Manly, Dragons, Knights and Warriors in the next 6 so he definitely can go big in a few.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:41 pm

Meanwhile it never occurred to me that Cleary might kick slightly less with SOS there. Might take the (C) off him for the first time since owning him
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:42 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

Wouldn't be the first time a high-profile person has gotten off scott free and won't be the last sadly. That does little to influence my opinion of him.

That’s fair enough, but I don’t think people should be scrubbed out of the game on the basis of accusations- especially when found not guilty etc

No doubt he’s probably a drop kick, but that’s not a disqualifying characteristic
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:43 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Haas def the safe option but with 5 games to go Fifita just needs two big games and its a no contest.

If titans werent so shit it might be more likely to happen.

I got fifita last week and was going to get haas this week but now im annoyed he scored big before i got him

Either could easily average 80+ in the run home and make it look one sided

Fifita probably more likely to hit a ceiling score but can also give you a 20
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:44 pm

robelgordo wrote:Meanwhile it never occurred to me that Cleary might kick slightly less with SOS there. Might take the (C) off him for the first time since owning him

If Burton didn't steal kick metres I'm not worried about SOS
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:45 pm

Some Manly tosser wrote:

“My message to the Manly fans is very simple, don’t be judgmental put yourselves in the shoes of these fine young men and ask yourself the same question how would you feel if you were put in that position.”

He’s right, we should all be showing a little empathy to better understand these fine young men who refuse to show a little empathy or better understand the LBGT community.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:48 pm

One last point for those at the pointy end

It might be a long time until you get in this position again. Now is not the time to be conservative. Whoever ends up winning will have a lot of luck go their way and that probably means running out of trades early then avoiding injuries.

If it was me I'd probably be burning 3 or 4 this week and holding on for dear life
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:49 pm

I like this kid Cleary for captain...he's got something about him
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:49 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

He’s right, we should all be showing a little empathy to better understand these fine young men who refuse to show a little empathy or better understand the LBGT community.

It’s funny googled Robert Simeon there’s a Twitter account, no tweets since 2020 but lots of Manly related ones then, so assume it’s the same guy. He was very critical of Folau in 2019. Now the Manly lads aren’t being explicitly homophobic in the way Folau was, so it’s not apples and apples, but it’s interesting how your perspective can change
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:50 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:One last point for those at the pointy end

It might be a long time until you get in this position again. Now is not the time to be conservative. Whoever ends up winning will have a lot of luck go their way and that probably means running out of trades early then avoiding injuries.

If it was me I'd probably be burning 3 or 4 this week and holding on for dear life

Said this to Wolfy earlier on, but the few times I've been in that position I've fucked it by playing it safe and ended up with a good result but a nagging feeling of what might have been
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:51 pm

robelgordo wrote:Meanwhile it never occurred to me that Cleary might kick slightly less with SOS there. Might take the (C) off him for the first time since owning him

I'll be shocked if SOS steals any KMs.

If anything I reckon it means Cleary does even more in attack without Luai, if that even possible.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:56 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

I'll be shocked if SOS steals any KMs.

If anything I reckon it means Cleary does even more in attack without Luai, if that even possible.

Actually a very solid point
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:56 pm

I’m C Cleary I think he goes well!

As for how many trades you should have left if your team is fully set I’d say 3.

I will have 2 being ranked around top 400 I’m going for it not much to lose either I finish around a 300 rank or drop to 600-700ish if shit hits the fan!
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:59 pm

Might Panthers be a slightly weaker team as Luai offers something different whereas SOS is in same mould as Cleary contributing to less true attacking stats (TA, goals)

Feel like anecdotally Hynes feels more likely to get a few more junk OFH
    Nrl4Life
    Nrl4Life

Post by Nrl4Life Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:00 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:I’m C Cleary I think he goes well!

As for how many trades you should have left if your team is fully set I’d say 3.

I will have 2 being ranked around top 400 I’m going for it not much to lose either I finish around a 300 rank or drop to 600-700ish if shit hits the fan!

I've 4 trades because I'm holding off on my McInnes to Murray until Dale is back
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:01 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:One last point for those at the pointy end

Aardvark wrote:

Said this to Wolfy earlier on, but the few times I've been in that position I've fucked it by playing it safe and ended up with a good result but a nagging feeling of what might have been

Cheers, its true.  Now is probably not the time to hold fire.  I think I'll do 3 trades leaving me with 2 for the run home.  I think Lolo is the trade out over Moses or Barnett.  Trades are;

Koula - Ted
    Palasia - Mbye
    Lolo - Haas

Gives me;

Cook
    McInnes Haas IPap
    Crichton Harris
    DCE Cleary
    Burton Aitken
    Ted Hynes Mitchell

Robson Elliot Doueihi Matamua

Moses Barnett MBye Kennedy

Not sure if 2 halves on the interchange is too weak over Lolo but can loop Moses and Barnett.

Any opinions on keeping Lolo over the other two I'm all ears.
    Ozymandias
    Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:03 pm

Captain Teddy tonight - banner incoming
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:05 pm

Solid plan Wolfy

Biggest call is who to dump for Haas. Can make a case for any of them.

Lolo's average drops 10 points with Cotter playing, so I'd either dump him or Mitch Moses, who has a tough run home.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 11:31 am